Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries the Borussia Babes [Attempt 2 Complete]

Scratch

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah mostly going well. Getting about 4 goals a game:

735075301_Screenshot_20210212-204409_FM21Mobile-01.jpeg.7113090e7570118c935a5e098e4a528a.jpeg

Of course the challenge will be whether we can carry that over to the Champions league. Might not even make it out of the group at this stage.

I'm doing something slightly unusual with the positions:

1771638120_Screenshot_20210212-014903_FM21Mobile-01.jpeg.9357be52a4c226b97ad991f5a2aac95e.jpeg

Because I need 3 strikers and I only have two, I'm retraining Sancho as a striker.

I'm also retraining Reyna as a striker for flexibility, but my goal is for him to play the attacking midfield role.

Eventually Bellingham will be my right wing, where he's done really well for me in the past, but at the moment I'm mostly bringing him off the bench into the AMC role.

It's a struggle to retrain both Sancho and Reyna as strikers, they complain a lot, but I know it can be done from my defenders TT last year.

I did the same, I trained both as Strikers and trained Bellingham as a left inside forward though. Took a while for both sancho and Reyna to retrain there and get a stats boost. But they both looked good by the end though. Bellingham......not so much

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I did the same, I trained both as Strikers and trained Bellingham as a left inside forward though. Took a while for both sancho and Reyna to retrain there and get a stats boost. But they both looked good by the end though. Bellingham......not so much

Good to see I'm not being too crazy then, seems like a sensible idea to retrain them.

Last year I had Bellingham as a winger with a crossing attribute of 19 or 20. But it's going to take him too long to ramp up in this save. So I may end up just rotating him through the AMC slot with Reyna. And rotating Reyna with Sancho upfront. Not sure what I'll do next season now. Do I need another striker? Or a proper winger? Or something else? Plenty of time before I need to make that decision though.

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Good to see I'm not being too crazy then, seems like a sensible idea to retrain them.

Last year I had Bellingham as a winger with a crossing attribute of 19 or 20. But it's going to take him too long to ramp up in this save. So I may end up just rotating him through the AMC slot with Reyna. And rotating Reyna with Sancho upfront. Not sure what I'll do next season now. Do I need another striker? Or a proper winger? Or something else? Plenty of time before I need to make that decision though.

Yeah for our all out attacking style on this one, they need to be retrained 😁

Bellingham always turned out awesome for me as well last year, but it was always as he got older, so I’m guessing he doesn’t improve much before he’s 19 maybe? 

I know second season I wasn’t sure what position I needed, I always had a plan of signing a big striker who could head like Haaland but Reyna and Sancho ended up there with Haaland, so I had Plata and Fati on the wings then. So many ways to go about it which is fun 😁

37 minutes ago, Maraz kral said:

Please give tactic

He’s shown his formation. You should do the test for instructions yourself instead of simply asking for tactic. Don’t get offended I’m just telling it’s a lot better to try it yourself.

24 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Ok that was... harsh? 🤣

added 0 minutes later

I can’t wait for @Scratch being too polite and give his instructions 

Ok take back, take back! I just was what he said before it gets deleted.

17 hours ago, Maraz kral said:

Please give tactic

You need to understand that a lot of people here really dislike it when people who don't contribute to the conversation, come along and say "give me your tactic" (even if you say please). If only one person did it, it would be ok, but there is a steady stream of people doing it and it becomes pretty annoying. Which is why you got the reaction you got.

These same people who are annoyed by this will help you a lot, if you ask the right way and show that you are trying to work things out yourself, rather than just take what someone else has come up with.

When people want to share their tactic, they post it in tactics section. There's plenty of tactics there for you try! 

I haven't shared this tactic yet. I might one day. But honestly, I'm not sure I will, because you need to change the instructions a fair bit depending on how the game is going and who the opposition are.

If I use the tactic in a weak league, it works almost all the time. If I use it in a strong league, I'm constantly tweaking.

Overloading works most of the time, but sometimes you need to dial it back a bit, sometimes a lot. Sometimes the chances still aren't being created, so you need to turn on runs with the ball, or you need to press high. Sometimes none of it works. 

So if I post the tactic, people will say "this doesn't work" and complain, and I have better things to do with my time than deal with that. If you are looking for a plug and play tactic, I don't think you'll find one for FMM21.

Anyway with all that said, most of my instructions are the default, with Overload,  Short passing and Centre passing focus. But you're going to have to experiment and see what works for you.

