Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career It's A London Thing

aGzxZt2.jpg

What's more fun than a goal based challenge?

I'll tell ya what.

A goal based challenge with a personal twist  that's what. A twist that makes things more interesting and far more challenging putting the actual completion in doubt before it's even begun. 

This will be a Triple Threat Career with hopefully a 1k cherry on top. 

The twist is in the title. 

It's A London Thing

I will only allow myself to buy players from London clubs. 

Jk8Rl3s.png

This will be a balanceing  act. I need to take their best players for myself but I also need those clubs to be successful so to attract good players for me to poach. 

The club's if London are basically my feeder clubs. 

My Club

For the first time since Championship Manager 03/04 I will play as

S7GBL9K.jpg

Players to be revealed once I have even the faintest idea of how to make this work (translates into I have no idea). 

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Finally someone choosing the worst club in the division other than @George Traistă 😂

Good luck anyway this would be a fun one

I bet you say that because you consider Newcastle belongs to Championship 😂

Good luck @billy2shots you can do this challenge with only present and homegrown players as arsenal has some great ones right now. 

8 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Finally someone choosing the worst club in the division other than @George Traistă 😂

Good luck anyway this would be a fun one

"The worst club in the division" part got me 😂 All jokes aside, @billy2shots's idea is actually a good one - kinda like what Bilbao does. I wish there was a way to enforce the rules to the club in FMM (the PC version actually has that, according to a post in Reddit).

3 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

"The worst club in the division" part got me 😂 All jokes aside, @billy2shots's idea is actually a good one - kinda like what Bilbao does. I wish there was a way to enforce the rules to the club in FMM (the PC version actually has that, according to a post in Reddit).

The rule is in FMM for Bilbao, you can only transfer în players that have Basque as second nationality. 

41 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

The rule is in FMM for Bilbao, you can only transfer în players that have Basque as second nationality. 

I know, the thing is I'm trying to at least recreate that rule for other club as well, but the database didn't have anything related to it - maybe it was hard-coded. PC doesn't have that either, but at least you can still recreate that rule by using an extinct club that used to have something similar...

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Good luck mate, You’ll need it at a club like Arsenal as @broodje kip said, worst team in the prem 😂

Thanks Rich. The fact i haven't used them in a decade and a half feels nice and fresh. Henry and Bergkamp  where my front 2 back then.

3 hours ago, George Traistă said:

I bet you say that because you consider Newcastle belongs to Championship 😂

Good luck @billy2shots you can do this challenge with only present and homegrown players as arsenal has some great ones right now. 

They certainly  have some exciting  youngsters in the first team squad. Not much behind that though.

3 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Loads of ideas out there to shake things up. I just fancied turning  up the difficulty  a notch and staying away from buying the same old names. This way won't have me breaking any vibe records but the self satisfaction  ( that sounds a bit wrong lol) will more than make up for that.

Scout reports

I assembled  my scouts for a meeting. They turned up with their suitcases and suncream.

'Where are we off to gaffa, Spain,  Brazil, Argentina?'

'Take the Hawaiian shirts off and put your rain macs on, call your wives and tell them you'll be home for dinner. You are staying local lads. Its a London thing'.

My scouts set about their work. They hacked  into the Liverpool scouting network   (paybacks a biatch Liverpool) and they returned a collection of players that would fit the brief 

GJDjv7p.jpg

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Scout reports

I assembled  my scouts for a meeting. They turned up with their suitcases and suncream.

'Take the Hawaiian shirts off and put your rain macs on, call your wives and tell them you'll be home for dinner. You are staying local lads. Its a London thing'.

My scouts set about their work. They hacked  into the Liverpool scouting network   (paybacks a biatch Liverpool) and they returned a collection of players that would fit the brief 

GJDjv7p.jpg

Some nice players and I think Tammy would be a nice choice. Would love to see you give him a go

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

They certainly  have some exciting  youngsters in the first team squad. Not much behind that though.

Saka, Thierny, Saliba, Nelson, Nketiah, Wilson, Leno, Elneny, Partney, Auba, Smith Rowe, Odegard, Pepe, Xhaka plus Hutchinson and Flores from the reserve squad that will turn into monsters. 

This is my second save with Arsenal and these players are very very good. 

Edited by George Traistă
1 hour ago, George Traistă said:

Saka, Thierny, Saliba, Nelson, Nketiah, Wilson, Leno, Elneny, Partney, Auba, Smith Rowe, Odegard, Pepe, Xhaka plus Hutchinson and Flores from the reserve squad that will turn into monsters. 

This is my second save with Arsenal and these players are very very good. 

Saka, Nketiah Thierny, Party and Martinelli are very important for me going forward. Nelson looks like he could be an asset. 

Auba is no good to me for a 15 year career apart from helping the youngsters right now. Ode and Danni Ceb won't feature as I can't buy them so they have no worth. 

I've got a poor Pepe obviously because he looks more hinderance than help. 

I was excited to see Flores and Hutchinson as a quick test save yesterday showed much promise. Unfortunately the 'Real ' save was started today and they have pants potential compared to yesterday. That's the way the dice rolls. 

