Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Chris' Portuguese 1KC

Chris

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

I guess your dynamic? Check if you have A for professionalism and work rate. 

Hmm could be it. My work rate was F until some recent signings, but I didn't think that would affect Ramos' work rate? 

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hmm could be it. My work rate was F until some recent signings, but I didn't think that would affect Ramos' work rate? 

I’m not sure but it could be the reason or at least the most logical one.

These kind of results are really holding this lad back 😂 hope he gets better at pens with age! 

Screenshot_20210221_141345_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.6a653a0dbcb15274aeebadf62fbfb52e.jpg

Edited by Chris

Season Four

Transfers In

Screenshot_20210221_175732_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.86777df838ad54ac01dfd99a054886ac.jpg

I made some huge signings after hooking up with my very own sugar daddy. I couldn't go a whole career without using the legend that is Goretzka but unfortunately he struggled to keep up with the performances of Barrelaszlob. De ligt was a nightmare to get, but he is insane this year so I happily parted with 225m plus Serrano to get him. The team was looking very strong now... 

Screenshot_20210221_175846_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.fcf2cc712b5753026ef8fad4c5edec16.jpg

Transfers Out

Screenshot_20210221_175737_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ae186fb76cb4ee6120a007cbb448070e.jpg

Results

Screenshot_20210221_175714_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.2da6d61681d98accf15a77fd4dd3ceff.jpg

Screenshot_20210221_175702_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.88c8dad0500fd6fb77224823e32f82de.jpg

We performed very well in the league winning every game and also scoring 100+ goals for the first time. Our CL run was cut short after 2 narrows losses both home and away to Man City. 

Ramos

Screenshot_20210221_175650_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.fa14db801c98dc56f008316510665103.jpgScreenshot_20210221_175655_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.77238c1bbbebd04d02423a109cc714a1.jpg

Pretty sure he has peaked now and he's looking great. He bagged 80 goals in just 50 games meaning a slight increase in gpg. I'm hopeful that he will start scoring penalties soon and the 100 will come easily. The Portugal squad is really in need of some wingers to help increase his INT gpg but 14 from 11 is still a decent return. 

Score

Screenshot_20210221_181011.thumb.jpg.1aec1cd737408d5f8f64954cfef8203e.jpg

I did mess around with the tactic a fair bit this season, and the goals were much more consistent come the end of it. Hopefully this translates to even more of an improvement in season to come, but for now he's well on his way to the 1K.

Thanks for reading! 

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

Some mad transfers! Goretzka it is truly a legend. Good improvement, well done! 

He really is. Felt bad keeping him benched so often! 

You're going well mate. Steady increases in numbers. A 100 goal season is coming soon. Surely.

Are you using the same formation for the national team? 

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

You're going well mate. Steady increases in numbers. A 100 goal season is coming soon. Surely.

Are you using the same formation for the national team? 

Thanks mate, I hope so too!

I was in the 2nd season but things didn't go too well. For the third I played with IFs instead of Wingers and changed my style a little, and for the latest season I reverted back to wing play with my updated 4411 tactic and it seemed to do much better. It still struggle against strong opponents though. 

2 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Another great season Chris, the team is strong now!

Cheers mate. Hopefully after a season of gelling together they can start to really perforn

Just now, Chris said:

Thanks mate, I hope so too!

I was in the 2nd season but things didn't go too well. For the third I played with IFs instead of Wingers and changed my style a little, and for the latest season I reverted back to wing play with my updated 4411 tactic and it seemed to do much better. It still struggle against strong opponents though. 

Cheers mate. Hopefully after a season of gelling together they can start to really perforn

What do Vinagre and Dalot look like?  I've been tempted to try a Portuguese themed challenge (a double trouble or triple threat) and I use wingers. They can both play there, granted not naturally but might be worth a punt for you?

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

What do Vinagre and Dalot look like?  I've been tempted to try a Portuguese themed challenge (a double trouble or triple threat) and I use wingers. They can both play there, granted not naturally but might be worth a punt for you?

I've used Vinagre on the left when Bernard Silva hasn't been fit and he does fairly average. I normally have him at left FB though. Dalot looks terrible in this save. Using Guedes on the right for now and he's doing okay-ish. There are some decent young bloods coming through though and I will probably try to sign a couple just to retrain them

Another very nice season and some cracking signings. I could never get much from Barella on previous games but I’m seeing and hearing great things about him this year so I’ll have to try him. The Hungarian guy alongside him is brilliant and it looks like you’ve developed a cracking side. Just need to keep going now.

24 minutes ago, Ian said:

Another very nice season and some cracking signings. I could never get much from Barella on previous games but I’m seeing and hearing great things about him this year so I’ll have to try him. The Hungarian guy alongside him is brilliant and it looks like you’ve developed a cracking side. Just need to keep going now.

Cheers Ian. Yeah Barella has been pretty lackluster on previous versions for me and this was my first try really playing him in this one. He's doing great but I think the tactic matters more than anything. Funnily enough Goretzka has always performed for me, including this year, but doesn't seem to play properly at all with the current tactic

12 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Impressive Christine. What a freaking mad team you’ve built. Who’s the left wing though? I never heard of him.

Thanks mate. I'd never come across him before and he was originally bought in to play sub for Dilrosun but he's stolen his first team spot the past 2 seasons. 

