Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Badge 08: Borussia Babes

Scratch

299185239_BorrusiaBabes.png.70bc13f24474b0cae61f6233074dc911.png

This is the eighth badge in the Badge of Honour series (the concept is linked to in the spoiler below).

Spoiler

What do you do when you have second best team in the country, but your main rivals have a bigger budget, can attract the best players in the world, and have won the last 8 titles in a row? You do what all of us here on Vibe do when we can't buy truly world class players. You buy wonderkids and hope they develop quickly and lead you to glory!

So it's been with Borussia Dortmund. In recent years, they've bought some great wonderkids: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna, all of whom have the potential to be amongst the best players in the game. But can these players lead them to glory? And who will they buy next? 

Okay... This one is a little more complicated, so please read carefully:

Team

• To earn your badge you need to manage Borussia Dortmund for two seasons.

Players

• First season: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).
  • Second season: The same 5 players from the first season and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).

Score

• Goals and assists from all 5 players in the first season.
  • Goals and assists from all 6 players in the second season.
  • League points and GD for both seasons.
  • Bonus points: +20 for a CL win (can happen twice if you're really good/lucky).

Benchmarks:

• Each of the first 5 players must provide 30 contributions across both seasons.
  • The 6th player must provide 15 contributions in the second season.
  • You must win the league at least once.
  • You must get to the CL final at least once.

If you meet the benchmarks you will earn your badge and your total score will be submitted to the leaderboard.

You can play your wonderkids in any position. The second season's wonderkid cannot be purchased in the first season, they must be purchased in the second season.

General Rules

• No unlockables;
  • No cheating;
  • Own formations;
  • And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database;
  • Transfers, etc, allowed;
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;
  • Again, don’t be a cheat

Credits: Thanks to @Rob for the Badges of Honour concept and thanks to @FuddledFox for the fantastic logo! Thanks to @RichD for coming up with the original idea that this was built on top of and to Rob, Foxy and Rich for helping refine the challenge.

Leaderboard

1. @FrAn4eSc0 - 882 points (link)
  2. @Scratch - 821 points (link)
  3. @Plimmerz92 - 814 points (link)
  4. @Rich - 780 points (link)
  5. @Dai_ - 776 points (link)
  6. @Rob - 705 points (link)
  7. @Ian - 690 points (link)
  8. @BordeauxAndBrawn - 555 points (link)

Edited by Scratch

Bloody hell. This is brilliant! 👏

Edit: typical you've set up a challenge that your magical TT tactic will be perfect for... 🙄🤣

Edited by Dai_
12 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Edit: typical you've set up a challenge that your magical TT tactic will be perfect for... 🙄🤣

I hadn’t thought of that when Scratch first suggested it. Now you’ve mentioned it: Scratch you little...!!!! Haha.

20 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Wait for Esposito!!!

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I hadn’t thought of that when Scratch first suggested it. Now you’ve mentioned it: Scratch you little...!!!! Haha.

Rich is gonna smash it too. He's got a great tactic for this sort of thing. We'll just be watching those two battle it out for top spot. I think I'm gonna struggle to get that many players contributing, tbh. We'll see.

13 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Rich is gonna smash it too. He's got a great tactic for this sort of thing. We'll just be watching those two battle it out for top spot. I think I'm gonna struggle to get that many players contributing, tbh. We'll see.

I'm thrilled anytime there's a challenge where I don't need to be angry at my midfielders for shooting. I almost always avoid using an AM because when I do they end up taking 80% of the shots

40 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Actually, I guess it will be a pretty good fit. I know that no one will believe me now, but I hadn't actually thought that far ahead! 

This was based on one of @RichD's ideas, though that was with a different club and not the young player focus which got added later. So maybe he was thinking ahead! 🤣

Though really the idea went through a couple of rounds of tweaks with input from @Rob and @FuddledFox and Rich - Thanks lads, I should have mentioned that in the main post, but was in a rush to get it out.

32 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Wait for Esposito!!!

I'll promise not to use him on my first attempt, if you promise not to use Mikey! 😆

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I'll promise not to use him on my first attempt, if you promise not to use Mikey! 😆

Good news Mikey is 21 so you can’t play Esposito :P 

Love it! Can’t wait to give this one a go, when I spoke about doing something similar with another club, it was nothing to do with it suiting my tactic 👀

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

Love it! Can’t wait to give this one a go, when I spoke about doing something similar with another club, it was nothing to do with it suiting my tactic 👀

You practically named the players you’d play in your front five!!!

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

You practically named the players you’d play in your front five!!!

The truth at last! Nothing to do with me... Phew... 🤣

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

The truth at last! Nothing to do with me... Phew... 🤣

You sure? I’ve already heard Pellegri and Esposito after I saw buy 1 u-20 player

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

You sure? I’ve already heard Pellegri and Esposito after I saw buy 1 u-20 player

You know there was a reason I made it 20 and under rather than 21 and under, then pretended not to know Mikey's age! 😝

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I look forward to trying this one as I very rarely manage in Germany. Not sure whether my attempt will come now or after another attempt at the Ronny challenge. 

I almost mentioned this when I posted on your Rooney attempt - when you said "I'm off to see Ronny again", I almost said "wait a couple of hours before deciding"! 😄

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Anyone else currently prepping this one?

I’ve went straight in and have played the first season.

You don’t realise it at a glance but the targets required for this make it rather interesting and not quite so straight forward in terms of approach. Or at least that’s my take from it having played the opening season. 

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’ve went straight in and have played the first season.

You don’t realise it at a glance but the targets required for this make it rather interesting and not quite so straight forward in terms of approach. Or at least that’s my take from it having played the opening season. 

100% agree. To me it’s a methodology for season one and another for season two, and to make transfers based on that!

I've got an idea in my mind but if it will work, I have no idea. I'll likely get it started this evening. I'm pretty excited about this one.

I’m about to start in a bit, I have no idea how to approach it, but I know I’ll be targeting as many goals as humanly possible 😂

39 minutes ago, Rob said:

100% agree. To me it’s a methodology for season one and another for season two, and to make transfers based on that!

Definitely one where planning is required I’d say too. Even the player targets while not seeming like much can be tougher than you think with it being five players plus the 15 for the new season two guy on top.

Without giving much away, I have lots to think about before going into season two. 

Edited by Ian
4 minutes ago, Rob said:

If you reach your targets with certain players in season one, can you sell them before season two?

Umm, that's a good question... I mean I guess you've met the minimum and if you miss out on getting points from them in the second season, I guess that's your loss? So half tempted to allow it.

On the other hand, the spirit of this is building your club around these players and getting them to take you to glory, so selling one of them seems against that. I mean if you sell Haaland for big money and use it to buy Barella, Goretzka and Lemar with 50% sell-on, then that wouldn't really seem right to me.

I think I'm inclinded to say it's not allowed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?