Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries The 3x1KC [Season 19 - The Finale]

Scratch

This has been in the back of my mind since I got the Buck Wild TT Blaster tactic working again in FMM21. Sure, it leads to a lot of goals for the 3 strikers, but just how far can you go with it? Would it be possible, with the right players and the right team, to get all three strikers to 1K? The question lingered...

I started a save at Celtic to try this, but paused it to go back to the Bruno and Jesus (again) badges. Once finished, I returned to Celtic and completed the season. It looked quite promising.

Before proceeding to season 2 however, I went to Beijing to try out my old 1KC tactic, using Carrillo. I was shocked how easy it was to buy very good players. I started wondering if it might be better to try the 3x1KC there instead. So I started a save and played the first season. It also looked quite promising.

I had to settle down and pick a save to continue with. We played 10 less games in the Beijing save (it's a 30 game league), but the number of goals scored was about the same. I liked the idea that I could get through the seasons quicker (and that we'd get more GPG!) and I was in the groove with that save, so... Beijing it is!!

Of course, I may regret this in a few seasons when my strikers all want to leave and won't sign new contracts, but everything I've seen so far makes it look like it might not be as bad as I'd expect. So far no-one has wanted to leave and I even had one player reject offers from Newcastle (WTF) and West Ham (fair enough) to stay in Beijing. I probably should have loaded another league so I could change clubs, but it's too late now...

It's 3x1KC or bust...

Edited by Scratch
1 minute ago, Scratch said:

I even had one player reject offers from Newcastle (WTF) and West Ham (fair enough) to stay in Beijing

I can’t stop laughing at this 🤣.

You didn’t give any clue about this. I’m guessing it’ll be Pellegri one of them?

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I can’t stop laughing at this 🤣.

You didn’t give any clue about this. I’m guessing it’ll be Pellegri one of them?

Haha, yeah, I obviously couldn't blame him for wanting to go to St James Park, that's every player's dream surely. But I guess he likes the Beijing food too much... 

Yep, Pellegri is one of them. And his old partner in crime (I often pair them). And one more that many have discussed this year, but I haven't used before. No surprises, except that they can all be signed in Beijing, never would happen in real life.

And I actually have a 4th striker. At one point I was thinking I might go for 4x1KC, but then reality bit, and I realised that was idiotic... I'll still try to get him as many goals as I can though. Maybe it will be a 3.5x1KC... 🤣

Haha, yeah, I just said in a DM that if I don't post this I'll end up going off to do a badge and never come back to this and be floating around forever. Now that I posted it, I gotta try it, whether I crash and burn or not!

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Haha, yeah, I obviously couldn't blame him for wanting to go to St James Park, that's every player's dream surely. But I guess he likes the Beijing food too much... 

Yep, Pellegri is one of them. And his old partner in crime (I often pair them). And one more that many have discussed this year, but I haven't used before. No surprises, except that they can all be signed in Beijing, never would happen in real life.

And I actually have a 4th striker. At one point I was thinking I might go for 4x1KC, but then reality bit, and I realised that was idiotic... I'll still try to get him as many goals as I can though. Maybe it will be a 3.5x1KC... 🤣

I’ll take a look on who’s the other 2, should be really interesting 

I’ve read in the general discussion and you said that you always pair Pellegri with Esposito so I’m guessing it’s him.

For the 3rd guy I think it’ll be Musiala or probably Boadu

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’ve read in the general discussion and you said that you always pair Pellegri with Esposito so I’m guessing it’s him.

For the 3rd guy I think it’ll be Musiala or probably Boadu

Haha, I couldn't sign Musiala (I think they wanted too much money) and didn't think of Boadu until too late. So not them, sorry... 😄

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Haha, I couldn't sign Musiala (I think they wanted too much money) and didn't think of Boadu until too late. So not them, sorry... 😄

You signed 2 Italians. I think it’ll be another Italian. Probably Gnonto, Salcedo or Colombo. I’ve used Colombo and he’s such a beast for me. I really hope it’s him. 

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

You signed 2 Italians. I think it’ll be another Italian. Probably Gnonto, Salcedo or Colombo. I’ve used Colombo and he’s such a beast for me. I really hope it’s him. 

Sorry, forgot to say yep on Esposito! Maybe I am losing it... 😄 But of course it's him.

I wasn't clever enough to choose an Italian for the 3rd one. I will probably dip into ITN at some point, but would rather avoid it if I can. But didn't factor it into my choice.

I might not be happy around the Africa Cup of Nations time though...

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Sorry, forgot to say yep on Esposito! Maybe I am losing it... 😄 But of course it's him.

I wasn't clever enough to choose an Italian for the 3rd one. I will probably dip into ITN at some point, but would rather avoid it if I can. But didn't factor it into my choice.

Ok enough guessing for me. I’ll give someone else a chance 😂

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Ok enough guessing for me. I’ll give someone else a chance 😂

Haha, fair enough! I'll write season one up later tonight hopefully... Gotta step away for a bit and get dinner ready...

