Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries The 3x1KC [Season 19 - The Finale]

Scratch

@Dai_ @broodje kip - thanks fellas. The funny thing is that I took the screenshot showing he was up to 45 goals, thinking "great this is nice and close, I need to get screenshots so I can do a good write up of the hunt" and the very next game he gets injured! 🤦‍♂️

It would have been a tight and tense run in, so a shame it didn't happen, but that's football I guess.

As for whether he signs a contract or not, well, I know that now... Not saying yet though! 😁

Never thought I would feel so much tension and anticipation in reading through someone else's career thread.
My finger nails have nearly all gone.

18 hours ago, SK15Kev said:

Never thought I would feel so much tension and anticipation in reading through someone else's career thread.
My finger nails have nearly all gone.

Haha, you should see mine! No finger nails at all anymore.. :D

added 0 minutes later
17 hours ago, Rob said:

#prayforcontractsigning

Did the praying work? Maybe. We'll see very very shortly. 

15 hours ago, Rich said:

Ohhh wow @Scratch, I hope he signs a new deal mate, this would be tragic if he finishes 9 goals off. It really is squeaky peach time 😂

Thanks mate. That would be tragic! Like the time I fell 7 goals short of my 1.5K target because Colidio did a shock retirement at the start of the season...

Oh well. I better kill the suspense:

beijing-3x1K-s19-01.jpg.9c34a0ece2be088ff312c0dcfa5413e0.jpg

I had to wait until his contract had expired, but then he was happy to negotiate and only wanted about a fifth of his previous salary...

Phew... Was a bit nervy, but ultimately all the worry was about nothing...

I signed him for another 5 years, but won't need that long of course. In fact I should be able to wrap it up quickly now. Badji only needs 9 goals and Esposito needs 34, so I should be able to wrap that up next season.

Something terrible happened in the next season however:

beijing-3x1K-s19-07.jpg.75a23bb5f6785e43137fff4493da2fce.jpg

We lost a game! 

That brings our unbeaten run of 839 games to an end:

beijing-3x1K-s19-08.jpg.4bafdad8efc0d10bb8b0a633b44e0dee.jpg

Had to happen sooner or later, in fact I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier, but at the same time it was a bit of a shock!

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Something terrible happened in the next season however:

beijing-3x1K-s19-07.jpg.75a23bb5f6785e43137fff4493da2fce.jpg

We lost a game! 

That brings our unbeaten run of 839 games to an end:

beijing-3x1K-s19-08.jpg.4bafdad8efc0d10bb8b0a633b44e0dee.jpg

Had to happen sooner or later, in fact I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier, but at the same time it was a bit of a shock!

Lol against Melbourne Victory of all teams!

Also you were fm'd something rotten there!

Edited by geordiekrispy
2 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Lol against Melbourne Victory of all teams!

Also you were fm'd something rotten there!

Haha, yeah, I know right? Damn Aussie teams...

But actually we've had more and more game like that as the lads got older, where we weren't as dominant as earlier on and it was only a matter of time until someone nicked a win against us...

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Contract signed! Get in! Let’s not pretend you didn’t do a little celebration when it happened.

Haha, I forgot to breath for a while there... Was pretty relieved. Means the rest should be a walk in now... And without giving away too many spoilers, I've wrapped the career up now, will post later tonight or tomorrow (short on time tonight)

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Happy days Scratch, I’m sure you’ll go on to complete this next season now mate 🤞🏻

Yeah, thanks mate. Not even I could blow it from here...

Spoiler

Or could I?

Spoiler

Nah... no way...

7 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

That’s brilliant that he signed the contract in the end!

That unbeaten run 🤩

Yeah, it was a relief, but I half suspected he would after Pellegri did the same thing a year before. And it's the same pattern we've seen over and over - some players won't sign until it actually expires and they will. Was just worried whether a 37 yo might say "Nah stuff this, I'm hitting the golf course!".

As for the unbeaten run, goes to show you how weak China, especially when you have a world class team. Even FMM gave up trying to FMM me for 15 seasons or something! 🤣

Absolutely love that you are not telling us how it goes, but in the same breath telling us the career is finished. Hahahahaha. 

On 28/04/2021 at 18:36, broodje kip said:

Finally he signs the contract!

The lost seems suspicious though. I suspect you lose on purpose 🧐

Haha, well I admit that if I'd finished the 3x1KC and I was still unbeaten I might have had to keep going, so I'm sort of relieved to have lost (time to move on to something else now). But I didn't lose on purpose.

When the lads were in their prime we never even looked like losing. We're 3-0 after 30 minutes? No worries, it will be 3-3 by half time and we'll steamroll them. Every single time. Though we'd only ship that many goals once or twice a season in the first place.

Near the end though, things got much more dicey. I thought I was going to lose quite a few times over the last season or two, but they always pulled at least a draw out. But my luck ran out with that one... 

On 28/04/2021 at 18:38, Rob said:

Absolutely love that you are not telling us how it goes, but in the same breath telling us the career is finished. Hahahahaha. 

