Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Badges of Honour 6 - Ronny’s Year

FuddledFox

Badge 6 - Ronny’s Year
874919727_ronaldosyear.png.50a0c2adf9e28bd5869b32a64da3e66f.png

Welcome to the 6th badge in the Badges of Honour series, links to the rest of the badges and more information can be found in @Rob index post here

This challenge was largely inspired by Calendar Year Scoring challenge which was created by @danovic78 a few years ago and although some elements of the challenge have been tweaked it would be unfair of me not to give him a huge amount of credit.

Goal scoring is usually recorded on a season by season basis but there are also records based over a single calendar year. The overall club and country record of goals is widely contested but certainly at the highest level of the game it is considered to be held by Messi and his amazing 91 goals over the course of 2012 for both Barcelona and Argentina. This had beaten the record of German great Gerd Muller who had scored 85 in 1972.

At club level the record is also held by Messi and unsurprisingly the record was set in the same year 2012. In total in scored 77 times in 58 games for Barcelona at a rate of 1.32 GpG. As we know Messi’s great modern rival for the title of the worlds greatest player is Cristiano Ronaldo and his highest total club goals in a calendar year came playing for Real Madrid in 2013 when he scored 59 times in 50 games.

Your job in this challenge and to earn your badge is to break Messi’s record and scored 78 times in a calendar year with Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

Rules and Clarifications

Please note that this isn’t the usual set up for a 1 or 2 season challenge so please read the instructions carefully.

• You must manage Real Madrid and sign Ronaldo. This has been tested by @Scratch and it is possible to sign him.
  • This challenge runs over the calendar year of 2021 (1st January 2021 - 31st December 2021) so you will have to play the first part of the season before the challenge starts on the 1st January 2021. None of the goals Ronaldo scores during that time count towards his total and you cannot carry on and try again in 2022.
  • You must get a screenshot of Ronaldo’s history on the 1st January 2021 to show how many goals he had scored up till then. Then again on the 1st January 2022 before any matches on that date to show how many he scored over the year.
  • You may make any other transfers you wish during the three transfer windows of this challenge.
  • It is club goals only and goals in all competitions count towards the total.
  • No reloading, editing, holidaying during 2021 or cheating in anyway.
  • You must provide evidence in the form of screenshots so the best thing to do is to start a career thread on here for us all to follow.
  • Have fun.
The Benchmark and Scoring

In order to win the lovely badge that you see at the top of this post you must equal or better the the benchmark total which is 78 club goals in all competitions across the whole of 2021.

Your points for the leaderboard will be the total number of club goals Ronaldo score’s in 2021.

Leaderboard

Any questions just ask and good luck.

I'd much rather use the Greatest of all time to beat his own record but, this will have to do. 'Ol Cristiano Roll-A-Roundo it is... 😕

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'd much rather use the Greatest of all time to beat his own record but, this will have to do. 'Ol Cristiano Roll-A-Roundo it is... 😕

We gotta get it done for Wales, me and you on 5 💪🏻

Thos is a challenge i am i terested in. But cannot quite fully understand the rules for this one. 

Sign ronaldo for real i get. 

But the rest has confused me any help? To simplify please. 

So i need to take a screenshot on the 1st of january 2021 to show how many ronaldo scored but they do not count for that calendar year. 

The next part however i dont understand sorry 

Just now, Plimmerz92 said:

So i need to take a screenshot on the 1st of january 2021 to show how many ronaldo scored but they do not count for that calendar year. 

It's goals from Jan 1st 2021 to Jan 1st 2022 that count. That's it. 

The screen shot in 2021 is to see his total when the challenge starts. Then the screenshot in 2022 is to work out his total.

30 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Exactly what @Dai_ said above.

This challenge is played over the 2nd half of the first in game season (2020/21) and the 1st half of the second in game season (2021/22). 

27 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Exactly what @Dai_ said above.

This challenge is played over the 2nd half of the first in game season (2020/21) and the 1st half of the second in game season (2021/22). 

The confusion might be because, in the ss required bit, your asking for two on 1st Jan 2021.

So far..938027724_Screenshot_20210111-002239_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.c5be1bd4b8258d911a08afbcdde8992b.jpg

Not convinced ill reach the benchmark myself may have to restart think i fluffed up my signings. But still great challenge none the less. I cant even give bale away 🤣🤣 offered him to clubs for 0k trying to free wage up. 

Edited by Plimmerz92
6 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

So far..938027724_Screenshot_20210111-002239_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.c5be1bd4b8258d911a08afbcdde8992b.jpg

Not convinced ill reach the benchmark myself may have to restart think i fluffed up my signings. But still great challenge none the less. I cant even give bale away 🤣🤣 offered him to clubs for 0k trying to free wage up. 

I found it really easy to get rid of Bale. Quite a few teams will accept him as a part-exchange deal. Did you try that? 

Every player i have tried to sign are not interested in the remaining players i have. I need another striker as i part ex benzema for SMS <savic and 5 mill. Jovic i sold for 60m i think. As i bought robertson TAA for wing backs. So finances ran out really fast lol 

10 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

With Bale I kept him on loan but transfer listed him and managed to sell him. I find if I transfer list when on loan it tends to get rid of them.

20 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Yeah sadly i didnt reach the benchmark my big mistake was i overbought i think. And upset the whole team. March-april ronny really didnt score all that much for me but also may have been the formation i was using  a 4231 for majority. Then switched to a 21321 whiched seem to be more aggressive in the way of goald but alot harder than it seems this challenge. Ill give it another go some point. 

Screenshot_20210111-205528_FM21 Mobile.jpg

On 11/01/2021 at 20:59, Plimmerz92 said:

Yeah sadly i didnt reach the benchmark my big mistake was i overbought i think. And upset the whole team. March-april ronny really didnt score all that much for me but also may have been the formation i was using  a 4231 for majority. Then switched to a 21321 whiched seem to be more aggressive in the way of goald but alot harder than it seems this challenge. Ill give it another go some point. 

Screenshot_20210111-205528_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Mate you did reach the benchmark, you scored 85.