Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

9 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Well done @Woody on outdoing yourself. I didn't  sign enough players by the 1st match so my problems started as in the last 3-4 games, I had to play players out of position and finished with just 12 players by 24th game. 

I had a winger with orange in the striker position for the last 2 games so i feel your pain.

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

I had a winger with orange in the striker position for the last 2 games so i feel your pain.

That’s pain you said? I have to play strikerless for the last few fames because I had none and I ended up with 0 natural AMC, AML and AMR.

I’m glad to announce that Black Cat Betting has today won Vibe’s Bookie of the Year for the 11th straight year* and what better way to celebrate than to bring you all the preview of week 5.

*Not an official award and voted for by myself only

944531212_fixtureswk5.thumb.png.f48ed31a1961ae4bfb9b2b1953d77b86.png

Remember @Woody will be receiving a forfeit win and has the week off this week so there will be no need for me to be on edge a minute before the deadline.

1/2 @Rich v @George Traistă 13/8

Rich was on the beach last week and managed to climb to the top of the table whilst doing so. That won’t bother him one bit mind as he is one of 3 people left to have an unbeaten record and he comes up against George who enters this week on the back of a hard-fought draw against Villa. George sits 8th in the table although as he said himself has been a little unfortunate since he has been posting solid scores most weeks but coming up against opponents bringing a high level of performance. You have to feel if that continues that the results will come eventually and I feel as though I keep tipping Rich to lose... It has to come true eventually. Especially now he’s half the man he used to be, in the username stakes that is.

Prediction: George to win and make Rich wishing he was still on the beach.

2/5 @Ian v @broodje kip 2/1

This is another big game although I suppose they all are at this stage of the tournament as form horse Broodje comes up against Ian who is getting onto a bit of a tasty run himself. Broodje will count himself a little fortunate to grab the win last week with a score of 9 and earn more points that Ian did for more than tripling his score, but that’s the way we roll in the Vibe Premier League. If the performance levels stay the same or even around a similar level than Ian won’t have any problem this week but Broodje is still unbeaten for a reason. We think his 0 will go this week but it will be tighter encounter than some will be expecting.

Prediction: Ian to win and climb into the playoffs for the first time this season.

6/4 @Kanegan v @smoggy90 8/15

Kane has been very inconsistent so far this season no better illustrated than in the last two weeks following up an explosive high score with a poor 7 in defeat to Woody. Smog meanwhile kept up his impressive start managing a draw in a high quality game with Ian. If Kane can get his A Game going you feel like he can beat anyone but the question is whether we will see that this week. It might be worth having a nibble on our very generous market of the high score of the week to come from this game at 4/1 as Smog is consistently at the right end of the weekly leaderboards and we saw what Kane can do a couple of weeks ago. The bookies are making Smog the favourite but we think the value is with a draw here, unfortunately for you though we don’t offer odds for draws so fucking pick someone.

Prediction: Draw

7/2 @Aaron Thornton v @JamesVilla 1/5

Well we have another name change going on in this fixture but what doesn’t change for Villa is the fact that similarly to George he seems to be posting good totals each week but not getting an awful lot of luck in his favour. He has a golden opportunity this week though to get 3 points on the board against Aaron who himself has one last chance to grab a win this season after being eliminated. We can’t see it though, let’s be honest I don’t think Aaron sees it happening himself but I’m sure he will have lots cheering him on this week as he seeks to end his torrid campaign on a high.

Prediction: Villa to win.

Now get a load of these specials.

• Woody to play the challenge not realising he has a free week - 10/11
  • Rich to add the D back to his name by this time next week - 5/1
  • Highest score to come from Kane v Smog match - 4/1
  • George to have a score in the weekly top half and not win - 7/2
  • @Mr Tree to enjoy this week’s challenge and want to have a go himself - 1/10

Talking of the challenge that looks a fun one to play and is based around a player I have no doubt 🌳 holds fond memories of it will be posted by @FuddledFox tomorrow.

Last week involved a lot of transfers so I thought I would give you all a week off from that and set a challenge that is much more simple to set up. Time will tell if it’s simpler to play as well.

Here is a reminder of who you play this week although @Woody has a walkover due to @ScottishFMM withdrawing from the competition.

