Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Chris' Badge Collection (7/8) Badge 8 - Borussia Babes

Chris

Just caught up with your last couple of badges, and they were both really great (especially the Bruno one). Son has been good for me this year, but I've only played him centrally, so maybe he doesn't like the wide play? Or maybe it's jsut how he fits into your tactic as you say. Anyway, well done and good luck with Ronny!

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Just caught up with your last couple of badges, and they were both really great (especially the Bruno one). Son has been good for me this year, but I've only played him centrally, so maybe he doesn't like the wide play? Or maybe it's jsut how he fits into your tactic as you say. Anyway, well done and good luck with Ronny!

Thanks mate. Struggling to get this one going and already restarted a couple of time before January has even hit. He's been getting a 1gpg ratio but I'm taking my time perfecting this one as Im still on the hunt for my 1k Tactic lol. Trying to see if I can move away from the conventional wing play as I'm struggling to get much consistency with that this year, except for a seemingly fluke season with Kaio Jorge where he got 80+ goals in a season. 

Gl with yours also! 

Edited by Chris
1 hour ago, Chris said:

Thanks mate. Struggling to get this one going and already restarted a couple of time before January has even hit. He's been getting a 1gpg ratio but I'm taking my time perfecting this one as Im still on the hunt for my 1k Tactic lol. Trying to see if I can move away from the conventional wing play as I'm struggling to get much consistency with that this year, except for a seemingly fluke season with Kaio Jorge where he got 80+ goals in a season. 

Gl with yours also! 

I wouldn’t beat yourself up over this Ronny one as it’s pretty tough. I’m like you, in that I just haven’t got it going and the numbers I’m getting mean that it would have to be a perfect run from January onwards and on my previous two attempts he’s ended up suffering injury fairly early on in January so I just binned them both off. I’m due to have another go though I think.

Good luck with yours.

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

I wouldn’t beat yourself up over this Ronny one as it’s pretty tough. I’m like you, in that I just haven’t got it going and the numbers I’m getting mean that it would have to be a perfect run from January onwards and on my previous two attempts he’s ended up suffering injury fairly early on in January so I just binned them both off. I’m due to have another go though I think.

Good luck with yours.

And you yours mate. Keep forgetting he is 35 and most 1kc players are usually seeing drops in goals way before that 😂 

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Gl with yours also! 

Thanks mate, just got to halfway in mine and only got 39 - I thought that wasn't too bad for him, but looking at how many games he'll likely get in the rest of this, he's going to have to improve his ratio. So I think I'm in trouble and not sure how I could have done it any better.

If I fall short, I'll probably have to try something completely different tactic wise. I don't think the wing play approach is really working that well this time around. 

Screenshot_20210129_221731_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.b27a54e5380e587ee630753439474850.jpg

2 games left till January the first... I've mentioned a few times on here now how my tactics seem to just stop working around December/January, but this one really takes the biscuit 😂 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Screenshot_20210129_221731_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.b27a54e5380e587ee630753439474850.jpg

2 games left till January the first... I've mentioned a few times on here now how my tactics seem to just stop working around December/January, but this one really takes the biscuit 😂 

That’s so frustrating Chris! I have no idea what’s happening on yours cause it doesn’t seem to happen to me🙈

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

That’s so frustrating Chris! I have no idea what’s happening on yours cause it doesn’t seem to happen to me🙈

Honestly mate, this is slightly more extreme but it's happening on every career I have done so far. I have no idea what is going on 😂

Gnna ride it out for a few more games and then try again I guess. Patience is growing thin now though. Its bareable on other challenges as they don't all rely on a singe player, but these challenges just happen to be my favorite 😭

Edited by Chris
25 minutes ago, Chris said:

Honestly mate, this is slightly more extreme but it's happening on every career I have done so far. I have no idea what is going on 😂

Gnna ride it out for a few more games and then try again I guess. Patience is growing thin now though. Its bareable on other challenges as they don't all rely on a singe player, but these challenges just happen to be my favorite 😭

Maybe you’ve downloaded the super annoying version of the game 😂

That would proper annoy me though, my players to go through periods where there amazing and drop off a little but not nowhere near as annoying as yours. Feel bad for you Christine!

