Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Request account deletion, and some personal thoughs...

NguyenDucAnh

Hi guys, it's me, the weird Vibe lurker who loves messing with stuff. I made this topic today, not because I want to make another hex tutorial, or any modified databases and savefiles. Not anymore. I made this to announce my retirement from it, and to share some of my thoughts about the current FMM communities (not just Vibe). As always, sorry for the horrible grammar, and please don't be offended by any of these, I've tried my best to be nice...

I have joined Vibe for over 6 years, starting humbly as a lurker who wanted to try beating a game that I couldn't even win a single match. Back then, I knew nothing about FMH, and just wanted to play something I've never did before - but with the tips and tactics I got here, I actually got better at it, and gradually loved the game. That drove me to try and discover the secrets behind it, and this page helped me do so over the years with amazing articles, good tactics, and many customization stuff, both for graphics and databases. Vibers back in the day were actually very helpful and dedicated, they responded to my messages in kind (unlike nowadays...) amd were more eager to help. From that point, thanks to people like Jay (he used to be here), @Dec, @Kun Aguero, I become interested in database editing, and started to step out of the shadows with my first long article about hex editing. My English was terrible back then (it still is), but seems like it was useful, and I'm glad that it managed to helped some people. I also managed to made more good people here, some I even considered as friends like @Scratch, @Tictaka94 (I've even met  him once IRL), @Dec, etc. After that, I even tried making more downloadable stuff, and they were (kinda) well-received. In short, I loved being here ever since I created the account, and keep coming back here when I had a chance. I'd remained that way if not for the changes I've sensed in the community...

Vibe has changed quite a lot over the years (the bee/hexagon logo, the name and domain, the general page's theme, etc...), but the largest change is within its community. As Vibe grew in popularity, new users are joining more and more, and it sorta made it more toxic (I really hate using that word). There are four kinds of users like that:

- The first kind I wanted to point out are pirates. The second they made their account here, they will repeatedly made new articles to complained about fake names and asking for savefiles, disregarding the rule about piracy. What's worse, they even spamming other articles, and messaging other Vibers to get what they want. Those idiots are callous and selfish, and despite the best efforts made, more and more of them are keep coming, there is no stopping them. They came out with many reasons that they couldn't have the game legally, many of which could be circumvented with some extra measures.

- The second kind, less serious than the first (but equally annoying), are the ones who seriously don't know how to read. Despite Vibe having the search function (which I found very useful) and feature articles, I keep receiving messages about many obvious and basic stuff. If they could just take a minute and search for what they want on an article or the entire Vibe, they could have got the answer they wanted without nagging other Vibers. For example, I put the line "I don't do requests" on one of my download article, yet for some reason, people keep messaging me their request! I wonder how did they get here in the first place, since they can't even read or understand such basic things?

- The third are the ignorant ones, those who keep nagging for stuff that are just can't be created. Day by day, they will nagging you with ridiculous requests (One in particular, ask for a savefile for FMM18. In 2020. I'm not joking). Despite my best effort to explain that I can't make those, they ignored it and won't stop the nagging. As if they believe that they will get what they want by doing so! Couldn't they just leave me alone?

- The fourth, and probably the worst, is the abusive ones. These guys are dangerous: they keep lurking on your profile, they try to find your personal info, and once they did, they will message you, outside Vibe, for a request (mostly unreasonable). Once you declined, they will verbally abuse you, threaten you, and won't stop until your day has become miserable. My first Facebook account was deleted for that reason. FMM is fun, but it's just a game, can't they understand that?

The more time I came back to this page, the more people in those four kinds I mentioned showed up. 2020 has bee rough for me personally (Lost my job after being drafted into military - despite not physically fit, got abused by my "comrades", and spent the rest of the time hospitalized due to a nasty incident that I don't want to discuss about. I had to spent Christmas and New Year in the hospital, alone...), and seeing those people here, in one of my favorite pages, didn't help one bit. I tried to have some fun, but they just keep showing up, sending me requests, and they just don't stop even though I begged them to. The community that I've known for so long has been corrupted, and I don't want to be part of it, not anymore. I'm sick (literally) and tired of all those, I just want to take a permanent break from everything for now, and some of them didn't even allow me! So please, if any of the moderators are here and have time to read something like this, please delete my account, and every traces of it, permanently from the page. Put me out of this misery, I can't take it anymore. Thank you.

