Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Create a club legend/ 1KC with West Brom (52 goals to go!)

Albionic

Hello and welcome to West Bromwich, a town with a population of just under 78,000, that somehow has a terrible premier league football club (I can say that, I support them)

It is here that we shall undertake this challenge:

As well as a possible 1KC if things go right

The player we have to beat is this man:

image.png.59255a25faa01b04067eb11289c9f363.png

The brilliantly named Tony "Bomber" Brown, and his record of 279 goals in 720 appearances, a goal rate of 0.3875 GPG (this will probably not increase as he retired in 1981, but West Brom do need goals)

The player we have chosen to do so is this man:

image.thumb.png.c7b06d4e549d4bb7fbd9eab974210210.png

That's right, it is the prince of long throw ins, Liam Delap, son of Rory.

Now just a side note here - don't expect much from the first season, West Brom have a decent championship squad in the premier league, with no money, and as the current league table proves, this doesn't really work, so the first season will be more about survival. I tried my goalscoring tactic and we lost the first 8 games, so I decided to start again and go more sensible. Once we are established, then we can go crazy and possibly aim for that 1KC.

Thanks for reading and I am gonna need as much luck as possible here!

Edited by Albionic
1 hour ago, Rich said:

This sounds great mate, I really want to use him as well. He looks awesome, good luck 😁

Thanks mate, he is improving nicely, the only problem is he is unprofessional, so that has to be sorted.

9 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Tony "Bomber" Brown, what a cool name! Good lick on this!

Cheers mate, my favourite thing is that he went on to play for the New England Tea Men, which has got to be the worst name ever.

1 minute ago, Albionic said:

Cheers mate, my favourite thing is that he went on to play for the New England Tea Men, which has got to be the worst name ever.

I would agrue about it giving the fact that the team was from Boston is funny as hell 😂

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Lovely choice 

1 hour ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

Good luck!

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. It is going to be a challenge for the first few years, that's for sure.

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

Good luck, will be very interesting this.

Thanks mate, need to make sure i don't get sacked first season first though!

Good luck with this, it made me smile as I'm sure Huddersfield's all time top scorer is George "Bomber" Brown... Are there more Bomber Browns out there? 😂

Edited by StuartM
Speling
4 hours ago, StuartM said:

Good luck with this, it made me smile as I'm sure Huddersfield's all time top scorer is George "Bomber" Brown... Are there more Bomber Browns out there? 😂

I can remember Wes "Bummer" Brown, definitely one of the weakest player that went to ever win premiere league 😂

that'll be some hard work, good luck!

btw what's your opinion on Romaine Sawyers? bit of a luxury for a relegation-threatened team... we've always been baffled by how deep he's played for you, not that he was a 10 for us or anything, but you've always seemed to have him as a midfield anchorman when we never used him there...

12 hours ago, StuartM said:

Probably hundreds! Tony got his due to his playing style from what I could find, not his affinity for explosives (I hope)

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Good luck mate. Liam Delap is an excellent choice.

7 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Very interesting choice. Good luck. 

7 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck mate 

Cheers guys, He looks like he is going to be a good player in a couple of years, but right now he is not really at Premier League level

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

that'll be some hard work, good luck!

btw what's your opinion on Romaine Sawyers? bit of a luxury for a relegation-threatened team... we've always been baffled by how deep he's played for you, not that he was a 10 for us or anything, but you've always seemed to have him as a midfield anchorman when we never used him there...

thanks mate, and yeah he hasn't been great for us, even in the championship his defensive work was awful, and I think the fact he is from the West Brom academy has saved him. I think it is just the lack of alternative options, and the fact he is the only person who can put a pass together, is why he's playing. I think he's a good championship player, but not premier league standard.

Season One

This season was ... a struggle. The squad needed a complete overhaul, and I was more focused on staying up than scoring goals, as you will soon see.

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_1544.thumb.PNG.fc4e69845c5ec583373ec0941f350251.PNGIMG_1545.thumb.PNG.bb3cdea5835c6d4ec54a6717916f959b.PNGIMG_1543.thumb.PNG.e36083dd9e6f058fb6bb3d6cf0cbbad0.PNG

I basically tried to sell everyone, and these were the only ones who would leave. I was particularly sad to sell Pereira, as he is our one good player, but in FM his personality is bad, he isn't great and he was worth a lot of money. Rulli was exceptional, Milner won some games early in the season by himself, and Julien was solid at the back

Competitions

IMG_1542.thumb.PNG.1056e34edb3eadbcfcd8b065fcdc39c1.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1550.thumb.PNG.f52214ca2bf04c387bb6725da64efcff.PNGIMG_1551.thumb.PNG.c985cbfda3b4aea0ba33ff1f74effd50.PNG

IMG_1556.thumb.PNG.11ef225e3c27dc288b94b61638df815b.PNGIMG_1557.thumb.PNG.0936c7673afeac9195b34d40d45511b5.PNGIMG_1558.thumb.PNG.f93c1154543be157846298a22164b2e9.PNGIMG_1559.thumb.PNG.225217f0d9a30db128eaf2bf7ef4c087.PNG

Well we stayed up, that is about it. The goals scored were pitiful, as the premier league was just too strong for Delap to score regularly, and priority one this season was staying up. I decided early on that there was no way we could outscore opponents, so we went from there. Equally I am no tactical genius when it comes to goalscoring (or anything), so I am learning as I go.