Haha, sorry, was planning to post it that night, but had some deadlines at work and some other stuff come up. Even now, I only just came to the site and it's 12:40am... But I'll post shortly! 

8 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Haha, well I admit that if I'd finished the 3x1KC and I was still unbeaten I might have had to keep going, so I'm sort of relieved to have lost (time to move on to something else now). But I didn't lose on purpose.

When the lads were in their prime we never even looked like losing. We're 3-0 after 30 minutes? No worries, it will be 3-3 by half time and we'll steamroll them. Every single time. Though we'd only ship that many goals once or twice a season in the first place.

Near the end though, things got much more dicey. I thought I was going to lose quite a few times over the last season or two, but they always pulled at least a draw out. But my luck ran out with that one... 

This is very relatable! I remember losing 4-0 after like 20 minutes but I’m very much relaxed because I know my boys will make a comeback. The match ended 4-5 😂

Season 19

I'll make this quick. No need for results or transfers, this time around - the only question that matters is "did both Badji and Esposito make it to 1K this season"?

As a reminder, here's what they needed:

• Badji: 9 goals, which should be trivial even with his very low attributes (unless he got a 9 month injury or something)
  • Esposito: 34 goals, which should be achievable given Badji scored 51 last season and Esposito is in better shape

So did they reach those targets?

I could try to drag this out, but let's not do that this time around. Yes, they got the goals and they did so by the halfway mark of the season:

beijing-3x1K-s19-15.jpg.f2bda27ad8b2792f4f2cad73d8c37ff7.jpg

And because I'm ready to move on, I called stumps straight away and packed it in.

At the end of the save, the lads looked like this (ouch! the lads will enjoy a rest alright):

beijing-3x1K-s19-16.jpg.5af0b96e5b67a28c59cbbc554473b557.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s19-18.jpg.a5991b6143baea00ddd7c4e97373e6ea.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s19-20.jpg.75199637a0da6433c61436a10f3c94a5.jpg

And their history screens looked like this:

beijing-3x1K-s19-17.jpg.f02c7d6bf2d87b03f8fc0b39d960c361.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s19-19.jpg.b9dbf6faa5b378183fdc19397222250f.jpg

beijing-3x1K-s19-21.jpg.13974ff6ef1e81336b640473a3b0149a.jpg

Which leaves us with the following totals:

Season Esposito Pellegri Badji
01 38 19 24
02 60 63 50
03 41 71 51
04 60 65 49
05 65 78 56
06 59 65 59
07 52 51 81
08 74 46 62
09 59 60 65
10 55 82 63
11 62 69 89
12 68 56 68
13 56 69 64
14 61 49 41
15 56 39 45
16 35 72 34
17 27 47 39
18 38 12 51
19 35 7 17
Total 1001 1020 1008

And three separate 1KCs achieved in parallel... It began as a super ambitious dream that I thought I'd never achieve, but in the end we cruised over the line. Great lads I tell you.

I won't add any of these to the 1KC leaderboard for reasons I've discussed before (knowing too much about too many of the players), this one was purely for fun. And fun it was!

Speaking of fun, we'd saved up more than £2.6B to spend on our farewell party:

beijing-3x1K-s19-22.jpg.a1e1ee5888c44dc33581147284ad1eb1.jpg

Let me tell you, it was epic. I can't share the details, but those lads know how to party. Oh sh!t, I think a tiger just walked past the door!

In other news, I've accepted a job somewhere else - one of the lads put me in touch with one of their former clubs who were wanting to recreate past glories. Not sure if I will write it up or not yet though, it feels serious, but I'm not sure I'll go the distance with it...

Anyway, thanks for reading and see you around!

Edited by Scratch

What a career this has been mate, enjoyed following it. Celebrate with a couple of Newcastle browns 😂

Also this proves Esposito and Pellegri are the best ever 😝

1 minute ago, Rich said:

What a career this has been mate, enjoyed following it. Celebrate with a couple of Newcastle browns 😂

Also this proves Esposito and Pellegri are the best ever 😝

Thanks mate. All out of brown ales, might pick some up next time I go to the bottle shop. Although given this was a China career, I should probably get some TsingTao's instead. Or maybe as well! 😄

They are indeed the best ever, though Pellegri got nuked in the winter update, which makes me cry... 😭

YES! I was the sceptical one at times. There's a comment in there that doubted it would be done. I'm very happy to be wrong. Although, I always had my fingers crossed. 

This has been one of my favourite careers to follow. Well done, Sir.

That's you & I completed our Chinese challenges. Still waiting on @Rich with Luzzi. 🙄🤣

Well done on the long slog. It definitely seemed touch and go at times.at the end there.

Glad to see you complete it and with relative ease ;)

Looking forward to the next one!

Brilliant!!! A very enjoyable career throughout. It’s perfect with the rise, fall and rise again. Also how you almost left Esposito out and all the frustration. Well done 👏👏

I think you need a rest after that mate.

Brilliant career to follow and to get 3 1k's in a single save at the same time is nuts. I salute you. 

The Geordie force was definately with you 👍