@Stam

That’s such a shame mate, I don’t do anything with that side of FM, the Hex editing and things but I do look in them kind of topics and I do notice the rude people or the people who don’t read things and keep asking in there. I can imagine that being infuriating. Sorry to hear about you being ill as well, seems like you’re having it tough. Hope things improve for you 👍

The internet is very toxic and plenty of people are just take, take, take and say things they’d never say in person. I’m not getting those problems on vibe myself though but I can see how you would with the area of the game you were focusing on.

Keep your chin up and hopefully things will get better.

Obviously the forum based issues you've mentioned like the leaches have always been here and always will be unfortunately, however for the more personal issues you've mentioned I'm extremely sorry and sad to hear about such issues. Obviously that type of stuff isn't acceptable on Vibe and it should have been reported to our mods who could have handled the matter. 

I've always said Vibe is a family and what you've put up with is unacceptable, we typically hang around in different circles of Vibe so we don't interact much but I do know your Hex stuff was useful to many and valued. 

I don't know if you'll see this or not but you should have reached out the second such issues came about and simply ignored people. Anyway all that is essentially irrelevant as it's clear you're worn down and going through alot IRL so take a breather mate and look after yourself. Hopefully we'll see you back at some point. 

Sorry to hear that mate, I have met this kind of person as well here (maybe not as abusive as the fourth kind) when I'm still doing those Hex tutorials and can agree that they can be so annoying sometimes. This isn't what you deserved for your massive effort in your contents. Hope everything's fine 👍

Just when I thought 2021 might be off to a good start... 😭

So sorry about this mate. I've learned a lot from you and will really miss you - I hope you come back sometime in the future. You've really given a lot here and I've seen you help people again and again and it's a real shame for Vibe to lose that. But obviously, if you're getting abuse, you need to step back from it and make sure you're okay - it's not worth it.

Also, really want to wish you the very best outside of FMM, hope you recover as quickly as possible and get things back on track. Sounds like 2020 was especially rough for you and I hope 2021 brings much better things for you.

Hope things get better for you mate. I have never ventured into the areas where you invest your time in but I understand your concerns and leeches are everywhere but they are unacceptable.

Hope you come back soon and wishing you all the good luck for a better year. 

I’m really sorry about this mate. I’m honestly never really went much into where you’re lurking around the most but I’ve seen you helped so many people about all the Hex Editing issues. It’s such a huge loss to lose someone like you in the Vibe.

I’ve never encountered anyone like the fourth just yet but it really sounds terrible and I really hope you’ll get through this. Wish you for a better year. I really hope you’ll come back as soon as possible.

From a fellow 6-year lurker, sorry to see you go. Hopefully this is a wake up call for those never-do-wells to cease whatever they have been doing. You deserve the time off, hope to see you back.

Awful to read all that, mate - i think you've let the Vibe stuff get to you more than it should, but that sounds understandable in the circumstances (where what should have been light relief from your other troubles was actually becoming another trouble).

It will get better. Maybe not with FMM, although we'll love to see you back, but I'm sure you'll find something else to fill your time with pleasure. Wish you all the best.

Huh, so my account hasn't gone yet? Oh well...

Though I won't change my decision, but thanks guys, for the support. 2020 has been downright horrible, I'll do my best to recover from it this year.

That being said, while I stumbled on this page again (out of habit), I've already received yet another (same) request - from one same guy, even though I've politely turn him down days ago. And a Level 0 follower that joined on Monday too, possibly another lurker. That pretty much proved my point.

Screenshot_2021-01-06-18-10-58-819_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
Add screenshot. A request for FMM20 🙄

By all means quit for personal and health reasons. That’s real life and I hope you come to full health and happiness.  Don’t get so emotional and dramatic about the bellends on here though. Ignore them. They don’t matter.