Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Goal-a-Mile: Ticket to Ride - Europe (COMPLETED)

Hello everyone,

I had this idea back in late December when I was rolling around Augusta with @broodje kip and @RichD as I loved how much fun is to play FMM alongside other players. This game is inspired from the famous board game Ticket to Ride where you need to build railroads between cities to earn points. We don't have railroads bits in FMM but we have goals and a cool challenge created by @Ashez back in 2015, see link here

And we have the board, the map of Europe with the available countries from the game (except UK and Ireland, we'll use those in later edition).

364381960_RideMap.thumb.jpg.abd290e7b901d8db66e542267c947795.jpg

And what game would be if I would not have an assistant, the lovely Mrs. Richenda Davies... yes, @RichD is a girl. Sexy as chick and smart like a chicken! She will create and deliver the routes to the participants and give a cool bonus each season. 

How it works?

1. Each participant will receive a route (it is secret so other participant will not know what your destination is. Each route will be 1150-1200 miles long).
  2. Each participant should load the nations that will help him complete his route, max 4 out of 9 (Portugal, Germany, France, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, and Italy). Only load first and second league from your desired nations.
  3. You need to start at one end and finish at the other end, in short you need to become the manager of the clubs at your route ends. At what end you start is up to you.
  4. After you take charge of a club you need to select 3 players (any position you want) that will turn their goals into miles. You need to pick your players before your first official game. Each goal they score equals one mile.
  5. For the players that you will buy for the new club and make part of the 3 players group you must offer them a minimum 3 years contract.
  6. You cannot change the players until you take on another club. You can change the player/s that will retire, leave on bosman or a club triggers his Minimum Fee Release. For the ones that you will lose on bosman or from Minimum Fee Release you can change them with new players but you can't spend more than the value of the old players in the day of departure (screenshots required).
  7. You can substitute one of your 3 players (milers) if he gets a 6+ months injury. When he gets back after the injury, he will be again your miler. 
  8. You will use the accumulated miles to travel between clubs (club stadiums, use Google Maps, travel walking).
  9. Miles for goals, and points for trophies, will stop accumulating after 3 seasons (3 calendar years) at the club. 
  10. Every time you move to a new club your miles counters go back to zero.
  11. If you get sacked, you are allowed to get to any club that is available but it must not be closer to your destination than your last club (the one who sacked you) and it must be near the route.
  12.  You can take charge of a club that was previously used by another participant only after you pay his 25 miles (you will lose 25 miles and the other participant will receive 25 miles).
  13. Your destination point can be another club that is nearby (30 miles road trip) your destination club, and only if you have enough miles available to go to your destination club.
  14. If your destination club is no longer in the playable loaded leagues, you can change it to the nearest club in the forward direction.
  15. The game consists in 15 rounds; each round is 1 season long and will take maximum 1 week to complete (send required screenshots as soon you have completed your season).
  16. If you fail to send your season results you will get 0 miles.
  17. Failing to send the results for two season will get you disqualified. 
  18. Each round will have a bonus available that will be announced at the beginning of the round. (example of bonus: second league clubs get +10%; 25 miles if you get a new manager job; each goal counts as 5 if is scored by your goalkeeper etc.) … sometimes it will be a surprise bonus so it will be reveled at the end of the season.
  19. Because goals/miles won't add up after 3 seasons on a club that doesn't mean you can't get miles from the season bonus. You can get some if the bonus is not related to goals (example: Win the league with 0 loses and get 10 extra miles. So you get 10 miles because the bonus was not related to goals scored).

Points system

1. You will receive 10 points for finishing your route
  2. You will receive 5 points for each season left from the 15 season allocated time (example: you finish your route in 12 seasons, 15-12=3. 3x5=15, so you will get 15 extra points)
  3. The player/s who will not finish his route in the 15 rounds allocated time will lose 1 point for every 10 miles from his current club to his destination club (example: current club is Juventus, and the destination club is AC Milan, the distance between those two clubs stadium is 84 miles, so the player will lose 8 points).
  4. Each trophy you win will give you one point.

Each season there are 5 bonus points to be awarded (see below):

Spoiler

-    Most expensive player sold.
-    Most league points.
-    Biggest win (margin).
-    Highest scoring draw.
-    Least league goals conceded.

If more players are on tie, all those players will receive the bonus point/s.

However, the number of bonus points available should be always at least one less than the number of players. The bonus that is removed decided by the player who finish his route (and get the players number lower). 

At the end of the game more points will be awarded (see below):

Spoiler

-    Shortest journey: 2pts.
-    Longest journey: 2pts.
-    Most goals in one season (only one player) : 2pts.
-    Most trophies. 1st place - 5 pts. 2nd place – 4 pts. 3rd place 3 pts.
-    Best in Portugal (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Spain (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in France (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Italy (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Belgium (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Holland (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Germany (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Denmark (league standings): 2 pts.
-    Best in Poland (league standings): 2 pts.

If more players are on tie, all those players will receive the bonus point/s.

The player who will have the most points at the end of the game will be declared the winner.

After you take charge of one club you must post the following screenshots:
-    Google Maps walking trip.
-    Welcome message from the board of the new club.
-    The selected 3 players profile and history.

