Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries Bruno's Party

Scratch

Well this is embarrasing! I finished this a few days back, but forgot to write it up and then wondered why I hadn't gotten a badge for it... All, I can say is that it was a big New Year's!

Anyway, here is my attempt at Badge 5 of the Badges of Honor series. This one is Bruno's New Year's Party (by @RichD) and the idea is to score as many goals (1 point) and assists (2 points) for Bruno Fernandez at Man Utd, over the course of a season. The minimum required for the Leaderboard is 25 goals and 15 assists.

Transfers

Spoiler

bruno-a1-16.jpg.1174f571931148fb689ace51e2d50242.jpg

bruno-a1-17.jpg.a0d0577fc234e92d1bfc122b372f6b69.jpg

I had player exchanges here, so you get the full (unsorted view). I tried to not make too many changes, but ended up making more than I planned, especially improving midfield. 

Tactics

I went with a tactic I've used before with some of the other challenges - most of the goals/assists go through the TM/T combination:

bruno-a1-06.jpg.49a77f20aa4725659415029b12083049.jpg

Results

Not a bad year, but could have been better:

bruno-a1-14.jpg.8dfffe782c199dee3b4ac48551b1881b.jpg

Ended on a sour note with Man City beating us in the CL final after Bruno got sent off...

bruno-a1-13.jpg.3fa185f40423fb92d5a66b664d602779.jpg

Injuries

Not even one! Bruno has the Very Rarely Injured message and he lived up to that.

The Man

bruno-a1-20.jpg.6b7431f1a4e58bafd1ac3a8419b1abf1.jpg

A force to be reckoned with. A nice upgrade on Crossing to help with the corners. I trained him as a RW although only played him there a couple of times.

Tallying Up

Player History:

Spoiler

bruno-a1-21.jpg.7abdaa956b4ffa47b1e0564a929795f8.jpg

But here's the summary which shows that Bruno and Lukaku scored all the goals between them:

bruno-a1-18.jpg.bfceaf6617373546775d5b840e5fe8f2.jpg

So 44 goals (44 points) plus 29 assists (58 points) = 102 points.

@RichD can you please add me to the leaderboard and @Rob can you please get me a badge? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Nice to see Greenwood languishing on the C string team for a change! Well done.

Haha, thanks.

I've never really used Greenwood before, but I actually quite liked the look of him and was thinking about using him more - but whenever Bruno was on the park, it was Lukaku right there with him. It's hard to go past him in this year's version. Enough in the air to score a few from corners, but great in all aspects.

When he was out then it was between Carillo who is one of my favourites this year, mostly to tutor the young strikers in Aerial (he got Greenwood up to 14), but 10 goals in 25 mostly off the bench shows he can probably cut it in his own right. Then Cavani is still sort of handy. So it was a bit crowded...😄

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Impressive score @Scratch! A very impressive looking formation too!

Thanks mate, although I only got about 60% of @Ian's score, so it was decent, but not great. 😄

18 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Great score mate, what a player the guy is!

Thanks mate - yeah, I'm wondering what he'd be like in some of the other challenges, might buy him more often now. 

Great effort Scratch, he’s a quality player to be fair to him, I love managing him and like yourself I may try bribing him in for other challenges now. Will add you to the leaderboard now 😁

26 minutes ago, RichD said:

Great effort Scratch, he’s a quality player to be fair to him, I love managing him and like yourself I may try bribing him in for other challenges now. Will add you to the leaderboard now 😁

Thanks mate - this was definitely a fun one, even though I'm not a Man Utd fan at all... 😄

added 0 minutes later
15 minutes ago, Rob said:

Well done Scratch. I bet you try again.

Thanks mate. I thought about it, but I accidentally started my 5th attempt at the Jesus one! 😄

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Impressive!

Thanks mate, I was pretty happy with it, although I'm only one place above the relegation zone on the leaderboard! 🤣

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Nicely done mate, best club in the world, with the best player in the world 😍😂

Thanks mate, I will concede he's top 20 in the world, not sure about the club part though! :P  Just jokes, I enjoyed this one a lot!

Great score, pal. Wish I has signed Lukaku for mine, instead of Haaland. Ah well. Won't be attempting it again so it is what it is. 😁

2 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Fantastic score @Scratch.

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Great score, pal. Wish I has signed Lukaku for mine, instead of Haaland. Ah well. Won't be attempting it again so it is what it is. 😁

Yeah, Lukaku is just great, sign him in most of my careers. Tried Haaland a couple of times, but mixed results, I think just because he is young, so first season is a bit inconsistent, 

Im trying this again. But with a different approach. Bruno doesnt get that many assists for me in the center. I tried DLP behind him BBM everyone assists, exept him lol so trying him on the right and passing focus solely right side. 

Transfers may be a suprise to most as i rarly see these players signed. I hope to beat atleast 100 points this time around 3rd time lucky. Took me an hour to think of the set up and team 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210104-152841_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152849_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152859_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152907_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152916_FM21 Mobile.jpg

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Well done Scratch. The badge collected. A fine player he is.

Thanks mate, bit short of your total though! 🤣 That was truly impressive! Makes me want to give this another go. 🙂

8 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Im trying this again. But with a different approach. Bruno doesnt get that many assists for me in the center. I tried DLP behind him BBM everyone assists, exept him lol so trying him on the right and passing focus solely right side. 

Transfers may be a suprise to most as i rarly see these players signed. I hope to beat atleast 100 points this time around 3rd time lucky. Took me an hour to think of the set up and team 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210104-152841_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152849_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152859_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152907_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-152916_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Wow, that's an impressive team you've put together. I like a lot of those players! Hope that tactic works well for you. 🙂