Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Vibe Premier League 2021 - The Final

Welcome to the Grand Final of the Vibe Premier League this year between @Rich and @broodje kip.

image.png.1e17082964a07c9386fbab76b948468a.png

It has been an event that has lasted 3 months and finally will reach its conclusion over the next week or so. Rich remained very consistent throughout the league season topping the final and qualifying for the final directly whilst Broodje has overcome Ian and Woody after finishing 3rd in the league.

Last year @Ian defeated @BatiGoal in the final and the format of that was short, quick fire challenges which were very close and exciting. We have decided that format is perfect for a final and aren’t tampering with it in any way. If you want to be reminded of last year’s final then here it is.

In short, each mini-challenge will last just 15 league games. The winner of the VPL will be the first person to win consecutive challenges. If 4 of them are played and still still neither competitor has won two in a row then the 5th will be sudden death. So this final could last anywhere between 30-75 league games.

The Challenge

There are 4 restrictions, one per challenge and they are as follows.

• A squad with no goalkeepers
  • A squad with no defenders
  • A squad with no midfielders
  • A squad with no attackers

The finalists will take it in turns to choose which they want for each challenge, as well as the club that both players will use for that specific challenge. As a result of finishing higher in the league table, @Rich will get to choose which restriction is used for challenge 1 as well as the club. @broodje kip will choose for the second, and so on.

The Rules

Very simple, the only restriction is that your squad can not contain any players that are any shade of green in the position that isn’t allowed. So if Rich for example chooses Newcastle (he will) and defenders then no player who is light green or dark green in a defensive position will be allowed to play.

For this final the positions are classified as followed to make it as balanced as possible:

DEF: DL, DR, DC, DML, DMR

MID: DMC, MC, AMC, ML, MR

ATT: AML, AMR, ST

You are allowed to make as many transfers as you want as long as no players in the barred position play at any time during the 15 league games.

Whoever has the most points after 15 league games will win the challenge. There is no tie-break; a draw is a draw.

Usual rules apply and you both know them by now so no holidaying, reloading, unlockables or cheating in any way. Either database is fine but you must start with no manager reputation.

Screenshots Required

• Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfer history
  • Full fixture list
  • League table
  • Manager profile

Good luck to both of you and when @Rich confirms the club and which position you won’t be using for the first challenge you will both have 3 days from then to finish as it’s only 15 games.

My Picks

Team - Not going for Newcastle as I don’t think I have managed them this year, I’ll be going for a team that I’ve been the most this year and that’s Chelsea.

Positions - I will be picking no attackers for this one 😁

2 hours ago, Rich said:

My Picks

Team - Not going for Newcastle as I don’t think I have managed them this year, I’ll be going for a team that I’ve been the most this year and that’s Chelsea.

Positions - I will be picking no attackers for this one 😁

Interesting one. I was hoping for Newcastle ngl.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

How are you boys finding it so far?

I finished mine yesterday morning, didn’t take much time tbh.

Vibe Premier League 2021, The Final

Challenge 1

The first set of results are in and it’s time to take a look and see which of our finalists, if any are one win away from glory. Remember to win this year’s tournament one of the finalists must win 2 consecutive challenges and if after 4 challenges there is still no winner we will go to sudden death.

As a result of finishing higher in the league phase Rich chose the team and restriction for the first challenge which was Chelsea and no attackers. Here’s how they got on game by game.

Games 1-5

1. H) Aston Villa (Rich) H) Everton (Broodje)
Rich 4-0 win
Broodje 3-1 win

2. A) Leicester (Rich) A) Brighton (Broodje)
Rich 1-0 win
Broodje 1-1 draw

3. H) West Brom (Rich) H) Crystal Palace (Broodje)
Rich 6-0 win
Broodje 4-2 win

4. H) Tottenham (Rich) A) Southampton (Broodje)
Rich 2-0 win
Broodje 2-1 win

5. A) Leeds (Rich) A) Liverpool (Broodje)
Rich 3-0 win
Broodje 2-1 loss

What a sensational start this is for the Welshman. No attackers is probably the easiest of the 4 but all 5 comfortable wins without conceding a goal he couldn’t have asked for more and Broodje already has work to do after a defeat against Liverpool in his 5th game.

Rich 15-10 Broodje

Games 6-10

6. A) Wolves (Rich) H) Leeds (Broodje)
Rich 2-0 win
Broodje 3-1 win

7. H) Burnley (Rich) H) Aston Villa (Broodje)
Rich 3-0 win
Broodje 4-1 win

8. A) Arsenal (Rich)
Rich 1-0 win
Broodje win

9. H) Sheff Utd (Rich)
Rich 2-0 win
Broodje draw

10. A) Newcastle (Rich) A) West Brom (Broodje)
Rich 3-1 win
Broodje 1-0 win

There appears to be some overlapping in Broodje’s screenshots which means the opponents for games 8 + 9 are unknown but it doesn’t matter as it’s obvious from the rest of the results that they were a win and a draw. Broodje is going along solidly here but Rich just isn’t letting up at all and has only conceded 1 goal in 10 games! All he needs from the final 5 games is 9 points maximum and that will see him go 1 up in the final.

Rich 30-23 Broodje

Games 11-15

11. A) Brighton (Rich) H) Burnley (Broodje)
Rich 2-0 win
Broodje 1-0 win

33-26

12. H) Man City (Rich) A) Fulham (Broodje)
Rich 1-1 draw
Broodje 2-0 win

34-29

13. H) Everton (Rich) H) Wolves (Broodje)
Rich 4-0 win
Broodje 2-0 win

37-32

14. A) Crystal Palace (Rich) A) Man Utd (Broodje)
Rich 1-0 win
Broodje 3-1 loss

@Rich wins the first challenge.

