Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe decides

I'm going to keep this short as older Vibe members may remember (and more recent ones are finding out) I tend to waffle on. 

FMM (always will be FMH to me) is good entertainment but what changes it from good to great is this place, Vibe. 

Not only does Vibe give great ideas, challenges and topics of conversation, it also does the most important thing. It keeps the player (well me anyway) motivated to continue to play the game or a particular save. 

With that in mind it's essential that a career grabs the attention in order to keep people following and contributing to the thread which in turn motivates the player to continue. 

I like to think of it as

BpfEKEu.png

This leads me on to the whole point of this.

We obviously like to play the game in ways that are entertaining to ourselves but when we make that public it has to entertain others. 

There's no better way of entertaining people than actually giving them what they want. Or at least that's the theory

WoSmTC6.jpg

Come on billy, you said you weren't going to waffle

-- I need a career

- I need Vibe to keep me motivated

- I need to entertain you to keep you following

- The career must be something you want

Vibe Decides

Of course,  I'm not totally mad. You don't get to choose everything but here are some ideas which I would love some feedback on. All are long term goal based as that's how I roll. 

1. An all in one 1k, DT and TT. Possibly with lower grade players not the obvious world starlets. 

2. As above but all 3 players from the same nation, I'm thinking Brazil, Portugal, France or England as I did Holland in my one and only career last year and Italian players are heavily used so far on 2021. 

3. A 1k with an older player. 23 years old at the start of the game. 

4. The Holy Grail. An attempt (99.9% destined to fail) at a defender 1k. Probably wrapped in a TT as an extra to keep me entertained in what would undoubtedly be a long slog of a career. 

I can see people being sadistic and going for 4. Please note, I have had a  total of one career on the EME (which I will use,) and do not have a God tactic so you probably wont ever get a positive conclusion. 

Thanks for joining in once again,

Sounds interesting but I need to combine them all.

Go to FC Porto, sign Kristoffer Ajer, Martin Odegaard and Alexander Sorloth. Complete TT and 1k with at least one of them 😁

I’d say go for one or two mate, I think that would be interesting, I find the games where you score a lot are more fun to get in to 😁

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Sounds interesting but I need to combine them all.

Go to FC Porto, sign Kristoffer Ajer, Martin Odegaard and Alexander Sorloth. Complete TT and 1k with at least one of them 😁

Interesting, I've only had the game (21) a week or so and haven't tried to sign anyone yet. I'll take a shot in the dark and say Odegaard to Porto isn't doable????

added 0 minutes later
Just now, RichD said:

I’d say go for one or two mate, I think that would be interesting, I find the games where you score a lot are more fun to get in to 😁

Certainly a safer and dare I say more fun option. 

35 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Interesting, I've only had the game (21) a week or so and haven't tried to sign anyone yet. I'll take a shot in the dark and say Odegaard to Porto isn't doable????

added 0 minutes later

Certainly a safer and dare I say more fun option. 

I can say it’s possible with the right amount of players sold.

added 0 minutes later
24 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

+1

I think my eyes will bleed blood if I see more Esposito 😂

What if he uses Salvatore Esposito though?

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

1. Although bear in mind doing a TT doesn’t allow them to count as a DT too.

Damn these modern rules.

I'm curious why most people are going for option one.

Is it the 'possibly lower grade players' bit. Not to disappoint before things even get going but most of you are proper football fans so I can't imagine they will be unknowns to anyone. Hopefully if I go this route they won't top any wonderkid table but they will be a 'good young player,' that's for sure. 

3 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Damn these modern rules.

Is it the 'possibly lower grade players' bit. Not to disappoint before things even get going but most of you are proper football fans so I can't imagine they will be unknowns to anyone. Hopefully if I go this route they won't top any wonderkid table but they will be a 'good young player,' that's for sure. 

I guess because people around here tend to choose obvious youngsters although some of them didn’t finish it but they’re still very popular 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Damn these modern rules.

I think ‘just not the usual players people select’ for me. So Wonderkids are fine. Just not the regulars. 

18 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think ‘just not the usual players people select’ for me. So Wonderkids are fine. Just not the regulars. 

I'll see how the feedback goes then depending on the particular challenge I will chuck up a few players for people to 'vet'. 

I've been out of the Vibe loop so you guys can tell me if the player (s) been regularly used. 

Play as St. Johnstone and try to sign John Stones before he retires. Then, make him a Saint. Fan favorite, and name a stadium after him. 

6 hours ago, hhooo said:

Play as St. Johnstone and try to sign John Stones before he retires. Then, make him a Saint. Fan favorite, and name a stadium after him. 

Exactly what I was thinking at first.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Yes. I’m waiting someone to use Martin Odegaard

12 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Exactly what I was thinking at first.

Yes. I’m waiting someone to use Martin Odegaard

Just tried to sign him as I was reading this (playing on my tablet). £125m fee with £200k wages. He's not a likely candidate for goal challenges. 

I want to throw another option into the mix guys. 

I love scoring challenges but if we are all being honest the traditional 1k, TT and DT just isn't that hard these days. 

So how about the very rarely attempted

Around the world in 800 goals

For those who don't know the rules are simple but the challenge is actually really tough for reasons you will understand when you think about it. 

- Load 4 leagues/4 countries

- Choose a player

-Choose a starting club and country

- Sign the player or start if he is already at the club

-score 200 goals with that player in that country

- Resign then wait until you can get a job in  one of the other countries

- Attempt to sign your chosen player from your old club. 

- Repeat the process scoring a minimum of 200 goals in each of the 4 countries

Simples ........

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

I love scoring challenges but if we are all being honest the traditional 1k, TT and DT just isn't that hard these days. 

For those who don't know the rules are simple but the challenge is actually really tough for reasons you will understand when you think about it. 

- Choose a player

Simples ........

That sounds good, be nice to see a different kind of goal scoring one 👍

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

- Choose a player

Simples ........

I like it

2 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

I love the one @BatiGoal did with Malcolm a few years ago and will love to see it being attempt again, especially this year where the Argentinean and Mexican league are introduced.

The legend that is @BatiGoal did indeed finish the only ever attempt I have seen. Still my all time favourite career thread which is why I have added that as an option. 

If you're still reading Vibe, I hope you are well Bati you crazy fool. 

Thanks for everyone's input ,  I'm almost there honest. 

Just help me with the last piece of the jigsaw. 

It's a TT/1K but....

At Bayern staring Dominic Calvert Lewin

At Liverpool with Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot as support acts

Or

At Arsenal staring 3 current players. 

I'm so indecisive!