• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, Rob said:

My hero x

Thank you Robert.

You might be a bit young for this but have you ever played the game 'My Hero'?

Spoiler

images.jpeg.c92b33c51fe67e76e65babd67d14a6f2.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Woody said:

Thank you Robert.

Hide contents

Sadly not. Is it good? And could it be the basis for the next challenge in the VPL?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Sadly not. Is it good? And could it be the basis for the next challenge in the VPL?

Not sure on the next challenge as i am not privvy to such sensitive information.

On the game front. It was one of my fave games on the Master System. Shinobi, Action Fighter and The Ninja were also my favourites.

Edited by Woody
3 hours ago, Woody said:

Thank you Robert.

Hide contents

I’m not aware of that particular game but seeing the case there in the master system style with the squares certainly brings back a few memories. We had N.E.S. But a mate had the MS and I ended up getting the portable Game Gear console which was a great little system. 

49 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’m not aware of that particular game but seeing the case there in the master system style with the squares certainly brings back a few memories. We had N.E.S. But a mate had the MS and I ended up getting the portable Game Gear console which was a great little system. 

The game gear was brilliant. Many hours playing Altered Beast on that.

Vibe Premier League 2021, Week 4 Results

The time has arrived to reveal the latest set of results and this was certainly an interesting challenge this week. With just goal difference being used for points it’s difficult to do an exciting results post but I’ll try my best :P

image.png.8df9f7f89493e5b0ed78459bee86cf5a.png

@Jsavfc v @George Traistă

There was nothing between these two before this challenge with a win, draw and loss each from their first three games and wouldn’t you just know it that continued as they faced off here. Literally nothing between them. George scored 53 goals whilst conceding 27 to give him a total of 26 and Villa matched this total scoring 47 and conceding 21.

I’m sure this isn’t the first time this season Villa has had an identical score to his opponent although I might be remembering wrongly, but just because their scores are the same doesn’t necessarily mean a draw in this format - that’s why we have the tie-breakers and this week the tiebreak favoured Villa with one solitary extra win in the league.

BUT... There was no need for me to write any of that last paragraph as the way the scores came in this finished rather predictably in a draw. On first glance for both of these it may be seen as two points dropped and whilst that might still be the case, the point they both earned from this game is enough to ensure they will be safe from elimination and continuing on past week 5 in this year’s VPL.

That is because despite having a slim chance of survival going into the penultimate week before elimination @Aaron Thornton’s fate was unfortunately sealed this week with yet another disaster. This has turned into a nightmare campaign possibly even surpassing that of @DutchTony‘s from a few years ago for Aaron. He lost 10 of his 24 league games shipping 41 goals in the process and secured the first minus score of the VPL this year. To directly quote from his submission “Even Big Sam can’t save him now” and he’s right, Aaron will be eliminated from the competition but still has one last chance to secure a win in week 5 in what will be his last week.

That loss was a major gain for @broodje kip though who is turning into the form horse here picking up his third win on the bounce. He didn’t even have to do much other than turn up to be honest with a low goal difference of 9. He scored 32 and conceded 23 and a score of 9 wouldn’t usually and probably shouldn’t have been enough but there was a score between his and Aaron’s and Broodje won’t be complaining as he continues his assault up the table and will be optimistic of his chances of finishing in the top 4.

Onto what promised to be the game of the week now between the current champion @Ian and table topping @smoggy90. Black Cat Betting offered odds of 9/2 (good price) for these two to have the top two scores this week and... you should have taken it! Ian is showing real ominous signs now of being the man to beat again after a below par start to the campaign and once again it was his immaculate defensive record that was to thank for this score. Just 15 goals conceded meant he was always going to have a chance to post high numbers and 46 scored set a target to beat for not just Smog but everyone of 31.

Smog was more than up for the fight though losing just 2 of his 24 league games. He smashed in 55 goals in those matches as well which gave him a chance of the highest score this week but the man who started the week at the top of the table had to settle for a point as his team conceded 26 to fall short of Ian by 2 points. Great match between these two as expected which ends in a thrilling draw with Smog staying unbeaten but it’s Ian who takes the bonus point this week and edges closer to the playoff positions.