Badge 6 - Ronny's Year Update

So I've tried this challenge a fair amount of times now, trying to get the tactic right. Seemed to have nailed it a few times but then CR performances just dropped off. I tried a lot of very different tactics, but kept returning to wide play with winger as it was always the most consistent...

Anyway, I felt the need to post something so I'm posting my current attempt just as I've hit Jan 1st. Things have been going pretty well, except CR received a 3 week injury on 26th Dec which already dents my chances of completing the challenge. Only time will tell, but here goes... 

Transfers In

Screenshot_20210131_002004_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.a13a9614a90f06c2829776e61dad73b7.jpg

Transfers Out

Screenshot_20210131_002007_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.89ff1ea411edb71853668e514cff02e7.jpg

Still have Hazard in the team as I couldn't offload him this time round. His morale is still okay though as I'm playing him in rotation whenever CR is resting. He can be as greedy as he wants then. Going to try and get rid of him this window and possibly bring in someone a bit more experienced than Odegaard for the first team CAM role. He has the stats in the right places but just doesn't seem to perform all that well yet. 

January 1st

Screenshot_20210131_001934_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.e038d449c20a7062c036cb0131ab069b.jpg

This was on 26th Dec so still a couple weeks of injury left. Probably going to miss 4-6 games... Ouch. 

Screenshot_20210131_001908_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.f9187be13d11c7915c65ea9a7db3c4cd.jpg

And he just started declining due to injury too. Again, ouch. 

Screenshot_20210131_001914_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.eb085a69d3bee22093876411a68a6b63.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_001918_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.60e0fd27f99fcb7f648dd187306f3068.jpg

So he's scored in every game he's played so far and is maintaining an okay gpg. I'm not going to do the math to see if we will be on target for the Badge with more of these stats, just to keep it interesting. 

Stay tuned! 

Edited by Chris
On 30/01/2021 at 00:26, Chris said:

I have somehow a similar problem, I don't know how but every season I have a injury crisis in November - December... I have no idea how that's happening but it's always in the same period of the year. 

That’s a great total mate. Good luck.

40 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I have somehow a similar problem, I don't know how but every season I have a injury crisis in November - December... I have no idea how that's happening but it's always in the same period of the year. 

Had it once in A*****a and currently in my Celtic, it happens again. Not entirely a bad one but still a few key players got injured 

Things still not looking great come April so sorry to dissapoint but I'll be starting over... Again. This challenge will not defeat me! 😂

Tough luck here, it is proving to be a bit of a pain this one. My latest attempt ended in November when he broke his leg 😂

EE834838-0F52-413A-B074-C3588711099C.thumb.png.72d07136160833e79eb2d857c09133a5.png

I’ve been trying to get him going in the T role behind two selfless strikers as I got a lot of goals out of Bruno in that system but it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to manage it. Up front it will have to be I think.

Good luck in your next attempt, hopefully you can get it in the end.

31 minutes ago, Ian said:

Tough luck here, it is proving to be a bit of a pain this one. My latest attempt ended in November when he broke his leg 😂

EE834838-0F52-413A-B074-C3588711099C.thumb.png.72d07136160833e79eb2d857c09133a5.png

I’ve been trying to get him going in the T role behind two selfless strikers as I got a lot of goals out of Bruno in that system but it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to manage it. Up front it will have to be I think.

Good luck in your next attempt, hopefully you can get it in the end.

I was toying with similar ideas, and maybe using my 3 up top that smashed Redknapping to see how we got on. I'm just really not in a rush though as this is the perfect challenge to get a 1k tactic. Still frustrating seeing these results though. Tried the tactic that got a 21yr old Kaio Jorge 80+ in a season and Ronny barely scraped 20 goals by January. Game isn't making much sense to me at the moment 😂 no consistency at all

@Rob I feel extremely cheeky posting about this, and understand if you aren't willing to take this into account. I just loaded up my Deadly Duo save as I'm going to continue that to unlock better reputation (I mentioned this recently in General Discussion). After loading it up and hitting continue a couple of times I had 2 club World Championship games appear, in which Kane and Son got another 11 points as a collective. Proof below:

Screenshot_20210131_195126_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.63bbdb6525b3c02d87e2c3ce1da7af4e.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_194715_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.c18f86a18a83350a49c249fd3bfe7cd7.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_194721_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.a186a6e4ec29783450ffbde3e5acde80.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_195130_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.56067ef8fd180b50a06295672e9b8736.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_195134_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.29d82c902cda99ee823a75a70dfc9216.jpg

Screenshot_20210131_195205_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3f9dbbcb7be920d465c2f506b2439dc0.jpg

Only reason I'm posting is because this takes my score to 307 (my aim was 300). Is it okay for my score to be amended? 

