Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Week 1 - A Legend is Born 

There has been plenty of chat so far but it’s time for the talking to stop and the action to start with the first challenge.

Just as a reminder here is the fixtures for week 1.

964658239_fixtureswk1.thumb.png.1318396d34edfa9d82a4bc0b6a4bbed2.png

This Weeks Challenge

image.jpeg.dd50c05dcb36f8836a966ccd72fdd6e5.jpeg

Back in November 2020 the world of football lost one of its most colourful characters and without doubt one of its greatest players Diego Maradona. 

He is obviously famous for leading Argentina to the World Cup in 1986, Napoli to Serie A glory and his exuberant off field “activities” but it all began in Argentina at Argentinos Juniors. He began his career at the Buenos Aires club playing his first professional game at the age of 15 in October 1976. Within minutes of coming on as a sub in the game he had “nutmegged” Juan Domingo Cabrera a moment captured in this photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.9719aa54fcee8c9b312ce071a81c423f.jpeg

He played for El Bicho a total of 167 times and scored 115 goals before he moved to Boca Juniors for $4m at the age of 19 in 1981 and the rest is history. The club has subsequently named there stadium after there greatest ever son.

The Challenge

You will be taking over at Argentinos Juniors in the Argentine Primera Division and finding a new Maradona to get you goals and assists.

• You must manage Argentinos Juniors in Argentina’s top flight.
  • Your new Maradona must be Argentine as his first nationality and a teenager at the start of the save. If he turns 20 before the first competitive game of the season he cannot be used. He can already be at the club or you can buy him in but you cannot loan a player in.
  • You must play a full Argentine season. Argentina has two main competitions along with a cup and you must play both the league and the Superleague competitions. If in doubt play up to the change of season screen.
  • You can make any transfers in and out you wish including loans for players that aren’t your New Maradona.
  • Goals and assists in all competitions count towards your score but not friendlies.
  • Original DB only and you can load any other leagues alongside Argentina you wish.
  • No unlockables.
  • Coaching badge and reputation are allowed.
  • No editing, reloading or cheating in anyway.
  • No holidaying.
  • You can only play this challenge once and cannot restart at any point once you have begun.
  • If asked you must provide the save file and failure to do so will result in a 0 score and possible expulsion from the competition.
  • In the result of a tie the most wins will be used as the tiebreaker.
  • Have fun.

Points will be scored in the following ways.

1pt per goal scored by your New Maradona in all comps.

2pts per assist by your New Maradona in all comps.

3pts per win in all competitions.

Screenshots Required

You must provide the following screenshots to @samhardy in the PM thread you already have setup with him.

• Your New Maradona’s attributes on the day of the first match of the season and then again at the end of the season.
  • Your New Maradona’s history at the end of the season.
  • League Tables from both Argentine league competitions.
  • The match in the cup you are eliminated or win the competition.
  • Manager profile.
  • Manager history.

DEADLINE: Tuesday 12th January 2020 @ 8pm UK Time

Good luck and if you have any questions then don’t hesitate to ask.

OK i have played in Argentina in my Insane Journeyman challenge. It's not a difficult league to play but the fixture pile up is pretty hard.

A decent scoring/assist challenge. One that hopefully I can make a decent start on - going to have to do some research into the club/potential players first before starting i reckon. 

Good luck everyone!

Just now, Jsavfc said:

Anyone else have issues getting rid of players. Every time I manage to get offer it's always snubbed! 

Don't put them on transfer list, nobody will make an offer when you offer to clubs, you will get some offers at the end of the transfer window or even after the transfer window is done. 

4 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Don't put them on transfer list, nobody will make an offer when you offer to clubs, you will get some offers at the end of the transfer window or even after the transfer window is done. 

I havnt, just offering them out at value or slightly higher if its a decent player. Still not getting anything coming in. 

27 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

I havnt, just offering them out at value or slightly higher if its a decent player. Still not getting anything coming in. 

i had to offer them for like 20% of their value to get any offers, so if a player was worth 2 mil, i had to offer them for 400k and even then i struggle to get offers

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

HOW!!!!!!!!!

I’m playing mind games, I haven’t even started 😂😂

Edited by RichD
32 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Before I go into my game any further, what are we classing as the first game of the season? Cause of the Copa Argentina is only like a few days after you can start. 

The first competitive match so the Copa Argentina counts but if you haven’t signed your Maradona by then make sure he is a teenager by the first competitive match he plays in.

1 hour ago, Jsavfc said:

Anyone else have issues getting rid of players. Every time I manage to get offer it's always snubbed! 

Just started and I’ve managed to make 12m in player sales. Very annoying as I’ve had a few snub moves though.

47 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

The first competitive match so the Copa Argentina counts but if you haven’t signed your Maradona by then make sure he is a teenager by the first competitive match he plays in.

Ah cool. Just wanted to check he didn't need to be signed by that game, some scout reports aren't even back yet 😂