Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob parties with Bruno - Attempt 2


 Share

Recommended Posts

My one and only attempt

Badge number 5, created by @RichD, involves one of the game’s most creative and talented footballers around: Bruno Fernandes. You play a season at United and your overall score is his assists x 2 plus goals.

Transfers

I did a lot of business on this one. I don’t like United’s squad at all. Pogba went to free up funds to spend elsewhere. I ended up with a good first eleven and a decent second eleven. 

9727691B-4798-47F4-A98D-D6EC8FFA9CBD.thumb.jpeg.6657f7c1aa7896949195582786ab6bc3.jpegF20F3F1C-D44C-414D-B5CA-3FCFB3E82A13.thumb.jpeg.9c4bf7099f33853748844e7469fa2dc7.jpeg3E54595B-DC98-4D12-88B7-089A7B0D2277.thumb.jpeg.2f47e0ffb6d9206b1077e37cc4f7b895.jpeg45D04495-CF9F-4FDB-8D6E-334AC3D25A73.thumb.jpeg.2ba56864cfbaaf98c29e6293a167981c.jpeg

Team Performance

I’m really annoyed at the Carabao Cup performance. We were turd and it cost us a few matches. Otherwise it was... okay.

3FDAF554-0183-491B-AE09-8DD6957067A9.thumb.jpeg.5dbb142e7a827769df948d3c41ab63ad.jpeg3EC0721F-3B58-4106-8A09-5258EF69908A.thumb.jpeg.2d26858da02aaee4946c7843ea6eaf59.jpeg

 

Player Performance

By 25 games we had beaten the benchmarks, so after that it was just a case of cracking on to see what we could get.

B8501028-0D47-46D5-9DCB-878C4676EF7E.thumb.jpeg.85821a14b7f8aac6c135d16e3704777c.jpeg

The problem, as Ian said in his Wise Men post, is that come the end of the season if you are doing well in the FA cup and Champions Cup the fixture list is minging and a promising start can erode.

Bruno looked like this at the end:

B405F11E-FB74-43BD-9198-A8432E9F1742.thumb.jpeg.7bdddd7b0504b8054a1d247890bd8a0d.jpeg

And he finished with this:

47009ABF-B954-4809-BF2C-8A27665E200D.thumb.jpeg.fd60ec00bf0f730a7ae801b58d75abee.jpeg

52 goals and 47 assists gives me a score of 146. RichD please can you add me to the leaderboard?

Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some lovely signings there Rob and a huge score, bucket load of goals and assists, you take your place very highly on that leaderboard, well done 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RichD said:

Some lovely signings there Rob and a huge score, bucket load of goals and assists, you take your place very highly on that leaderboard, well done 😁

Can you link me to this particular challenge feel like getting on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RichD said:

Some lovely signings there Rob and a huge score, bucket load of goals and assists, you take your place very highly on that leaderboard, well done 😁

Thank you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A very nice return Rob, he’s very good is Bruno.

I didn’t like the starting squad either so have done a similar amount of business to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well done Mr Party! 

Excellent total....scoring for fun.

Thanks. I am always good for a party. Socially distanced, of course. Nah, I find putting my name with the challenge in it really helps me not save over files.

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Great score mate. Well played! 👏👏👏

Thanks. Great challenge. I’m kinda looking forward to seeing what everyone’s second attempts are like.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

A very nice return Rob, he’s very good is Bruno.

I didn’t like the starting squad either so have done a similar amount of business to you.

Cheers Ian. Assuming you use your Liverpool Front Three tactic and do your standard excellent squad overhaul I can see you making my score look poxy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RichD said:

There you go mate 👍

If I'm done how do I post it with your tag

Sorry mate I'm new here so might ask some questions

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Juwon O said:

If I'm done how do I post it with your tag

Sorry mate I'm new here so might ask some questions

 

You can start your own topic showing us how you get on with the relevant screenshots like others have done, even look at how @Rob’s looks and try and emulate that in your own topic, I will see it from there 😁

If you need anymore help, just give me a PM 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RichD said:

You can start your own topic showing us how you get on with the relevant screenshots like others have done, even look at how @Rob’s looks and try and emulate that in your own topic, I will see it from there 😁

If you need anymore help, just give me a PM 👍

But I'll have to tag you right?

