Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Goal-a-Mile: Ticket to Ride - Europe (COMPLETED)

2 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Paris St Ger-who? You invented us what?

Can you tell I've been playing on my lunch break?

Screenshot_20210222-122803.png

At least they play attractive football 😂😂

7 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Well this is annoying...

On top of Wood missing 3 weeks and just getting back to full fitness...

Screenshot_20210222-095929.png

I think this season will be a low score...

Screenshot_20210222-165638.png

I managed to pickup Tammy Abraham on a free late in the transfer window... As my 3rd choice striker. I feel he  might outscore one of both of my main strikers!

Edited by geordiekrispy
2 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think this season will be a low score...

Screenshot_20210222-165638.png

I managed to pickup Tammy Abraham on a free late in the transfer window... As my 3rd choice striker. I feel he  might outscore one of both of my main strikers!

I had a situation like that season one in atalanta, my backup striker would score every time he touched the ball but the guys I chose would either be too tired or in horrible form. Your injuries are something else though - maybe rich has a surprise bonus mile for every week missed through injury? 

I think Wood may be done after this, he wasn't the fastest and now with this injury, you never know he could decide to retire.

Might see if I've got 2 rehab physios, if not get 2 rehab rather than 2 prevention.

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think Wood may be done after this, he wasn't the fastest and now with this injury, you never know he could decide to retire.

Might see if I've got 2 rehab physios, if not get 2 rehab rather than 2 prevention.

I always have one prevention and two rehab, always normal training intensity and low after 29-30 years old and I get only one or two medium injuries and very very rarely big ones. 

And also check physios on what players are injury prone so you know how to play them 

13 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think Wood may be done after this... you never know he could decide to retire.

Is there a way you can urge a player into early retirement? Or are you suggesting a trip to the glue factory?

Edited by hhooo
On 20/02/2021 at 14:08, George Traistă said:

You can't sell anything from February to June

Not with that attitude you can't! 

Screenshot_2021-02-23-09-54-35-77_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.886b1022032fe4224ee610953e04c996.jpg

Also, check your 'no club' listing frequently, I just picked up Joe Rodon and Wan-Bissaka on free transfers :laugh:

6 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Not with that attitude you can't! 

Screenshot_2021-02-23-09-54-35-77_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.886b1022032fe4224ee610953e04c996.jpg

Also, check your 'no club' listing frequently, I just picked up Joe Rodon and Wan-Bissaka on free transfers :laugh:

Nice! I've got one of my defenders going to Sheff Utd, but when the transfer window opens again in the summer. Annoyingly it would double my bonus miles :(

4 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Nice! I've got one of my defenders going to Sheff Utd, but when the transfer window opens again in the summer. Annoyingly it would double my bonus miles :(

AWB sucks in this save so I'm selling him, but I couldn't find a buyer with a window currently open. He would be a 20% increase in my miles though, not double. French second division has an 'injury replacement window' open most of the year so you never know when a deal will be able to go through. 

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

AWB sucks in this save so I'm selling him, but I couldn't find a buyer with a window currently open. He would be a 20% increase in my miles though, not double. French second division has an 'injury replacement window' open most of the year so you never know when a deal will be able to go through. 

I wish I had one of those :(

@George Traistă Just a question which I was sure had been asked but I can't find it anywhere.

With regards to the Club World Cup (slight spoiler for you there), do we count that as this season's or next season's miles? Assuming that it does the usual thing of straddling the "New Season" screen.

I'm thinking next season as I won't play past 31st May due to the unknown bonus miles for next season.

Edited by geordiekrispy
10 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

@George Traistă Just a question which I was sure had been asked but I can't find it anywhere.

With regards to the Club World Cup (slight spoiler for you there), do we count that as this season's or next season's miles? Assuming that it does the usual thing of straddling the "New Season" screen.

I'm thinking next season as I won't play past 31st May due to the unknown bonus miles for next season.

Make into both seasons miles total. I’ll allow anything George won’t 😂

37 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

When I was in it with Atalanta, I played the matches up to the new season screen. The final was the following season in my case. 

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

When I was in it with Atalanta, I played the matches up to the new season screen. The final was the following season in my case. 

I'm tempted to do the same. But I feel like it might give me an advantage in this seasons bonus as I could wait and get that extra few players' worth of miles as I'll be into the transfer window (I think).
I don't mind them being included in next year's miles. Like I've said before I usually stop after the last game of the season.

4 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'm tempted to do the same. But I feel like it might give me an advantage in this seasons bonus as I could wait and get that extra few players' worth of miles as I'll be into the transfer window (I think).
I don't mind them being included in next year's miles. Like I've said before I usually stop after the last game of the season.

I had originally done the same and waited, but George told me to play them via pm for what it's worth. I would wait for the final word from him though. 

And I just did the sums - for anyone following along at home, I signed 52 players this season and moved on 54 (47 of which were sold for money). 

Edited by hhooo
Just now, hhooo said:

I had originally done the same and waited, but George told me to play them via pm for what it's worth. I would wait for the final word from him though. 

It's just something that I think we're all going to have an opportunity to play in it at some point, which is why I asked here rather than a PM :)

CWC is in between seasons so play until you get to the "new season" screen

20 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Not sure how you can get advantage in this season bonus? The finances page must be screenshot on 31st of May 

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

CWC is in between seasons so play until you get to the "new season" screen

Not sure how you can get advantage in this season bonus? The finances page must be screenshot on 31st of May 

Good point! I'd forgotten that the screenshot needed to taken on 31st May.

Shouldn't be too much longer with my scores guys, but a little something for you. 

Genuinely think their manager would have got the sack if we had won this 😂

Screenshot_20210223_154324_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.2c7d58b189703f76f502649172c6e3df.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Shouldn't be too much longer with my scores guys, but a little something for you. 

Genuinely think their manager would have got the sack if we had won this 😂

Screenshot_20210223_154324_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.2c7d58b189703f76f502649172c6e3df.jpg

And you, like a good @Christian, you gave up on a trophy point so he could keep his job 😂

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

And you, like a good @Christian, you gave up on a trophy point so he could keep his job 😂

Of course, not like that's the best club within touching distance bang on my route or anything... 😭😅

I got my defensive tactic in fine working order for this match. I'll call it Heauxfballe.

Screenshot_2021-02-24-00-17-32-12_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.fd6394bb04e9abe946894863d5db8df5.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-24-00-11-35-76_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.0fa77af8c3e09e4391ebff918923f646.jpg

Edited by hhooo

So some of your predictions in terms of the amount of miles I will get are going to be a tad off. 
Its been an up and down season (still playing it now), and the squad is still not where I want it to be, but its took me till February to finally get my tactic working how I want it too, with the players available. 

368312982_Screenshot_20210224-154252_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.ea49d0a082ed1873265b5d6b313e4187.jpg