Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help A complete list of Catalonian players, for my experiment.

Hi ya'll! It's your foul-mouthed, self-proclaimed "Hexer" who used to make FMM stuff here! It's been awhile since I've made a post here though, and now I'm here to make one!

While I haven't really come out of retirement just yet (the situation is indeed improving, but not much...), I'm still conducting weird experiments with FMM's database, and to be fair quite a few of them worked well. I'm currently interested in Catalonian players in praticular, so if any of you have the PC version of FM (with the Winter Update of course) and the editor, can you guys make a list of players who were born in the cities of the Catalonia region, as well as players with Catalonian descent? While I can't spill out much of the experiment, it's going to be an exciting one - I can't wait to get it started!

People from cities of the Cataluña region in game and Perpignan, Canet-en-Roussillon, Saint-Estève, Saint-Cyprien, Argelès-sur-MerCabestany, Rivesaltes, Céret, Elne, Pia, Thuir, Bompas, Le Soler, Prades and Toulouges (France) are eligible, you just need to find players who were born from these places. As usual, sorry for my horrible English grammar (it hasn't been improved very much), and thanks for reading!

The (Former) Hexer.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
6 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

I’m interested at what this is 😂.

I don’t own the FM21 but I do have the FM20 if you want to

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’m interested at what this is 😂.

I don’t own the FM21 but I do have the FM20 if you want to

I had 20 as well, but I'd want something more completed. Especially those new Barcelona wonderkids, I want to make sure if they are Catalonian...

4 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

While I can't spill out much of the experiment..

Lemme guess, you're gonna help Catalonia achieve independence right?

Next project.. Recreate the Soviet Union lol

Just now, Jjeffriz said:

How about Yugoslavia instead? 😂

Just now, broodje kip said:

Oh yeah that should be next, the USSR project gonna be such a massive undertaking

Just now, Jjeffriz said:

Oh yeah that should be next, the USSR project gonna be such a massive undertaking

Wdym we combine them both in a single save!

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Wdym we combine them both in a single save!

Or take it a step further... The British Empire! The Mongols! Woah I'm salivating on the prospect of managing the Mongols. That could be fun.

21 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

This would have been the best team in the world for the past decade

28 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Welp, you got me. After two successful experiments with Basque and Uyghuristan (don't judge me, I only did this in the name of science), I wanted to create something bigger.

Yugoslavia and USSR are indeed interesting, but the number of players would be too huge. And it would be painful to make the current nations disappeared (I actually found out how). This is what I did with Basque - though it not entirely a success, and it was just a very early prototype, it almost worked as intended, with only one annoying bug that I'm trying to squash...

Screenshot_2021-02-02-17-01-32-830_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-03-22-17-17-441_com.sega.score.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Or take it a step further... The British Empire! The Mongols! Woah I'm salivating on the prospect of managing the Mongols. That could be fun.

Bloody hell... Though to be fair, the nations that I picked to create have to have an... What should I say... "unique" yet "unified" culture thoroughly. British Empire and Ancient Mongols were too divisive to my likings.

Also, I was also trying to made an unique nation, like ChilledMoose's Aswijan project on PC, but soon gave that up since I couldn't create new languages. Esperanto, for some reason, was absent in the game as well - if that was there, I could have made a nation with the language being its primary one...

3 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Welp, you got me. After two successful experiments with Basque and Uyghuristan (don't judge me, I only did this in the name of science), I wanted to create something bigger.

Yugoslavia and USSR are indeed interesting, but the number of players would be too huge. And it would be painful to make the current nations disappeared (I actually found out how). This is what I did with Basque - though it not entirely a success, and it was just a very early prototype, it almost worked as intended, with only one annoying bug that I'm trying to squash...

I thoroughly enjoyed your write ups on Pays Basque!

Bloody hell... Though to be fair, the nations that I picked to create have to have an... What should I say... "unique" yet "unified" culture thoroughly. British Empire and Ancient Mongols were too divisive to my likings.

Also, I was also trying to made an unique nation, like ChilledMoose's Aswijan project on PC, but soon gave that up since I couldn't create new languages. Esperanto, for some reason, was absent in the game as well - if that was there, I could have made a nation with the language being its primary one...

Ah the Vikings then.

Plus, it's never been done in the history of Football Manager even since Championship Manager..

Edited by Jjeffriz
18 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Would there be enough players for Kurdistan? 

25 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

I thoroughly enjoyed your write ups on Pays Basque!

