Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Goal-a-Mile: Ticket to Ride - Europe (COMPLETED)

Slightly off-topic but I was wondering if in the 2nd season any of you guys noticed changes with subs? At Ajax during the first season I could make 5 per game, but in the second I'm limited to 3. What gives? 

Just now, George Traistă said:

This is the case in most of the leagues, is due to COVID

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification on that. Wish the devs knew it would carry over to 2021 😂

Edited by Chris
Just now, Chris said:

Slightly off-topic but I was wondering if in the 2nd season any of you guys noticed changes with subs? At Ajax during the first season I could make 5 per game, but in the second I'm limited to 3. What gives? 

It’s the rule in most countries. They change it to 5 due to Covid for season 1 but on season onwards, it changes to 3 like normal.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification on that. Wish the devs knew it would carry over to 2021 😂

You never know it might get extended when the January update eventually gets pushed out.

20 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Has everyone submitted their results? 

Not yet, I have about 5 games left in my season. Will be done tomorrow at the latest though. 

Alright, my results are in, and I can confirm that some of the predictions were correct, and others were not! Now I´ll be off to round up the drunks in belfast for a few evenings before making my way back here.

Before I go, though, I just wanted to share my transfers in from this season - some real blockbuster signings for a club like Atalanta.

Spoiler

428eaf9cc204f3e13340c1ab13b02f9.thumb.jpg.a753645b99c7a0e3a070499acb8fd4f7.jpg

Darder was the biggest sicknote I´ve ever seen, the man had to go off injured within minutes of coming on 4 different times. I think he finished 2 full games all season. 

And I hope we´ll be able to use normal keepers next season, because look who I have coming in on a bosman next year!

Spoiler

1d5fc9ad825d1ba89351fade7c9f9d8.thumb.jpg.84c23ecd06a5184227fea406a3a2d8ff.jpg

Edited by hhooo
13 hours ago, hhooo said:

Alright, my results are in, and I can confirm that some of the predictions were correct, and others were not! Now I´ll be off to round up the drunks in belfast for a few evenings before making my way back here.

Before I go, though, I just wanted to share my transfers in from this season - some real blockbuster signings for a club like Atalanta.

Hide contents

428eaf9cc204f3e13340c1ab13b02f9.thumb.jpg.a753645b99c7a0e3a070499acb8fd4f7.jpg

Darder was the biggest sicknote I´ve ever seen, the man had to go off injured within minutes of coming on 4 different times. I think he finished 2 full games all season. 

And I hope we´ll be able to use normal keepers next season, because look who I have coming in on a bosman next year!

Hide contents

1d5fc9ad825d1ba89351fade7c9f9d8.thumb.jpg.84c23ecd06a5184227fea406a3a2d8ff.jpg

Impressive! I love Oyarzabal he’s a really great captain material.

Is it just me or when people come to this website and see there's a notification, do you get excited thinking it's the season recap, so we can get a new season bonus and start planning the next season.

Or is it just the Newcastle sub Reddit takeover thread effect coming out again?

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

Is it just me or when people come to this website and see there's a notification, do you get excited thinking it's the season recap, so we can get a new season bonus and start planning the next season.

Since I’m losing this week, really not looking forward to it 😂

17 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think this week we must wait until the deadline as Prince didn't come to Vibe since 4th of February and I believe he will miss this round. If he will miss two round he will be out. 

Except Prince I still need to get another result, 6 in so far. 

I believe everyone is eger to start the new season but at least we can make fun of Kipy because he will lose badly this week 😂

23 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I think this week we must wait until the deadline as Prince didn't come to Vibe since 4th of February and I believe he will miss this round. If he will miss two round he will be out. 

Except Prince I still need to get another result, 6 in so far. 

I believe everyone is eger to start the new season but at least we can make fun of Kipy because he will lose badly this week 😂

I think that's fair enough.

Also, yes Kip's bread is toasted this week I think.

Edited by geordiekrispy
35 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think that's fair enough.

Also, yes Kip's bread is toasted this week I think.

Toast would still be nice to make a sandwich 😁

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Just sent in my results guys. Am I the last? 

Presumably still waiting on theblueprince, so second to last. 

46 minutes ago, Chris said:

Just sent in my results guys. Am I the last? 

45 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Presumably still waiting on theblueprince, so second to last. 

Yes, Prince still didn't showed up.

top.jpg.1c731216e9e11d329cc4c80e9c67e1ba.jpg

Soooo, season 2 is over and I can’t be more disoriented than this...
I finished the season first, again. I was hoping to get a total of 80 miles so I can move, and I got 81 miles... plus 8 miles bonus. I was super happy with that because, to be honest, I didn’t knew if I would get more than 3 clean sheets. And also feeling good because @broodje kip was wrong.

Spoiler

441870264_p3final1.thumb.jpg.895a163073fff8a6f38b7b57be0d301d.jpg439928182_p3final2.thumb.jpg.2277f4665cbaf43e4e3909790da51a9d.jpg

1106278263_p2final1.thumb.jpg.5daff453912597ec5c08d394c7ed92f8.jpg1171615806_p2final2.thumb.jpg.1b2329a67444363b08a063dfaa419276.jpg

2045681921_p1final1.thumb.jpg.59c95f91de32e73ffe5f1814dd6e1e59.jpg1362597998_p1final2.thumb.jpg.2db82b1537f8236eb71c2694ff0d227d.jpg

Season bonus

1117342290_gkcs.thumb.jpg.394de9018c2fa6040566c6a9678025b1.jpg1912717101_gkhistory.thumb.jpg.3e730ee4049e1d3cda277909ee7bc228.jpg

The happiness didn’t last much and the next day @Albionic sent the results and he got more than double, 17 league clean sheets, giving him a total of 100 miles. Just a little bit better than last season, sadly his players got some injuries so he couldn’t get more. Ok, double than me, is still ok-ish, still feeling good about my score. 