11 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I'm thinking about your old friend Sekou Koita (do you still owe him a 1K? 😂) , but since you mentioned you haven't used him before, maybe Youssouph Badji?

22 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

I'm thinking about your old friend Sekou Koita (do you still owe him a 1K? 😂) , but since you mentioned you haven't used him before, maybe Youssouph Badji?

Not Koita (though I do still owe him a 1KC I guess, maybe one day). But yep, Mr Badji it is! 👍

So, it's Esposito, Pellegri and Badji in Beijing. And the 4th striker, is Kaio Jorge... 

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

Badji is a great choice. I was going to use him for Goaltopia but he is proving far too popular everywhere! 

Yeah, there was a part of me that wanted to use all new strikers that aren't popular, but not a gamble worth taking when going for an ambitious target - so I stuck to the boring predictable choices that should do well.

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, there was a part of me that wanted to use all new strikers that aren't popular, but not a gamble worth taking when going for an ambitious target - so I stuck to the boring predictable choices that should do well.

And you started yours beforehand too.

Just now, Rob said:

And you started yours beforehand too.

Well, I still knew that these were popular strikers. And they are all on the Wonderkids list. So yeah, it's a boring but sensible choice. See I'm crazy with the goals themselves, but boring AF with the choices inside that! 😄

Good luck mate, it's one I've been so tempted with myself and I'm about 3 seasons into a Rangers career i might just post as a standard TT, i don't think I've got the right setup yet for a 3x1k.

Anyway nice choice of players and really look forward to following this!

9 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Good luck mate, it's one I've been so tempted with myself and I'm about 3 seasons into a Rangers career i might just post as a standard TT, i don't think I've got the right setup yet for a 3x1k.

Anyway nice choice of players and really look forward to following this!

Thanks mate. I couldn't even consider this except the Buck Wild TT Blaster tactic is ... buck wild I guess! Still not sure I'm going to be able to make it, but I'll have fun trying as there are a lot of goals to be had in China with this tactic...

Edited by Scratch

Love the ambition of this.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Well, I still knew that these were popular strikers. And they are all on the Wonderkids list. So yeah, it's a boring but sensible choice. See I'm crazy with the goals themselves, but boring AF with the choices inside that! 😄

I don’t see using WK’s as boring on a save like this because you have an ambitious target to get.

Good luck Scratch, look forward to seeing how you get along with this one. As you pointed out to me before maybe I could do this with my Celtic one as well, hopefully I can get back to that at some point and give you some competition 😉😂

Season 1

Let's jump straight into it (and gloss over the fact that I forgot to get Before shots of the players)...

Transfers

Spoiler

beijing-3x1K-s1-19.jpg.123ff7e4512581ad3996d8e3549b0ba4.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-20.jpg.37c91a954258bb5b1dd7cc5ea6a7f4e5.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-21.jpg.b70cca909a8d26fa223e85ba7697c2e1.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-22.jpg.a31ddea18c11487d8b59d5d03fa6e789.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-23.jpg.d72af97add9ce978eb2150dbfdb8b5f1.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-05.jpg.7274068c4afebdf78dfda8f7346eb621.jpg

Where to start?

• I tried to sell the existing overseas players so I'd have more money to shape my squad. Augusto and Fernando were surprisingly easy to sell, but it took a long time before someone came in for Vieira (which is weird as I think he's the best of the three). 
  • I sold any Chinese players I could sell (if they've got ITN caps you can generally sell them, but if not, forget it!).
  • I even sold a few players (mid-season) that I bought early on, but who didn't get a gig as we further strengthened the team.
  • I bought the 4 lads (Esposito, Pellegri, Badji and KJ).
  • I signed up Aerial mentor extraordinaire, Guido Carrillo.
  • I signed a bunch of my usual suspects (Amiri, Lainez, Onguene, Cook, Livakovic, Matvienko, Henrique, Pavon and the other Luis Suarez).
  • I signed the pick of the free agents (Wilshere very useful at this level).
  • Special shout out to Thorsby who I used a lot a few years back before disappearing off my radar until this save.
  • I had to take a chance on some others I didn't know so well.
  • All of the signings had 50% sell on. Some had to have their work permit rejection appealed (won some, lost some). I was particularly unhappy that Miranda's was rejected, he would have been great here...
  • I got in loan signings to cover the cracks. And yes, I did loan Moriba twice, Barca took him back because I just sat him on the bench, made me loan him again midseason...

Sadly, I ended up playing overseas players only. I'd like to play some Chinese players, but they are all a long way behind the overseas players and we have to get to 3x1K...

Tactics

The Buck Wild TT Blaster is back:

beijing-3x1K-s1-26.jpg.e0f2ce014458532f879f001cbdebfd2a.jpg

Results

Well, we won everything on offer, which wasn't hard with this team, when you look at who we're playing against. I'll be surprised if we don't win everything all the time in this save:

beijing-3x1K-s1-17.jpg.b1f0c20948f1a70d0ee0d8f389dcef01.jpg

Getting 134 goals in 30 games was pretty satisfying. We slowed down in the second half of the season or it would have been more.

