Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Focused Players Scoring

Ruvio4

So I am looking to start some challenges after getting back into the game, but while I can create winning tactics fairly easily I am really struggling creating tactics where my players say Son and Kane or Ronaldo in the Badges of Honour challenges, they just don't seem to score!

If anyone has any little pointers where I might be going wrong I would appreciate it, I'm not expecting a full tactic just some hints and pointers to help me get one or two players scoring the majority of goals!

Show us your tactic and be sure some will give you hints

Earlier this day some other user asked for help, you may want also to see his tactic and what was the feedback

Edited by George Traistă

Hi, sorry I should have attached screenshots to the OP! This is something roughly what I would go with for a single striker tactic, for a two striker tactic I would probably just move Anchorman to a Advanced Forward! Thanks.

1500314770_FM21Mobile_2021-02-23-20-11-12.thumb.jpg.ec2492ede9b4c9d68f5fb7fee0ce2fc7.jpg.1972119015_FM21Mobile_2021-02-23-20-11-17.thumb.jpg.a137668db7bdb47c78d9264d15174df4.jpg935543699_FM21Mobile_2021-02-23-20-11-23.thumb.jpg.b895827c072c836e1006376fb8464ac4.jpg

Lacking a playmaker imo. I'd lose the anchorman personally and either move him inline with the CMs or as a CAM in the AP role. Yes they will take shots more, but they still create alot more chances. Just my personal opinion, but it's what I've found to work well for me. 

Also, for single striker tactics it should go without saying that you want high teamwork with the rest of your team. You midfield should ideally have high creativity and decisions too. Players matter much more than the tactic this year, in my own experience. 

You didn't show the first tactic page either. I've had the best results keeping most of those settings Balanced with the exception of mentality where I will usually only ever use Attacking or Overload. 

Edited by Chris

About tactic, leave the anchorman, a DM or BWM is better if you want to help the defense.

You need an AP in the middle, put shoot on sight, 

IW they will go inside so be sure they don't have big numbers on shooting and make sure they have good attribute on passing and dribbling.

This will depend on how you striker is on Arial. If he is good on that, good choice on WB and look for players with high number on crossing and turn on early crossing. Also, direct passing can help on players with good Aerial.

Just goes to show the different styles really. I would never use shoot on sight for a 1k tactic, I always use work into box instead. 

Out of interest @George Traistă how many shots will your main man average with shoot on sight? On my current save he's averaging around 8 per game and that's with work into box. 

Oh, also @Ruvio4 if you are attempting a challenge with an initially weak squad (by weak, I mean not world class players in every position, or close to) then it is worth testing your tactics first with a bigger team. This way you can get a tactic you know works, and you might not see wonders with it with your challenge team initially but over the years it will improve as the squad does. I developed my current 1k tactic whilst attempting the Ronny's Year challenge, but outside of that I would normally use Bayern to test my tactics as they have a great squad for those kind of formations. Especially if you want wing play as they have Sane and Coman

Edited by Chris

I have no idea, I never look at that I just know that I I make my tactic work in the way of my strikers will have the pass before other players are around, I get around 85 from the goals from those players.

EDIT: Just checked now and on a tactic with 2 strikes, each will get around 5, checked 8 matches and max they got 16 combined and lowest they had 6 combined

On TTR tactic right now I have around 12-13 all combined 

Edited by George Traistă
6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Just goes to show the different styles really. I would never use shoot on sight for a 1k tactic, I always use work into box instead. 

Out of interest @George Traistă how many shots will your main man average with shoot on sight? On my current save he's averaging around 8 per game and that's with work into box. 

Oh, also @Ruvio4 if you are attempting a challenge with an initially weak squad (by weak, I mean not world class players in every position, or close to) then it is worth testing your tactics first with a bigger team. This way you can get a tactic you know works, and you might not see wonders with it with your challenge team initially but over the years it will improve as the squad does. I developed my current 1k tactic whilst attempting the Ronny's Year challenge, but outside of that I would normally use Bayern to test my tactics as they have a great squad for those kind of formations. Especially if you want wing play as they have Sane and Coman

Thats great advice mate, I think I'll set to work tommorow on testing with Bayern and see how I go from there. I don't find it difficult to win, but always struggle on certain players scoring which is frustrating as most challenges are based around this.

19 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

About tactic, leave the anchorman, a DM or BWM is better if you want to help the defense.

You need an AP in the middle, put shoot on sight, 

IW they will go inside so be sure they don't have big numbers on shooting and make sure they have good attribute on passing and dribbling.

This will depend on how you striker is on Arial. If he is good on that, good choice on WB and look for players with high number on crossing and turn on early crossing. Also, direct passing can help on players with good Aerial.

Thank you mate 👍

17 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I have no idea, I never look at that I just know that I I make my tactic work in the way of my strikers will have the pass before other players are around, I get around 85 from the goals from those players.

EDIT: Just checked now and on a tactic with 2 strikes, each will get around 5, checked 8 matches and max they got 16 combined and lowest they had 6 combined

On TTR tactic right now I have around 12-13 all combined 

Fair enough. I actually do use shoot on sight on a tactic I have with 3 strikers but I think that makes sense because the ball will usually fall to one of them. Not sure if other players will steal too many shots from the single striker in a 1kc but it's something I'll definitely test. 

49 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I made my point in this topic. You can see it if interested.

Thank you, I will take a look now mate.