 

Thanks mate I'll get on it 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Juwon O said:

But I'll have to tag you right?

 

Thanks mate I'll get on it 😀

You can do, I will probably notice though as I’m on here a lot 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

My one and only attempt

Badge number 5, created by @RichD, involves one of the game’s most creative and talented footballers around: Bruno Fernandes. You play a season at United and your overall score is his assists x 2 plus goals.

Transfers

I did a lot of business on this one. I don’t like United’s squad at all. Pogba went to free up funds to spend elsewhere. I ended up with a good first eleven and a decent second eleven. 

9727691B-4798-47F4-A98D-D6EC8FFA9CBD.thumb.jpeg.6657f7c1aa7896949195582786ab6bc3.jpegF20F3F1C-D44C-414D-B5CA-3FCFB3E82A13.thumb.jpeg.9c4bf7099f33853748844e7469fa2dc7.jpeg3E54595B-DC98-4D12-88B7-089A7B0D2277.thumb.jpeg.2f47e0ffb6d9206b1077e37cc4f7b895.jpeg45D04495-CF9F-4FDB-8D6E-334AC3D25A73.thumb.jpeg.2ba56864cfbaaf98c29e6293a167981c.jpeg

Team Performance

I’m really annoyed at the Carabao Cup performance. We were turd and it cost us a few matches. Otherwise it was... okay.

3FDAF554-0183-491B-AE09-8DD6957067A9.thumb.jpeg.5dbb142e7a827769df948d3c41ab63ad.jpeg3EC0721F-3B58-4106-8A09-5258EF69908A.thumb.jpeg.2d26858da02aaee4946c7843ea6eaf59.jpeg

 

Player Performance

By 25 games we had beaten the benchmarks, so after that it was just a case of cracking on to see what we could get.

B8501028-0D47-46D5-9DCB-878C4676EF7E.thumb.jpeg.85821a14b7f8aac6c135d16e3704777c.jpeg

The problem, as Ian said in his Wise Men post, is that come the end of the season if you are doing well in the FA cup and Champions Cup the fixture list is minging and a promising start can erode.

Bruno looked like this at the end:

B405F11E-FB74-43BD-9198-A8432E9F1742.thumb.jpeg.7bdddd7b0504b8054a1d247890bd8a0d.jpeg

And he finished with this:

47009ABF-B954-4809-BF2C-8A27665E200D.thumb.jpeg.fd60ec00bf0f730a7ae801b58d75abee.jpeg

52 goals and 47 assists gives me a score of 146. RichD please can you add me to the leaderboard?

Thanks for reading!

Very nice score there @Rob almost making me want to redo it lol seeing as my score seems way under par in comparison 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what hes done signed mostly unselfish players thats a really smart move there hold my hands up i never thought of that. I mostly sign ambitious/very

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Very nice score there @Rob almost making me want to redo it lol seeing as my score seems way under par in comparison 🤣

13 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Fantastic score there mate, cracking work!

Thanks guys. You still took me though Mr Smog. 

13 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Quality stuff Rob.

Cheers Mr Fox

12 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Impressive score Rob with some nice signings too.

Thanks. Getting the right signings is so important.

7 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

I see what hes done signed mostly unselfish players thats a really smart move there hold my hands up i never thought of that. I mostly sign ambitious/very

I wouldn’t say I tend to factor in unselfish, but I do like good teamwork. It’s something a good friend on here and me discussed years ago. Another thing is to always signing midfielders with versatility. Goretzka, for example, can play well in any of the midfield roles, but also do a job as right IWB, attacking midfielder, and left IF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attempt #2

In testing for the Ronaldo challenge I stumbled up something that may work on this one. So even though I said I won’t be attempting it again, here is another attempt.

Transfers

I really wanted to strip out the squad and get in players suited to my tactic.

