Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2021 Vibe Premier League

Welcome to the 2021 Vibe Premier League.

This is the fourth edition of the always exciting tournament that pits some of the best FMM players around against each other week in week out with the end goal of becoming the champion. Last year this tournament was won by @Ian in what was an extremely successful year for him with winning the Challenge Cup as well.

If you want to recap what went down in full last year then you can do so here.

I will be hosting again this year with help from @FuddledFox and thanks must go to him for getting all of the participants together this year. We have 6 debutants taking part which is always good to see, 3 people who have experienced this event at some point before and 1 ever-present in the shape of @Woody.

Here are the 10 people who will battling it out for glory over the next couple of months:

——-

——-

Format

As the format of this competition always seems to go down well every year I have no intention of making any large-scale changes but there are a couple of minor ones.

Firstly you will notice that there are 10 participants this year instead of 8. This means the VPL will be seeing the reintroduction of elimination. So, the season will be 9 weeks of H2Hs between the participants however after 5 weeks, the bottom 2 in the league will be eliminated from the competition leaving the remaining 8 to battle it out for the playoff places.

The other adjustment sees the slight tweaking of the playoffs giving an advantage to those who finish higher up the table. It will work as follows.

• 1st Place in Regular Season - Will qualify straight through to the final.
  • 2nd Place - Will qualify straight through to the semi final.
  • 3rd + 4th Place - Will qualify for the quarter final. The winner of this match will face 2nd place, and then the winner of that will face 1st place for the title.

Points System

The unique "real football" score system will remain in place. When all the results come in for each week, I'll divide them into 5 separate categories, 1st + 2nd, 3rd + 4th, 5th + 6th, 7th + 8th and 9th + 10th. The top two points scorers in the round will be awarded 4 points (or goals for the purpose of the matchup) and someone in the lowest category (9th or 10th) will score 0 goals. So, If the highest scorer played the lowest scorer in a round then the higher scorer would win the H2H 4-0. If the two managers facing off against each other were the two lowest scorers then it'd be a 0-0 draw and both would get a point each.

The highest scorer in the round will earn a bonus point in the league, with the lowest scoring having a point deducted from their total. Any confusion over this as it's quite hard to explain just take a glance through last year's competition, or have a look inside the spoiler for an example.

Spoiler

These are the results from the first week of the 2018 competition, which also had 10 competitors.

Fixtures:

• Mr Manager v FuddledFox
  • Real_Random v kts365
  • Woody v BatiGoal
  • Prize v Titjes
  • samhardy v Taff

Scores from the challenge:

• Taff - 246
  • samhardy - 245
  • FuddledFox - 244
  • Real_Random - 240
  • PriZe - 234
  • kts365 - 185
  • Titjes - 164
  • Mr.Manager - 158
  • BatiGoal - 150
  • Woody - 111

So, as stated above the spoiler, for the purposes of the matchup the top two in the leaderboard score 4 goals, 3rd and 4th 3, 5th and 6th 2, 7th and 8th 1 and the bottom two don’t score. Therefore the results of the H2Hs that week were as follows:

• Mr Manager 1-3 FuddledFox
  • Real_Random 3-2 kts365
  • Woody 0-0 BatiGoal
  • PriZe 2-1 Titjes
  • samhardy 4-4 Taff

Taff earned a bonus point in the league for having the highest weekly score, with Woody losing a point.

Plan

I will be posting the fixtures for the first 5 weeks of the competition tomorrow and then the first challenge will be out on Wednesday.

Foxy will be providing graphics throughout the event and also I believe some expert analysis will be coming before we get underway and during the season.

Good luck to everyone taking part and I hope you all enjoy it whether you are participating or simply following along.

First time taking part in this, done a couple of community events but never get that far. Hoping that would change, but looking at who else is involved im seriously doubting it. 

Should be a good crack anyway!

A good mix of new and established players, this will be interesting. I don't know how it's gonna roll out but I already have a target: not get eliminated after the first 5 weeks 😁

If I finish 9th I'll be happy, nobody remembers second last and Id like it to stay that way 😂

Jokes aside, good luck everyone, its a strong lineup, @Ianhas to be odds on favourite, but will he crack under the pressure? 😬

Look forward to pitting against the best. Here for the W until I can’t win then it’s all about the taking part😄

Edited by ScottishFMM
16 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

If I finish 9th I'll be happy, nobody remembers second last and Id like it to stay that way 😂

Jokes aside, good luck everyone, its a strong lineup, @Ianhas to be odds on favourite, but will he crack under the pressure? 😬

I'm sure that one of the newcomers will be on top at the end and I'm waiting some official odds from @FuddledFox

17 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

Look forward to pitting against the best. Here for the W until I can’t win then it’s all about the taking part😄

With this line, you are my favorite... to get 10th place 😂

Haven’t played anything and I’m already 2nd? Nobody stand a chance this time. No messing around from me.

