Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 3-2-2-2-1 (Inspired by Ruben Amorim's 3-4-3)

Back with another effective tactic, and hopefully it will do the business for some of you. If anyone likes the look of it and wants to try it then let me know how it works out for you. I really like the style of play implemented by Ruben Amorim and for anybody who hasn't heard of him check this analysis out; Amorim article

RcThp2z.jpg

Won the title and cup with the setup (probably would have beaten City in Europe if Brekalo had been fit to play that second leg) in the second season after using one of my other tactics for the first season. I just wanted to see if I could create something in the style of Amorim and why some elements are similar, I don't feel the style of play is quite there so I'll be tweaking some things next season. Things I'm looking for are more goals and maybe quicker play. I'm thinking of changing the tempo to fast and maybe the mentality to overload, and to go with that the midfield needs to change. Two CM's is very solid and although they do defensive and attacking work it's not as much as a BBM would. Not quite sure how to have the two middle men yet for next season and I may even go for a double pivot with the furthest forward as an AP with the other as a CM or DLP sat behind. Also not sure how far back or forward to have the two if I do change it, because I could have the furthest back sat in front of the centre backs with the other sat right in the middle ahead of him. Alternately I could have the furthest back of the two right in the middle and have the other in the 10 position as an AP/AM. Doing that would alter the Amorim shape slightly though so it might become my own take on it, we'll see. Might end up keeping them as a flat 2 but using DLP next to a BBM or RP. I definitely do want to score more with it though so tweaks are needed.

I'll probably try all of these and see if it does anything for the attacking output. Hopefully it doesn't then kill how solid a tactic this is in it's current state.

Anyway enough of me thinking out loud, here it is 😂

Tactical Instructions

LIhq8zN.jpg

ibcjcNC.jpg

gAPFnjM.jpg

Most used 11

lOpnVuR.jpg

JyNhGnx.jpg

3mgXldx.jpg

Final table

Kzmcxqh.jpg

Transfers in

OwP5T6J.jpg

Transfers out

PnTYSoi.jpg

RAFaCb5.jpg

Goals

Nk3FzHj.jpg

Assists

rhK7qRI.jpg

Games

4gJsYVB.jpg

6ZQAbwO.jpg

553kY0A.jpg

dDwDwL9.jpg

s5NlqPX.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34
4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Tactic looks very interesting especially without any playmaker there

I'm altering that for this next season though. As I said in the post I want to go more attacking and try to retain the solid foundation. Early signs are good with a couple of small changes I've made, but I haven't got the time to quickly reel off a full season test yet with those tweaked instructions yet.

Playing bits where I can and if the changes keep working I'll throw up the results.

Edited by Schwantz34

Another great write up! I would have put together something very similar.

How does it stack up against a 4-4-2?
Was wondering if there were some formations that this struggled against?

With a 4-4-2, I wondered if that would cause you issues in getting the ball out from the goalkeeper, without him having to kick it up the field. 

31 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

Another great write up! I would have put together something very similar.

How does it stack up against a 4-4-2?
Was wondering if there were some formations that this struggled against?

With a 4-4-2, I wondered if that would cause you issues in getting the ball out from the goalkeeper, without him having to kick it up the field. 

No real struggles other than I'd like it to produce more goals and I'm working on that to see if I can get more from the setup. Having better backups will help as well because when Brekalo didn't play on the left, Victor wasn't nearly as good in his place. 

After making some of the changes I talked about and some others I came up with, I'm currently sitting at the top of the Bundesliga and 6 points ahead of Bayern.

More goals was what I wanted and after 23 games we've already scored more league goals (55) than the entire first seasons league total, which was only 47.

The full season will be uploaded once I finish it. Fitting it around work.

7 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

After making some of the changes I talked about and some others I came up with, I'm currently sitting at the top of the Bundesliga and 6 points ahead of Bayern.

More goals was what I wanted and after 23 games we've already scored more league goals (55) than the entire first seasons league total, which was only 47.

The full season will be uploaded once I finish it. Fitting it around work.

