Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Creating a Club Legend

FuddledFox

611170703_clublegend.thumb.png.693ef2b10ae224a3ffd15c15cbaca590.png

Every club has its legends and often that is because of the amount of goals a player has scored for the club. The aim of this challenge is to make a player a clubs all time top scorer and do it at a better goals per game (GpG) rate than the clubs current all time top scorer. You can manage any club you want so simply pick a team, research there top scorer in all competitions and that players goals and GpG rate and then set out to beat that total with your chosen player.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4eb634559ea0fbb984a9c7756fc7a3e.jpeg

The beauty is you can make the challenge as hard or as easy and as long or as short as you want depending on the club. Barca would take longer and would probably become a 1kc to beat Messi’s total but a club like Oxford where the target is 108 and over 0.26 GpG goals it would be quicker and easier to achieve

image.thumb.jpeg.51f907d844c6a2ac680e4a2725189f3d.jpeg

• You can manage any club in the game you wish. Make sure you research who the clubs in real life all time top scorer is and in how many games it took them to get to that goal total. Once you know how many goals they scored you divide that total by the number of games they played and this gives you there GpG rate. 
  • The player you use can play any position/role on the pitch you want.
  • The player you use must be same nationality as the previous top scorer at the club. EG at Barcelona you would need to use an Argentine.
  • It is all time top scorer in all competitions at your chosen club that you are trying to beat.
  • Your player must score at a higher GpG rate than the previous club top scorer as well as beat his total of goals in all competitions.
  • Your leaderboard score is calculated as the GpG rate your player scores at.
  • Important: If the player you choose has already scored goals for the club they don’t count. The player must score more goals than the current club top scorer under your management so they effectively start on zero goals for the club when the save starts.
  • If a player is a clubs top scorer and still at the club then you need beat his goal/GpG total from the moment you start the save. Lionel Messi is an obvious example of this so you need to check what his total is on the day the save starts and then beat that.
  • Usual Vibe rules apply of no unlockables, no edited databases, no IGE, no reloading. Basically don’t cheat.

image.thumb.jpeg.75c0f28da45bbf33a77e4bad53d52292.jpeg

Leaderboard - This will be ranked by GpG but also tell me the total goals they got as that will be listed as well.

• @George Traistă - Arsenal - Target: 228 in 376 games @0.61 GpG - Amine Gouiri: 1.6 GpG
  • @Real_Random - Western Sydney Wanderers - Target: 41Gls in 114 Games @ 0.35 GpG - Tomi Juric: 1.05 GpG
  • @Albionic - WBA - Target: 279Gls in 720 Games @ 0.38 GpG - Rory Delap: 0.88 GpG

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I was determined to do something with Everton and DCL and this seems like a good one as I’m pretty sure Dixie Dean scored around 400. 

383 in 433 games at a rate of 0.88 GpG to be precise as he was one of the players I looked at when planning the creation of this challenge.

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

This is great. I’ll get into my favourite club and complete this in 2 seasons 😁

I don’t think you’ll complete it in 2 seasons with Newcastle.

I know you've been wondering, and the Brentford mark was set by the legendary Jim Towers back in the late 50's, with 163 goals in 282 games (0.578gpg). Could be a tempting one for me in the future...

On 08/02/2021 at 01:38, FuddledFox said:

The player you use must be same nationality as the previous top scorer at the club

Ruined my plan to break Llandudno scoring record 😡😡

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Ruined my plan to break Llandudno scoring record 😡😡

Weird you say that, I was planning one with my hometown in Wales right now, not going to do it for a while mind.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Weird you say that, I was planning one with my hometown in Wales right now, not going to do it for a while mind.

I did it while recovering from Augusta and broke the record with an Englishman. You should do it will take only about a season or two.

Doing some research into who this would be for Villa, and i think its Billy Walker. Scored 244 goals in 531 apperances. 

That works out to be 0.459 goals per game. 

That should be do-able in three maybe four seasons. English aswell - so plenty of options for the potential player. 

I think i have the hardest team for this challenge.. Sporting Lisbon..His all time top Goalscorer has a 1.62 Gpg with 544 goals in 334 games!! Really impressive..I believe @Rich can beat this score for fun

16 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

I think i have the hardest team for this challenge.. Sporting Lisbon..His all time top Goalscorer has a 1.62 Gpg with 544 goals in 334 games!! Really impressive..I believe @Rich can beat this score for fun

Definitely. He also got 2.5 goals per game in his debut season, and scored 9 goals in a single game once. 

25 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

If we all do this challenge with our supported clubs, there should be a sub-league table of Newcastle attempts.

Yes, it should be a group called Premiere League with all the members and all Newcastle fans in a group called Championship 😂

Edited by George Traistă
1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

Yes, it should be a group called Premiere League with all the members and all Newcastle fans in a group called Championship 😂

🤬don’t make us come over to Romania!

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I am unfairly outnumbered on this site tbh.

Yeah can’t remember anyone willing to support Sunderland other than you.

It’ll a comfortable Man City vs Newcastle leaderboard if everyone attempt this

28 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Calm down, we'll call the Sunderland table league one

Bad move! Should also be a challenge to match the trophy cabinet of a club, you will finish it in record time with Spurs 😂