15. A) Man Utd (Rich) A) West Ham (Broodje)
Rich 1-1 draw
Broodje 1-0 win

Result: @Rich 41-35 @broodje kip

So it’s Rich who puts on a stellar display to take first blood with a comfortable win in the first challenge of the final.

Broodje must now win the second challenge to keep the show on the road or at the very least draw it whereas Rich knows a win will see him crowned VPL champion.

Rich did have the advantage of choosing in that challenge though and now it’s Broodje’s turn to select a club and which of the 3 remaining restrictions will be used for challenge 2. The challenge will start as soon as he has selected.

image.png.93be0ce457ec686372c034442ac99693.png

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

Interesting choice Sandwich. Would love to know why Inter!

Nico Barella is the Italian Mikey Johnston to Broodje.

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Is it really this reason?

Yeah. I really want to use him in VPL. Another reason is because I used Inter quite a lot this year so I’m already familiar with the team.

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Yeah. I really want to use him in VPL. Another reason is because I used Inter quite a lot this year so I’m already familiar with the team.

Ah, that’s fair. Good luck to you both 

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

We must be getting the results on this soon I mean how long does it take to play 15 matches ffs!

Yeah sorry about the delay. I sent my result a few hours ago

20 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

We must be getting the results on this soon I mean how long does it take to play 15 matches ffs!

Depends how you play those 15 matches.

Vibe Premier League 2021, The Final

Challenge 2

After winning the first challenge Rich knows that victory here will see him crowned VPL champion. Broodje needs to at least draw with a defender-less Inter to keep the challenge going but a win would turn the tables and put him one game away from glory himself.

Here’s how they got on.

Games 1-5

1. H) Torino (Rich) H) Cagliari (Broodje)
Rich 2-0 win
Broodje 2-0 win

2. A) Napoli (Rich) H) Spezia (Broodje)
Rich 6-0 win
Broodje 4-1 win

3. H) Lazio (Rich) A) Benevento (Broodje)
Rich 4-0 win
Broodje 4-0 win

4. A) Sampdoria (Rich) H) Fiorentina (Broodje)
Rich 4-2 win
Broodje 2-1 win

5. H) Parma (Rich) A) Roma (Broodje)
Rich 4-1 win
Broodje 4-1 win

A perfect start from both here who have clearly decided to go all out attack to compensate for the lack of defenders in the squad. Broodje is going to need Rich to slip up at some point though or the best he can do is draw.

Rich 15-15 Broodje

Games 6-10

6. A) Crotone (Rich) H) Sampdoria (Broodje)
Rich 5-1 win
Broodje 2-0 win

7. H) Spezia (Rich) A) Milan (Broodje)
Rich 5-1 win
Broodje 4-1 win

8. H) Bologna (Rich) H) Sassuolo (Broodje)
Rich 3-0 win
Broodje 3-2 win

9. A) Fiorentina (Rich) A) Bologna (Broodje)
Rich 4-3 win
Broodje 3-0 win

10. H) Verona (Rich) H) Torino (Broodje)
Rich 6-0 win
Broodje 3-0 win

Rich is obliterating everything in sight here with the Fiorentina game his first hint of potential dropped points. Broodje is perfect as well though and that’s all he can do really as we go into the final 5 games.

Rich 30-30 Broodje

Games 11-15

11. A) Milan (Rich) A) Udinese (Broodje)
Rich 4-0 win
Broodje 3-1 win

12. H) Roma (Rich) H) Napoli (Broodje)
Rich 4-1 win
Broodje 2-0 win

13. A) Genoa (Rich) A) Atalanta (Broodje)
Rich 3-1 win
Broodje 2-1 win

14. A) Atalanta (Rich) A) Lazio (Broodje)
Rich 4-2 loss
Broodje 4-1 win

:O

Drama in the penultimate game as Rich’s chances of winning the title in this challenge are over with a defeat to Atalanta! That means Broodje has a 3pt advantage going into the final game meaning a point is good enough to turn the tables on Rich and let’s be honest everyone is expecting him to get 3.

15. H) Benevento (Rich) H) Parma (Broodje)
Rich 7-1 win
Broodje 3-0 win

@broodje kip wins the second challenge.

Result: @Rich 42-45 @broodje kip

So a near perfect run from both finalists but a slip up right at the death handed Broodje the second challenge and match point in the final himself now. As it happened with Broodje winning 15/15 it was impossible for Rich to become champion this challenge.

It’s all gone full circle now with two challenges remaining as if Broodje wins challenge 3 he will win the VPL. A Rich win would put him back within one.

A draw in challenge 3 would mean that no-one would be able to win consecutive challenges after 4 games meaning the 4th would be sudden death.

It’s back over to the Welshman to choose the restriction which is now down to no goalkeepers or no midfielders and the club.

From this point onwards @FuddledFox will be taking over for the results. It doesn’t change anything for either of you though as I will just add him into the results PMs so just keep sending results in the same place.

image.png.8531d438e3f8540f4a4d87dabb7aafae.png

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Well done @broodje kip good going.

I will pick no midfielders and we will manage Liverpool.

If you don’t win this one I’d be disappointed 😂

I couldn’t remember managing Liverpool this year so I’m excited