Forgot about Martinelli as I always sell him to get cash. But has great potential. Auba got me 30 goals being a sub in the first season, he can help a lot. Xhaka and Elneny develops great even that they have over 25. Great for value is also Bellerin, you can sell him 30-40M after only one season. You can win a lot of trophies with the team you inherit no problems, the changes you make it will depend on your long term plan. 

Edited by George Traistă

Locked in the boardroom all day on the phone doing deals. 

At first our 3 main protagonists were

FL Eddie Nketiah

FC Martinelli

FR Bukayo Saka

That left me with little firepower from wingers with limited options.

Deals were done with West Ham for Jarrod Bowen and with RBL for Ademola Lookman. Ok, not exactly in the spirit of things going for Lookman but he is at Fulham currently. 

Then the phone rang. Rumours that Chelsea were interested in Aubameyang.

Two separate deals were negotiated. 

Auba and £20m for Tammy Abraham

Or

Auba plus £50m for Callum Hudson-Odoi (CHO)

That would mean CHO could help on the wings or even take Saka's place in the staring role leaving Saka to supply the creativity. 

FL Nketiah

FC Martinelli

FR Hudson-Odoi

If Abraham came then Saka would again go on the wing but it would also push Martinelli wide leaving

FL Martinelli

FC Abraham

FR Nketiah

Humm, transfer deadline is approaching and the decision needs to be made. The cleaning lady keeps banging on the boardroom door.

She says she needs to leave to get the tube. It's a London Thing

I don’t know which one I want you to get, both are great choices😁

Hudson Odoi can develop more though!

19 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Scout reports

GJDjv7p.jpg

You are breaking my heart with what you are doing to Arsenal! I might never be able to look at this thread again 😋 Why didn't you just start with Chelski!

Nketiah has just replaced Auba for me finishing season two.
Martinelli is a beast retrained to a SS.
Emile Smith-Rowe and Saka are my babies!

I have Declan Rice as my BWM in midfield and is very effective as well as a developing leader.  I would have also liked to have signed Mount from Chelsea but that proved too hard.
There is also a youngster at Watford called Dele-Bashiru who becomes a good playmaker.
You could also try and get Eze from Palace

1 hour ago, SK15Kev said:

You are breaking my heart with what you are doing to Arsenal! I might never be able to look at this thread again 😋 Why didn't you just start with Chelski!

Nketiah has just replaced Auba for me finishing season two.
Martinelli is a beast retrained to a SS.
Emile Smith-Rowe and Saka are my babies!

I have Declan Rice as my BWM in midfield and is very effective as well as a developing leader.  I would have also liked to have signed Mount from Chelsea but that proved too hard.
There is also a youngster at Watford called Dele-Bashiru who becomes a good playmaker.
You could also try and get Eze from Palace

Nah, starting with Chelsea would have been too easy. A couple of Arsenal youngsters signed and then sit back for 15 seasons and wait for the challenge to be completed. Might as well holiday it to save time. 

Don't worry, not a single player has signed on the dotted line yet.

I have a meeting with Watford this afternoon to discuss player recruitment. 

Edited by billy2shots

It's  a London Thing Part 1

Hours were spent agonising  on who to buy then more time wasted choosing who to use for the actual  TT attempt.

In the end not that much business  was done.

XazgX46.jpg

There's some pretty hefty sell on clauses in there so l hope i never need to sell.

The Arsenal  squad contains some great youth but is really lacking in teamwork   leadership  and experience. Toby A and Giroud were brought in to help there.

So the stars of the show then. After deliberation C Hud will have a supporting  role and will not one of the main trio.

URazgA3.jpg

Wm5VZTC.jpg

iYUMn3C.jpg

Thanks for looking in. Remember,  don't make eye contact, its a London thing.

First couple of seasons are always just building the squad and waiting for the youngsters to improve so you’ll get there. Unlucky in the final.

It's  a London Thing Part 2

First Season  completed and it was a real mixed bag. No surprise given a very young squad. A little worried that 2 of the main players picked up a few 2 week injuries along the way. Hopefully  this isn't a regular  thing going forwards.

FA Cup

Lost the Final

UwshjbI.jpg

Gutting.

Made up for it in the last game of the season by winning the UEFA CUP

mj1vZne.jpg

League

Level on points and GD with one to play. Lost that and came second...

3NrwHiW.jpg

Support cast

C Hud with a banging First season

k7nPYrJ.jpg

Giroud,  bought for experience.  Played far more than I thought due to a few 2 week injuries  to the main lads. Very impressed with him.

JV9MBRa.jpg

The Big 3

Joao didn't inspire me. I've read good things on here about him. 3 separate 2 week injuries held him back.

KrOifV2.jpg

Out for 2 months  Eddie did OK in the weakest forward role in my setup.

DDwguan.jpg

Martinelli is a beast. I should have built the tactic around him. I didn't and Joao is my main man which I regret. 

AZQzTEK.jpg

Goals

JOAO Total 26

EDDIE Total 20

Martinelli Total 31

GRAND TOTAL 77