Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

@Rob and @Stuttgartsteve I have nothing to admit.

1. I'm usually the first to send and it takes me one day to do it, this time was the first time when it took me more (2 days) because I had to create a 6 seasons save to substitute one player in my Ticket to Ride game, all the participant over there know what happened.

2. I always try to devise strategies to improve my play not just get players and tactics. I lost in the Italian Cup and Europa League on purpose so I don't face bigger teams that can affect my GD and had the change to get a schedule of one game every 7 days. Better schedule means you can use always the best players and they are fully fit. In January I bought 12 out of top 20 league goalscorers to weaken the teams and so they can't score against me. I didn’t sell my players to any of the Serie A teams so they don't get stronger. I myself labeled players as injury prone after a injury so they will get less game time and not get injuried further. 

3. Speaking about players, there are some great players to meet the criteria: Giroud, Huntelar, Sosa, Podolski, Falcao, Matic, Isco and so on... 

2 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

1. I'm usually the first to send and it takes me one day to do it, this time was the first time when it took me more (2 days) because I had to create a 6 seasons save to substitute one player in my Ticket to Ride game, all the participant over there know what happened.

2. I always try to devise strategies to improve my play not just get players and tactics. I lost in the Italian Cup and Europa League on purpose so I don't face bigger teams that can affect my GD and had the change to get a schedule of one game every 7 days. Better schedule means you can use always the best players and they are fully fit. In January I bought 12 out of top 20 league goalscorers to weaken the teams and so they can't score against me. I didn’t sell my players to any of the Serie A teams so they don't get stronger. I myself labeled players as injury prone after a injury so they will get less game time and not get injuried further. 

3. Speaking about players, there are some great players to meet the criteria: Giroud, Huntelar, Sosa, Podolski, Falcao, Matic, Isco and so on... 

So you are a full on liar. Absolutely pathetic. Vibe is better off without you.

33 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

You are fielding a team containing not one single player with more than 10 for either their pace or stamina in every single game. We aren’t talking about just one or two players here but a whole team.

I bow down to your superior greatness.

37 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Im pretty sure Isco doesnt fit the criteria on the November database!

Screenshot_2021-03-26-22-43-10.thumb.png.4bc910d030aab75f7b0c249c62848cd2.png

He has 10's on stamina and pace in the March update only..

Screenshot_2021-03-26-22-40-42.thumb.png.fd14b27473924dfd13339f10616d5652.png

I'm pretty sure the rules stated november database only!

20 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm pretty sure the rules stated november database only!

I didn't see that, fair play, @samhardy please get me down the bottom of the table for that. For anything other that that, to be called a liar and a cheater is too much... 

21 minutes ago, Stuttgartsteve said:

maybe this is the thought

You just took that out of context, well done! Not! 

I will do what @Rob told me to do, not because what he say but because this is straight up idiotic. I know what I did and how I play. I didn't reload, use unlockables or anything that break the rules, except the database thing that @Woody pointed out that is a mistake and I assume it.

It was a pleasure to be a part of Vibe, until now. @samhardy and @FuddledFox please delete my account. Good bye!

I wonder what strategy @broodje kipused to get a score 30 odd points higher? 

55 game unbeaten run in 61 games and two cup finals under these rules 😂

This challenge was created to use the game against itself, the game is designed for coaches and we all know how important the physical stats are. Until today this challenge had conquered all, we all expected sackings across the board them wham. 

Well I couldn't be part of this week due to my RL schedule but from the looks of it, everybody suffered except a couple of them. Though it looks suspicious, I would rather congratulate @George Traistă and @broodje kip for their efforts although as George admitted, he messed up in the database. 

Overall another fantastic event @samhardy and @FuddledFox and once again happy to be part of this although I struggled a lot this year. 

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

You are a good lad Broodje. Be honest. We all think fondly of you. 

No worries Rob, I don’t mind though I think you went a little harsh on George 😄

13 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

No worries Rob, I don’t mind though I think you went a little harsh on George 😄

I didn’t. His arrogance is abhorrent.

Both of your scores are horrendous. Going to admit to anything or are you going to continue to wreck any kind of credibility you have?

My thoughts for what it’s worth. 
When you’ve got experienced and quality FMM players like Ian, Woody and Rich registering minus points and getting sacked and others are going 55 games unbeaten, or winning leagues, or conceding less than a goal a game with defenders who physically are shot then you’ve got to be called out, i back up everyone else’s thoughts and comments. JamesVilla again a very good, honest score. 

In hindsight with my own approach I thought I may be able to sneak mid table at the start of the challenge. A few games in it became apparent it was a waiting game to be sacked. My mistake then was to not change my strategy to try and concede less, as I still continued to go out trying to win and my gd took a hammering. A lesson learned for me. 

Broodje and George, I think it’s worth bearing in mind people's efforts to create these events and the other players contributions to participate honestly and fairly. 

26 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

My mistake then was to not change my strategy to try and concede less, as I still continued to go out trying to win and my gd took a hammering. A lesson learned for me. 

That’s the interesting thing with a challenge like this. This might sound weird but this challenge is set up for you all to fail and that might sound sadistic but let me explain.

