Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

It’s time to reveal the challenge for the penultimate week of the VPL season. Before that though here is a quick reminder of this week’s fixtures in which every game has lots riding on it.

image.png.180d44b4f2a5d9393035ec3345991e27.png

Last week saw a very high scoring challenge which infuriated the challenge creation department and immediate action has been taken and a much lower scoring round is on the cards this time.

One Man Team

This is an expression used a lot in football where a team is so heavily reliant on one player that when he is unavailable everything starts to fall apart. Obviously it isn’t a good thing to be so dependent on one individual but for you this week it will have to be as how well you do will be mainly down to the success of one single player.

Club

You have the choice of managing in the top flight one of Portugal or Holland - both of which have 34 game league seasons. From there you have the choice of 4 clubs to use this week which are the bottom two from each league as I write this challenge. Therefore the choice of clubs are as follows:

• Famalicao
  • ADO Den Haag
  • Maritimo
  • FC Emmen

You will be allowed to make as many transfers as you want to get the squad ready for the season and throughout the season as well but there is one restriction and that is that you can’t spend more money than what you make in sales. Free transfers are allowed, loans and player exchanges are forbidden.

The Main Man

You must choose a player to be your talisman for the season. This can be any player and he could start at the club or have been transferred in. But it is recommended that you pick someone who knows where the back of the net is!

That is because the points will be...

The number of goals your talisman scores in the league. MINUS the number of goals the team concede.

Therefore it is very possible to score negative points this week as if your player scores 30 and the team concede 34 throughout the season your final score will be -4.

However you do have the chance to stop losing points from every goal you concede. If your player scores 3 hat-tricks then from the next game onwards you will stop losing points from goals conceded and can only gain points from goals.

It is only league games that count for this challenge. Cup games don’t count for anything and you can play them if you wish or holiday them as they don’t mean anything.

Because you are a one man team you are not allowed to sign a backup to replace him and if your striker gets injured or is unavailable it will be damage limitations.

Clarifications

• You can manage one of Famalicao, ADO Den Haag, Maritimo or FC Emmen.
  • You can make transfers throughout the season but cannot spend more on transfers than what you bring in.
  • Free transfers are allowed, loan signings and player exchanges are not.
  • Your talisman doesn’t have to play or be natural in a specific position but it is recommend that he plays up front.
  • The talisman can either start at the club or be brought in.
  • Points = Talisman goals - team goals conceded (league only).
  • Cup games count for nothing.
  • You will stop losing points from goals conceded if your player scores three hat-tricks (in the league). The three hat-tricks must be in separate games.
  • If you get sacked your score will go down as -100 considering 0 might actually be a decent score this week :P
  • No backups are allowed. If the player is ever unavailable then you are in all out defensive mode.
  • No coaching badges and unknown reputation.
  • No unlockables, IGE, reloading or cheating in any way.
  • If asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so will result in possible elimination from the rest of the competition.
  • Send your results in the PM thread used throughout the VPL.

Screenshots Required

• Transfers in and out at the end of the season
  • League table
  • Striker profile and history
  • Manager profile
  • Games with hat-tricks

Deadline - Monday 15th March 11PM GMT

Good luck.

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

Nice sounding challenge, well I say nice, not sure if I mean that😂

Good luck @Ian, I’m sure you’ll smash this one!

Good luck yourself Richard. No doubt these teams are not going to be any of the better teams in the league. In fact, I wouldn’t mind betting they’re the two shittest.

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

So we are only allowed one striker in the team? 

You can have as many strikers as you want but obviously only one of them can be your points scoring player and if he can’t play then you can’t score any points from goals scored but you can lose them for goals conceded.

4 hours ago, George Traistă said:

Never played in Netherlands or Portugal so it's a first.

Bad luck @Kanegan!! 

We will see about that. Lightning can strike twice you know. 

13 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

@samhardy once my player scores 3 hat trick, do we still lose points from the goals conceded before the 3rd hat trick?

Yes. You only stop losing the points from the game after the 3rd hat-trick is scored.

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yes. You only stop losing the points from the game after the 3rd hat-trick is scored.

Shouldn’t we also take screenshot of the fixture list too. It’ll make it easier to see the amount of goals conceded before 3 hat tricks

53 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Shouldn’t we also take screenshot of the fixture list too. It’ll make it easier to see the amount of goals conceded before 3 hat tricks

Can do or the league table on the day of the game of the 3rd hat-trick.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I know you can’t bring in any players on loan but can you still use the ones that are already at the club on loan when you join?

I hope you are allowed as I've started the save and did play 4 or 5 games and used some of those players... 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

I know you can’t bring in any players on loan but can you still use the ones that are already at the club on loan when you join?

Yes. You just aren’t allowed to sign players on loan.

Just now, samhardy said:

Yes. You just aren’t allowed to sign players on loan.

Thank you Sam, I did think that but thought I better ask first.

I may well start tonight. 

11 minutes ago, Woody said:

Not saying anything 😉

I don’t believe that woody gets nightmares! Nightmares get Woody.

Anything I say with woody sounds dodgy 🤔

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I don’t believe that woody gets nightmares! Nightmares get Woody.

Anything I say with woody sounds dodgy 🤔

😂😂