Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Is there any way to edit pre game database?

Jjeffriz

I wanna add in my brother as a player, he passed away 3 years ago when he's about to become a pro footballer for our local team.

I've been doing this in FM19 & FM20 on pc, but my gpu broke and getting a replacement is impossible, because of skyrocketed prices.

After missing out on FM21, I bought FMM21 three weeks ago just to scratch the itch of managing a team, expecting the mobile version to be a more casual/lite experience compared to the great FM series.

I wasn't able and still haven't started a proper game until I find a way to get my brother in game. I did bought and use the In Game Editor, but merely changing the name and nationality just don't cut it without the ability to edit hidden attributes.

I know, this sounds a bit silly. I missed him a lot, even if it's just a computer coded version of him in game.

I’m afraid you can’t do it. The best think you can do is to get a player with the perfect hidden attributes that you want and edit him with IGE. I believe that’s all you can do.

4 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I’m afraid you can’t do it. The best think you can do is to get a player with the perfect hidden attributes that you want and edit him with IGE. I believe that’s all you can do.

I did tried it with IGE, look him up to see his progress once in a while (he's not in my team), but it felt to me like somehow he returned from dead and possessed someone else's body 😆 .

What happen to jaymarvels pre game editor? The last one was for FMM17. He's no longer around? Too bad, guess I'll skip everything, get a new pc next year with FM22 + PGE.

Thank you anyway.

5 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

I did tried it with IGE, look him up to see his progress once in a while (he's not in my team), but it felt to me like somehow he returned from dead and possessed someone else's body 😆 .

What happen to jaymarvels pre game editor? The last one was for FMM17. He's no longer around? Too bad, guess I'll skip everything, get a new pc next year with FM22 + PGE.

Thank you anyway.

Yeah jay’s no longer around. Perhaps someone might know how to create it but I’m not sure who.

@Jjeffriz - Sorry to hear that mate.

You can add players using the My Club option when starting a game (ie Career, Challenge, or My Club). That lets you ovreride a club and add extra players. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though:

• You can keep the existing squad and colours and everything (if you want), but you have to change the club name, it can't be the same as the one you are overriding (so maybe pick an abbreviated name or their nickname or something).
  • The club has to have space in the squad to create a new player - if it's full you can't add them.
  • You can't set the hidden attributes unfortunately, the only way to do that would be using a HEX editor to edit the save file directly (very complicated).

Hope this helps - Though I guess it doesn't add anything really over the Editor... 🙁

Here are some screenshots:

203092093_Screenshot_20210226-094800_FM21Mobile.jpg.7d606bbd65b4ff44f12cf454cc8332a8.jpg

Note it wouldn't allow Morecambe FC so had to change it to Morecambe F.C.

1756531699_Screenshot_20210226-095215_FM21Mobile.jpg.a301bd32aa12846c59461d00f794557a.jpg

191531867_Screenshot_20210226-095256_FM21Mobile.jpg.f4b09298d7ee27d76954a6c5fcb62189.jpg

645759879_Screenshot_20210226-095324_FM21Mobile.jpg.a053a0c8b9dbd9ad3024d446463aa40b.jpg

2115093430_Screenshot_20210226-095510_FM21Mobile.jpg.3c754c7a74dfe25ad655152d596d6d50.jpg

Edited by Scratch
2 hours ago, Scratch said:

You can add players using the My Club option...

I tried that too. The obssesive and perfectionist Marcelo Bielsa in me nope out of it 😆

But since I've spend money on the game and all the in app purchases, I might as well just try to have fun.

Thanks anyway for your time, helpful people like you and others will ensure this community to prosper more than ever.

18 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

I tried that too. The obssesive and perfectionist Marcelo Bielsa in me nope out of it 😆

But since I've spend money on the game and all the in app purchases, I might as well just try to have fun.

Thanks anyway for your time, helpful people like you and others will ensure this community to prosper more than ever.

That’s why this one of the longest running FM Mobile community 😉

On 25/02/2021 at 10:21, Jjeffriz said:

I wanna add in my brother as a player, he passed away 3 years ago when he's about to become a pro footballer for our local team.

I've been doing this in FM19 & FM20 on pc, but my gpu broke and getting a replacement is impossible, because of skyrocketed prices.

After missing out on FM21, I bought FMM21 three weeks ago just to scratch the itch of managing a team, expecting the mobile version to be a more casual/lite experience compared to the great FM series.

