Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

59 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Ian has taken out a restraining order on FoxBet meaning we can’t give odds on him at this stage. I’m sure once Mental Micky has had a “discussion” with the judge it can all be sorted out.

Unfortunately there is another important case to resolve in the court before the hearing can be heard. Apparently this case is something to do with Asda and a domain name but that’s as much as I know.

A nicely handled situation, it takes a big man to hold his hands up and admit he screwed up. These events come with unneeded pressure but it's never worth it. 

Congratulations to everyone that made it through and I look forward to the rest of the event  

We have reached the playoff stage now and the quarter final stage as the 2020 champion @Ian takes on the young pretender for his crown @broodje kip for the right to play Woody in the semis.

Playoffs.thumb.png.e3387a239a0ebb0e2ac056698dbb1ca7.png

There have been some tough challenges so far with some different teams to manage but it’s perhaps more familiar surroundings this week as they will manage Chelsea.

image.thumb.jpeg.a844effb0b5cb4d0c0a2c215667774dc.jpeg

Jose Mourinho has built a reputation on having his teams well organised in defence and that was certainly the case in Chelsea’s title winning season of 04/05. That season the Blues were the model of defensive solidity as they only conceded 15 league goals all season which is unsurprisingly still the record for the least goals conceded in a single Premier League season. Despite this emphasis on defence they still scored 72 goals in the league which was the second highest total of the season behind runners up Arsenal so they were ruthless at both ends of the pitch which is what Ian and Kip will need to be in this challenge.

The Challenge

You will take charge at Chelsea and the challenge will last up to and including the match you concede your 16th league goal of the season. At that point the challenge will be finished and your total goals scored will be your points this week. This is a straight H2H and the participant with the most points will go through to the final.

So that all sounds very simple I hear you all say, where’s the challenge when Chelsea have a great squad and loads of money? Well read on and you will find out.

The Squad and Transfers

No transfers of any kind into the club are allowed but you can sell whoever you want.

You can only use British (English, Scottish, Welsh) or Irish players that are already Chelsea players. You can recall any British or Irish players that are away on loan and it’s first nationality only.

All non British and Irish Chelsea players must be demoted or sold.

You cannot offer contracts to “greyed out” players.

Your points are league goals scored up to and including the game you concede your 16th league goal of the season.

Tiebreak is most league games played.

Clarifications and Rules

• This is a league games only challenge so cup games don’t count and can be holidayed if you wish.
  • No transfers into the club are allowed.
  • You can only use English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Northern Irish players that are already at Chelsea at the start of the save.
  • British and Irish players that are away on loan can be recalled.
  • The challenge is over at the end of the match you concede your 16th league goal of the season. At this point your goals scored in the league will be your challenge points.
  • Either the November or March DB is fine.
  • No unlockables except coaching badge and reputation.
  • Usual Vibe rules apply of no reloading, own tactics only, no editing or cheating in anyway.
  • No holidaying except for cup/European games.
  • If asked you must produce the save file and failure to do so will lead to your elimination from the event.

Screenshots

• League table straight after the match you conceded your 16th goal.
  • The match you conceded the 16th league goal in.
  • Transfer history.
  • Manager history and profile.
  • First team squad and reserve team squad ordered by appearances.
  • Your most played GK’s profile and history.

Deadline: Friday 2nd April 2021 @ 8pm UK Time

Any questions then just ask and good luck to you both

Just when you thought "get in, smash the goals in" and then Foxy slaps you in the face with a wet fish!!

Nice challenge boys i wish you the best of luck and hope you peak massively 😂😂

Good lucky guys!

So nice not having to do this one and already be in the final 😉

Edited by Rich

Vibe Premier League 2021, Quarter-Final Result

The challenge for the QF looked like an interesting one and it’s time to have a look at the results to see who will be progressing to take on Woody in the next round. It was all about keeping it tight at the back whilst still maintaining a threat going forward just like the Chelsea team of 2004/05 achieved to win the title.

@broodje kip submitted first and he got 20 games into the season before conceding his 16th goal. At this point he was 3rd in the league, 5 points behind Man City in 1st but the only thing that matters really is how many goals he scored in those 20 games.

He scored 38 which is a decent enough score but less than 2 a game and @Ian would be fancying his chances if he got a similar distance into the season before conceding his 16th goal.

He didn’t get quite as far though, conceding his 16th goal in the 17th league match. What this means is that Ian would have had to beat his opponent’s goals scored tally in 3 fewer games which is a tough ask but could he do it?

Well Ian was 5th in the league at the time and in his 17 games he scored...

28 goals falling 10 short. He played fewer games but Broodje also had the edge in GPG with 1.9 compared to the 1.65 from Ian so it’s a deserved victory overall and Ian’s defence of his title ends at the Quarter-Final stage.

Result

Broodje 38-28 Ian

So well done to @broodje kip on his win and he will now progress to the semi final where he will meet @Woody for a place in the final against @Rich.

