Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

31 minutes ago, Woody said:

Oops 😉

Yeah, things didn’t go so well. I was surprised I got so far without getting the sack tbh. They expected promotion I think and we’d started terribly but even at mid December time they were still delighted with me even though we never left bottom of the league. I thought it might be a bug but then it started and they were disappointed in me and it seemed like it was just a matter of time. The odd win here and there seemed to keep me going and I thought we’d scrape through to the end of the season but once we were officially relegated they decided my time was up. Not sure what the point was with just one game left but never mind lol.

I also feel I found 3 really good players for the level I was at. These three guys literally pushed me through this challenge and stopped me from getting the sack quite early on after a poor start. 

1761216116_Screenshot_20210123-234802_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.2e277c0c415b414530f4551913965e87.jpg

1124223660_Screenshot_20210123-234813_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.0f9a1e13d2aaccd933714855f2eee92e.jpg

1500343216_Screenshot_20210123-234736_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.e4527796978445a55e4399bd66e44ea2.jpg

2066987548_Screenshot_20210123-234743_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.b861b0ca1c6f8a3c3975f6a21c0875c8.jpg

And the best of the three;

1254925336_Screenshot_20210123-234703_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.4e982f0083a235c0f2c15f74d191dcfc.jpg

21949465_Screenshot_20210123-234711_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.3e06acda278ea26291909ee8b1680a6e.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Might not be my best performance for GD, but a positive one all the least. 

1633317680_Screenshot_20210121-125520_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.d6c543d26f3bec41d3bd22db88142d1e.jpg

Great amount of goals. We have the same number of W and D but you have almost double the goals, we'll done! 

I knew you would do well as long as you got Danny Loader, cool player! 

I was extremely lucky to survive the season as I got the sack after the last game of the season.

Well done @broodje kip on your victory. 

The closeness of my games is getting on my nerves. First the draw with @Jsavfc and now the 3 point defeat.

@George Traistă either you win by 10+ points next week or you lose by 10+ points. Nothing else is acceptable.😁

17 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

I was extremely lucky to survive the season as I got the sack after the last game of the season.

The closeness of my games is getting on my nerves. First the draw with @Jsavfc and now the 3 point defeat.

@George Traistă either you win by 10+ points next week or you lose by 10+ points. Nothing else is acceptable.😁

My form were quite good towards the end but lost the play-off initially but the board decided to keep their faith in me 😂

6 hours ago, Kanegan said:

tumblr_nzzlvr0nFj1saqgydo2_500.gif

2129901281_photo17-02-2020174807.thumb.jpg.35d6c3836ef210d1959b4390733b9ba0.jpg 

Week 2 saw a tough challenge and a few sackings but it has certainly made the table start to take shape as we only had one draw in the 5 matches. There are now only three more challenges before two players are eliminated from the competition so it’s all to play for this week.

Here is a reminder of the fixtures.

1079110970_fixtureswk3.thumb.png.6381fece777bd81f1fb7286e592fe821.png

@Aaron Thornton v @Ian

Neither of these competitors have made the best start to the competition with Aaron losing both games and Ian having a draw and a win so far. They will both be looking nervously at the the prospect of being eliminated at the end of week 5 and so they will be desperate to get the win this week. We make Ian the favourite to kick start his defence of his title and add more misery onto Aaron.

Aaron Thornton - 2/1

Ian - 2/5

@smoggy90 v @Jsavfc

These two are both right in the playoff mix after two challenges and a win here would start to cement one of there places in the top 4. They have both had a win and a draw so far and it’s quite possible that we will see another draw but we do make Smoggy favourite for this match.

Smoggy90 - 8/15

JSavfc - 6/4

@RichD v @Woody

This is another battle between two competitors that are currently in the playoff places. Woody had the top score last season and sees himself top of the league and much like King Kev all those years ago he would “love it” if he beat his fellow Mag fan. The bookies can’t separate these two and firmly think it will be a draw but I don’t necessarily agree and I think there will be a winner one way or the other with Woody my pick to be victorious.

RichD - 10/11

Woody - 10/11

@ScottishFMM v @broodje kip

ScottishFMM was a no show in week 2 and a repeat this week will see him become the first person eliminated from the competition. Broodje is one of six people so far who have drawn one and won one so far and as such is looking like he will mount a challenge for a spot in the playoffs. The bookies hope this won’t be a walk over because of another no show but either way they make Broodje Kip solid favourite for this match.

ScottishFMM - 6/1

Broodje Kip - 1/12

@George Traistă v @Kanegan

Kanegan is currently sitting 7th on 1 point and he will want to get himself his first win this week to get himself away from the elimination zone and into the playoff picture. George is another with one win and one draw and he will be confident that he can add a second win to his record this week and the bookies agree.

George Traista - 8/13

Kanegan - 13/10

As usual we really want to prise some extra money out of your wallets and as such we can offer you some spicy specials to really whet your appetite.

Woody to win the league stage - 9/2

Aaron to qualify for the playoffs - 25/1

A 0 to be scored this week - Evens as the bookies taking no chances in case it’s another no show from ScottishFMM

Woody to submit last - 10/11

The challenge is being posted by @samhardy tomorrow and I wish you all good luck.

Just now, RichD said:

Nice post @FuddledFox!