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I can’t wait for @Scratch being too polite and give his instructions

What can I say, I'm Australian and we are just so polite! 😆

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Although we are killing it in the league, things haven't been going so well in Europe:

1524693351_Screenshot_20210213-012759_FM21Mobile-01.jpeg.36cef0da2fab4bc987697f31eaae03c0.jpeg

So we're not meeting that benchmark in season 1. 😢

Ohh gutted mate, I struggled first season in the champions league also, hopefully with a stronger squad, next year will be your year 😁

12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I posted our big win over Bayern Munich earlier on, so it's only fair that I post this:

511125445_Screenshot_20210214-193434_FM21Mobile-01.jpeg.1c6b364bb37afb36e527c5f643e07725.jpeg

My boy Leroy Sane destroyed you 😆

8 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

My boy Leroy Sane destroyed you 😆

Yeah, our form is pretty patchy right now. We had 24 shots on target so I think the tactic is still working, but I'm thinking the players are just a little worn out so not capitalising on the chances...

58 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, our form is pretty patchy right now. We had 24 shots on target so I think the tactic is still working, but I'm thinking the players are just a little worn out so not capitalising on the chances...

That’s totally how I look at things too... then I notice they had 19 and they had more on target...

This game can break us! You need to stop teasing and get that first season shown! 

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

That’s totally how I look at things too... then I notice they had 19 and they had more on target...

This game can break us! You need to stop teasing and get that first season shown! 

Haha yeah, we gave them too many chances and hopefully we'll tighten up next season as the players step up a little, but at the beginning of the season we'd be winning those 5-3.

It's April now, might or might not get the season finished tonight Dropping a few games in the league now, players need resting every second or third game, less contribuitons for our main lads. Dragging ourselves towards that line...

It does feel like a bit of a ‘drag to the line’ doesn’t it? Just you wait until season 2 when you have 6 players to try and keep fit...

It is a bit of a slog the first season especially with the youngsters getting tired towards the end of the season. It was my first attempt I really noticed it as I was trying to get them all on the pitch together more. The second attempt I just flat out rotated the five into three position which helped with the tiredness but perhaps not with their returns.

Look forward to seeing how the season has gone.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

It does feel like a bit of a ‘drag to the line’ doesn’t it? Just you wait until season 2 when you have 6 players to try and keep fit...

Yeah, because it's so many youngsters and they just fn tired all the time. Didn't think about that when we came up with this. 6 older players would be a different thinkg entirely... 

5 hours ago, Ian said:

It is a bit of a slog the first season especially with the youngsters getting tired towards the end of the season. It was my first attempt I really noticed it as I was trying to get them all on the pitch together more. The second attempt I just flat out rotated the five into three position which helped with the tiredness but perhaps not with their returns.

Look forward to seeing how the season has gone.

Yeah, I started trying to rotate 5 into 4, but in the second half of the season that didn't cut it any more. It became rotate Reyna and Bellingham and then give the other 3 every 2nd or 3rd off. Maybe I should go with rotating 6 through 3 positions next sesason. I'll probably go with 6 into 4 though, as Bellingham can't play upfront...

Season 1

Transfers

Spoiler

borussia-s1-32.jpg.95dd9cd8cf701a54f318f702a6b2936b.jpg

borussia-s1-33.jpg.76782a3991db1fdab85b944dcb3c5458.jpg

borussia-s1-34.jpg.632dab2493e1da399e9b818cd543023d.jpg

borussia-s1-35.jpg.dcbb76fd3cc3e824014df12770b48659.jpg

borussia-s1-37.jpg.b2fbd9e2f772611b74b88255642ba325.jpg

Some notes:

• I wanted to keep Dahoud as a backup CM. I have him in another save and he's pretty decent. However, he didn't think Bellingham would make it at the club and talking to him didn't pull him in line, so he had to go.
  • I bought Kik Perie and Baro even though they aren't quite ready for action at this level and sent them out on loan hoping they will come back in a much better state.
  • I couldn't get Skrinar who went to Bayern instead, or any of my usual crowd, so I went with Demiral instead. I'd tried to buy him a few times, as I think he's top notch, but I've never signed him before because either I can get Skirnaar and/or Varane, or I'm at a club he's too good for. Dortmund seems to be a happy balance between the two. He's done well, but too many red cards (2 I think).
  • Barella!
  • ASM because he's done so well for me in my Newcastle TT (against my expectations).
  • Waldschmidt looks good, but has been a mistake with only 2 goals in about 53 games off the bench and almost no development. I saw someone else use with with great effect (forget who sorry), so thought I'd try him out. I think he'd do alright if he was getting full games and thererfore goals and therefore development, but he's too old to develop much with just the odd goal off the bench. 

Results

Here's the overview:

borussia-s1-31.jpg.701bad4010b4fb5f3c0e7247e7a1b422.jpg

We won almost everything and even made it to the Cup Final in Europe - just the wrong one! The fact that we beat our rivals Bayern Munich in that final was satisfying and shows we've eclipsed them, but it doesn't help us meet the benchmark. 

