Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Goal-a-Mile: Ticket to Ride - Europe (COMPLETED)

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

What a giant killing cup run we are having:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2021-02-02-07-28-20-54.thumb.png.8206828d161b7c03c7443e7bf31916bd.pngScreenshot_2021-02-02-13-40-17-50.thumb.png.037aa831c46bf36391906f32a3734440.pngScreenshot_2021-02-02-19-11-50-12.thumb.png.2777789f0c1d044e4377d11d9a9a1ec3.pngScreenshot_2021-02-02-19-49-09-86.thumb.png.a29f5f195ab521be58a813839a10d744.png

I would post my cup run(s), one is more impressive than the others but I'm going to wait untill George has posted the weekly miles 😁

If we are forced into selling one of our three players due to a release clause, are we able to replace them? Or is it time to start looking for a new job? 

Hasn't happened yet, but I am afraid it might. 

9 minutes ago, hhooo said:

If we are forced into selling one of our three players due to a release clause, are we able to replace them? Or is it time to start looking for a new job? 

Hasn't happened yet, but I am afraid it might. 

That's a very good question. Few players asked if they need to stick with the 3 players and my answer was: You can only change the player/s of they retire or leave on bosman because he didn't want to sign a new contract. 

So didn't think of that... I think you should be able to get a new player as it's somehow similar situation with bosman. But because it can be used as a trick, the new player must be similar in value with the old one at the time of the sell... similar as it can be cheaper but not more expensive. 

Edited by George Traistă
9 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

That's a very good question. Few players asked if they need to stick with the 3 players and my answer was: You can only change the player/s of they retire or leave on bosman because he didn't want to sign a new contract. 

So didn't think of that... I think you should be able to get a new player as it's somehow similar situation with bosman. But because it can be used as a trick, the new player must be similar in value with the old one at the time of the sell... similar as it can be cheaper but not more expensive. 

Good to know, that seems like a sensible answer. Thanks! 

I've added the new rule on the original post, see here how it looks now.

• After you take charge of a club you need to select 3 players (any position you want) that will turn their goals into miles. You need to pick your players before your first official game. Each goal they score equals one mile.
  • For the players that you will buy for the new club and make part of the 3 players group you must offer them a minimum 3 years contract.
  • You cannot change the players until you take on another club. You can change the player/s that will retire, leave on bosman or a club triggers his Minimum Fee Release. For the ones that you will lose on bosman or from Minimum Fee Release you can change them with new players but you can't spend more than the value of the old player in the day of departure (screenshots required).

About players to leave on bosman most of you are safe now, only @Kanegan(one player) and @geordiekrispy (two players) may have problems in the future.

Edited by George Traistă

Thanks for the reminder, I've just got them to sign new contracts so they should be safe from leaving on a Bosman or minimum fee clauses, just got to try and keep them happy as big clubs are coming in for them now...

2 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Thanks for the reminder, I've just got them to sign new contracts so they should be safe from leaving on a Bosman or minimum fee clauses, just got to try and keep them happy as big clubs are coming in for them now...

I also had 2 of my players with contracts running out in 2022 so I just offered extensions. Sadly in some leagues, like Spain, the minimum fee release is obligatory so best bet is to get him sign on something big.

23 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Season 1 finished and scores submitted.

Can't wait to get started with some more transfers and hit season 2.

I almost got ahead of myself with some blockbuster transfers for next season until I remembered that we don't know the bonus! Waiting is going to be tough the weeks that you finish early. 

I have some bad and some good news and one hell of a question for all of you. 

The bad news

@broodje kiphad to quit as he got personal problems. He was one of the first persons to know about this game and pushed me trough to make it... All the best wishes and hopefully you get up stronger!

The good news

Is just Thursday, 2PM GMT, and everybody sent the results!! I will post the write up and results this evening. 

The million dollar question

Do you want to start the season 2 earlier? I have two proposals:

1. Saturday 10AM London Time
  2. Sunday 10AM London Time

The season bonus will be posted by @RichD the night before

@Kanegan @geordiekrispy @hhooo @Jsavfc @Chris @TheBluePrince @Albionic

Edited by George Traistă

I'm happy enough to bring the start of season 2 earlier if everyone else is, either option is good for me.

Definitely worth asking everytime as some people may have stuff on that they've rushed through the season and may not be able to play for nearly 2 weeks and so rush the next season just before the deadline.

@broodje kip hope everything this is ok and your back soon.

Edited by geordiekrispy
20 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Ive pushed my long term game to the backburner to do this and the VPL 😂 

I have a career that I started in 26th November and I'm only just in season 11 😂

12 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Definitely worth asking everytime as some people may have stuff on that they've rushed through the season and may not be able to play for nearly 2 weeks and so rush the next season just before the deadline.

Exactly, FMM is not and should not be a priority for nobody. We all agreed on one season per week and we would play earlier only if everybody agrees. 

top.jpg.0279f6e4d92d1fa198d8d36244b086b8.jpg

The first season just finished and be sure that most of the players will stay at least another season on the current clubs as most of you got to start with a good team, a good reason to get some miles under the belt that will allow you to travel further on the route. So for now, all the roads are silky smooth, be sure it will get nasty after the first move 😂

The ones that did not start with a good team don’t have the right to complain as at least one end of the route had a Champions League or Europa league team, so a top team from the league they reside.

