Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob tries Ronny’s Year Badge - Attempt 2 End

Rob

Just now, FuddledFox said:

Is your device ok Rob as I think I might have needed a new phone after that?

It’s fine. Just. It annoyed me to that point of delirium where it becomes funny. 

Horrible turn of events that is. Luckily my failed attempts have came early but this is the sort of thing I fear I must say.

Still a cracking attempt though and failing with that just doesn’t seem right to me.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Horrible turn of events that is. Luckily my failed attempts have came early but this is the sort of thing I fear I must say.

Still a cracking attempt though and failing with that just doesn’t seem right to me.

Thanks Ian. It just didn’t work. Still the same amount of shots, etc, but the goal rate dried up. I’m not entirely sure it would have gone any better had I played him up top. I think you really need to get a massive first season score for this to be easily done.

Good luck with your attempt and hopefully you do at least one better.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Absolutely loving your sympathy.

I feel your pain well not so much. I missed first 2 attempts by 3 or 4 goals. 1 omg that would be enough to make me want to cry 🤣 im sure youll master it next attempt rob. 

Oh man, that's a sucker punch alright. It's almost like the game knew that was the target and was messing with you... Still, I guess that's football... The wrong result, but I'm sure there was a lot of tension getting down to the wire and we don't often get to experience that in FMM. 

Anyway, I'll stop trying to get you to look on the bright side...

I have to admit, I'm quite worried by this one, I think it's quite hard and not sure how I'm gonna go. 

6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

But I thought Instagram kids and Football Twitters call him “Penaldo” 😂😂

So did I! Infuriating.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Oh man, that's a sucker punch alright. It's almost like the game knew that was the target and was messing with you... Still, I guess that's football... The wrong result, but I'm sure there was a lot of tension getting down to the wire and we don't often get to experience that in FMM. 

Anyway, I'll stop trying to get you to look on the bright side...

I have to admit, I'm quite worried by this one, I think it's quite hard and not sure how I'm gonna go. 

Thanks for your positivity. It does feel a bit like I’ve wasted a season and a half, but it was great fun. It looks like I’ve failed because of the penalty, but I wonder if I subbed him off in previous games incorrectly, etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

So did I! Infuriating.

Thanks for your positivity. It does feel a bit like I’ve wasted a season and a half, but it was great fun. It looks like I’ve failed because of the penalty, but I wonder if I subbed him off in previous games incorrectly, etc etc. 

Unlucky mate, sell him to Oxford!

4 hours ago, Rob said:

So did I! Infuriating.

Haha, yeah, it's almost certainly not the obvious thing (ie the missed penalty), it's that in a whole year one of the many many other things that could have got a goal, didn't... There's no way to pinpoint a single moment and say that was definitely the cause...

Still, he should have nailed that penalty! 🤣

2 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Ah mate that is frustrating! Penalty king Ronaldo goes and does that ☹️ great effort though.

Cheers Smog. I feel like I’ve earnt a ‘Best Loser’ medal or something. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Haha, yeah, it's almost certainly not the obvious thing (ie the missed penalty), it's that in a whole year one of the many many other things that could have got a goal, didn't... There's no way to pinpoint a single moment and say that was definitely the cause...

Still, he should have nailed that penalty! 🤣

Yep, and I am now at a point where I kinda want to give it another go. It’s like being punched in the face, the bruise disappearing, and then going back to get punched again. I have a different tactic this time, with him still as a T. 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

So did I! Infuriating.

I usually subbed him if he scored 2 goals and it got to the 50th -55min mark. You know yourself when ur playing in game weather its going in favour. If you feel he can score more keep him on. However chances he will play next game are slim as he gets jaded real fast. 

Attempt Two - Year Start

From my secret lair I have concocted a plan to try and finally defeat the villainy of this challenge.

After messing around a tiny bit and experimenting I’ve finally settled on a tactic and we reached January looking like this:

B5BE4F1F-92F6-4D51-B487-19D346019BB5.thumb.jpeg.e7fdac5689dc1817ebed1a485617f23d.jpeg902371C8-96D1-4AFF-A46E-89FCF5B33F88.thumb.jpeg.d003061ff74419ab1f1bc76777068c23.jpeg

So basically any goals in the next calendar year count towards the score... and I have to match 78. 
Thanks for reading! Hopefully we get it this time!

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Good luck. Hopefully this attempt is successful. 👍

Fingers crossed. Absolutely hate this challenge.

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Feels like almost a year since the last you post. Good luck cracking this.

Cheers Sandwich. It was two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

How many times have you tried this one mate? 👀

Good luck Rodney!

This is my second attempt. Cheers Dave

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Fingers crossed. Absolutely hate this challenge.

Cheers Sandwich. It was two weeks. 

This is my second attempt. Cheers Dave

Hmmmm try 87th 😂

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Hmmmm try 87th 😂

It may have taken you that long, but I am confident I will do it in two (hundred).

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Fingers and toes crossed.

Good luck.

Cheers Ian. Imagine if you could actually cross all your toes by themselves. 

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Best of luck fella. Looking good so far. 👍

Thanks handsome 

On 09/03/2021 at 20:02, Albionic said:

Good luck mate, sure you will smash it!

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed.

On 09/03/2021 at 21:43, FuddledFox said:

Ronaldo looks primed and ready to explode for you so I’m sure you will get it this time which ever attempt number it actually is.

Cheers Fantastic Mr. And it’s definitely just my second attempt. 🤪

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed.

Cheers Fantastic Mr. And it’s definitely just my second attempt today. 🤪

Fixed it

Attempt 2 - Summer Holiday

’Half-way’ through this challenge is the end of the first season. I sat ‘half-way’ in quote marks as it isn’t really, since there are a lot of games post-Christmas in season one!

I made a few transfers.

Spoiler

C61B3C3C-F7BD-4216-B0DA-D91D43C415C1.thumb.jpeg.36018919d2912977aa147c533c8f732d.jpeg3274E5DA-00E6-4AC5-9AF2-30842890A9FD.thumb.jpeg.fc3a70d46d784ca2b83f395eb5cf50dc.jpeg5E85DB7A-B899-4BDC-B30D-4F79300EAC33.thumb.jpeg.03fff0726bb9e9e99e73fa505ec7bc58.jpeg9908049F-4DAE-44F6-B305-4A3BFA6AFD7F.thumb.jpeg.a7ab344b664eea5766fd90cf1a1342c4.jpeg

Real Madrid have a stupid number of players you can financially capitalise on, which allows you to pretty much build any squad you want. Ronaldo cost me a lot more than I expected.

He looks like this...

D0AB587B-7F98-41A4-BA9A-EC14BF87E093.thumb.jpeg.ee4b112097ec0b500482783577fab8c7.jpeg

...which shows a horrible level of physicals. Yuck! But he did lead us to a clean sweep.

481018B2-B8B0-496A-B415-2691108E51FA.thumb.jpeg.807c123f62355834e00e27e3a18136ee.jpeg

As for his score so far, he ended the season with 81 goals.

42FA8A9E-B022-4552-A419-13EBA060D13B.thumb.jpeg.8398d70d62d8c1949c04feb06ac52470.jpeg

81 - 33 gives us 48 goals so far, meaning we need 30 from season 2 (until the end of the year) to get the 78 goals needed for the Badge? Considering we missed out last time needing a similar number I don’t hope much hope.

Thanks for reading my second - honestly! - attempt!