Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Goal-a-Mile: Ticket to Ride - Europe (COMPLETED)

OK joining in the bandwagon, I am on the move!! 

Screenshot_2021-03-04-07-17-27-55.thumb.png.f7f0be9283a8418c479f82f8cedaeaa9.png

238 miles. I had 236 and using Rich's 20 miles, I arrived here. 

Screenshot_20210228_074051_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.fcbca64317baf43c0c5d1d12c7847ef6.jpg.6611d5593dffc3ea987da0c14d62c0e2.jpg

The players will be chosen in the next few days. Not started the season yet.

France is getting crowded. 

53 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Damn it, I want to join the French party, but I've got no way of getting 79 more miles in 2 weeks :(

Are you implying you can't muster a wimpy 20 gpg when push comes to shove? 

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Remind me to avoid those weak - willed German players. 

I say no I can't score 79 goals in 4 games... I've only been able to manage 17 in my last 4 games.

Weak I know!

2 hours ago, Kanegan said:

OK joining in the bandwagon, I am on the move!! 

Screenshot_2021-03-04-07-17-27-55.thumb.png.f7f0be9283a8418c479f82f8cedaeaa9.png

238 miles. I had 236 and using Rich's 20 miles, I arrived here. 

Screenshot_20210228_074051_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.fcbca64317baf43c0c5d1d12c7847ef6.jpg.6611d5593dffc3ea987da0c14d62c0e2.jpg

The players will be chosen in the next few days. Not started the season yet.

France is getting crowded. 

From stadium to stadium is actually 237 so you use 1 mile from @Rich😁

Rule Change Question

I want to change the Highest scoring draw bonus to most league draws. This bonus was won every season by me and shows that is not well designed so I think should change. 

The change should take place from season 7. Who thinks we need to change it? 

@Kanegan @geordiekrispy @hhooo @Chris @Albionic @JamesVilla

Edited by George Traistă
Just now, George Traistă said:

Rule Change Question

I want to change the Highest scoring draw bonus to most league draws. This bonus was won every season by me and shows that is not well designed so I think should change. 

The change should take place from season 7. Who thinks we need to change it? 

This means no more free points for me? 😧

9 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

This means no more free points for me? 😧

Ooooh, I feel sorry for you... NOT! 

Try to bribe some of the boys, if 3 or 4 say NO, the bonus will not change.

I don't mind the highest scoring draw, mainly as I finally got a good one this year, and I think most league draws would encourage not winning, which feels strange to me, but that might just be me

Yeah I think it's good to have something other than extra points for having the best results. It could be replaced, but I think most league draws would be weirder than highest scoring draw. Maybe something about best performance in the second division? Or most assists from one of your chosen scorers? Least shots conceded in a game could also be a decent idea. 

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Yeah I think it's good to have something other than extra points for having the best results. It could be replaced, but I think most league draws would be weirder than highest scoring draw. Maybe something about best performance in the second division? Or most assists from one of your chosen scorers? Least shots conceded in a game could also be a decent idea. 

The idea is to have bonuses that goes head to head so you can't win too many at once. You either go for most points or least goals. If you sell your best player for the biggest transfer your team will lose quality and will be harder to win big or win more games for most points or if is a defender you will concede more etc. The same thing is with biggest draw, if you do that least goals conceded and biggest win will suffer.

So it needs to be a bonus that if you aim for it will make your life harder of getting other bonuses. 

4 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

The idea is to have bonuses that goes head to head so you can't win too many at once. You either go for most points or least goals. If you sell your best player for the biggest transfer your team will lose quality and will be harder to win big or win more games for most points or if is a defender you will concede more etc. The same thing is with biggest draw, if you do that least goals conceded and biggest win will suffer.

So it needs to be a bonus that if you aim for it will make your life harder of getting other bonuses. 

Least league points! And yes in that sense most league draws would be a slight improvement over highest scoring draw, which is easy to coincide with biggest win. 

Edited by hhooo

I think the most draws in a season just seems a bit strange, we're not playing for draws. But highest scoring implies that you're going for goals, but might not have the best defence. So you're unlikely to get least goals conceded.

Personally I think it's fine to stay as is.

8 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Least league points!

We have a problem on this as players who play in Belgium and Denmark already have an advantage on least goals, so it will be a double advantage and only few players. 

Most points have advantage to players who pay in leagues with more teams but those are most of leagues so the advantage is more spreaded to more players. 

Keep 3

Replace 1

Don't care 1

That means the bonus will stay. The debate is not over as I hope to improve the game, I will have another go later in the game or at the end. 

23 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

We have a problem on this as players who play in Belgium and Denmark already have an advantage on least goals, so it will be a double advantage and only few players. 

Most points have advantage to players who pay in leagues with more teams but those are most of leagues so the advantage is more spreaded to more players. 

What about points per game and goals conceded per game? just need to divide the number by games played?

11 minutes ago, Albionic said:

What about points per game and goals conceded per game? just need to divide the number by games played?

League Points per Game instead of Most League Points

Least League Goals Conceded per Game instead of Least League Goals Conceded

Those is equal to everybody! 😁

40 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

League Points per Game instead of Most League Points

Least League Goals Conceded per Game instead of Least League Goals Conceded

Those is equal to everybody! 😁

Winner winner chicken dinner!