Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Badge 08: Borussia Babes

Scratch

1 hour ago, Rob said:

If you reach your targets with certain players in season one, can you sell them before season two?

Why would you want to? Surely getting the higher score possible, the better? I know getting 6 players into a tactic is a bit of a challenge but sacrificing overall points isn't the way. Is it? 🤔 I haven't started this yet so I don't know what it's going to be like. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Umm, that's a good question... I mean I guess you've met the minimum and if you miss out on getting points from them in the second season, I guess that's your loss? So half tempted to allow it.

On the other hand, the spirit of this is building your club around these players and getting them to take you to glory, so selling one of them seems against that. I mean if you sell Haaland for big money and use it to buy Barella, Goretzka and Lemar with 50% sell-on, then that wouldn't really seem right to me.

I think I'm inclinded to say it's not allowed. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

It should probably be personal preference. If just getting the badge is good enough for some and not challenging the top of the leaderboard then why not?

On the other hand. It's a challenge and the challenge is using these suggested players and getting as much as you can out of them.

It's a tough one. If you're going by a vote. I'd vote for having to keep all players. That's only because that's what I'll be doing, tbh.

Darn you @Rob and your complications. 🤣

30 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Why would you want to? Surely getting the higher score possible, the better? I know getting 6 players into a tactic is a bit of a challenge but sacrificing overall points isn't the way. Is it? 🤔 I haven't started this yet so I don't know what it's going to be like. 

It should probably be personal preference. If just getting the badge is good enough for some and not challenging the top of the leaderboard then why not?

On the other hand. It's a challenge and the challenge is using these suggested players and getting as much as you can out of them.

It's a tough one. If you're going by a vote. I'd vote for having to keep all players. That's only because that's what I'll be doing, tbh.

Darn you @Rob and your complications. 🤣

Cos, er, one of the players has a... um... buyout clause I’ve just noticed and I haven’t the money ATM to get them to sign a new contract... and I’m a little scared they’ll leave me.

I would have no intention of selling any of them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Cos, er, one of the players has a... um... buyout clause I’ve just noticed and I haven’t the money ATM to get them to sign a new contract... and I’m a little scared they’ll leave me.

Do you want to send the welsh boys around his house and threaten him into staying? 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Oh dear, that's not good. If its out of your hands then there's not much can be done.

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

Do you want to send the welsh boys around his house and threaten him into staying? 

Yeah, I'd be up for that. Although, I'm not sure we can fly at the minute. I'm sure this would qualify as essential travel.

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

He’s just agreed to join Arsenal in the summer. Hopefully I can sign him back. It gives you a bit of a chance to beat me though. 

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Dai_ said:

Oh dear, that's not good. If its out of your hands then there's not much can be done.

Yeah, I'd be up for that. Although, I'm not sure we can fly at the minute. I'm sure this would qualify as essential travel.

If you guys could at least swim and hike across I think no one would notice. 

1 minute ago, RichD said:

Honestly I’m so gutted to hear that Haaland is leaving you Rob👎🏻

I hate you. Still, it’s my first attempt and it’ll be my second that’ll completely destroy Mr One-Tactic-Wonder.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

I love you. Still, it’s my first attempt and it’ll be my second that’ll be completely mediocre in comparison to Mr Knows His Tactics And Completes every challenge as he is the best in the world and doesn’t boast

Corrected it for you mate 

Okay, the intent of this challenge is to use the nominated players, so you shouldn't actively try to sell the players, but if you lose one due to a clause then that's okay (assuming the benchmark is met before they leave).

So it's all good @Rob, hope you get him back and this doesn't affect your score too much.

25 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Cant wait to get this up and running not been able to play cause my health wasnt so good but im back and ready to get this badge

Sorry to hear that, glad you're better and good luck with this! 😄

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Sorry to hear that, glad you're better and good luck with this! 😄

Not sure how to approach this one yet going to sleep on it lol

On 05/02/2021 at 13:51, Scratch said:

299185239_BorrusiaBabes.png.70bc13f24474b0cae61f6233074dc911.png

This is the eighth badge in the Badge of Honour series (the concept is linked to in the spoiler below).

Reveal hidden contents

What do you do when you have second best team in the country, but your main rivals have a bigger budget, can attract the best players in the world, and have won the last 8 titles in a row? You do what all of us here on Vibe do when we can't buy truly world class players. You buy wonderkids and hope they develop quickly and lead you to glory!

So it's been with Borussia Dortmund. In recent years, they've bought some great wonderkids: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna, all of whom have the potential to be amongst the best players in the game. But can these players lead them to glory? And who will they buy next? 

Okay... This one is a little more complicated, so please read carefully:

Team

• To earn your badge you need to manage Borussia Dortmund for two seasons.

