Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 2021 Your thoughts on forward transfers

billy2shots

We all love a good transfer rumour and nothing gets the blood pumping like a star striker transfer saga. 

Will he? Won't he? Should he?

Every year there is usually one big name doing the rounds and when it's all said and done , the player normally stays put and there is a feeling of anticlimax. 

2021 could be very different as there are so many quality forwards that realistically could have new homes by the time next season kicks off. 

brNozRs.jpg

Arguably (not really, it's a fact) the greatest player to ever lace up boots is out of contact at the end of the season. 

Hardly a 'free' transfer given his wages but certainly no transfer fee to stump up. 

Likely clubs

Man City -  A reunion with Pep could be on the cards. The boardroom at City were put in place to help bring Pep and Messi together at the Etihad, is now the time?

PSG - shunning the Premier League for the farmers league in France could extend the great ones career. He could coast through the domestic season saving himself for the Champions League, Copa America and the next World Cup.  He could also find himself playing alongside another star forward. Who that 'other' star is remains to be seen. 

Barcelona- Or will romance win out. Is the thought of leaving his first love just too great especially when they need him the most. 

USA - He has hinted on a move to the US and former teammates are keen to twist his arm. Too soon for that standard?

Personal thought- As a Man City fan it would seem a dream move to capture the iconic Messi. The reality though suggests that ship might have sailed and I question his ability to do it on a wet windy night in Stoke this late in his career. 

PSG or Barca for me. 

zMhEWPU.jpg

Sergio, Sergio!!

Contract expiring and plagued by injuries. Is this the end for the man that produced the best ever finish to a league campaign?

Likely Clubs

PSG - Potentially teaming up with Mbappe or Messi is a frightening thought. I can't see all 3 of them playing in the same team due to FFP and the presence of Neymar but it's not hard to imagine Aguero alongside any 2 of the other players. 

Barca - Cash strapped and potentially losing Messi. Aguero could fill a hole quite nicely. 

Real Madrid - Given his city rival connection this probably won't happen but it does make a lot of sense. 

Man City - If he could finish the season strong maybe just maybe there's more thrilling tales to be written. 

Independiente - A return to his boyhood club is always on the cards. Is now the time?

Personal thought - Barca or back to Argentina for me. I did initially write PSG but he is too similar to Icardi so I don't believe that's a likely move although the club and league would suite him a lot. If Messi ends up there and Mbappe leaves then who knows. 

4tkXlXe.jpg

Move over current generation, it's time for the future greats. 

1 year left on his contact, a longing to test himself further. Time to move?

Likely clubs

Real Madrid - In need of a star striker for the next period of time this potential move makes a lot of sense. Benzema could return to France waving to Mbappe going the other way. 

Liverpool - Rumours have been circulating about this for a while but personally I just can't see that. Do Liverpool have the financial backing and do  they have, dare I say the standing in world football to tempt him. 

Man City - A central figure seems more pressing for City. Wide forward are not something the Manchester team need at this time. 

PSG - A win in the Champions League could be confirmation that the Frenchman is at the right club already. 

Personal thought - He's going nowhere.

JpaixCw.jpg

Potentially key to all the above. 

Do clubs wait for a lower fee or do they act fast to secure his services?

Likely clubs

Real Madrid - Possibly a better choice for them than Mbappe given he is a central striker who could lead the line. A Ronaldo and Benzema rolled into one, what's not to like from a Real point of view. 

PSG - Flanked by Neymar and Mbappe, wow that's a scary thought.  A safe move for the player but a sideways league switch rather than upwards? 

Man City - The father connection is there and so is the need from the club. A better fit than Messi and would soften the blow of a departing Aguero. 

Dortmund - Another year to develop and a more competitive transfer fee would open more options for Haaland and possibly help him secure a better wage given the lower transfer fee needed for his services. 

Personal thought. 

As I said, this could be the key move that has a domino effect to everything. I would love him at City. That move makes so much sense but...... Real Madrid!

Some Brucie Bonuses

EREE21F.jpg

2qUvUIq.jpg

If Liverpool fail to make the Champions League next year or if either Mane or Salah want to join a bigger club 🎣, Real and PSG could come sniffing. The next few months could define Liverpool for the next 5-10 years. 

Alternatively all the above players could just stay where they are and the great 2021 transfer hype will be just like most previous years. 

How do you see this turning out?

I think that Mbappe will stay at PSG until the end of his contract, then move to Real. Haaland I'm not so sure about, I would say Barcelona, but with the financial situation that they are in, it doesn't seem likely. Messi will stay at Barcelona and Aguero will stay at City.

Ideally I would love for all these players to end up all playing the prem, but that won’t happen. I could see Haaland to Manchester City, which would make them even more scary.If Haaland is in at Man City then I can see Aguero maybe going back to Atletico or maybe back to Argentina. Mbappe just looks so likely to go to Real Madrid at some point, but not this summer. Messi is the one I want to go Manchester City, just because I want to watch him every week!

I think Mbappe is the key to all of it. 

If he picks us even though Nike are rumoured to want to make the deal happen you'd think we'd have to sell Salah. The only place I could see him going is Madrid. If Mbappe picks Madrid I don't see us selling any of the front three but Salah has repeatedly flirted with Real. Truth is if Madrid want to spend £150-200m on one player it's going to be Mbappe unless he doesn't want the move, why spend similar money on Salah who's way older. 