The challenge for the semi will be out on Monday.

Very unlucky @Ian. You did very well throughout the challenge. Hope to face you again next year though I may not give you a chance still 😉

Excited to face @Woody. The last time I faced him, he jinxed my top score 🤬

46 minutes ago, Rich said:

Well done @broodje kip and very unlucky @Ian

Looking forward to seeing who I’m against in the final, will it be an all toon final @Woody? 😝

Hopefully. Anything from now is a bonus for me.

46 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Very unlucky @Ian. You did very well throughout the challenge. Hope to face you again next year though I may not give you a chance still 😉

Excited to face @Woody. The last time I faced him, he jinxed my top score 🤬

Pressure is on Kip my boy 😉

Welcome to the semi finals.

Following his victory over @Ian last week @broodje kip has made it this far but he has the small matter of the Burslem Beefcake that is @Woody standing in his way of a place in the final against @Rich

playoffs.thumb.png.5b24a7a08d972137f890912f530f0f6f.png

Like last week this is a straight fight with the competitor with the highest score going through to next weeks final.

The Challenge

This weeks challenge has one simple aim and that is to score 100 team goals in all competitions in as few an amount of games as possible.

Club Choice: You can manage any club of your choice in the entire game.

Transfers In: You are not allowed to transfer in any players at any stage of this challenge.

Transfers Out: You must sell your 5 highest value attacking players as soon as the save starts. These will be the players that have any shade of green in any of the following positions on the pitch ST, AMC, AMR, AML. These players must be sold before the season starts and cannot just be demoted.

Points: The aim of this save is to score 100 team goals in as few an amount of games as possible so the winner will be the person who’s team hits there 100th goal in the least number of games. Any tiebreakers will be settled by goal difference in all competitions. 

Rules and Clarifications

• Manage any club in any league that you want.
  • You must sell your 5 highest value (in £) players at the start of the save who have any green as either a striker or attacking midfield right, left or centre. They must be sold/released and not just demoted or loaned out.
  • No transfers into the club are allowed at any stage.
  • The save finishes after the match that you score your 100th team goal and it’s goals in all competitions that count.
  • No unlockables although you can have a coaching badge and any reputation you wish.
  • You can use either the November or March DB.
  • Usual Vibe rules of no cheating in any way apply and if there’s any suspicion we reserve the right to exclude you from the event.
  • Have fun.

Screenshots

• Players listed by value on the first day of the save.
  • News items showing you sold the players before the season starts.
  • Transfer history.
  • Manager history after the game you score your 100th goal or at the end of the season.
  • League table.
  • Final match you play in any cup competitions.

Deadline: Friday 9th April 2021 @ 11pm UK Time 

Good luck

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

Results night?

Looking forward to seeing who will beat me in the final.

I picked my favourite club, Newcastle 👀

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Results night?

Looking forward to seeing who will beat me in the final.

Sincerity is horrible when faked. 🤪

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

Sincerity is horrible when faked. 🤪

I’m not, whoever I play will be tough you little shit, stirring 😝

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m not, whoever I play will be tough you little shit, stirring 😝

That isn’t what you say in private. ‘I will beat any of these turds’ is your usually comment. Go to sleep Rich.

Vibe Premier League 2021, Semi-Final Result

The last round was about scoring goals whilst still keeping it tight at the back but there’s none of that this week as the simple aim is to score 100 goals in as few games possible for the right to face @Rich in the grand final.

First we delve into @Woody’s result. His team of choice was Real Madrid and he breached the 100 goal mark in March which was 39 games in all competitions. He was sitting 2nd in the league at the time and had won 29 of his 39 games in charge but the only thing that matters was the amount of games it took for him to reach 100.

image.png.f05759b46dd620aa971539d2451ca1b8.png

So @broodje kip needed to get the job done in less than 39 to reach the final where Rich is waiting. Broodje went for Man City and was sitting pretty at the top of the league when he got to 100.

And that moment came in January which was comfortably earlier than his opponent, 11 games before. Some crazy scorelines in there included a 7-5 win over Birmingham in the FA Cup, a 4-3 defeat to Man Utd and a 5-2 defeat to Bayern in the CL. The defeats don’t mean anything though and the goals helped him earn this win with a score of 28.

image.png.3a1817ff6304f82050a2dea53ce7d20a.png

So it’s well done to Broodje who takes the win and we have our final. Commiserations to Woody but he had his best season in the VPL so far finishing 2nd in the league just unfortunately he couldn’t build on his semi.

Result (lowest score wins)

Woody 39-28 broodje kip

The final... who do you think will win?

image.png.1e17082964a07c9386fbab76b948468a.png

Great effort @Woody. Very nice to actually beat you this time. Certainly gave me good fights throughout the competition though I was rooting for you up until the semifinal 😂

Good luck to @Rich. May the best Sandwich maker wins!