At the end of each season, the participants will send to me via message the following screenshots:
-    The 3 selected players profile and history.
-    The biggest win match.
-    The highest scoring draw match.
-    First page of transfers out.
-    Manager History page.

Players registered: 

1. @George Traistă

2. @Kanegan

3. @geordiekrispy

4. @hhooo

5. @Chris

6. @TheBluePrince

7. @Jsavfc

8. @Albionic

Feel free to ask questions if something is not clear, as I know this is a long ass rulebook 🙃

Edited by George Traistă
42 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

This sounds interesting but not sure I'll have the time to commit to such a detailed game with the VPL at the same time. 

Will follow with interest though! 

As any board game, the rules are long but after you play a little you feel natural. In the end is just a goal-a-mile between more players.

Anyway, I understand your concern and thanks for the interest! If everything will go nicely, well have another editions later, maybe using British Isles or North America.

1 season a week if I understand correctly? Also, what happens if, in a season, you don't manage to accumulate enough miles to get to another club on your route? Do you just stay for another season? 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

1 season a week if I understand correctly? Also, what happens if, in a season, you don't manage to accumulate enough miles to get to another club on your route? Do you just stay for another season? 

Yes. Stay another season.

added 0 minutes later

Remember I force you to join 😂

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

As far as I'm aware you can accumulate points at any given club for 3 seasons.

So season 1 you get 100 goals/miles, season 2 you get 120 goals/miles, season 3 you get 120 goals/miles.

It means that you can move on to a club 100 miles further along your route after season 1, or wait and move to a club 220 miles away after season 2, or wait again and move to a club 340 miles away after season 3.

But your goals only count up to season 3. After that it could just be waiting for a job to be available.

@George Traistă am I right?

Edited by geordiekrispy
3 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

As far as I'm aware you can accumulate points at any given club for 3 seasons.

So season 1 you get 100 goals/miles, season 2 you get 120 goals/miles, season 3 you get 120 goals/miles.

It means that you can move on to a club further along your route after season 1, or any season afterwards. But your goals only count up to season 3. After that it could just be waiting for a job to be available.

@George Traistă am I right?

We’ve had a discussion about this and that’s right it’s the way. After 3 seasons no goals/miles are counted until you find a new club

Just now, TheBluePrince said:

I mostly get it, count me in. Also I have one question,

If you move across countries do you have to make new careers?

Like, if you go across countries, from one that you’ve loaded to one you haven’t.

3 minutes ago, TheBluePrince said:

2 minutes ago, TheBluePrince said:

Like, if you go across countries, from one that you’ve loaded to one you haven’t.

No you have to load leagues that will be the route. For example Lisbon to Turin, you’d have to load Spain, Italy, Portugal and France as it’s the country you will go through to reach your destination. It’s played season by season so no need to make new career

Just now, Kanegan said:

Ok right, now to take a look at what did I sign up for? Although it is so treacherous of @George Traistă to post this in the week that he is against me in VPL? 

No George, your plan will not work. 😁

It’s called George mastermind 😂

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Ok right, now to take a look at what did I sign up for? Although it is so treacherous of @George Traistă to post this in the week that he is against me in VPL? 

No George, your plan will not work. 😁

Oh @KaneganI forgot, for you I have an additional rulebook 800 pages long, will send you ASAP. You must finish it until Friday so no time for VPL this week 😂

3 hours ago, Chris said:

You don't need to stay at one club for the full season, you can move anytime. You just need to have accumulated the miles for you to move. 

4 hours ago, TheBluePrince said:

Does your phone/tablet support EME (Enhanced Match Engine) with 4 countries loaded? 

Screenshot_20210127_093253_com.sega.score~2.jpg

Edited by George Traistă
6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

looks great lads, will be interesting to see it in action - good luck!

I’ll be very interested to see you in action too ;) 

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’ll be very interested to see you in action too ;) 

ah no, i am a bit sick of it :D i have a plan for my next career, plus my workload is increasing, so it's not really the best time for it... but yeah, a few people have said "Goal a Mile looks good, i'll do it" and not delivered, so it'll be good to see someone else give it a go, finally!

15 hours ago, George Traistă said:

As any board game, the rules are long but after you play a little you feel natural. In the end is just a goal-a-mile between more players.

Anyway, I understand your concern and thanks for the interest! If everything will go nicely, well have another editions later, maybe using British Isles or North America.

Screw it. Count me in. Im sure i can find the time to do 1 season a week! (i think thats what you need isnt it? If im reading it right)

20 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Screw it. Count me in. Im sure i can find the time to do 1 season a week! (i think thats what you need isnt it? If im reading it right)

Niiice!! 

Yes, one season a week. 

Count me in, this looks great! I do have a few questions though

Are we allowed any starting reputation badge etc

When you give the route, will it be a city or a club?

And is it maximum one season a week?

You're in 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Are we allowed any starting reputation badge etc

Yes, any badge and reputation

6 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Wen you give the route, will it be a city or a club?

Will be a club

6 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Is it maximum one season a week?

Yes, so no one get's in front just because he has more time to play or he is faster