Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob tries Ronny’s Year Badge - Attempt 2 End

Rob

That's a fantastic start Rob.30 goals is a nice number to aim for during the second part of the challenge. I found reverting back to 3 subs makes life harder as you will be obviously resting Ronnie most games at some point during the match leaving you to flog the rest of the team. Good squad management from here on. 

When you said you made a 'few' transfers, you weren't kidding

Welcome back mate! I'm a bit sparse around here at the moment, so missed that you were back. That's a good start, reckon you're going to go close - probably fall say 1 short. 😄 Nah, you'll do it. 

48 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

That's a fantastic start Rob.30 goals is a nice number to aim for during the second part of the challenge. I found reverting back to 3 subs makes life harder as you will be obviously resting Ronnie most games at some point during the match leaving you to flog the rest of the team. Good squad management from here on. 

When you said you made a 'few' transfers, you weren't kidding

Cheers Billy. Totally agree on the subs. You get used to having 5 and really need to factor it in to transfers.

26 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Welcome back mate! I'm a bit sparse around here at the moment, so missed that you were back. That's a good start, reckon you're going to go close - probably fall say 1 short. 😄 Nah, you'll do it. 

Thanks mate. I’m slowly catching up on things. A lot has happened! 

Excellent work. Ronaldo is declining for sure and cost you a silly amount but he definately didnt disappoint.

Well done mate. That badge is on its way.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Excellent work. Ronaldo is declining for sure and cost you a silly amount but he definately didnt disappoint.

Well done mate. That badge is on its way.

Yeah, a ridiculous amount. Madrid just weren’t budging. I even tried throwing in a bag of Haribo and copies of Steve Bruce’s kids football novels. Thanks mate.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

If you get this, we’ll party mate, come on Rob Dahl 🤞🏻

We can crack open Zoom and go wild. Then you can drink too much and claim you aren’t drinking again for another 37 years.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

You’ve got this Rob I’m sure.

Thanks Mr Fox. If I do it’ll all be down to the shiney new background on my profile. Thanks again for that! 

1 hour ago, Albionic said:

Good luck mate, its looking good so far!

Cheers Albi, much appreciated. I think this one and your Buffon one are the two most challenging Badges. The Babes one is tricky too, but at least you have two seasons to get the CL final.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Forgot to say your fingers must have slipped in writing the title of this topic as well mate 😝

This has confused me. You must be drinking already.

26 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yeah, a ridiculous amount. Madrid just weren’t budging. I even tried throwing in a bag of Haribo and copies of Steve Bruce’s kids football novels. Thanks mate.

We can crack open Zoom and go wild. Then you can drink too much and claim you aren’t drinking again for another 37 years.

Thanks Mr Fox. If I do it’ll all be down to the shiney new background on my profile. Thanks again for that! 

Cheers Albi, much appreciated. I think this one and your Buffon one are the two most challenging Badges. The Babes one is tricky too, but at least you have two seasons to get the CL final.

This has confused me. You must be drinking already.

See thats what scuppered a cheaper deal. Thise books were seen as a insult.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

See thats what scuppered a cheaper deal. Thise books were seen as a insult.

Haha. Hey bet you have each and every one of them! 

Attempt #2 - The End

We ended the first part of this challenge with 48 goals meaning we need 30 goals by the end of the year in Season 2. 

Martinez and Isak come in to strengthen the forward line. Williams is nice and versatile. Onana provides competition for the goalkeeping position and I had money to use up.

CD4435F5-34AB-425D-B097-A212D0571ED3.thumb.jpeg.5cfa1a8dc08026ef07e9c6c2b55144d2.jpeg6B2DC6B9-9C14-4453-8DD4-1D1A49D01CB2.thumb.jpeg.284e08ccf524a8acb0d3c4f04bc99bcf.jpeg

I went for goals and was in second place in the league when we finished. 

058CDEAF-FED1-43BF-842D-12E716913522.thumb.jpeg.2569bbbd0954c11aae5cdc01e9c82976.jpeg

Ronaldo got 31 goals in 25 games. He started with a bang and I thought it would be a much higher score, but we scraped through.

FE778C26-FA06-4390-A4CB-F9BA3480A72D.thumb.jpeg.93c0df77dfa6028bd2446766eafe51c0.jpeg

His total score was 79 which passes the benchmark. @FuddledFox, please can you add me to the leaderboard?

Thanks for reading! 

10 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Well played Robbie.

Thank you Foxie

8 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Well done Robert

Thanks Kipbert

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

Congratulations Rob. Always nice to get this one done.

Thanks Ian, and I wholeheartedly agree! 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Thanks Ian, and I wholeheartedly agree! 

Yeah imagine if it would have taken 70 odd times it would be painful.

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah imagine if it would have taken 70 odd times it would be painful.

I’d imagine so too. Good job I only took a good old 69.

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well done mate. Glad you finally got over the line. 👍

Finally! A long old slog. Thanks buddy.

9 hours ago, Albionic said:

Great work mate, you got there in the end, probably one of the hardest single season challenges on this place!

Cheers mate. I totally agree on that. Vile challenge created by the mind of a monster.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Cheers mate. I totally agree on that. Vile challenge created by the mind of a monster.

Was easy.