Screenshot_20210222_120700_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ed82af903f0fbf44bbab673ec8b448da.jpg

Screenshot_20210222_120711_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.294b470e50b99c3a4ae7494cf0d11c83.jpg

Still shows a little potential too so I'm hoping we can get that crossing up some more. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Brilliant season there again Christine, team looks awesome as does Ramos, keep it up hun.

Thanks Rich 😂

Okay okay hear me out. Bring back Silva or Diaz. Another thing as I’m a big benfica fan I found and started using dantes regularly and he always turns out to be a beast. I’m not sure if you’ve gotten rid of home yet.

4 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

Okay okay hear me out. Bring back Silva or Diaz. Another thing as I’m a big benfica fan I found and started using dantes regularly and he always turns out to be a beast. I’m not sure if you’ve gotten rid of home yet.

Can't make any promises! My midfield is pretty insane atm, with Barella, Arthur, Goretzka, Reyna and Szob. Arthur is proving to be a decent CAM too

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Can't make any promises! My midfield is pretty insane atm, with Barella, Arthur, Goretzka, Reyna and Szob. Arthur is proving to be a decent CAM too

That’s understandable those are the best mids in the game lol

23 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

I’m happy your using benfica and succeeding unlike in real life where are manager is the worst. And 15 points behind the top.

I haven't paid much attention to the league in recent years, but they used to be a favorite of mine to watch. It was either Benfica or Sporting for this challenge though, and it made sense to go with Benfica as Ramos was already there 

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

I haven't paid much attention to the league in recent years, but they used to be a favorite of mine to watch. It was either Benfica or Sporting for this challenge though, and it made sense to go with Benfica as Ramos was already there 

Yea it’s hard to watch them play this year.

Season Five

Transfers In

Screenshot_20210226_211538_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.67e0020eb36c278ba0013fbcfee9c670.jpg

Pretty quiet here as I was really happy with the team. Greed more than anything. I now have 5 quality wingers all with 18+ crossing. Saka only joined us in January but he will probably be loaned out next season as Alvorado is on fire (and Dilro proving a decent sub), even giving Villa a good run for his money in the assist game. I'm hoping one of them can hit 20 crossing though as I've yet to see that in any save. 

Screenshot_20210226_212436_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.875d4a89b700b97ed3026e4c87d36e21.jpg

Screenshot_20210226_212433_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3b1b0444f9251e830f2db166ac50d0bd.jpg

Transfers Out

Screenshot_20210226_211544_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.d7c0a27775cd9abe56c6a9299e96f349.jpg

Not much to say here except Reyna; I would have liked to have kept him as he performed really well. But he was unhappy, and in all honesty probably scored too much/has too low teamwork for this challenge. It wasn't necessary to bring in a replacement due to the 5 or 6 World class Midfielders still at the club. 

Results

Screenshot_20210226_211722_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.bb450c3f42bce4bf528fbcc7606344ec.jpg

Screenshot_20210226_211706_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.b4af1af157adb4aa9606c637fe92c43b.jpg

Club World Ch'ship still ongoing. We lost out in the CL against PSG after a fair 1-1 draw at home and then FMM'ed 0-0 away.

Ramos

Screenshot_20210226_211504_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.32e3080175bc1450517c120f8952d3a3.jpg

Slight improvement to pace and strength this season. I'm pleased to see any at this point, although I was hoping to see another 20 somewhere 😂

Screenshot_20210226_211508_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.7d5260c19aa2857773c21ae777407b81.jpg

Really impressed again this season. Managed to break the 100 mark (albeit with INT included) and finished with a total of 110 for the season. I still hope to improve as he did get extra games in with a fairly busy international run and also the Club World Championship. 

Score

Screenshot_20210226_214830.thumb.jpg.3674cd90156fb1368168c319ca7c5611.jpg

As you can see we aren't really improving on the GPG side of things. I've still been making minor tweaks along the season but have yet to hit gold. Either way, we are well on target to get the 1KC which is the main thing with it being my first and all. 

Thanks for reading. May be a while to the next update as I'm a bit time strapped atm and have the goal a mile to catch up on! 

Edited by Chris

Awesome Christine, this is great going, he’ll be coming in to his peak years now, hopefully he just keeps getting better. Good luck.

His stats are crazy! Just few goals and you will break the 100, without INT. Maybe sacrifice few NT games for one season so you can keep him more on the field prior to NT games can help on that?

A great season and congratulations on the 100 plus season. He certainly looks the real deal nice and it’s showing.

All going really well so good luck for the next few years.

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

Awesome Christine, this is great going, he’ll be coming in to his peak years now, hopefully he just keeps getting better. Good luck.

18 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

His stats are crazy! Just few goals and you will break the 100, without INT. Maybe sacrifice few NT games for one season so you can keep him more on the field prior to NT games can help on that?

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

A great season and congratulations on the 100 plus season. He certainly looks the real deal nice and it’s showing.

All going really well so good luck for the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Great work Chris, well on the way to the 1kc, and technically he hit 100 ... goal contributions!

Cheers for the comments guys. I'm not too fussed about hitting the 100 without INT but it would be nice 😂 Although I'm at the point now where my team is as good as its going to get I reckon so I'll have to get more creative tactically.