Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, RichD said:

Looking forward to this one, love the way @smoggy90 plays the game, so be good to go against the best!

Look forward to it mate. You’ve got some cracking careers ongoing and under your belt too, so should be a good match up. 

12 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Good luck @FuddledFox. May the best fuddler win.

@RichD, Mr Smog plays the game with all of the aggression of a prime Afonso Alves. 

Hope he doesn’t play like Alves did all them years ago against Manchester City 😥

Week 2 - One Club Challenge

Time to reveal this week’s challenge. Here’s a reminder of who is facing who in the second week of the competition.

image.png.334f6837bacb9f210a68b14b803f78b0.png

Last week’s challenge was a fairly straight-forward offering to ease you in however this one should get you thinking a bit more about how to go about it. During my time on vibe I have developed a habit of trying to link numerous other sports to FMM challenges including golf, darts and myself and @Ashez once even played a game of snooker (on FMM).

I don’t want to strike fear into the hearts of @George Traistă, @RichD and @broodje kip but this one is based on a golf “mini-game” although don’t worry too much as it’s nothing like what you faced at Augusta.

This is in fact the concept this week’s challenge is based on.

You don’t need to watch the video as everything is explained below but you will* get 50 bonus points if you do.

*won’t

The Challenge

So as you (probably haven’t) just seen above the idea is that they all play a hole of golf with a single club, either a driver, putter or 9 iron. “How on Earth have they linked that to an FMM challenge” I hear you ask, well here’s how.

Essentially you will be using a full squad of 18 players made up entirely of either defenders, midfielders or attackers. You can choose which you want to do it with but the players you use must be light green, which is natural, in the position category you have chosen.

To avoid confusion as to what constitutes a defender or attacker and to get a good balance between the options each of the individual three sections offer this is what is going to be used for this challenge.

• DEFENDERS - DL, DR, DC, WBL, WBR
  • MIDFIELDERS - DMC, MC, ML, MR, AMC
  • ATTACKERS - AML, AMR, FL, FR, ST

So, if you choose to go for a full squad of attackers your squad of 18 must all be natural in any of the 5 available allocated positions above. You won’t be allowed to retrain them into any other positions.

The players you sign cannot be natural in more than one category so if you are going for attackers and sign a natural AML he cannot also be natural at ML.

The Club

Considering this is loosely inspired by golf we are taking a trip to Scotland this week to the home of Golf which is St. Andrews, a town on the east coast of Fife. Therefore you will get to choose your club this week, from any of the below options all of which are clubs based in Fife.

• Dunfermline (Scottish Championship)
  • Raith Rovers (Scottish Championship)
  • East Fife (Scottish League One)
  • Cowdenbeath (Scottish League Two)

Points will be

League Points + 3pts per match won in the cups.

There are also points available for whichever position you choose, and it is up to you on how bold you are going to be with your initial selection. These are as follows:

• Defenders - 2pts per team goal. 1pt per team clean sheet.
  • Midfielders - 1pt per team goal. 1pt per team clean sheet.
  • Attackers - 1pt per team goal. 3pts per team clean sheet.

If you are sacked you will not receive any points and record a 0.

Clarifications

• You can choose any of the 4 listed clubs to manage.
  • Your squad must only consist of 18 players which must be either defenders, midfielders or attackers depending on what you choose.
  • There are no limits on transfers, you can buy, sell and loan who you want. You can buy and sell as you go as long as your squad size remains at 18 throughout and all 18 are natural in your chosen position.
  • Natural = Light green. Nothing else is acceptable. You cannot retrain players to other categories during the season. You also can’t have any players natural in more than one category.
  • You will play the full Scottish season.
  • Original database only and you can load whichever leagues you want.
  • Coaching badges and any reputation is allowed.
  • No cheating, reloading, holidaying or use of unlockables whatsoever.
  • You may only attempt this challenge once and as soon as you have started the save you can’t restart.
  • If asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so could result in expulsion from the tournament.
  • Tiebreaker will be most wins in all competitions again like last week.

Screenshots Required

Please send the following screenshots to me in the thread you have used so far this tournament. I might ask for extras if needed.

• League Table
  • Full Fixture List
  • Manager Profile
  • Transfers Page
  • Squad List in order of Appearances, and Attributes Page of your 3 Players with the most Appearances.
  • Squad List sorted by Position after both January Transfer Window and End of Season.

Deadline - Friday 22nd January 11:59PM GMT

Good luck and if you have any questions get them flooding in.