The point is it’s tough (perhaps impossible) and chances are most people will be sacked or maybe if someone was lucky they might have scrapped to the end of the season. That’s the test of the challenge though as it’s about damage limitation and who can handle that, take opportunities to score points when they can and ultimately be the person who keeps there head and fails the least.

As for the time we put in to these events I’m sure you can all appreciate that the excellent write ups @samhardy does don’t just happen instantly. I personally get a lot of enjoyment out of making challenges and trying to come up with ideas that hopefully make people think about the game in different ways or discover new players. That said better people than me have put a lot of hours into this site over the years only to become disillusioned because some of the things that have happened and that comes down to the fact they feel like there time is being disrespected.

Been thinking of what to say in here as I really do like you both @broodje kip and @George Traistă and I would love to think you got them scores fair but I just don’t see how anyone could get them scores or anywhere near that, so many people have tried and failed with this challenge, but to go that many games unbeaten or to win the league is not even possible in my eyes. No matter what I did, it wouldn’t change the fact that I was going to get sacked in this one. Not getting sacked would be HUGE on this one. I just think you need to admit to your errors. 

At the end of the day a lot of effort goes in to creating these events and a big thanks to @samhardy and @FuddledFox for that. 

Sorry for the late reply lads. I was busy moving stuffs to my new house. Honestly, I have no idea why we are making this a long argument. I respect all your decisions for thinking me and George cheating and I won’t blame anyone for that but I would like to say something about how some of us had been reacting that I think had gone overboard. I really look up to @Rob seriously. He helped me to settle in the website when I was still new and I really owe him for that. I just think to accuse someone in the way you (Rob) did was a little harsh. I know this challenge had bad past where most or all of the participants got sacked, I know the way George talks sometimes sounds rude and arrogant, I know how much he argued with members like Sam, Rob and Foxy but.... what if he really didn’t reload? What if he played properly and just realised about him using the March database today? Maybe it’s a lot better if we asked him properly about how he did get the score.

Another thing is about @Stuttgartsteve, I think you went really disrespectful in your 2nd day of posting in the Vibe. Yes, you’re a long time lurker but that doesn’t mean you can jump in between threads to say how everyone who did challenges in here “cheating”. The game script had been broken for years and 100+ goals with a single striker for example is surely doable. Just because you may not be able to achieve it please don’t accuse everyone for cheating. I’m sorry but it’s very disrespectful to me especially when you talked about it in my thread that has no relation to any challenges.

Enough of that. Here’s the truth about my score. So I was playing the first 2 months of the save a day after the challenge was posted. Then, I had a really busy preparing for my relocation so I decided to only play bigger games like Sassuolo, Cagliari, Juventus, etc. and cup games. I holidayed weaker teams that I think my players could easily beat. I know it’s cheating but I really want to complete the challenge and I don’t want to disappoint anyone especially @Rich who is going to go against me. I got Neuer in the goal which really helped me to keep the amount of goals conceded lower. I got Matic in DM and Giroud up top which also helped

Another thing is I might had chosen the March database by accident. I didn’t realise this until @JamesVilla appointed about how I own Giroud and Isco in my team when they start with 11+ pace and stamina. Then, I thought they just declined because the time I bought them, they are unfit.

I don’t mind deducting my points, kick me out of the competition or a warning points but I think something has to change in here. Maybe we can talk about the stuffs instead of accusing without any strong evidence. Apologies for all the chaos and I hope we can retain the happy atmosphere in the Vibe again.

Best regards,
Broodje

41 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

jump in between threads to say how everyone who did challenges in here “cheating”. The game script had been broken for years and 100+ goals with a single striker for example is surely doable.

but i did not say all challenges are cheating i said some careers and events seem cheaty l. i know people can get 100 goals as has always been possible since the game was champ man but sometimes people do the impossible and that to me seems like cheats. i think many people at vibe are genuine and i thought you were one of them but then this just all looks wrong to me and i was disappointed 

Just now, Stuttgartsteve said:

i thought you were one of them but then this just all looks wrong to me and i was disappointed 

I was never like this honestly. You just joined when I’m at my worst situation. You’d know how I’m an honest person if you had joined just a few weeks before. I’m sorry for all this 😁

31 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I was never like this honestly. You just joined when I’m at my worst situation. You’d know how I’m an honest person if you had joined just a few weeks before. I’m sorry for all this 😁

Hmm, not sure about this - a lot of us probably have a "one strike" policy on this sort of thing, because it really shouldn't enter anyone's head to be dishonest. You were given a couple of opportunities before finally making your confession. It's pretty poor and just so unnecessary - we all understand outside factors and if you wouldn't have time for it, just say it. Knowingly going against the rules and acting as if you didn't is poor.

George's looks much more like an honest mistake to me, and I'm sure Sam etc will be on the lookout for ways to check the database used in future to avoid this. 

A real pity anyway. Are we looking at an all-Toon final, all of a sudden?!

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Played with their shirts off in the freezing cold weather? Hopefully. If it is all Toon then I’m sure Sam will make the final a Sunderland challenge 😂

37 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Apparently I’d be playing in the QF due to points deduction from @samhardy. Woody will go straight to the Final now and Rich in the Semifinal. It looks very likely to happen I guess.