Looking forward to this mate

**UPDATED SYSTEM OF PLAY WITH RESULTS**

So I said I wanted my system to score more goals, and with some tweaks we managed it in the very next season! I also think the style now resembles how Amorim likes his team to play. Gutted about the Champions League which for the second season in a row I didn't have Brekalo for at the same stage! Evanilson deputised well for him through the season after I trained him to play there, but he was brought in really as a player to rotate with Weghorst and eventually take his place as he's ageing now but still effective. Nevertheless there was a dominant title win with a few games still to play, and some impressive wins including the 5-0 spanking of Dortmund! Anyway here is the new setup with results. Happy with how it's now working and with better players added that Champions League is attainable! On and the unbeaten league season made me pretty happy 💪

rIXBET3.jpg

TZzPpb7.jpg

B2bzCXB.jpg

Most Used 11

XmZ3tnz.jpg

Final Table

polNbHq.jpg

bdNRiTi.jpg

Transfers in

oCir50s.jpg

Transfers out

mxYzRiV.jpg

ow8uIFr.jpg

Goals

OwkhHnR.jpg

Assists

LYrzP0a.jpg

Games

UxlbDQY.jpg

DiVKqd2.jpg

dEb24Df.jpg

SfqwNGQ.jpg

ZG8R3mQ.jpg

9tuqyM3.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34
1 hour ago, KNSMIGAS said:

The Team Mentality has be on Overload or can be change depends the every game ?

In the first version I kept it on Control, in the new version I left it in overload. You could play around with it though and see if you find it better for your team on something else.

I stuck with what was working for me. Didn't alter anything with setup/team instructions once games had started.

Decided to apply the updated version of my tactic to a save I had already played a season of with Sassuolo, and managed to get them 7th using a different tactic. It's not a talent filled squad I have but managed to get within 3 points of toppling Juventus for the title, so it looks like the tactic can be effective in Italy and Germany. Should try England next really. One thing that held me back and maybe cost me the league was having to switch back to using Muldur and Rogerio at wingback half way through the season, because new signings Hateboer and Mittelstadt really didn't pan out and that likely cost me quite a few assist and goals other players would have gotten from those assists.

Enjoying using it so a test in England likely will follow, but here's the Italian one for now;

Most used 11

3ku8xGN.png

DXRWc4e.png

afzlFcn.png

Final table

YaHtVjz.png

Transfers in

xTaIhp5.png

Transfers out

nZf35kt.png

zvjAReX.png

rn0uyRX.png

Goals

iukiXpT.png

Assists

au3aFNQ.png

Games

NH4Ff02.png

F5cnRYC.png

KvvdhCz.png

K64btck.png

x8ndVbP.png

bClQ0m8.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34
1 hour ago, White Europe said:

Works quite well in France with Monaco default team. Great work!

Screenshot_20210321-123850.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-123833.jpg

It seems to get better each season for me as you add better players and ones you already have are more used to the setup. The wing backs are very important, and need to be pretty quick with good crossing ability for it to be at it's best.

Glad it's working for you so far 👍

5 hours ago, KNSMIGAS said:

Have you try to use in lower team ?

No just the premier divisions in Germany, Italy and Mexico (that one I didn't upload so I might go back and do another there soon).

On 21/03/2021 at 00:54, Schwantz34 said:

England

I'll crack a save open with Villa with sugar daddy tomorrow, give this a go. I'm struggling to find a long term save so this might be my way back into FMM. 

Will update accordingly, planning on just using the 'search by role' filter for players. 

16 hours ago, White Europe said:

PSG was to strong for Us this year.

What is Your opinion about 352 flat formation? Without wingers, but Wingbacks and two strikers?

Screenshot_20210326-181047.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-181040.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-181007.jpg

Not used a shape like that before I don't think. I've seen some on here before that work from past versions. I've maybe tested something like that in the past but I've not built one in that style myself.

Have a crack at it and see if you can get one to be effective. 

8 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

I'll crack a save open with Villa with sugar daddy tomorrow, give this a go. I'm struggling to find a long term save so this might be my way back into FMM. 

Will update accordingly, planning on just using the 'search by role' filter for players. 

Hopefully the updates haven't nerfed too many things in the tactics part this time 😂

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Hopefully the updates haven't nerfed too many things in the tactics part this time 😂

Only played 5/6 games so far, signs are promising. Beating the teams I should be beating. My squad isn't where I want it too be just yet, will give a full update at the end of the season. Creating plenty of chances though to be fair. 

23 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Only played 5/6 games so far, signs are promising. Beating the teams I should be beating. My squad isn't where I want it too be just yet, will give a full update at the end of the season. Creating plenty of chances though to be fair. 

The RP seemed to be the most important player each time I used it. Got to the point I'd try and havee two of equal ability if possible, so I could rotate because of the difference it made when the first choice wasn't available and a lesser option had to cover.