Well looks like I’m going to have to read this about 30 times before going cause I am bound to mess things up 😂😂

42 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Is goalkeeper included in the must be natural in whatever area you pick? 

Also, if I pick midfield for example. Can he be natural in MR, but yellow in WBR? 

If you pick Midfield then the 18 players in your squad must all be natural in one of the 5 positions listed in that category. The goalkeeper must come from one of those players. So whatever happens everyone will have an outfield player in goal.

Yes that’s fine as long as he isn’t natural in both.

6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Ill do my best, but no promises 😉

I won’t be starting myself either tonight to be fair, Tomorrow is the day!

OMG @samhardygiving me flashbacks of that Snooker save, that was one mind boggling save to try and explain 😂

For anyone that wants a headache 😂

Anyway as for this challenge it has that risk verse reward element that makes these events so exciting! 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

OMG @samhardygiving me flashbacks of that Snooker save, that was one mind boggling save to try and explain 😂

For anyone that wants a headache 😂

Anyway as for this challenge it has that risk verse reward element that makes these events so exciting! 

I actually seen this not long ago, was going through older threads and it doesn’t take much to confuse me, so took me awhile to grasp it 😂

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I’ve made my mind up now so it’s either sink or swim. I’ll start tomorrow.

Same here.

Going to be interesting whatever happens 😂

On 14/01/2021 at 20:09, FuddledFox said:

1030532364_photo17-02-2020174807.thumb.jpg.07e43dd7259f37a828daa2d61c681bb3.jpg

In week 1 we saw @smoggy90 set the early pace much to the delight of the Parmo Army with @RichD only a point behind. Those two were the only ones to win though as we saw three draws meaning the table is still yet ti take shape. We see @ScottishFMM sitting bottom of the pile a point behind @Aaron Thornton but they still have plenty of time to stay in the competition.

This is the fixtures for week 2.

1419743592_fixtureswk2.thumb.png.aadcc4a465f02b0aa773b73ba2159de8.png

What you all want though is the odds so strap yourself in as here they come. 

@Kanegan v @broodje kip

These two lads started the event with draws and they will both be desperate to get that first win on the board as one defeat at this stage could see you entering the dreaded elimination zone. This match really is a toss of a coin though and it’s hard to separate them and the bookies have priced it up that way.

Kanegan: 10/11

Broodje Kip: 10/11

@Jsavfc v @ScottishFMM

This is a huge 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 clash and both sides will be looking to win this for themselves but also the pride of there nations. ScottishFMM started slowly last week with the worst score which lost him a point so he will be looking to get off the mark. Villa fared better as he drew Kanegan and he will be looking for a win to get up the table and he goes into this match as favourite.

Jsavfc: 4/9

ScottishFMM: 7/4

@George Traistă v @Ian

Ian began his defence of his title with a draw against Woody last week and although he will have wanted a victory he will have been pleased not to lose when he wasn’t at his best. George on the other hand is in his debut event and started strongly with the 3rd highest score of the week although that was only enough to draw with Broodje Kip. Ian goes into this game as favourite but George can’t be discounted either and might just represent good value.

George Traista: 13/10

Ian: 8/13

@Woody v @Aaron Thornton

We saw all of the Potteries Pele’s experience in these events come out last week as he battled to a well deserved draw with Ian by outscoring him by 2 points. He will see this match as the perfect opportunity to get his first win as he comes up against debutante Aaron. The Thorn on the other hand needs at least a point this week to get himself settled into the event although the bookies make him the outsider this week.

Woody: 1/2

Aaron: 13/8

@smoggy90 v @RichD

The two top scorers from last week clash in what could be a monumental tie and hopefully not a bore draw. Smog is the more experienced man but Rich has shown he knows his way round a multitude of different challenges so it is hard to separate these two. The bookies have priced Smoggy as favourite though based on his experience in these events.

Smoggy: 4/5

RichD: Evs 

As usual the “good people” at Black Cat Betting can offer you all a selection of specials.

• Smoggy to go unbeaten for the whole league stage: 12/1
  • RichD to go unbeaten for the whole league stage: 16/1
  • ScottishFMM to not finish in the elimination zone: 6/4
  • ScottishFMM to make the playoffs: 14/1
  • After last weeks multiple draws there to be no draws this week: 7/5
  • Woody to never submit last in the whole event: 10000000/1

The challenge will be revealed by “big” @samhardy tomorrow and I think we have a real good one this week that will get you all thinking.

It's something missing from here, the odds for "somebody to get sacked in week 2"