Spoiler

B6EC5908-E74F-44C4-ADD3-AD21E9502CCB.thumb.jpeg.97f0b126aa7c89fbddbbc23e2266283c.jpeg655C36DB-F841-4676-827C-A3C5E64868FF.thumb.jpeg.75deda720a914e6b33ac201820d0b5bd.jpeg7BF6099E-8B67-449D-8462-B8D2EEB603E0.thumb.jpeg.78434c9679bd4111c6c332e075c82e49.jpeg162D7927-1BE0-432E-951B-217F9674B08B.thumb.jpeg.474c76a605baa752ff9808ffda8441ec.jpeg

I opted for two ‘good’ teams that had Bruno as the centrepiece as opposed to one amazing and one okay.

Team Performance

The dynamics on this version seem to allow you to kick on in the second half of the season. Usually in previous versions I found seasons would sort of die out a bit.

Spoiler

872E2346-FB5F-4958-9F8F-8DBAB5D11A2D.thumb.jpeg.8e5779b4fa5f92136382ad2771262790.jpeg757B204E-6BC0-4FCE-B602-4977A7CC0474.thumb.jpeg.893238554db7e10f81ee3aef8cfe5dbb.jpeg

The FA Cup loss was against the run of play and was massively disappointing.

This game was my favourite though:

C1D54CBA-46FF-4CCD-B510-7C805D1E2C50.thumb.jpeg.b4fb5b723c3b4a1d3053b1feb81dcc82.jpeg

Player Performance

We had a 3 week injury for the lad.

6869B610-8815-4D37-B43F-BA2DCE038A0E.thumb.jpeg.4903a94932618873d6b2f44b8562077a.jpeg
 

Other than that he was a machine.

1EADE452-DFF8-44AE-907B-83F37340F848.thumb.jpeg.853c2445e2a7b351af495c5f7e396b0c.jpegA6046D97-C0FC-46E0-A910-24B57358331A.thumb.jpeg.9c05175443dc256c608584cd4cd832bc.jpeg

49 assists and 59 goals gives me 157 as a score, which is an improvement on my previous attempt and a score I’m really pleased with. @RichD please can you update my entry on the leaderboard?

Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, broodje kip said:

Impressive score Robert. You’ll get points deduction for thrashing Newcastle 7-0.

Personally I think that deserves an extra 13 points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great effort mate. That's a really good score and not only that, you get a special award for somehow getting him injured! We all thought that was imposible. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2021 at 19:59, Rob said:

My one and only attempt

🤔

Tbf that was well worth another attempt as that’s a cracking score. Just a shame he had that injury otherwise I’m thinking you would be top of the leaderboard right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichD said:

What is it with everyone hammering Newcastle and rubbing it in 😯

Great effort though Rob, he done great, I may change the leaderboard 👍

I didn’t notice it was Newcastle 🧐 But now you mention it what a massive coincidence. Thanks though.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Great effort mate. That's a really good score and not only that, you get a special award for somehow getting him injured! We all thought that was imposible. 🤣

Yeah, I was kinda annoyed. Thank you though.

6 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

🤔

Tbf that was well worth another attempt as that’s a cracking score. Just a shame he had that injury otherwise I’m thinking you would be top of the leaderboard right now.

Cheers. I expect everyone had a few niggles and stuff so we can all use that excuse. What I found most fun is using a bunch of players I wouldn’t usually use - Hateboer, Goosens, etc. They’re very good players, but not the excellent ones you can usually attract in the other challenges (bar Redknapping).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A very nice attempt again and that injury was all that stopped you getting top score. It’s safe to say Bruno is rather good.

I’ve also discovered Goosens and Hateboer and they’re very good. Reasonably priced too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian said:

A very nice attempt again and that injury was all that stopped you getting top score. It’s safe to say Bruno is rather good.

I’ve also discovered Goosens and Hateboer and they’re very good. Reasonably priced too.

It’s ten points to you boys above me, but it’s a hard ten points. I had two games in the middle where Bruno contributed about twelve points, for example. Doubt I’d get that again. Totally agree on them being reasonably priced. Really solid additions to the squad and they always performed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...