Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Help I’m getting bored quickly

Hello this is my first post but ive been looking around this fourm for about a month or two. One thing I’ve noticed is everyone is supportive. So I was wondering if anyone gets bored of a save after a couple seasons. And in my case I have a problem of buying the same players like Felix as he’s my favorite player. And I’m not interested in doing lower leagues because idk which players are good or not.

thanks for listening to my little rant

Edited by Felix_is_king

That's just how FMM goes at times mate, however that's why we've such a thriving challenge community here as it gives your playing a real purpose. You're not playing for the sake of it but to achieve whatever goal your challenge has. 

7 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

And I’m not interested in doing lower leagues because idk which players are good or not.

That’s part of the fun of lower league for me as you discover all these players you have never heard of and you create your own heroes.

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's just how FMM goes at times mate, however that's why we've such a thriving challenge community here as it gives your playing a real purpose. You're not playing for the sake of it but to achieve whatever goal your challenge has. 

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

That’s part of the fun of lower league for me as you discover all these players you have never heard of and you create your own heroes.

Maybe I can try lower levels of Portugal thanks

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

50 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Not knowing who's good is exactly why lower level management is better. Starting at a top team gets boring after about one season in my experience. 

While I agree this isn't limited to just LLM, it also goes for any league you're unfamiliar with. 

37 minutes ago, Ashez said:

While I agree this isn't limited to just LLM, it also goes for any league you're unfamiliar with. 

Very true, any break away from the norm is going to freshen things up whether that’s different leagues, club, players or tactics.

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

You can try this. You won’t get bored but will be left with frustration.

Or if he doesn’t want a challenge to kill him then maybe go for some of these😂

Not knowing players shouldn't really affect the way you play in the long run. Eventually any career is just going to be filled with regens anyway (although you can usually tell who the best ones are based on). 

LLM can be really fun. You learn to scout players properly, and to judge them based on their stats and traits rather than your emotional connection to them. Haven't done one in a long time myself but I used to enjoy taking my home town from the conference and seeing how quickly I could win the PL and CL. 

Tactics wise, just experiment. I always found attacking tactics to be the most effective in the lower leagues (and for higher leagues too tbh, but takes a bit more tweaking, and the right players, on the league) , and it is more than possible to get promoted one season after another. 

Edited by itzChris92
1 minute ago, hhooo said:

Unfortunately LLM can also be too easy, like taking a German third division team to winning the CL in 5 years isn't super challenging, which I recommend the northern Ireland third division 

It's not super challenging if you know what you're doing. Kind of subjective in my opinion. I think it's a great starting point for someone struggling for tactics, and just motivation for the game in general. This is pretty much the way I played the game until I discovered Vibe. But by that time I already kind of knew what I was doing and was ready for challenges etc. 

17 minutes ago, itzChris92 said:

Not knowing players shouldn't really affect the way you play in the long run. Eventually any career is just going to be filled with regens anyway (although you can usually tell who the best ones are based on). 

LLM can be really fun. You learn to scout players properly, and to judge them based on their stats and traits rather than your emotional connection to them. Haven't done one in a long time myself but I used to enjoy taking my home town from the conference and seeing how quickly I could win the PL and CL. 

Tactics wise, just experiment. I always found attacking tactics to be the most effective in the lower leagues (and for higher leagues too tbh, but takes a bit more tweaking, and the right players, on the league) , and it is more than possible to get promoted one season after another. 

Yea I’m doing a lower League Portugese team and I’m in my second season and now finding nice regens and obviously got Serrano 

31 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

Yea I’m doing a lower League Portugese team and I’m in my second season and now finding nice regens and obviously got Serrano 

That sounds interesting. My only problem with Serrano is that he sometimes is quite unprofessional.

I'd fully recommend doing some of the challenges. If you find yourself bored after a season or two. Go for those length challenges, in a country different to where you'd normally play.

Then build up to something like a 1K challenge somewhere completely random like Poland or Australia.

On 14/01/2021 at 18:21, Felix_is_king said:

Hello this is my first post but ive been looking around this fourm for about a month or two. One thing I’ve noticed is everyone is supportive. So I was wondering if anyone gets bored of a save after a couple seasons. And in my case I have a problem of buying the same players like Felix as he’s my favorite player. And I’m not interested in doing lower leagues because idk which players are good or not.

I have same problem. I only like making Liverpool careers and play for like 3 seasons on one day and then i start a new

I find a few months into the game I always attempt a save where I can only have players from one nationality and have to sell anyone else. Adds a level of challenge and stops you buying the same old players each time. Also nice to see your managers domestic bias stat at 20 instead of the usual 4 or 5. 😅.

On 14/01/2021 at 17:21, Felix_is_king said:

Thinks it’s normal for this to happen and just as other comments suggest, you start a team and once you feel you’ve done your challenge, then do something else. I never play  a save that lasts longer than 5/6 years and then just get a new idea, try not worry about moving or doing a new save.