PSG with that kind of money plus what they have would be dangerous and would want a high profile replacement, I dunno who fits that criteria though. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I think Mbappe is the key to all of it. 

If he picks us even though Nike are rumoured to want to make the deal happen you'd think we'd have to sell Salah. The only place I could see him going is Madrid. If Mbappe picks Madrid I don't see us selling any of the front three but Salah has repeatedly flirted with Real. Truth is if Madrid want to spend £150-200m on one player it's going to be Mbappe unless he doesn't want the move, why spend similar money on Salah who's way older. 

PSG with that kind of money plus what they have would be dangerous and would want a high profile replacement, I dunno who fits that criteria though. 

Mbappe to Real could see Messi, Aguero and Neymar teaming up at PSG. Not exactly planning for the future but if they are still without a CL trophy, that kind of experience and firepower could make the dream a reality. 

I hope we get at least 3 big moves just to shake things up. 

I'm more intrigued in who becomes the Neymar of this generation. It's pretty clear Haaland and Mbappe look likely to take over from Messi and Ronaldo but who's going to come out of nowhere to be the third. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm more intrigued in who becomes the Neymar of this generation. It's pretty clear Haaland and Mbappe look likely to take over from Messi and Ronaldo but who's going to come out of nowhere to be the third. 

I don't think that will reveal itself until Brazil is back on FMM and you complete a 1k with a young local lad. 

Honestly apart from Haaland, I don’t really want them to be at Man City. Aguero might stay for another season and go back to Argentina after that. Messi most likely stay at Barca too and the same with Mbappe. I don’t see any of these rumours might come for any much big transfers.

My hope is like every one else's Messi and Ronaldo take a substantial pay cut and play in maimi together. why because in Florida taxes are low and in America their brand exposure and ad revenue will pay off in the long term. and as a fan of Ronaldo I would Love to see him play live before he is gone.

Obviously there's daily rumours on all these players so little point to constantly highlight that here. 

Today however is slightly different. 

OGS has publicly come out and said Man Utd have been in touch with Haaland and we'll see what happens. 

Wow, that's a big statement to come out with. 

Edited by billy2shots

Something that has just popped up in my FB page from the Mail Online. 

They are running a story looking back at 'that' Roy Keane challenge on Alf-Inge Haaland which basically ended his career during a Manchester Derby. 

The story is the then head of the FA David Bernstein saying it's the worst thing he's seen on a football pitch. 

Forget the tackle, I remember Keane standing over the heavily injured Haaland and shouting at him to 'take that you C U Next Tuesday'.

Years later Kean admits (in his autobiography) it was 100% intentional to seriously hurt Alf-Inge. 

Fast forward to present day. 

How is that going to sway a decision that the most coveted forward on the planet has to make. Surely with that amount of baggage Erling will take advice from his father?

I know money makes the world go round but I couldn't join a team (if I had many top choices) with that kind of history with my own Dad. 

Karma?

Edited by billy2shots
1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

Oi! Leave Salah and Mane out of this. They're going nowhere!🙏

😄

Except the Championship with current form? 😁

Sergio Aguero has officially stated that he will be leaving City at the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see if he reveals his future club before the season ends. I'm sure there are a few teams negotiating with his agent as we speak if not decided already.

South Americans always go back to hometown clubs it seems so don’t count out Independiente especially with him having Covid problems maybe best go home with family 

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Go to Inter would probably look nice. Lautaro and Lukaku up top and Kun go back to the second striker role.

Lautaro is off to Newcastle, so could be a direct replacement I guess.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Lautaro is off to Newcastle, so could be a direct replacement I guess.

Take Barella too. I’d love to see him ripping up the Premier League

On 18/02/2021 at 17:00, billy2shots said:

zMhEWPU.jpg

Sergio, Sergio!!

Contract expiring and plagued by injuries. Is this the end for the man that produced the best ever finish to a league campaign?

Personal thought - Barca or back to Argentina for me. 

So it looks as though the first big move of the summer has happened. Aguero to Barca for 1 year with the option of a second.

Good luck Sergio. 

4 hours ago, Spencer08 said:

I know this not on the list but does anyone heard about Juventus want to offer A.Madrid Dybala plus cash for Morata ? 

Last I heard Allegri wanted him to sign a new deal at Juve. Not unheard of bumping up a players value with a new deal ready for a sale though.

Edited by billy2shots
4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Last I heard Allegri wanted him to sign a new deal at Juve. Not unheard of bumping up a players value with a new deal ready for a sale though.

It happen before Pirlo got sacked and it just a rumour but still i dont think Morata worth that much.I also heard Allegri want to extend his loan contract.                       

For Haaland, im pretty sure he will stay.I dont think Man City or Real Madrid can afford his 1 million p/w wage demand.

For Mbappe, he really want a move to Liverpool but 200m is way too much for Liverpool unless they do a swap plus cash deal.

This transfer season is insane with alot of great free agent and Inter Milan had to sell their star player.Dont forget the manager also with Zidane, Conte, Nuno, Benitez and might be Poch ready to move to a new club.