Anyway, here are all the screenshots:

Spoiler

borussia-s1-08.jpg.298c0c9948138031fb1c7e8e8730abb0.jpg

borussia-s1-09.jpg.40fcbbc9312246f6e7daeffaef656061.jpg

borussia-s1-23.jpg.4c8b25351a60f735cd311ff6c12181e1.jpg

borussia-s1-27.jpg.26c5d1883b3ec88bf210064feb6ffa7c.jpg

borussia-s1-29.jpg.3aa916420cf04f6f699347bb37923f21.jpg

This is the important one though, showing we've picked up 78 points for GD and 92 points for league points:

borussia-s1-28.jpg.f36c52e18a7e41b89176f463db21fc0b.jpg

Injuries

Spoiler

borussia-s1-26.jpg.c3f5f863d2fa5325f2a8fe3d7e8e3ebb.jpg

borussia-s1-30.jpg.f6d06b0a08af084236299411f817168e.jpg

Only one injury to a main lad: 3 weeks for Bellingham. Reyna also got injured in the Europa League Final, but of course won't miss any other games.

I've been really lucky in recent saves/seasons and I'm starting to wonder why - maybe it is the version I'm on (the version before the current one)? Or maybe because I rest the players the second the Slightly Tired message comes up? I'm not complaining, but I'd like to understand it, because it's reached the level where I'm actually hoping for injuries so it doesn't look like I'm reloading!

The Lads

Here's what they look like and their history pages:

Spoiler

borussia-s1-41.jpg.650efaa412dd7732a8cbd20776e513b7.jpg

borussia-s1-42.jpg.01dc366b82dbcd7eabd0380a7c434d47.jpg

borussia-s1-43.jpg.cea5ee6af187f0416e8988151398dca4.jpg

borussia-s1-44.jpg.78c7989c5172e18fe69896687057dc2c.jpg

borussia-s1-45.jpg.a2d8fbe7e040c3f18e3d939bcb242892.jpg

borussia-s1-46.jpg.697e59b1abd6affcb5abe3098e022ddd.jpg

borussia-s1-47.jpg.fab70aeebcf94ad0350b8701494190ad.jpg

borussia-s1-48.jpg.bc3e1276cf7570c4496e65e82cd81a33.jpg

borussia-s1-49.jpg.a4d4024c385bf2c12a61cc5fff602289.jpg

borussia-s1-50.jpg.d98e42826b9253c2f9d2fde83fb9bddc.jpg

Good development for Vlahovic, none of note for Bellingham, and a little for the rest.

Contributions

contributions.PNG.c277c2e744056d995e4aa5d08dae19bd.PNG

• Haaland did well for me, but not as many goals as I've seen him get for others as part of this. I guess that's down to the tactic. He played right TM, near post on corners and was on penalties.
  • Vlahovic was a little disappointing. He was getting a goal a game for the first 10 games or so, then slowed down daramatically. I guess the same could said of all of them (slowing down after the first 10 games). He was left TM.
  • Sancho mostly played as P bewteen the two TMs and did a decent job despite retraining. 
  • I have to say Renya is a great player - not someone I've used before, but surely someone I will use again. He mainly played as T in the AM line and was also on freekicks for the second half of the season (after everyone had a turn in the first half) and corners.
  • Which brings us to Bellingham - not a bad performance for someone who mostly came off the bench in the T position and who rested Reyna every so often (more often towards the end of the season). If I give him more game time in season 2 he'll easily make the benchmark.

Season 1 Total

• GD: 78
  • League points: 92
  • Haaland: 53
  • Sancho: 35
  • Vlahovic: 33
  • Reyna: 42
  • Bellingham: 18

TOTAL: 351

So that puts us on course to have a competitve score, but the big question is going to be whether we can get that UCL Final spot. 

That will have to wait though. Right now I need to go shopping for another player.

That’s a great first season scratch, great going. Nearly hitting the benchmark for each player already and the league was a stroll. Just hopefully now champions league can be won second season 😁

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

That’s a great one Scratch. Haaland is quite disappointing considering his quality but still the job’s done. Also, Barella!

Thanks mate, I think it's just down to the way I'm using him.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

That’s a great first season scratch, great going. Nearly hitting the benchmark for each player already and the league was a stroll. Just hopefully now champions league can be won second season 😁

Thanks mate, yeah I'm pretty happy with it, just got to get that Champions league. And that's far from certain!

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Wonderful first season mate. Just don’t mess up on Europe in season 2....

Reveal hidden contents

*evil Bond villain cackle*

mwahahahahaah

Keep stroking your pussy mate! We all know Bond wins in the end.

added 0 minutes later
10 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Cracking score in the 1st season.

Thanks mate, it went pretty well apart from the Champions league of course.