Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe The reason I usually abandon experiments.

TheBluePrince

So here’s why, of course.

Its usually because people aren’t interested or I don’t enjoy doing it as much as I think I would.

But now because of that I’ve been hated on the site, despite only being here for a week.

I’m thinking of quitting the site. But if you guys have any ideas for what I should do, or reasons why people aren’t very interested.

-TheBluePrince

12 minutes ago, TheBluePrince said:

Its usually because people aren’t interested

If you gave more detail about what you are trying to do and hoping to achieve instead of one sentence posts then people might show more interest.

don’t enjoy doing it as much as I think I would.

That’s why you should play some of the game/experiment before you post and that way you will know if it’s something fun and interesting to you. If it’s fun and interesting to you then post it with some good detail and explanation as I’m sure it will interest others as well.

I’ve been hated

No one has shown you hatred on this site and any negative comments you have had have either been to be constructive or are simply because people are frustrated by you not sticking to things and posting half baked ideas with zero detail.

Vibe is actually a welcoming site and much more so than most of the internet so long as you contribute things of worth. My best advice to you is to read and comment on other people’s posts and get involved in the site that way and then when you have ideas of your own people will be more open to them.

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If you gave more detail about what you are trying to do and hoping to achieve instead of one sentence posts then people might show more interest.

That’s why you should play some of the game/experiment before you post and that way you will know if it’s something fun and interesting to you. If it’s fun and interesting to you then post it with some good detail and explanation as I’m sure it will interest others as well.

No one has shown you hatred on this site and any negative comments you have had have either been to be constructive or are simply because people are frustrated by you not sticking to things and posting half baked ideas with zero detail.

Vibe is actually a welcoming site and much more so than most of the internet so long as you contribute things of worth.

Thanks for some help. I’m planning on doing a experiment that I’ve enjoyed in the past but I’m cautioning it just in case. It’s more of a “What if we gave a team ___ and what would happen?” more than what I want to try and make.

I agree with @FuddledFox.

I know you’re young and got a lots of these ideas but explain all of them in a few complete paragraphs that might attract someone to actually try it instead of just one sentence and expect us to understand it.

I don’t mind personally you spam the site with all the questions and abandoned careers as I assume you’re a teenager around my age or probably younger but that’s normal. The not normal is to accuse us for “hating” you. All those criticisms are to make you a lot better person around the site. Even me myself aren’t really that great as a person when I was earlier in the site. @Woody might remember it.

The Vibe is literally the most welcoming community around there for Football Manager. You just got to understand many of the members got their own personal life so don’t expect everyone to get involved in the experiments or compliments you in careers all the time.

I think @FuddledFox and @broodje kip said it best.

One thing I would add is, if you’ve got a lot of different ideas you want to test and some may not work, you could just creat one thread with your ideas and people can see how you get on in one thread, you’ll get a lot more interactions if there kept to one place rather than have a lot of threads that are just abandoned because the idea didn’t work etc. 

Edited by RichD

I agree with the others, but I do believe that it is not entirely respectful to assume that he is a teenager with scattered ideas or whatever. intelligence or ability to organize and age do not have to be related with each other. That said, it is true that nobody hated you and they only tried to steer you towards the way we all handle ourselves in the forum, that someone does not agree with you does not mean that they are hating.

1 minute ago, MatiasDFS said:

I agree with the others, but I do believe that it is not entirely respectful to assume that he is a teenager with scattered ideas or whatever. intelligence or ability to organize and age do not have to be related with each other. That said, it is true that nobody hated you and they only tried to steer you towards the way we all handle ourselves in the forum, that someone does not agree with you does not mean that they are hating.

Its quite easy to tell by how a person types as to what age range they would be I find, at least for me anyway, but I've probably spent too much time on the internet 😂

9 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

He’s talking very similar to someone around my age so it’s not quite hard to assume that

One thing i would always advise is not to play to (or for) the crowd. Play for yourself and your own enjoyment primarily. If you enjoy it, it will shine through and naturally make your posts more readable and enjoyable. And vice-versa - if you're playing for "likes", it'll come across as fake and won't be as interesting. 

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said but they've made fantastic points. Trust me the best thing I've learned from my experience is do what you want and what you find interesting, regardless of what the audience wants, I've forced out plenty of content to "meet a need" but my heart is rarely in it, that's why my content isn't that common now as I only do what excites me. Some of it flops as my intereste are niche but I at least had fun doing them and learned things. Come on who else would calculate the players running speed or if Lallana could take Yaya Toure in a boxing match 😂. My last content being the Jota/Mane article basically flopped but I learned more about the game and got excited about Jota, so that's a win in my book. 

@samhardyand myself have always said Vibe is a mystery and impossible to predict, you can post something you're sure will take off that bombs while something unexpected blows up and everyone loves it. 

I'd recommend following the advice here, start before posting and ensure you're committed to the idea, write proper updates and be patient.

You're asking people to give their time to you to enjoy your work, for that you need to ensure its worth their time and I've found members soon notice who the time wasters are (start and never finish etc) and learn to avoid their work as it's a waste of everyone's time. Reputation means alot here imo, thankfully I believe one is easy to build as we're a welcoming bunch but it doesn't come over night. 

You'll be fine mate.

Some of us old buggers can be abit moody from time to time but we are a decent bunch.

Testing tactics and how you want to pursue a career takes time but once you think you have something then maybe post a prelude with some info on what you're chosen career idea is. It will get people thinking and will more likely get interest.

Best of luck.