Looking forward to going up against my fellow toon fan @Woody

I would say I’m looking forward to hearing what the challenge is, but I’m not...

I'm looking forward to see the challenge

After almost one week of not playing the game, I just hope I will be up for the challenge and grant @Kanegan wish to beat him with 10+ points 🤣

6 minutes ago, RichD said:

Nice post @FuddledFox!

Looking forward to going up against my fellow toon fan @Woody

I would say I’m looking forward to hearing what the challenge is, but I’m not...

I think this will be my toughest week so far mate.

Week 3 Challenge - Blunt Blades

Week 3 is about to commence and with the table beginning to take shape let’s take a look at the fixtures that will entertain us over the next few days.

image.png.3418fa3756baf222982474dd0610da6c.png

Last week was a very difficult challenge and as much as you all loved it I’m sure you’ll be delighted to hear I’ve been a lot kinder this week and genuinely think this shorter one is a challenge that you will all enjoy playing.

EB0FAE6A-521A-442E-B4F8-FAEC9D754C22.thumb.jpeg.71a1ebc05329a94e00c24acdaeb6f0fd.jpeg

After impressing in their first season back in the top flight since 2007 finishing 9th in the table it has been a different story for Sheffield United this season, not only dropping off but imploding to last place with only 1 win in 19 games, and even that was against Newcastle. They are already certainties for relegation and have their sights set on next season in the Championship but that isn’t the case on FMM as you will get to start the 2020/21 season from scratch as I’m sure Chris Wilder goes to bed dreaming about every night.

In the Sheffield United squad you will find this man.

image.thumb.jpeg.21eca2b9898b01fcc5f52a23116e4a87.jpeg

Billy Louis Sharp is a club legend at the South Yorkshire club, scoring over 100 league goals for them in 250 appearances over 3 spells at the club. Sadly for Billy though his game time is fairly limited these days after the big money signing of Rhian Brewster from Liverpool in the summer, and it’s understandable that he can’t get a game given Brewster’s prolific record of 0 goals in 15 league appearances, 2 less than what Sharp has managed in less than half of the game time.

The Challenge

This is a half season challenge and will end when you have played every other team in the Premier League once. In its simplest possible terms you will be trying to get Billy Sharp to score a goal against as many of these opponents as possible.

All of the 19 teams you will come up against have been allocated a number of points and if Sharp scores against a team (in a league match) you will score that amount of points. These points are based on the average league position of all the teams in the Premier League over this season and last season.

5 PTS - Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool

4 PTS - Leicester, Tottenham, Chelsea

3 PTS - Everton, Arsenal, Southampton, Wolves, West Ham

2 PTS - Aston Villa, Burnley, Leeds, Crystal Palace, Newcastle

1 PT - Brighton, Fulham, West Brom

It isn’t points per goal so as soon as Sharp scores against a team you will earn the points that team has to offer. Also, if you get a clean sheet in that match as well you will double your points from that game so this challenge tests both your pedigree going forward and keeping it tight at the back.

For example if you beat Leicester 2-0 with Sharp getting on the scoresheet that’ll be 8 points from that game. If he scores and you win 4-1 that’ll earn you 4 points.

You will not be allowed to make any transfers in for this challenge but you may sell who you want.

Cup matches do not count towards these points but there are bonus points available for cup matches which I will go into now.

As stated above plus to keep interest in the cup matches you will earn a point for every game you win in the cup and a point for every goal Sharp scores in them.

If you get sacked this week then to be honest you are shit at the game and will receive a well deserved 0.

Clarifications

• You will be managing Sheffield United and using Billy Sharp as the striker for the challenge.
  • No transfers in are allowed at all. This includes loans.
  • Sharp only needs to score once against the team to earn the amount of points allocated to them. It is not points per goal and there are no bonus points for braces or hat-tricks.
  • If you get a clean sheet in a game Sharp scores in points from that game will be doubled.
  • You will get a point per cup match won and per Sharp goal in the cups.
  • The challenge lasts until you have played every team in the Premier League once.
  • Original database only and you can load whichever leagues you want.
  • Coaching badges and any reputation is allowed.
  • No cheating, reloading, holidaying or use of unlockables whatsoever.
  • You may only attempt this challenge once and as soon as you have started the save you can’t restart.
  • If asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so could result in expulsion from the tournament.
  • Tiebreaker will be most wins in all competitions again like last week.

Screenshots Required

Please send the following screenshots to me in the thread you have used so far this tournament. I might ask for extras if needed.

• Sharp profile on the day of the first game and at the end of the 19 league games
  • Sharp history at end of 19 league games
  • Manager profile and history
  • League table
  • Games Sharp scores in
  • Cup games
  • Transfer history
  • Squad list in order of appearances.

Deadline - Friday 29th January 11:59PM GMT

This sounds a bit easier than last week but I bet I’ll do worse at this one, not even sure what his stats look like 🤔

Looking forward to this one! Cheers Sammy.

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

If you get sacked this week then to be honest you are shit at the game and will receive a well deserved 0.

I’ll try my best to avoid it 😂

Trying to think which way to go here. Sharp up top on his own, or next to a TM/DLF for the knock ons. 

Also clean sheets are concerning me, never played for defence before - usually just go for goals and out score the opposition 😅