Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat World League - changes.txt

Pete123

Hi all, just a quick one. Has anyone been able to make changes to starting leagues in @hege18's excellent World League database? In previous years I could move teams around the starting leagues through the changes.txt, but this year it doesn't seem possible despite trying lots of different ways.

This is not a criticism of his work, just a preference. For example I think a "real" world league would have at least one Chinese and one US team in the top division, so I just want to increase the realism. 

If the only way to do it is through a hex editor I'm prepared to give it a go, but I wanted to check this first. 

13 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Out of curiosity, which Chinese and American clubs would you put in the top league?

It doesn't really matter, and I'd probably just see who finished top of the league last season. Or the big names - LA Galaxy, NYCFC, Guangzhou, etc...

8 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

It doesn't really matter, and I'd probably just see who finished top of the league last season. Or the big names - LA Galaxy, NYCFC, Guangzhou, etc...

LA Galaxy are 10th in the Western Conference while NYFC are 5th in the Eastern Conference. Don’t think they’d be anywhere near top league. Even if it’s 24 team league there would be more other league in Europe deserves it.

Guangzhou are debatable as they’re top of the CSL but still they would be in the 3rd league at max

6 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Thanks for your answer. I'm not really looking for a debate on team strengths to be honest, but help on editing.

You can. If I remembered correctly, @hege18 's WSL is a database. You can make changes using the hex editor. From what I have seen so far, they haven't touched cups' seedings, so you'll only have to swap leagues' ID for clubs. Be careful though, this is not something beginners should do - one wrong step and you may ended up crashing your game repeatedly until you delete the database!

...Personally, I don't really like the idea of a Super League, since it can potentially mess up your game if certain leagues are loaded. But if you still wish to do so, use Hex editor to check the leagues' ID (competition.dat) and change your clubs' competition ID (can be found by comparing with what you have searched in the dat file I mentioned, and they stand before FF FF) to what you want. Do the same with a club that you want to swap out.

Another thing to note is that @hege18 use EPL as the base league, so you'd need to edit the 2 values behind the team's abbreviated name to 8B 00, and edit those for the swapped cup to the original value.

Thanks! That's really helpful. I'll wait and see if there is a changes.txt option before dipping into hex editing but then I'll give it a go. I appreciate your guides to hex editing, which are very good indeed.

One quick question - as Hege18 has already moved all the clubs into England, do I then just need to swap the competition name to move a team from the second division to the first, and vice-versa? i.e. I only need to do what you explain in your second paragraph above?

Edited by Pete123
5 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Thanks! That's really helpful. I'll wait and see if there is a changes.txt option before dipping into hex editing but then I'll give it a go. I appreciate your guides to hex editing, which are very good indeed.

One quick question - as Hege18 has already moved all the clubs into England, do I then just need to swap the competition name to move a team from the second division to the first, and vice-versa? i.e. I only need to do what you explain in your second paragraph above?

Yeah, you'd need to swap a club to another league to balance the number of teams.

17 hours ago, Pete123 said:

@NguyenDucAnh just to say thanks again - I just did my first hex edit and it worked. Much appreciated. 👍

Yes! Finally someone got it right!

It's great to see that you've succeeded. If you have something to ask, let me know. I might not be as active as before (still waiting for my account deletion), but I'll try my best to be helpful.