I wasn't able and still haven't started a proper game until I find a way to get my brother in game. I did bought and use the In Game Editor, but merely changing the name and nationality just don't cut it without the ability to edit hidden attributes.

I know, this sounds a bit silly. I missed him a lot, even if it's just a computer coded version of him in game.

It's not a silly idea, not at all - it's actually a great way to tribute him.

While you can't edit the database conventionally, you can actually "create" a player (out of one another), once you get access to the database using Hex Editor. Sadly, I haven't fully mastered the art, so I don't know about hidden attributes (personality values), and it gets harder if that player has random attributes, but it's definitely there. I'm waiting for @Scratch 's scouting tool so I can look for it though.

What you need is player.dat and people.dat. You'd also need a decent hex editor (HxD is recommended for PC). You'd also need a player to be replaced (Preferably has no club or history, so you can later put him in a club once a savefile is created. But if your brother has played for some clubs in youth level, then you'd need to find one with matched history entries, just so you can edit them to make things more realistic), your brother's basic personal info (even favorite club, person, or even languages if you want this version of him to be as authentic as possible). The instructions could be long (so I couldn't put it here), and the process could take quite some time if you are unfamiliar with the stuff, but I'm will be happy to help if you ever needed.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
4 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

It's not a silly idea, not at all - it's actually a great way to tribute him.

While you can't edit the database conventionally, you can actually "create" a player (out of one another), once you get access to the database using Hex Editor. Sadly, I haven't fully mastered the art, so I don't know about hidden attributes (personality values), and it gets harder if that player has random attributes, but it's definitely there. I'm waiting for @Scratch 's scouting tool so I can look for it though.

What you need is player.dat and people.dat. You'd also need a decent hex editor (HxD is recommended for PC). You'd also need a player to be replaced (preferably has no club or history, so you can later put him in a club once a savefile is created), your brother's basic personal info (even favorite club, person, or even languages if you want this version of him to be as authentic as possible). The instructions could be long (so I couldn't put it here), and the process could take quite some time if you are unfamiliar with the stuff, but I'm will be happy to help if you ever needed.

Woah that sounds very impressive. I never knew hex editing could be this powerful. Mayeb you should put in the hex editor guide so that everyone could follow.

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Woah that sounds very impressive. I never knew hex editing could be this powerful. Mayeb you should put in the hex editor guide so that everyone could follow.

I'd love to (even though I've retired), but editing database is a whole different level compared to savefiles, so I'm not recommend it. Editing savefiles with hex could be a safer (and viable) option too (it also leaves no apparent traces of editing), but I wonder if he would be happy with that? 

A year ago I brought back Nouri to the game using 2018's data of him, completed with accurate history, so it's entirely possible. This year however, would be a bit challenging since they overhauled how history and languages work.

Screenshot_2020-06-22-22-19-57-159_com.sega.soccer.jpg

3 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

I'd love to (even though I've retired), but editing database is a whole different level compared to savefiles, so I'm not recommend it. Editing savefiles with hex could be a safer (and viable) option too (it also leaves no apparent traces of editing), but I wonder if he would be happy with that? 

A year ago I brought back Nouri to the game using 2018's data of him, completed with accurate history, so it's entirely possible. This year however, would be a bit challenging since they overhauled how history and languages work.

Screenshot_2020-06-22-22-19-57-159_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Oh yeah. The languages would be the most interesting part alongside that we can now have more than one favourite/disliked person; and favourite clubs too. 

added 0 minutes later

I think it’ll be the most perfect way to recreate someone although it’s also the hardest way to

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Oh yeah. The languages would be the most interesting part alongside that we can now have more than one favourite/disliked person; and favourite clubs too. 

added 0 minutes later

I think it’ll be the most perfect way to recreate someone although it’s also the hardest way to

It is, though it's not that hard for me.

Hey @Jjeffriz, are you there? If so, I think I can create a savefile with your brother in it if you want to. Just ask, I don't really mind helping you this time.

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

added 0 minutes later

Hex editing.. Nuh-uh I ain't gonna do that. Even with FM's PGE it's easy to fall into the trap of trying to fix everything, one simple edit turned into hours upon hours of endless editing.

Lol it's like 'one more game' but now it's 'one more edit".

13 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Hex editing.. Nuh-uh I ain't gonna do that. Even with FM's PGE it's easy to fall into the trap of trying to fix everything, one simple edit turned into hours upon hours of endless editing.