There’s only one match to save for last this week and just as I was getting prepared to send the scores to @FuddledFox (who made a discovery this week that Neapolis was actually the capital of the Roman empire, despite mainstream historians believing it to be Rome) @Woody steamed in with his results with less than 20 seconds until the deadline. This proved to be a crippler for @Kanegan who after last week’s heroics could only muster a score of just 7, scoring 35 and conceding 28 he was 19 seconds away from winning but went from that position to defeat with Woody’s submission.

He absolutely twatted in 59 goals in just 24 games so clearly had the firepower but gave back 42 due to a leaky defence. You will remember there was a score of 9 earlier though which splits these two meaning Woody absolutely shithouses a win in a way that the man the next challenge is based on would be proud of.

Final Scores

• Ian - 31
  • smoggy90 - 29
  • Jsavfc - 26*
  • George Traista - 26
  • Woody - 17
  • broodje kip - 9
  • Kanegan - 7
  • Aaron Thornton - -8

*Tie-break was most league wins

Results, Week 4

@Woody 1-0 @Kanegan

@Jsavfc 2-2 @George Traistă

@broodje kip 1-0 @Aaron Thornton

@Ian 3-3 @smoggy90

So well done to Woody and Broodje on their wins this week and to Ian for picking up the bonus point. Speaking of shithousery @Rich who has lost his D overnight has moved to the top of the table after a forfeit victory with broodje breathing down his neck. Smog and Woody make up the rest of the top 4 with the chasing pack of Ian, Villa, Kane and George ready to pounce on any mistake that those above them make. Aaron has been eliminated as it’s not possible for him to overtake anyone next week and will be playing for pride in week 5.

image.thumb.png.38fae3f712cd45f2b14674cf79e66b89.png

Well played @George Traistă I'm actually low key gutted I didn't get the win there 😂

I actually really enjoyed that challenge untill the last 8/9 games when my squad was rather small. Problem was my tactic meant the strikers scored the most, meaning I started with a shed load more players who can play as ST than anywhere else and the best players scored early on so they were unavailable for majority of this ha. 

@samhardy I'm pretty sure I got the exact same score as @Kanegan a few weeks back? 

Just now, Jsavfc said:

Well played @George Traistă I'm actually low key gutted I didn't get the win there 😂

I actually really enjoyed that challenge untill the last 8/9 games when my squad was rather small. Problem was my tactic meant the strikers scored the most, meaning I started with a shed load more players who can play as ST than anywhere else and the best players scored early on so they were unavailable for majority of this ha. 

@samhardy I'm pretty sure I got the exact same score as @Kanegan a few weeks back? 

I was chuffed to beat off competition and sign Sanogo, he scored twice in the first game and was demoted, never to be seen again 😂

I made the mistake of not signing enough strikers and ended up playing midfielders up front in the end. 

7 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

I was chuffed to beat off competition and sign Sanogo, he scored twice in the first game and was demoted, never to be seen again 😂

I made the mistake of not signing enough strikers and ended up playing midfielders up front in the end. 

I didn't face any competition signing Sanogo, but after a few games he was gone! 

My last few games had a LB and and CB playing up top 😂

Edited by Jsavfc

Told you @Jsavfc, I was afraid of you! Congrats.

I'm proud as is "mission accomplished" aka not get eliminated after week 5!

But gutted to know that I was every week on top half (3rd, 5th, 3rd and now 4th on tie) and still find myself on the bottom of the table 😪

@Rich & @broodje kip move down from the top!!

Well done all and @smoggy90 as there was nothing in that.

I got lucky in that I played the same system throughout and never had any real trouble in terms of running out of options. I think it was only the last two or three games where I had a couple of red players in the first team. We had our biggest win in those games with two centre backs playing as IF’s which I found quite ironic.

Top work fellas, including Sam for the write-up! Hard knocks Aaron but it's a tough competition, as can be seen by positions 5-8 in the current table - lots of quality there! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Top work fellas, including Sam for the write-up! Hard knocks Aaron but it's a tough competition, as can be seen by positions 5-8 in the current table - lots of quality there! 

Tough pill to swallow, but no effort equals no rewards in most cases, I've played so little of this game in the past two months and my 'strategy' for all weeks was just gung ho and hope for the best which in hindsight was extremely unsuccessful but 🤷‍♂️ one more week to get that W

Well done @Woody on outdoing yourself. I didn't  sign enough players by the 1st match so my problems started as in the last 3-4 games, I had to play players out of position and finished with just 12 players by 24th game.