Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratch

Career Scratch Tries the Borussia Babes [Attempt 2 Complete]

Recommended Posts

Great score that @Scratch

It's always a conundrum knowing what mentality works best. Obviously in an ideal world we would adjust it each game and during games sometimes. 

For me it's about plug and play so I stick with my choice throughout. Balanced was always my favourite in games gone by but last version I had more success with Attacking. This year Attacking didn't work for me at all so I'm all in at present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 07:27, billy2shots said:

Great score that @Scratch

It's always a conundrum knowing what mentality works best. Obviously in an ideal world we would adjust it each game and during games sometimes. 

For me it's about plug and play so I stick with my choice throughout. Balanced was always my favourite in games gone by but last version I had more success with Attacking. This year Attacking didn't work for me at all so I'm all in at present. 

Yeah, I want it to be plug and play and had it working last year, just not quite there this year. Maybe getting closer. But everytime I think that it stops working! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I want it to be plug and play and had it working last year, just not quite there this year. Maybe getting closer. But everytime I think that it stops working! 😄

See I feel like the tactic I've been using in pretty much all my longer term saves is pretty much plug and play.

But I use Overload, I've tried dropping down to Attacking and it just seems to be slightly less effective. It doesn't matter at what level I play, I haven't tried right at the bottom of the English leagues, but I used it in Australia and honestly I think it's not much difference in league quality :P

 

My problem is that now I find whenever I try to adapt it to a different formation, it just doesn't seem as good so I go back to it to ensure I score the goals I need with my lone striker.

 

I cannot for the life of me get a more than 1 striker formation working properly! It just feels too open at the back and I lose the midfield battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

See I feel like the tactic I've been using in pretty much all my longer term saves is pretty much plug and play.

But I use Overload, I've tried dropping down to Attacking and it just seems to be slightly less effective. It doesn't matter at what level I play, I haven't tried right at the bottom of the English leagues, but I used it in Australia and honestly I think it's not much difference in league quality :P

 

My problem is that now I find whenever I try to adapt it to a different formation, it just doesn't seem as good so I go back to it to ensure I score the goals I need with my lone striker.

 

I cannot for the life of me get a more than 1 striker formation working properly! It just feels too open at the back and I lose the midfield battle.

To be fair, my TT Blaster tactic is plug and play with no changes in China or Scotland, just not quite in the tougher leagues. With a few variations it almost is, or at least can be used that way, but ... not sure how to describe this - it just seems to be very fiddly this year.

I had it it working every game with Balanced at Dortmund, but that did do so well at Newcastle. I had it working every game at Newcastle with Attacking, but that didn't work so well at Dortmund.

I guess I'm saying I can get it plug and play for a season, but not across seasons and not across leagues - so it's not truly plug and play unless you're at a weaker league. So frustrating!

As for the formation I have a couple of different ones I use. I generally favour 3 CMs to win the midfield battle - but the TT Blaster only has 1 CM and only 1CD and it shouldn't work at all - but it does! I guess that's why it's so fiddly though. It can be great, but things are always on a knifes edge and if it gets slightly out of balance I end up getting smashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scratch said:

To be fair, my TT Blaster tactic is plug and play with no changes in China or Scotland, just not quite in the tougher leagues. With a few variations it almost is, or at least can be used that way, but ... not sure how to describe this - it just seems to be very fiddly this year.

I had it it working every game with Balanced at Dortmund, but that did do so well at Newcastle. I had it working every game at Newcastle with Attacking, but that didn't work so well at Dortmund.

I guess I'm saying I can get it plug and play for a season, but not across seasons and not across leagues - so it's not truly plug and play unless you're at a weaker league. So frustrating!

As for the formation I have a couple of different ones I use. I generally favour 3 CMs to win the midfield battle - but the TT Blaster only has 1 CM and only 1CD and it shouldn't work at all - but it does! I guess that's why it's so fiddly though. It can be great, but things are always on a knifes edge and if it gets slightly out of balance I end up getting smashed. 

Isn't that the beauty of it though?

I've always thought you can't play the exact same way in every league. The fundamentals might be the same but just a slight tweek is needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Woody said:

Isn't that the beauty of it though?

I've always thought you can't play the exact same way in every league. The fundamentals might be the same but just a slight tweek is needed.

 

Yeah, makes sense. I've had tactics that didn't go so well in other places. I guess I just understand the fine balance a little better now. In the past I have given up on careers because the tactic didn't work in that country, but now I just keep tweaking until it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also remember your clubs reputation will influence things. 

Using Celtic, Dortmund etc will mean the other teams in your league will be scared of you and play accordingly. 

Playing with Newcastle etc will have teams going after you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Also remember your clubs reputation will influence things. 

Using Celtic, Dortmund etc will mean the other teams in your league will be scared of you and play accordingly. 

Playing with Newcastle etc will have teams going after you

Not this Newcastle mate! Already won the UCL, not quite the EPL, but 3rd in season 2 and 2nd in season 3. So they all be narrowing their goal posts in fear. 🤣

I take your point though. Anyway, I came up with a tactic that did pretty good (but of course now I want to try the original TT Blaster again)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×