Spoiler

beijing-3x1K-s1-11.jpg.e44ec763d49f9e0d68235ef1d100fe81.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-15.jpg.522aa32b28fa3f47f2a8b4392f0018c0.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-16.jpg.b852422bfa5d79874ef8c41da2569fb1.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-18.jpg.7ed2a4259346f55f3927c5de51c00fc6.jpg

Across all competitions we had 231 goals in 50 games. If I can lift that to average 250 per season, then we'll have 5K goals in 20 seasons, 3K of which have to go to our main 3.

Injuries

Spoiler

beijing-3x1K-s1-02.jpg.a2cf41bad43c80d4c56d139601df850b.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-04.jpg.c5e6bcb60c22e20a7fc16381f661e6c0.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-08.jpg.a099e4f2b4d5af78d9e2705a8c2be52d.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-09.jpg.51b8421b652e9eb107955d21b96cddea.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-13.jpg.374cc22e281ef220161c7d683e99ecfe.jpg

I seem to have missed a screenshot for a Badji injury that kept him out for a long chunk, but I think I got the rest:

• Pellegri: 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 weeks (not a lot of luck there)
  • Badju: 2 weeks (plus the one I'm missing)
  • Esposito: 10 days 

Not a great season, but that seems to be the new version. At least with 3.5 strikers, I can keep on playing when one goes down.

The Lads

What a lovely looking bunch:

beijing-3x1K-s1-27.jpg.376a07a92f5459f39a3aa0bf7d61e88e.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-29.jpg.903bdd5029162135bbbc56deb5bb25a4.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-33.jpg.2dacaf7a9d54a74b87e615634e7e5166.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-31.jpg.a1c46fd3d924bc649bd439c9f9dd5e86.jpg

Goals Galore

Show us the score!

beijing-3x1K-s1-24.jpg.800763af509f202e6d5e86ce17e06215.jpg

Spoiler

beijing-3x1K-s1-28.jpg.5e511e5d41af51bbfb67fb110ddf30ed.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-30.jpg.0edf9e13151f2afed1eba57ec70251bd.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-34.jpg.10584b959a08168b2eacf1691a6aea13.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s1-32.jpg.5d0712724ba816a4eaa9b381d98d124d.jpg

So that gives us:

Season Esposito Pellegri Badji KJ (Bonus)
01 38 19 24 27
Total 38 19 24 27

Not a bad start. A goal a game for Esposito and Badji. Pellegri disappointing, but had a lot of injuries. KJ doing well as the back up. Of course with the lads being younger, there is a lot of resting them etc. 

We'll need to ramp it up soon though if we're going to make 3x1K - they need to be averaging 50 goals a season for 20 years (and even that's a stretch given they are all at least 19 at the end of the season, no 16 year olds here). 

I could be headed for glorious failure here, but what's life without a few risks, hey?

38 minutes ago, Woody said:

Good luck mate. Looking forward to s1 results now. 

Thanks mate, just posted them. A little underwhelming for the lads individually, but pretty big for the first season at a team level..

23 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Love the ambition of this.

I don’t see using WK’s as boring on a save like this because you have an ambitious target to get.

Thanks mate. It's really probably a bit too ambitious (for me anyway). I think we'll get 5K goals, but not sure I can get 3K to the right people... But still, I think I can give it a fair shake and it's been in the back of my mind for a week or two and I figured what the hell. Worth a shot... 

16 minutes ago, RichD said:

Good luck Scratch, look forward to seeing how you get along with this one. As you pointed out to me before maybe I could do this with my Celtic one as well, hopefully I can get back to that at some point and give you some competition 😉😂

Thanks mate. I'm gonna give this a crack alright, but based on this years results so far, I reckon you'd have a better chance than me - so you should definitely give it a shot some time. 😄

added 0 minutes later
4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Impressive start mate. 

Thanks mate, would have like more goals to the lads, but with injuries and resting ... well typical first season for me... 

All your careers always take until season 3 to really hit the levels you do, so by then it’ll be in full ScratchyMegaGoal style using your BroncoBuster Audi TT tactic. By then your transfer dealings have maximised and the players are improved enough to smash in a bazillion goals.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

All your careers always take until season 3 to really hit the levels you do, so by then it’ll be in full ScratchyMegaGoal style using your BroncoBuster Audi TT tactic. By then your transfer dealings have maximised and the players are improved enough to smash in a bazillion goals.

Haha, you've seen through my cunning plan to make sure I can get the best odds! Bad start, place the bet, blitz it! 😄

Nah... Yeah, what you said - it just takes some time for me to get the squad in the right shape and fully levelled up (I'm always using youngsters who'll be great in a few seasons)...