Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Wedding Challenge

Alexotelli

My first challenge creation. I was surprised that this challenge didn't exist just yet.

The challenge

The wedding challenge obviously needs some explaining. The idea is simple. If you're traditional, you'll get married with the following things:

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

something-old-something-new-something-borrowed-something-blue-prints.thumb.jpg.cda1c70305a3fd42b121d3495e0dd3ac.jpg

Sooo... how is this a challenge?

• Something old: use a player above the age of 32
  • Something new: use a player under the age of 21
  • Something borrowed: use a player you get on a loan-deal.
  • Something blue: get a player who plays for a club wearing blue (home kit)

So, you need to use all 4 players at the same time. So if you loan a player from Chelsea, this can be the something borrowed or the something blue, not both!

Rules

• Team Choice: You can manage any team in any league available in the vanilla database of the game. Keep in mind: if you pick a team that already wears blue, you still need a player of another ‘blue’ club!
  • Player Choice: You can use any player you wish. You can use them in every position you like.
  • Transfers: Do what you want.
  • Challenge Duration: This is a 1 season challenge.
  • Leaderboard Points: You get a point for every goal or assist one of the 4 player gets.
  • Database: You can use the original DB or winter update but no edited databases.
  • Unlockables: You can not use any unlockables unless earn’t in the save except for coaching badge and manager reputation.
  • Other Rules: No cheating, this includes editing of any kind, reloading to avoid injuries etc.
  • Proof: You need to provide screenshots as proof. This includes player profile and history pages. The best thing to do is start a career thread for us all to follow.

Leaderboard

Something old

@Alexotelli Gonzalo Higuain - Inter Miami CF - 43 points

Something new

@Alexotelli Julian Carranza - Inter Miami CF - 34 points

Something borrowed

@Alexotelli Konrad De la Fuente - Inter Miami CF - 32 points

Something Blue

@Alexotelli Gary Mackay-Steven - Inter Miami CF - 22 points

Total

@Alexotelli Inter Miami CF - 131 points

Edited by Alexotelli

So simple and obvious yet new, I love it. Personally I'd change the blue bit to anyone in a blue shirt day one though to give way more options. 

Nice challenge.

I was just going to say the same as @Ashez about just making it anyone in a blue shirt but it’s not a big deal and Chelsea will do. Should see a nice variety of players used.

I’ll give it a go definitely. 

@Ashez @hhooo @Ian @RichD

Thanks for the nice words.

I also thought about the idea of going for a blue shirt club instead of players with a history at Chelsea. The amount of talent that has played for Chelsea is huuuge, so I thought it was doable. However, I’ll definitely consider to change it doesn’t give enough options. Thanks for the tips!

2 minutes ago, Alexotelli said:

@Ashez @hhooo @Ian @RichD

Thanks for the nice words.

I also thought about the idea of going for a blue shirt club instead of players with a history at Chelsea. The amount of talent that has played for Chelsea is huuuge, so I thought it was doable. However, I’ll definitely consider to change it doesn’t give enough options. Thanks for the tips!

I agree the Chelsea route is viable, it's just needestly limiting imo, especially as it will likely limit the type of clubs you can play as. If it was anyone who plays in blue you could basically play as any club on the game. All the requirements but the Chelsea part are available for every club from lower league to weaker league etc 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I agree the Chelsea route is viable, it's just needestly limiting imo, especially as it will likely limit the type of clubs you can play as. If it was anyone who plays in blue you could basically play as any club on the game. All the requirements but the Chelsea part are available for every club from lower league to weaker league etc 

I’m convinced! Being that the challenge is especially fun to do with unexpected teams and unexpected players, I changed something blue into a player that plays for a team that wears blue!