Lol it's like 'one more game' but now it's 'one more edit".

That's why I said I can help. I think for now it was the only way to make it as authentic as it can be to make your brother appear in the game. Though I' d only recommend it to ve used on savefiles...

26 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

....But if your brother has played for some clubs in youth level, then you'd need to find one with matched history entries, just so you can edit them to make things more realistic), your brother's basic personal info (even favorite club, person, or even languages if you want this version of him to be as authentic as possible).

Yeah this is what I was aiming for. I've no intention of making him as another extraterrestrial beings like Messi or CR7. I've never even manage him in game before,
it's just that it's nice to know that a 'believable him' is there somewhere doing his own thing.

But yeah thanks for your offer to do it for me. Everyone knows this, the actual fun is doing it yourself. Hey, I actually spend more time modding Skyrim than actually playing it. But not hex editing, that's another level of possibly getting myself to never get to play FMM at all lol.

7 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Yeah this is what I was aiming for. I've no intention of making him as another extraterrestrial beings like Messi or CR7. I've never even manage him in game before,
it's just that it's nice to know that a 'believable him' is there somewhere doing his own thing.

But yeah thanks for your offer to do it for me. Everyone knows this, the actual fun is doing it yourself. Hey, I actually spend more time modding Skyrim than actually playing it. But not hex editing, that's another level of possibly getting myself to never get to play FMM at all lol.

...You're right, how didn't I remembered that - the best part of hex editing, at least for me, was that I can make all the fun stuff by myself, though I also get happy if those stuff helped people. Too bad I couldn't help you here though. Wish I could make a fool-proof tutorial on how you to do this yourself, I currently doesn't have too much time. That, and the lack of necessary info too.

2 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

...You're right, how didn't I remembered that - the best part of hex editing, at least for me, was that I can make all the fun stuff by myself, though I also get happy if those stuff helped people. Too bad I couldn't help you here though. Wish I could make a fool-proof tutorial on how you to do this yourself, I currently doesn't have too much time. That, and the lack of necessary info too.

Making my own universe.. The great escape.

Yo, I just realised this, I've seen your username in Reddit's r/footballmanagergames.

Just now, Jjeffriz said:

Yo, I just realised this, I've seen your username in Reddit's r/footballmanagergames.

Wait, really? I've only made two posts there though...

8 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Really I’ve never seem him before. I did post a few with the username of u/Lord_Danish2802

3 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Wait, really? I've only made two posts there though...

Wut... Lol that just shows how much time I spend on both sites, looking for ideas on how to make FMM do what it's not supposed to.

1 minute ago, Jjeffriz said:

Wut... Lol that just shows how much time I spend on both sites, looking for ideas on how to make FMM do what it's not supposed to.

That’s ok though. I remember playing FM 20 last year when epic games offered it for free and I created my own player, make his own history and he became a great player 😂

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Really I’ve never seem him before. I did post a few with the username of u/Lord_Danish2802

I've never posted anything there, since I can't play FM21, just enjoying what others posted. Small world eh.

10 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s ok though. I remember playing FM 20 last year when epic games offered it for free and I created my own player, make his own history and he became a great player 😂

Haha that's like the first thing anyone would do, cuz I did that too! All the way to becoming a manager himself. The funniest thing is that I got myself a regen son and in-game me as manager brought my regen son to his club.

That’s like some weird 'inception' happening there.

24 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I remembered seeing your username before, but didn't remembered where. Mine was u/ducanhnguyen1012, I made some crazy stuff there...

Sorry to hear that mate. Shame it can't be done how you wanted it to be.

I build PC's in my spare time and i tend to go into the used market for people who dont have alot of money to buy a full fat gaming PC.

Which GPU did you have in your system?

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Shame it can't be done how you wanted it to be.

I build PC's in my spare time and i tend to go into the used market for people who dont have alot of money to buy a full fat gaming PC.

Which GPU did you have in your system?

1660 super. I probably can get another 1660, but I'm thinking of upgrading to 2060 super or 3060ti. Most shops here only let you buy the gpus if you only include the whole pc bundle. Used gpus here are nuts, they sell almost double than msrp.

3 hours ago, Jjeffriz said:

1660 super. I probably can get another 1660, but I'm thinking of upgrading to 2060 super or 3060ti. Most shops here only let you buy the gpus if you only include the whole pc bundle. Used gpus here are nuts, they sell almost double than msrp.

Where do you live? What price range are you comfortable with?

Edited by Woody