The first one to finish the season it was me; I went on to start with Zaragoza and I think it was an ok-ish decision as I got 101 miles. 1 point in the bag for winning the league. The bad part is that now I will play with big boys like Real, Barca or Atletico so I hope the players can still perform.
Because you all know your scores and this write up is just the confirmation, I think I should always show my score, I too need to be checked by somebody and that will be you, all others from the game.

Spoiler

The players

353219174_p3final.thumb.jpg.380b0a27666e4f416a68de74d602047f.jpg860872500_p3final3.thumb.jpg.8bf15ca696c6dfd465e285fa1dc3d503.jpg

332300953_p2final.thumb.jpg.d3eff98df8fca71d1f04839362157ac7.jpg964559966_p2final2.thumb.jpg.f296765647190a1a6e394626b47d4715.jpg

579888314_p1final.thumb.jpg.f520581c958b5f6e12aa05ce09e027be.jpg785349033_p1final2.thumb.jpg.0adefe44962648c0de2a98fdc9669672.jpg

Season bonus

Screenshot_20210202_215707_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.a0f153b7a6a6c44ee2a32b8f2d170bae.jpgScreenshot_20210202_215659_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.38d0c201e1ca502af8a872949e78a251.jpgScreenshot_20210202_215648_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.6bd1711274c8356df2f8e9698b4dcee0.jpg

Manager history

970310608_mhistory.thumb.jpg.3a5c733e61dc266ba4a029d683ea5209.jpg

The second player who finished was @TheBluePrince. I wanted to make a bet(decimal odds) like intro on the first season and on the sketch, I had one special offer “The Blue Prince to not finish his first season – odd 2.20” and also @RichD had made a special bet “Blue prince to accidentally start with the editor open 1.40”
Guess what? He finished the season and not with the editor on, so jokes on us and well-done Prince! 
He went on to get 44 miles and win his first trophy, 1 point, the EURO Super Cup against Bayern.

3rd was @Jsavfc who started in the west part of Europe, all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, with FC Porto and boy he got a great season winning all the trophies at stake, 5 out of 5, 5 points for that. Also, his boys got him 97 miles, I would say it was a perfect season.

villa.thumb.jpg.8a9f05be04843794ab3e99c6b3007b5a.jpg

Moving from south Europe to north Europe and @Chris, who started at Ajax, got a great season as well, not so many trophies as only 3 were available so he won 2, so 2 points, and got 111 miles making him the best earner this first season. Dembele got 45 goals for him so he resides in pole position right now for the “most goals in one season” bonus that will be awarded at the end of the game.

Spoiler

dembele.jpg.259cc60eb539e12dfad8c7747e294373.jpg

I was 100% sure that we, the ones that got a second league team, will get only one trophy in the first season… WRONG! That doesn’t apply if your name is @Kanegan aka the giant’s killer, winning the DFL-Pokal was just a leisure activity! In the league however he was more subtle so the end result was “only” 74 miles, and 2 points

Later in the day I got two new set of results, the Italian boys @Albionic and @hhooo. They both got 2 points each and roughly the same league points and you would assume that they got also roughly the same miles in the bag, nope! hhooo got 66 miles while Albionic got almost 100, 94 miles to be more precise.

And the last to submit was @geordiekrispy who got himself in charge or Denmark's powerhouse FC Copenhagen… a powerhouse with no money to spend on transfers. He had to adapt and was the guy who spent the least on his players... nothing! And still got a more than decent 76 miles and 3 points, winning all the trophies as stake!

Each trophy equals one point and every season we have few extra points to give:

1. Most expensive player sold. This goes to @Jsavfc to got some nice cash from AS Monaco

Spoiler

transfer.thumb.jpg.fc800fca4cacae060e8d6d9c8875437c.jpg

2. Most league points. I got this... the best part of Spain second division is that the league has 22 teams so more games to play.

Spoiler

375355647_mhistory.thumb.jpg.380f1fe693b16ea984331691893e58f1.jpg

3. Biggest win (margin). I bet @Albionic was feeling pretty strong with his 7-0 win... well, @Chris got even a bigger one!

Spoiler

win.thumb.jpg.81894dc37547d5f10c7daa373cecdeb0.jpg

4. Highest scoring draw. This one is also on me.

Spoiler

draw.thumb.jpg.7afee7f9062a58ee7fac053320b67de6.jpg

5. Least league goals conceded. I think it pays of to play in a weak league, doesn't it @geordiekrispy?

Spoiler

goals.thumb.png.397c41c1ecc694a53e87d13774027b6c.png

The miles will help you travel but what is maybe more important is the points as the one who got the most points at the end of the game will be the winner.

After the first season the standings looks like this, also you can see how many points have each players by looking on the edges of the board (this is exactly how the Ticket to Ride board game works).

Map.thumb.jpg.1c20529057dcaa217b8fae5f4d7d3e8a.jpg

Villa is right now in pole position with 6 points, followed by Geordie with 4 and me and Chris got 3 points each. Kane, hhooo and Albionic got 2 points each and the last, Prince, got 1 point.

We still waiting on the response from Prince regarding the start of the season 2, well see soon! 

I wonder if season 2 will see the first move?

Edited by George Traistă

Hello everyone, this is Zach, Broodje’s infamous cousin and I would like to thank everyone that wished him before. Well done with the score those are such a great amounts.