944531212_fixtureswk5.thumb.png.f48ed31a1961ae4bfb9b2b1953d77b86.png

The term shithouse was bandied about a lot in this thread the last few days and you can barely move on social media without someone posting a video claiming it’s the peak of shithousery. Sometimes justifiably and other times not but as far as myself and Sam are concerned there is only one King of the Shithouses in English football and it’s a man I’m sure @Mr Tree knows well from his time at the 🐝🐝

I introduce you to former Preston, Brentford, Scumdon, Luton and Northampton midfielder Alan McCormack.

6FF28FDB-2E01-4CA0-A657-D07EB93D8D1E.jpeg.f467b9fde69aa1f6571d30b09352fbc9.jpeg

It is a special player that can both cause such fury in @samhardy as he did when Luton faced Sunderland a couple of seasons ago but also gain the admiration of him as well. Last season he helped Northampton gain promotion from League 2 bossing the midfield and making “things” happen with his “chase that you c**t” style of passing despite being 36.

This season has been less successful for the great man though as he joined rejoined Southend but injury has meant he hasn’t played as much as he would like. The Shrimpers also currently sit 2nd from bottom of League 2 and are in a battle to survive the drop to the National League on the pitch and financial ruin off the pitch.

The Challenge

You will be taking over at Southend United in Sky Bet League 2 and without making any transfers you will be looking to do as well as you can, simple as that. There is also plenty of bonus points available if you can get the best (and worst) out of McCormack and make him your main man during the season as well

Here are the rules and clarifications.

• Take over at Southend Utd in English League 2.
  • You cannot make any signings what so ever in either the Summer or Winter transfer windows but you can sell whoever you want.
  • Play the full season but not the play offs if you qualify for them.
  • No coaching badge is allowed at any point in the season (eg no exams) and you must have unknown reputation.
  • If you are sacked you score a 0.
  • No unlockables.
  • Tiebreak is most wins in all competitions.
  • No edited databases, IGE, reloading or cheating in any way. If we ask for the save file you must provide it other wise you will score a 0 and could be eliminated from the competition.
  • Screenshots must be sent to Sam in the PM thread you already have with him.
  • Any questions then just ask.
  • Have fun.

You will get the following points based on team performance. These points will be based on your manager profiles list of wins, draws and loses not your fixture list.

• 3 points for a win in all competitions.
  • 1 point for a draw in all competitions.
  • -3 points for a loss in all competitions.
  • 1pt for a clean sheet in all competitions.

You will also get bonus points based on Alan McCormacks contributions.

• 1 point for every other appearance in all competitions.
  • 2 points per goal in all competitions.
  • 2 points per assist in all competitions.
  • 1 point per yellow card in all competitions.
  • 2 points per red card in all competitions.

Screenshots Required

• Transfer history at the end of the season.
  • McCormack profile and history at the end of the season.
  • League Table.
  • Games you are eliminated in the cups.
  • All games you keep a clean sheet in.
  • Manager Profile and history.

Deadline: Monday 15th February 2021 @ 8pm UK Time

excellent!! besides the obvious, Southend has a place in my heart too, so it's sad to see where they are and good to get a chance to lift them from the mire. i think they've got some decent young players too (not that i follow it too closely).

as for Alan Mac, yep, a legend - we probably had the "best" of him, but i'm not surprised at all that he's continued into his late 30's.

this is an all-time great photo, after our promotion from League One was confirmed:

alanmac.jpg.04e1ffb89b437acffa94eb41ebe362d5.jpg

and he also has the prestigious honour of one of the few Brentford goal gifs out there:

142749566_almcgif.gif.9ad71348b7bd68874c2708980b417f5c.gif

so yes, you've got me - very tempted to give it a go, although i'd like to get the bloody Truro job sorted on my other career first! :D

31 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

As a protest I will quit at the end of the season 😂

Screenshot_20210210_162730_com.sega.score.jpg

I got that too and they expect promotion, im nervous 😕

Edited by Aaron Thornton
1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

These are not my type of challenges, I like to sign my own players, so you may be in with a decent chance of a win here. 

1 minute ago, JamesVilla said:

These are not my type of challenges, I like to sign my own players, so you may be in with a decent chance of a win here. 

Not getting my hopes up mate... well i am a little after you said that but still, promotion with this group of players is going to be a tough ask

43 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Yep, is a bad squad and the reputation is not helping on that matter. 

Edited by George Traistă
1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

Someone will get sacked this week, and how things goes that someone can be me 🙃

Thats weird.....i was thinking the same thing 😉