Badge 6 - Ronny's Year, 13656th attempt

I've been having some okay runs with this challenge but have given up each time around March of the first season as I just haven't been happy with the flow of goals for the main man. He's been grabbing a good amount of goals but lacks consistency. Anyway I'm posting what will probably be my last attempt at this challenge using a lone striker tactic. Upto January has gone okay but not great but the tactic feels alot smoother now, playing a 4-4-1-1. Gnna try and stick this one out a little longer as it's doing okay and I have young wingers this time (decided to give Sane and Coman a break 😂). 

Anyway here's how Ronny is doing in January:

Screenshot_20210205_203215_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.bed6ce9cb6fe6fe71ee6357967443ebc.jpgScreenshot_20210205_203218_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.0e58a7d4b2bd91471aacb6df0ad2b46b.jpg

Edited by Chris
12 minutes ago, RichD said:

Come on a Christine, you got this! Great start, hope you can keep it up 😁

Thanks, I really hope so. I have to get the badges in order so this is really holding me up! Especially with new ones coming out so often 😂

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Thanks, I really hope so. I have to get the badges in order so this is really holding me up! Especially with new ones coming out so often 😂

I can confirm this one was the hardest to get the badge in for sure, im sure you’ll get it this time, if not you can hold mine for a bit.

11 minutes ago, RichD said:

I can confirm this one was the hardest to get the badge in for sure, im sure you’ll get it this time, if not you can hold mine for a bit.

How very generous of you 😂

Badge 6 - Ronny's Year Update

After an okay start I wanted to try and maintain a gpg of atleast 1.5 after January to give us a decent shot at completing the challenge. Here's how we got on:

Screenshot_20210205_234422_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.c5c29cf53ba9a96e54335c080e17d303.jpg

This is the team that played the majority of the season. Not sure why it's taken the wingers so long to adapt to their new positions as their aptitudes were both "Reasonable". Ziyech was our main corner taker and lead our assists with 24, with the remainder mainly going to the wide men. I did tweak around with the tactics a few times but I was quite happy with the performance of the team as a whole... Although we really struggled in some big matches. That coupled with a fair bit of bad luck with cup draws lead to:

Screenshot_20210205_235413_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.d921e7be25b2a568788f615ce61a03d7.jpg

Absolutely terrible runs in the Spanish Cup and Champions Cups, losing to Barcelona and PSG respectively in games that really could have gone either way. I was already stressing at this point as these missed games could be the difference between completing this challenge or not... 

Screenshot_20210205_235022_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.1630d06566329e0b03d1643a199e5619.jpgScreenshot_20210205_235026_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.de002f4e33bb59a3e4cfc10af19bb862.jpg

So he didn't quite maintain a 1.5gpg record, but wasn't too far off. He didn't get injured the whole season and rarely missed a game. But as I said above, getting knocked out of those cups early has really cost us I think. 

We head into Season 2 with a score of 40, meaning we require 38 goals before January.

Gulp.... Doable, but definitely not looking great at this point. 

Edited by Chris
3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Good work Christine. 38 is absolutely doable I believe. Or is it?

If I maintain the same gpg I think I'll miss the mark by a couple of goals. Need to hit the new season running! 

I have a hard decision to make now, whether I should continue with my younger wingers or bring in some experience. 

Edited by Chris
2 minutes ago, Chris said:

If I maintain the same gpg I think I'll miss the mark by a couple of goals. Need to hit the new season running! 

I have a hard decision to make now, whether I should continue with my younger wingers or bring in some experience. 

James is great. Maybe Sane to replace Saka? He got me 30 assists from the right wing despite being left footed 

Edited by broodje kip