Good luck to everyone participating and I’m very interested to go against everyone.

Happy to be taking part again this year as it’s always a great event.

I don’t hold out much hope for myself as I haven’t played much so far this year but I’ll try my best and enjoy it.

For anyone new to this I’m going to give you a tip and I will only do this once. When the weekly challenge gets posted; read it again and again until you’re absolutely sure of the clarifications and if you’re still not then don’t be afraid to ask the creator. 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

For anyone new to this I’m going to give you a tip and I will only do this once. When the weekly challenge gets posted; read it again and again until you’re absolutely sure of the clarifications and if you’re still not then don’t be afraid to ask the creator. 

I’m going to have to do this bit a lot, I have a tendency to miss things 😂

1590512153_photo17-02-2020174807.thumb.jpg.5de763c35853ff24b1f9c9f0866dbac9.jpg

The odds compilers at Foxy HQ have been busy studying the form and crunching the numbers to bring you the best odds on this years VPL. We also have a tempting special for you at the end of the odds which is sure to get you opening your wallets and spaffing your cash straight into my furry pocket.

Lets start with the favourites.

We will see a lot of new names competing this year but the bookies are looking at the experienced heads to come out on top and the odds reflect that. As last years champion @Ian is unsurprisingly the favourite and is priced at 4/6 to lift the trophy again. The Parmo Army could be tempted by second favourite @smoggy90 who comes in at 7/2 and he is followed in the betting by @Woody and @Kanegan both a 6/1 to make there experience of these events count.

Perhaps you are looking at some of the new names though and wondering if there’s any value.

Two names have come to the bookies attention as they currently hack there way round Augusta and that is the Romanian Rascal @George Traistă who is priced at a tempting 8/1 and the Carmarthen Colossus @RichD who starts at 10/1. 

If you are looking for a true dark horse to back though then look no further than the sandwich section in Sainsbury’s where you will find a Chicken Sandwich that might just tempt you to part with some cash. You can get a mouthwatering 16/1 on @broodje kip to lift the title.

We now come to the real outsiders and these are the guys the bookies expect to be fighting elimination in the first 5 weeks. At the moment @Aaron Thornton and @Jsavfc can’t be separated at 18/1 and then you can get 25/1 on @ScottishFMM to take home the prize. These lads don’t yet have the pedigree to be considered contenders but I strong first week and there odds could be slashed so if you fancy one of them then now could be the time to put your money where your mouth is.

Prices in Full

• Ian 4/6
  • Smog 7/2
  • Woody 6/1
  • Kane 6/1
  • George 8/1
  • Rich 10/1
  • Sandwich 16/1
  • Villa 18/1
  • Aaron 18/1
  • Scottish 25/1

Foxy’s Special

Each week I like to bring you something a little different to bet on and this week I can offer you odds of 4/1 on @broodje kip failing to read the instructions correctly on a challenge and scoring a zero in the first 5 weeks of the event.

17 minutes ago, RichD said:

Love how you got my hometown right Foxy! 

I’m sticking 5er on @ScottishFMM! And also my life savings on @broodje kip not reading things correctly 😂

I googled “love child of Clare Balding and Steve Bruce” and it said you lived in Carmarthen. So that’s 5p on Scottish and 16p on Broodje to shot himself in the foot?

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I googled “love child of Clare Balding and Steve Bruce” and it said you lived in Carmarthen. So that’s 5p on Scottish and 16p on Broodje to shot himself in the foot?

6470FCC8-0682-4CC0-B5B7-4A74A4BBD376.jpeg.c3f12649253abb3e5fe2366e2c5f6d30.jpeg

Is this what you found?

I didn’t just take 5 mins making this 👀😂

Fixtures - Weeks 1-5

The graphic designers have been hard at work meaning I can now reveal the fixture list for the first 5 weeks of this year’s VPL.

Week 1

Spoiler

image.png.04636fd3a0f6ce43dc780c4c0e086338.png

Week 2

Spoiler

image.png.0d3d57952bd4f086df41611dee075e54.png

Week 3

Spoiler

image.png.dc08706394212dec5b28e44ee7943fce.png

Week 4

Spoiler

image.png.251fe7e038c0267ab5602442970a83b4.png