Wait, you have read the whole thing I posted on Reddit? Cool! I always wanted to manage them for quite sometime, so that experiment is inevitable. Glad that it was actually near completion (and yet so far, due to my schedule)...

23 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

Ah the Vikings then.

Plus, it's never been done in the history of Football Manager even since Championship Manager..

Interesting... I'll have a look on them once I'm done with Catalonia. Weird experiments like this excites me. Though to be fair, designing their logo, flag and kits might take awhile... 

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
2 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Though I doubt it, it's not entirely impossible to make them. I'll just have to figured out general information regarding the country (like languages, regions, etc), and the number of players who were Kurdish descent (they seem to spread out to many other places in the world). Who knows? Maybe it would be even easier than the others?

24 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

That’s some nice squad. Must be interesting when they face Spain 😂

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s some nice squad. Must be interesting when they face Spain 😂

While I didn't have a chance to, I beat Wales and Romania, held Holland to a draw, then proceed to win the Gold Cup (I added them there since I could not figured out how to add them to other competitions aside from World Cup, not just yet). It's not very bad. If only I took it further by adding the likes of Griezmann...

While I didn't have a chance to, I beat Wales and Romania, held Holland to a draw, then proceed to win the Gold Cup (I added them there since I could not figured out how to add them to other competitions aside from World Cup, not just yet). It's not very bad. If only I took it further by adding the likes of Griezmann...

Yeah adding Griezmann would be nuts! Imagine his regen though being one of the first Basque regen.

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Yeah adding Griezmann would be nuts! Imagine his regen though being one of the first Basque regen.

Oh God... My team would be truly blessed if that happened. A younger player that can rapidly develop for the national team would be extremely good, though at that point I'd have to get a job at Bilbao to keep tabs on those youngsters...

25 minutes ago, hhooo said:

After a thorough check, I think Kurdistan actually have a chance, since there are some Kurdish ones out there in Germany, Turkey and America. Might be even easier to make than Catalonia, since there were less players...

On a related note, I found them similar to the Uyghurs in some way, having their own cultures yet not being a independent state (or at least full autonomy). This might pique my interest too.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
4 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

After a thorough check, I think Kurdistan actually have a chance, since there are some Kurdish ones out there in Germany, Turkey and America. Might be even easier to make than Catalonia, since there were less players...

Shouldn’t Messi has Catalonia nationality too? That must be impressive if he does.

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Shouldn’t Messi has Catalonia nationality too? That must be impressive if he does.

I think he actually does. Oh God, imagine the possibility of having him on the squad, and his regen that is Catalonian...

Just now, NguyenDucAnh said:

I think he actually does. Oh God, imagine the possibility of having him on the squad, and his regen that is Catalonian...

Fuck Spain! Catalonia is the real thing now!

Edited by broodje kip
1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Fuck Spain! Catalonia is the real thing now!

If Catalonia had an active, FIFA-approved national team, Spain would lose quite a lot. I'm not just talking about matches, I'm talking about possible wonderkids - as I have also found a way to make sure that clubs who play outside their home country can generate regens for their home (in this case, Catalonia). As in, Barça and Espanyol, as well as many others, may only generates pure Catalonian players...

8 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

If Catalonia had an active, FIFA-approved national team, Spain would lose quite a lot. I'm not just talking about matches, I'm talking about possible wonderkids - as I have also found a way to make sure that clubs who play outside their home country can generate regens for their home (in this case, Catalonia). As in, Barça and Espanyol, as well as many others, may only generates pure Catalonian players...

I’ve looked it up and it looks like Catalonia do have a few promising youngsters like Cucurella, Marc Roca and Dani Olmo

5 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’ve looked it up and it looks like Catalonia do have a few promising youngsters like Cucurella, Marc Roca and Dani Olmo

That's the main point: Having those kids would build a stable foundation for the team in the future. Combining with veterans like Pique, the team would be unstoppable. 

1 minute ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

That's the main point: Having those kids would build a stable foundation for the team in the future. Combining with veterans like Pique, the team would be unstoppable. 

It’s only a shame Pedri and Fati aren’t one of them :( 

14 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

It’s only a shame Pedri and Fati aren’t one of them :( 

That depends on Spanish's naturalization rules. If they qualify, I'll make sure that they will get Catalonia nationality.

At least Fati is eligable: He moved from Seville to Barcelona at the age of 10, then stayed there for more than 5 years - that should be enough.

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
Checking Fati and Pedri's eligibility...