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Sorry for the late reply lads. I was busy moving stuffs to my new house. Honestly, I have no idea why we are making this a long argument. I respect all your decisions for thinking me and George cheating and I won’t blame anyone for that but I would like to say something about how some of us had been reacting that I think had gone overboard. I really look up to @Rob seriously. He helped me to settle in the website when I was still new and I really owe him for that. I just think to accuse someone in the way you (Rob) did was a little harsh. I know this challenge had bad past where most or all of the participants got sacked, I know the way George talks sometimes sounds rude and arrogant, I know how much he argued with members like Sam, Rob and Foxy but.... what if he really didn’t reload? What if he played properly and just realised about him using the March database today? Maybe it’s a lot better if we asked him properly about how he did get the score.

Another thing is about @Stuttgartsteve, I think you went really disrespectful in your 2nd day of posting in the Vibe. Yes, you’re a long time lurker but that doesn’t mean you can jump in between threads to say how everyone who did challenges in here “cheating”. The game script had been broken for years and 100+ goals with a single striker for example is surely doable. Just because you may not be able to achieve it please don’t accuse everyone for cheating. I’m sorry but it’s very disrespectful to me especially when you talked about it in my thread that has no relation to any challenges.

Enough of that. Here’s the truth about my score. So I was playing the first 2 months of the save a day after the challenge was posted. Then, I had a really busy preparing for my relocation so I decided to only play bigger games like Sassuolo, Cagliari, Juventus, etc. and cup games. I holidayed weaker teams that I think my players could easily beat. I know it’s cheating but I really want to complete the challenge and I don’t want to disappoint anyone especially @Rich who is going to go against me. I got Neuer in the goal which really helped me to keep the amount of goals conceded lower. I got Matic in DM and Giroud up top which also helped

Another thing is I might had chosen the March database by accident. I didn’t realise this until @JamesVilla appointed about how I own Giroud and Isco in my team when they start with 11+ pace and stamina. Then, I thought they just declined because the time I bought them, they are unfit.

I don’t mind deducting my points, kick me out of the competition or a warning points but I think something has to change in here. Maybe we can talk about the stuffs instead of accusing without any strong evidence. Apologies for all the chaos and I hope we can retain the happy atmosphere in the Vibe again.

Best regards,
Broodje

I had Giroud and Matic in my team and they were awful like the rest of them.

A plus score is rediculous as that isnt possible no matter how you sugar coat it.

Grantedbi gave up after 10 games 😆

Broodje's comment about holiday made me think of this. I always have a save at the beginning of the season so I can get some screenshots that I may have forgotten... Loaded that save and holidayed 2 months...

Maybe with November database this challenge is fatal and not with the March one as it looks like me and broodje we both had March database. I don't know. But if you think that I could do a 6 seasons save for Ticket to Ride and then somehow compare those two databases and then reload a shit load of time just to get that result... This all in only two days!! 

I stand by my affirmation:

13 hours ago, George Traistă said:

... I didn't reload, use unlockables or anything that break the rules, except the database thing that @Woody pointed out that is a mistake and I assume it. 

Update

After the withdrawal of @George Traistă and then @broodje kip admitting holidaying in week 9 the results and as a result the league table has had to be adjusted.

I have messaged Broodje about my disappointment at his dishonesty last week and he has been disqualified from week 9. He will also receive a 1pt deduction for failing to disclose his holidaying last week. I now consider the situation dealt with.

Therefore here are the updated results from week 9. @JamesVilla with the top score for the week.

• JamesVilla - -31
  • Rich - -34
  • Ian - -46
  • smoggy90 - -84
  • Woody - -100
  • Kane - W/D
  • broodje kip - D/Q (holidaying)
  • George Traista - D/Q (March database)

That means the results are as follows.

@Woody 1-3 @JamesVilla

@Ian 2-0 @George Traistă

@Kanegan 0-2 @smoggy90

@Rich 3-0 @broodje kip

And the final table looks like this. Rich takes the top spot which he earned, Woody stays second and Broodje will play Ian in the quarter final. Villa finishes 5th and any further withdrawals before the final stages will see him step in.

image.thumb.png.c3c58b83739724bdcb3e768001b88bfc.png

image.png.1933cff28fd6d1a165daf5b77f4ede00.png

As I said earlier in the post this situation is now over as far as I’m concerned and would like to get back to focusing on the competition instead of dwelling on last week. The challenge for the quarter final will be up on Monday.

We can look forward now instead of back and any comments below regarding cheating, holidaying, reloading etc will be removed. If any of you have issues with each other then please do it over private message.

Also if anyone has any issues or problems with how this has been dealt with then message me.

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. I backed Rich from the start so it is definitely his to lose now. All the pressure is on him... and I mean ALL the pressure. 

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ian is VPL’s version of Denmark from back in the day and I wonder what odds FoxBet or whomever has for the winner?

Ian has taken out a restraining order on FoxBet meaning we can’t give odds on him at this stage. I’m sure once Mental Micky has had a “discussion” with the judge it can all be sorted out.