Testing something like that, went 5th with poor mainz first season with no transfers.

In every match raport i was getting info "poor use of width" i thinking it was due to very poor WBs. Second season is going better so far. 

Screenshot_20210326-212735.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-222547.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145433.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145440.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145445.jpg

43 minutes ago, White Europe said:

Testing something like that, went 5th with poor mainz first season with no transfers.

In every match raport i was getting info "poor use of width" i thinking it was due to very poor WBs. Second season is going better so far. 

Screenshot_20210326-212735.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-222547.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145433.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145440.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-145445.jpg

Try your width on normal or wide and see if one of those helps with your tactic.

I always try to find the most common comments on my match reports and address them. For example lack of creativity from midfield was one I was getting with the first version of my setup, so I introduced the RP/DLP combo and it worked for me.

@Schwantz34 my mate, what a tactic this is.

Finished the season and the results speak for themselves. 

Yes, I've used sugar daddy, but this was only a fun save that I'm looking forward to continuing. 

The league;

1748332290_Screenshot_20210327-165029_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.15df7155d0709d226cd6c9771ea089ae.jpg

Lost out on the title by 1 goal which hurt, the tactic was solid throughout the season, with just a tiny blimp in March. 

Players;

1720015109_Screenshot_20210327-165116_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.dd25a0ea3f31b475914c749e95620978.jpg

1206995215_Screenshot_20210327-165125_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.fc4dcd552db908477b628028a6c2287d.jpg

1740151816_Screenshot_20210327-165134_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.cd71f1af1704019b146ed70c86fae648.jpg

Poulsen leading the scoring and assists, he was quality to be fair ha. 

This was my usual lineup when the full team was fit;

2092940447_Screenshot_20210327-165107_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.fd4f1076187ff7d34cff5e66e08285fb.jpg

This tactic will only get better with better players. 

Well done mate, excellent work. 

3 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

@Schwantz34 my mate, what a tactic this is.

Finished the season and the results speak for themselves. 

Yes, I've used sugar daddy, but this was only a fun save that I'm looking forward to continuing. 

The league;

1748332290_Screenshot_20210327-165029_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.15df7155d0709d226cd6c9771ea089ae.jpg

Lost out on the title by 1 goal which hurt, the tactic was solid throughout the season, with just a tiny blimp in March. 

Players;

1720015109_Screenshot_20210327-165116_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.dd25a0ea3f31b475914c749e95620978.jpg

1206995215_Screenshot_20210327-165125_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.fc4dcd552db908477b628028a6c2287d.jpg

1740151816_Screenshot_20210327-165134_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.cd71f1af1704019b146ed70c86fae648.jpg

Poulsen leading the scoring and assists, he was quality to be fair ha. 

This was my usual lineup when the full team was fit;

2092940447_Screenshot_20210327-165107_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.fd4f1076187ff7d34cff5e66e08285fb.jpg

This tactic will only get better with better players. 

Well done mate, excellent work. 

Honestly, if you get a better RP or even two like I tend to so you can rotate and not weaken that position, it should make a big difference.

Good to know it's still working though because I wasn't sure with all the latest updates landing, my saves using it are a few versions ago now I think. Seems like a new Google Play Store update drops with each week 😂

Cheers for trying it out and glad you're enjoying it 😀👍

53 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Honestly, if you get a better RP or even two like I tend to so you can rotate and not weaken that position, it should make a big difference.

Good to know it's still working though because I wasn't sure with all the latest updates landing, my saves using it are a few versions ago now I think. Seems like a new Google Play Store update drops with each week 😂

Cheers for trying it out and glad you're enjoying it 😀👍

Who would you say is the best RP in the game for top level teams? 

1 minute ago, JamesVilla said:

Who would you say is the best RP in the game for top level teams? 

Put Grealish there 😁

1 minute ago, JamesVilla said:

I've been playing him as the left IF, tried him a few games in the middle and he didn't make as much as an impact there tbf. 

Damn. I thought he’d be good there, but I guess he’s going to be more a effective  further forward. I have used RP a fair few times this year and can’t think who I’ve used tbh.

Edited by Rich
3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Damn. I thought he’d be good there, but I guess he’s going to be more a effective  further forward. I have used RP a fair few times this year and can’t think who I’ve used tbh.

I'll try him there again but swap the sides, Jack is right footed so want him to use his stronger foot more. Just gotta find a left footed DLP now 😂