Best Performers

IMG_1549.thumb.PNG.144333ff65a6afada95e35f787d9a8e4.PNG

Diangana and Grant were about the only two originals I used, and Makienok was my heading mentor and back up

Delap

IMG_1546.thumb.PNG.412a094456a8aff1b787d23803b6125f.PNGIMG_1547.thumb.PNG.164352060cbfac4c774c3b686076caab.PNG

Yeah, that says 6 goals. A combination of being not good enough to compete yet, both him and the team lead to this. However, I am hopeful that as the squad improves, and as he improves (the big updates came right at the end of the season annoyingly), this will increase

So that leaves us with 274 goals to go, and the rate needs to improve as well.

Thanks for reading, let's hope season 2 improves this.

I wouldn’t worry about how many he scored, that will come with a better quality squad, you done great to finish 14th with them. He looks very good now, I’m sure you’ll have a much better season next year 😁

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I wouldn’t worry about how many he scored, that will come with a better quality squad, you done great to finish 14th with them. He looks very good now, I’m sure you’ll have a much better season next year 😁

Cheers mate, hoping to find some decent quality players this summer, and try and make a decent tactic.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Yep gotta get that first one out the way, job done, let's go from here! 

You sent him to Forest?!? You really don't like him huh? :D

They offered me a lot of money, and I decided he can score own goals from 20 yards in Nottingham instead of West Bromwich. 

Thanks mate, he has developed very well which I hope means he will score plenty this year.

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

A decent start but his aerial and shooting are very solid now. Should bang you at least 30 goals.

Yeah, he has started the next season pretty well already, no spoilers though.

And @Mr Tree just checked on Sawyers, seems he signed for Forest, got them promoted without playing a single game, and is one of their fan favourites. This game confuses me.

Season Two

Season two went better, but the premier league is hard, and Delap is very inconsistent, despite his coach report saying otherwise

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_1574.thumb.PNG.1ccb1c7efdb1a19ee208f0ce8055bdfc.PNGIMG_1575.thumb.PNG.8094b55592deb9945adef8262272ca23.PNGIMG_1576.thumb.PNG.d38f3ceddfdf3b84a930f4263594d838.PNG

What do you do when trying to score goals on Vibe? You sign Villa and Dilrosun thats what! Tried to get ugarte last year but couldn't get work permit, and rest of transfers (minus lukaku) were good.

Results

IMG_1573.thumb.PNG.f42af097c9eeac29480753c519a2bc7c.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1568.thumb.PNG.8fe5d47dc6c7a49393af1661da5e1b04.PNGIMG_1569.thumb.PNG.9faecb3758582b86ab988584d4136ffc.PNG

IMG_1570.thumb.PNG.899b16d4dfcfe1e7f1a558e77342cdd4.PNGIMG_1571.thumb.PNG.9590bc18f3f8d61ea6f2d3dea31e11e2.PNG

IMG_1577.thumb.PNG.ae13674f66357589b7a2739db4215dee.PNG

Better than last season, but I couldn't quite find a tactic that had Delap scoring and us winning games, which is why we were so inconsistent.

Lost narrowly in the semi finals in both cups as well, which was frustrating

Best Performers

IMG_1564.thumb.PNG.4798af04a840300fe17f130b11b24c4b.PNGIMG_1565.thumb.PNG.3e574f02523630029c12bebec7169c74.PNG

Onguene is one of my favourites, always develops into a top centre back, but it was a struggle to find a good tactic, especially the midfield

Delap

Spoiler

IMG_1567.thumb.PNG.fe56fef1076e9c62785476a9ef3f0f5b.PNGIMG_1566.thumb.PNG.1a256b72fd8ee6ab22be87250a68d57b.PNG

Just as how his Dad's throw ins were annoying and frustrating for the opposition, so was he to use! He would have games having lots of high quality shots and headers and miss them all! He also went on a run of 10 games without a goal, and his development was stuck for a while, but better than last year and he is still developing.

I kept changing tactics, as I wasn't convinced with any of them. I tried 4231, 4321, 4222 all with different variations, and none of them seemed like world beaters.

So overall, he has scored 29 goals, meaning we need 251 more to get there ,but the rate is now correct!

Thanks for reading, and aiming for 35 goals next season and a european place!

Edited by Albionic

Very good season mate! And you are right Villa and Dilrosun are the boys to get in for sure. Hopefully with stats improving and another summer window, next season will be a good one 😁

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

Very good season mate! And you are right Villa and Dilrosun are the boys to get in for sure. Hopefully with stats improving and another summer window, next season will be a good one 😁

Thanks mate, just need to choose a tactic and stick with it I think. Hopefully the board gives me more than 20mill this summer, but it is probably unlikely knowing West Brom's owners.

Going great mate. I'm finding it difficult not to sign Villa and Dilro on pretty much every save at the moment 😂 they are just too good on the wings! Really been meaning to try out some of the Welsh lads (James and Matondo mainly) but just can't stop using these 2! 

Keep it up bud

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

Going great mate. I'm finding it difficult not to sign Villa and Dilro on pretty much every save at the moment 😂 they are just too good on the wings! Really been meaning to try out some of the Welsh lads (James and Matondo mainly) but just can't stop using these 2! 

Keep it up bud

Cheers mate, and Dan James would be ideal, but like everyone any good, is out of my price range. Their crossing is insane, and lets hope Delap can get on the end of a few more.

However, somehow I have sandro tonali coming in on a free, despite me offering him a contract as a joke and him rejecting it. Very confusing.