On Tuesday @geordiekrispy sent the result with 26 miles bonus, basically @Rich was his 2nd best scorer 🤣 Total 108 miles
Do you think 26 is a lot? @JamesVilla sent the results later that day with 30!! Holly molly, I think I’m getting dizzy! I know Rich’s plan is to kill me on the game and I think his plan is going strong… and we still a lot of seasons so a lot of bullets from him. Villa got himself 110 miles in total.

Back to our miles, @Kanegancame with some great news, Kipy was wrong again because Kane did win a trophy and got only 7th place; and he only got 7 miles bonus out of total of 83. The joy didn’t last long as just a couple of hours later @hhooo sent his results and he got 26 clean sheets; it could have been 27 but he forgot the backup keeper between the sticks after a Champions League game. 26 bonus plus his boys’s goals to get a grand total of 131, a big number but not enough to make him the biggest earner this season, that title was won again by @Chris who got a staggering 139 miles. And also, his Dembele improved his stats scoring 55 goals, that means he retains the top spot for the “Most goals in one season” bonus.

Spoiler

1878180110_dembele55.thumb.jpg.f6bbc8fcbd8bcdf0c788e53f1bcec44b.jpg

Just a quick heads up for the bonuses that will be awarded the end of the game

• Best in Portugal - @JamesVilla: 1st, 96pts, +79 GD
  • Best in Spain - @George Traistă: 1st, 101pts, +59 GD
  • Best in France -     
  • Best in Italy - @hhooo: 1st, 106pts, +72 GD
  • Best in Belgium -     
  • Best in Holland - @Chris: 1st, 95pts, +94 GD
  • Best in Germany - @Kanegan: 1st, 77pts, +38 GD
  • Best in Denmark - @geordiekrispy: 1st, 90pts, +87 GD
  • Best in Poland - 

As I’ve talked about miles, the points/trophies part also didn’t go good for me. I was knocked out from the Spanish Cup in the First Round by Sevilla and in the league, I got a respectable 3rd place so a big 0 from me. Kane got himself two trophies, the DFL-Supercup and the Europa League, so a big 2 points. All others got 4 trophies each and, how Albionic predicted, only 3 of them won the Champions League: Chris, hhooo and Albionic himself.

Now, season bonuses:
1. Most expensive player sold. hhooo sold one of Vibe's favorite midfielder from last year, Dominik Szaboszlai, for a record fee of…

Spoiler

transfer.thumb.jpg.f50c5fc0e08dfb033fe93a44a2cddbb3.jpg

2. Most league points. hhooo smashed this one!

Spoiler

points.thumb.jpg.a1126873c220962f1a4586554b4eb81c.jpg

3. Biggest win (margin). I think Geordie made it clear, right?

Spoiler

win.thumb.png.b6e8fb56a96df2d5917d394d985c9ff9.png

4. Highest scoring draw. Yesssss, I retain this one and is my first point this season.

Spoiler

draw.thumb.jpg.73eae9d3c7fe29e67557c88edf434668.jpg

5. Least league goals conceded. Geordie was so sure about this one that he already put it into his excel file… you should erase it Geordie!

Spoiler

least_goals.thumb.jpg.f0f6954280befd5a1103cc6f343c17ea.jpg

Not to forget, @TheBluePrince didn’t show up and he will get a 0, if he will do the same one more time I will have to disqualify him. Sorry!

Let us see how the board looks now. 

Map.thumb.jpg.d4014f2a96220b827759fc301d5ef2e7.jpg

Villa is still up front with 11 points, next Geordie got a big leap to 9 points, hhooo is next with 8, Chris 7, Albionic 6, me and Kane on a tie with 4 points and TheBluePrince is last with only one point.

Nobody moved so be sure season no3 a lot of you may change clubs, maybe some will wait for the perfect job and maybe some will not be lucky and will have no jobs available… will see.

Remember!!

• Goals for miles and trophies won't count after 3 seasons (or 3 calendar years if you get your job somewhere mid-season).
  • Travel between club stadiums, use Google maps walking.
  • Make sure you have the available miles to make to travel.
  • After the move, you need to pick your 3 players before your first official match
  • If you need help or have any questions, message me.

Good luck to all!

The season bonus will be up shortly, we just need to wait for Rich to recover from the hangover. 

The deadline will be Saturday, 20 February, 8:00 PM GMT

P.S. How good, or bad, were your predictions? @broodje kip had a terrible first week on his game getting only one right prediction, only ONE!

I may be over-estimating the value of goals in this challenge. Let's hope I can get some good moves and make those miles count 😂 Gj everyone. Can't believe I didn't even get a mention with my big win though! 😭

Screenshot_20210212_202115_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.872f60c67c92af27c8263a6c57bc40ab.jpg

Gutted to lose out on a point after this win! And with none of my 3 chosen lads playing too 😂 strong effort @geordiekrispy

Edited by Chris
1 minute ago, Chris said:

I may be over-estimating the value of goals in this challenge. Let's hope I can get some good moves and make those miles count 😂 Gj everyone

Nope, goals are very important as you will get 10 points if you reach your destination plus 5 points for each season you get it there earlier! This amount of points you can't get on a regular season 

Question that is bound to come up as people start moving - how are league points counted if we move mid season? Do we take the points we earn at both clubs, or only the final total at the second club?