Players

• First season: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).
  • Second season: The same 5 players from the first season and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).

Score

• Goals and assists from all 5 players in the first season.
  • Goals and assists from all 6 players in the second season.
  • League points and GD for both seasons.
  • Bonus points: +20 for a CL win (can happen twice if you're really good/lucky).

Benchmarks:

• Each of the first 5 players must provide 30 contributions across both seasons.
  • The 6th player must provide 15 contributions in the second season.
  • You must win the league at least once.
  • You must get to the CL final at least once.

If you meet the benchmarks you will earn your badge and your total score will be submitted to the leaderboard.

You can play your wonderkids in any position. The second season's wonderkid cannot be purchased in the first season, they must be purchased in the second season.

General Rules

• No unlockables;
  • No cheating;
  • Own formations;
  • And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database;
  • Transfers, etc, allowed;
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;
  • Again, don’t be a cheat

Credits: Thanks to @Rob for the Badges of Honour concept and thanks to @FuddledFox for the fantastic logo! Thanks to @RichD for coming up with the original idea that this was built on top of and to Rob, Foxy and Rich for helping refine the challenge.

Leaderboard

1. @Scratch - 821 points (link)
  2. @Rich - 780 points (link)
  3. @Dai_ - 776 points (link)
  4. @Rob - 705 points (link)
  5. @Ian - 690 points (link)

Why Reyna and not Youssofa Moukoko? How will i ignore such a Wonderkid? 👀😂😂😂😂

On 02/03/2021 at 00:12, KickbackFootball said:

Why Reyna and not Youssofa Moukoko? How will i ignore such a Wonderkid? 👀😂😂😂😂

Haha, because he wasn't in the game until a few weeks ago! If he'd been in there from the start we probably would have included him - would have made it interesting becasue although he's class, players that young are often a little inconsistent.

32 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Haha, because he wasn't in the game until a few weeks ago! If he'd been in there from the start we probably would have included him - would have made it interesting becasue although he's class, players that young are often a little inconsistent.

I see. Yeah i forgot he's not there in the first Database 😂. Will try this challenge once i finish attempting my Bruno x Jesus in one go attempt 😂

On 05/02/2021 at 08:21, Scratch said:

299185239_BorrusiaBabes.png.70bc13f24474b0cae61f6233074dc911.png

This is the eighth badge in the Badge of Honour series (the concept is linked to in the spoiler below).

Reveal hidden contents

What do you do when you have second best team in the country, but your main rivals have a bigger budget, can attract the best players in the world, and have won the last 8 titles in a row? You do what all of us here on Vibe do when we can't buy truly world class players. You buy wonderkids and hope they develop quickly and lead you to glory!

So it's been with Borussia Dortmund. In recent years, they've bought some great wonderkids: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna, all of whom have the potential to be amongst the best players in the game. But can these players lead them to glory? And who will they buy next? 

Okay... This one is a little more complicated, so please read carefully:

Team

• To earn your badge you need to manage Borussia Dortmund for two seasons.

Players

• First season: Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham, Reyna and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).
  • Second season: The same 5 players from the first season and buy one more player who is 20 or under at the time of purchase (screenshot needed).

Score

• Goals and assists from all 5 players in the first season.
  • Goals and assists from all 6 players in the second season.
  • League points and GD for both seasons.
  • Bonus points: +20 for a CL win (can happen twice if you're really good/lucky).

Benchmarks:

• Each of the first 5 players must provide 30 contributions across both seasons.
  • The 6th player must provide 15 contributions in the second season.
  • You must win the league at least once.
  • You must get to the CL final at least once.

If you meet the benchmarks you will earn your badge and your total score will be submitted to the leaderboard.

You can play your wonderkids in any position. The second season's wonderkid cannot be purchased in the first season, they must be purchased in the second season.

General Rules

• No unlockables;
  • No cheating;
  • Own formations;
  • And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database;
  • Transfers, etc, allowed;
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;
  • Again, don’t be a cheat

Credits: Thanks to @Rob for the Badges of Honour concept and thanks to @FuddledFox for the fantastic logo! Thanks to @RichD for coming up with the original idea that this was built on top of and to Rob, Foxy and Rich for helping refine the challenge.

Leaderboard

1. @FrAn4eSc0 - 882 points (link)
  2. @Scratch - 821 points (link)
  3. @Rich - 780 points (link)
  4. @Dai_ - 776 points (link)
  5. @Rob - 705 points (link)
  6. @Ian - 690 points (link)
  7. @BordeauxAndBrawn - 555 points (link)

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/46739-borussia-babes-challenge-attempt/?tab=comments#comment-452497

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Plimmerz92 said:

@Scratch