Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

3 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Has anyone actually seen their makeshift keeper make any sort of save?!

He had few good games but mostly was like Mr Bean, went on to concede a lot of own goals that were back passes from his team mates. Also few goals from shots that were destined to go outside but somehow he got in the way and the ball deflected from him to own goal. 

8 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

He had few good games but mostly was like Mr Bean, went on to concede a lot of own goals that were back passes from his team mates. Also few goals from shots that were destined to go outside but somehow he got in the way and the ball deflected from him to own goal. 

Mine scored no own goals but no I never got any clean sheet

6 hours ago, Kanegan said:

I got plenty of clean sheets but not enough wins as  I went for a full squad of defenders. 

Shame about that Kane 😉 i went defenders too.

26 minutes ago, samhardy said:

A quick reminder of the deadline - just over 24 hours away and got 9/10 results in only @ScottishFMM to go.

Production of next week’s challenge is underway 👀

Ohhh he hasn’t been active since Tuesday either!

Bet this is going to be a nice easy challenge this week isn’t it 🙈

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

The results will be this evening.

Got excited with that notification then 😂

Look forward to it 😁

Vibe Premier League 2021, Week 2 Results

The challenge that has caused carnage over the last week is finally over and the time has arrived to reveal how you “all” got on. Here’s the fixtures from the past week.

image.png.1633c91a776ecd6e0dd6cd0b19ba49b5.png

The first thing to note is that unfortunately I didn’t receive any results from @ScottishFMM this week meaning he scores a 0 and @Jsavfc is awarded the victory. However I would still like to touch on Villa’s performance as it was an excellent one and something that deserves some attention. He went for what seemed to be the safe option of midfielders and guided his Dunfermline side to 3rd in the table with some very entertaining games in the process. He banged in 98 goals in the league and conceded 93 and in fact Villa went all out for goals here scoring 144 in all competitions which made up the vast majority of his score. Not many clean sheets but with only a point on offer for each one using midfielders that doesn’t really make any difference and his total of 201 was the second highest of the week.

There were two casualties this week in terms of the sack race with @Ian and @Aaron Thornton losing their jobs. Ian was extremely harshly done by as the FMM Gods unceremoniously decided his time was up with only one game to go! He went for Dunfermline and utterly despised the challenge from start to finish with a few what can only be described as brutally heavy defeats in there and the same can be said for Aaron whom I was only shown 1 screenshot from and sorry Aaron but I think it really does tell the tale all on its own 😂

image.jpeg.b58294dee876f6c6618a21ad303332ee.jpeg

The best two matches of the week in terms of excitement were Kane v Broodje and the clash between the then top 2 Smog and Rich. But the next result to have a look at was from @George Traistă who as things worked out just had to avoid the sack to grab the win this week. He went for midfielders and actually achieved the joint best league finish of everyone this week guiding Cowdenbeath to 2nd place. He didn’t quite explode with goalscoring like most people did but did get 84 of them in all competitions and a respectable 7 clean sheets as well. A second consecutive solid performance from George with a score of 147 and he beats the defending champion. Something else that has to be applauded was him really getting into the spirit of the golf challenge by signing a player who shares the name as @FuddledFox ‘s favourite golfer Sergio Garcia.

Now unbelievably @Woody was the 3rd to submit his results meaning he still hasn’t achieved the banker bet of this event which is to be last to submit two weeks in a row. He made the decision of going for defenders meaning every goal effectively counted double and this payed off big style. He scored 82 goals in all competitions but as I’ve just touched on these points were doubled. Like George as well he guided his side to 2nd in the league and there was only a single clean sheet but Woody made a good tactical decision this week (not something I thought I’d ever write) and was unmatched this week so well done to Woody who achieves the bonus point in week 2!

So we now know that George, Villa and Woody have beaten Ian, Scottish and Aaron respectively but the final 4 results belonged to four managers who were involved in great matches this week. I’ll leave the clash between the top two until last so Kane against Broodje is next up. There were only 3 points between these two but as the results went I can reveal this did NOT end up in a draw. Highest score wins in this one.

Their two approaches couldn’t have been any different with @Kanegan going for defenders at Dunfermline and @broodje kip opting for attackers at Raith. Both really struggled in the league and were probably fortunate not to be sacked but just about survived, both with 30 points each. Kane performed narrowly better defensively and in the cups and going into the moment of truth which is goals scored Kane held the advantage at 53-42. But Kane couldn’t match Woody’s heroics of scoring goals with defenders as that came back to haunt him only managing 36 goals, albeit they were doubled to 72. This meant that Broodje would snatch a win here with 80 goals or more, and...

He managed 83 to take a narrow win in a thriller and defeat an unlucky Kane who might have done enough to earn a draw in another week but is condemned to a defeat.

Finally what looked to be the match of the week on paper between @smoggy90and @RichD and it didn’t disappoint. Smog went for midfielders and Cowdenbeath with Rich going all out attack and Dunfermline. Quite frankly neither of these two gave too much of a shit about their defences, conceding a colossal 233 combined goals in the league only, but also couldn’t stop scoring goals either.  Mid table league finishes for both of them with very similar points totals from the cups and only one clean sheet between them meaning this came down to what we all want to see in who scored more goals.

I can reveal that Rich scored 117 goals in all competitions to give him a final score of 160. Smog managed to beat this and outscored Rich by 15 points but as we’ve seen already Woody and Villa breached the 200 mark. There was no score splitting these two, draw it is. Good match.

Final Scores

• Woody - 215
  • Jsavfc - 201
  • smoggy90 - 175
  • RichD - 160
  • George Traista - 147
  • broodje kip - 128
  • Kanegan - 125
  • Ian - 0
  • Aaron Thornton - 0
  • ScottishFMM - 0/DNF

Results, Week 2

@Kanegan 1-2 @broodje kip

@Jsavfc 4-0 @ScottishFMM

@George Traistă 2-1 @Ian

@Woody 4-0 @Aaron Thornton

@smoggy90 3-3 @RichD

Well done to all the winners this week especially @Woody for scoring the highest and achieving the bonus point. @ScottishFMM will be deducted a point after not submitting, his week 3 match will go ahead as planned but failure to submit 2 weeks in a row would mean he would be eliminated from the competition.

Here’s how the table looks. Woody goes top and it’s already looking like it’ll be a tight race for the playoffs with just as single point separating the top 6.

image.thumb.png.6cff8f41e132a896e63bda1b11e6c791.png

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Tell you what, it was some season, 245 goals in 30 games... 7.5 goals a game, who wouldn't pay to watch that, unless your a Raith Rovers fan of course. I'm just relieved it's over 😂😭

Loved your screenshot. Brilliant.

@samhardy great write up as always. 

Great competition so far all! 

Just now, Rob said:

Loved your screenshot. Brilliant.

@samhardy great write up as always. 

Great competition so far all! 

The 2 wins were in the cups aswell 😂😂 no league win all season with two games left to go they didn't want me anymore for some strange reason, I guess they didn't want to set more than one Scottish record as worst defense ever was already in the bag.