Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 3-2-2-2-1 (Inspired by Ruben Amorim's 3-4-3)

38 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Who would you say is the best RP in the game for top level teams? 

It tends to be best fits I go for rather than who some would say are the best.

As an example Rog (To see how he can be effective, look at the Sassuolo save I did on page 1) seems to be quality in that role every time I sign him. I tend to set the attributes sliders to RP default then add in some other traits I want, like shooting etc.

I like Orkun Kökçü in the RP role too, but he does need to develop as he plays.

Edited by Schwantz34
On 10/03/2021 at 18:27, Schwantz34 said:

**UPDATED SYSTEM OF PLAY WITH RESULTS**

So I said I wanted my system to score more goals, and with some tweaks we managed it in the very next season! I also think the style now resembles how Amorim likes his team to play. Gutted about the Champions League which for the second season in a row I didn't have Brekalo for at the same stage! Evanilson deputised well for him through the season after I trained him to play there, but he was brought in really as a player to rotate with Weghorst and eventually take his place as he's ageing now but still effective. Nevertheless there was a dominat title win with a few games still to play, and some impressive wins including the 5-0 spanking of Dortmund! Anyway here is the new setup with results. Happy with how it's now working and with better players added that Champions League is attainable! On and the unbeaten league season made me pretty happy 💪

rIXBET3.jpg

TZzPpb7.jpg

B2bzCXB.jpg

Most Used 11

XmZ3tnz.jpg

Final Table

polNbHq.jpg

bdNRiTi.jpg

Transfers in

oCir50s.jpg

Transfers out

mxYzRiV.jpg

ow8uIFr.jpg

Goals

OwkhHnR.jpg

Assists

LYrzP0a.jpg

Games

UxlbDQY.jpg

DiVKqd2.jpg

dEb24Df.jpg

SfqwNGQ.jpg

ZG8R3mQ.jpg

9tuqyM3.jpg

I was curious if you experimented with taking your DC-CD and moving him up to be an Anchor Man or even a BWM. I’m glad you were able to get the desired results with more goals. I was just thinking maybe with a DMC and your WBs, the game would have more space and free flowing. Then again, real life football strategies don’t always work out in the game. 
(Messi simply needs his own role.)

Would you mind if I experimented with some changes and kept you updated on the results?

3 hours ago, AlphaSeph said:

I was curious if you experimented with taking your DC-CD and moving him up to be an Anchor Man or even a BWM. I’m glad you were able to get the desired results with more goals. I was just thinking maybe with a DMC and your WBs, the game would have more space and free flowing. Then again, real life football strategies don’t always work out in the game. 
(Messi simply needs his own role.)

Would you mind if I experimented with some changes and kept you updated on the results?

I put tactics here for people to use or adapt so wouldn't ever ask anybody to not change anything on my stuff.

See what you can do with it and have fun along the way 👍

Edited by Schwantz34
On 11/03/2021 at 00:27, Schwantz34 said:

**UPDATED SYSTEM OF PLAY WITH RESULTS**

So I said I wanted my system to score more goals, and with some tweaks we managed it in the very next season! I also think the style now resembles how Amorim likes his team to play. Gutted about the Champions League which for the second season in a row I didn't have Brekalo for at the same stage! Evanilson deputised well for him through the season after I trained him to play there, but he was brought in really as a player to rotate with Weghorst and eventually take his place as he's ageing now but still effective. Nevertheless there was a dominat title win with a few games still to play, and some impressive wins including the 5-0 spanking of Dortmund! Anyway here is the new setup with results. Happy with how it's now working and with better players added that Champions League is attainable! On and the unbeaten league season made me pretty happy 💪

rIXBET3.jpg

TZzPpb7.jpg

B2bzCXB.jpg

Most Used 11

XmZ3tnz.jpg

Final Table

polNbHq.jpg

bdNRiTi.jpg

Transfers in

oCir50s.jpg

Transfers out

mxYzRiV.jpg

ow8uIFr.jpg

Goals

OwkhHnR.jpg

Assists

LYrzP0a.jpg

Games

UxlbDQY.jpg

DiVKqd2.jpg

dEb24Df.jpg

SfqwNGQ.jpg

ZG8R3mQ.jpg

9tuqyM3.jpg

This is a solid tactic probably the most balanced one I've tested this year. Solid defensively and solid going forward. When having the right players for the roles and having them train their roles this tactic goes into overdrive. Thought it would be fitting to test with sporting. Ended up finishing the season unbeaten in the league and only lost two games altogether (one unlucky one on penalties in the cup, and 2 unlucky game against arsenal with 10 men) now I get the chance to start the second season with a team more equipped for this tactic I reckon I should do pretty well let's see! Solid tactic though mate well done!

Screenshot_20210405-005348_FM21 Mobile.jpg

28 minutes ago, Zeroskeen said:

This is a solid tactic probably the most balanced one I've tested this year. Solid defensively and solid going forward. When having the right players for the roles and having them train their roles this tactic goes into overdrive. Thought it would be fitting to test with sporting. Ended up finishing the season unbeaten in the league and only lost two games altogether (one unlucky one on penalties in the cup, and 2 unlucky game against arsenal with 10 men) now I get the chance to start the second season with a team more equipped for this tactic I reckon I should do pretty well let's see! Solid tactic though mate well done!

Screenshot_20210405-005348_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Thanks for trying it out! Nice to see you applied it to the team of the man himself. I was going to do the same but haven't gotten around to it yet. Good to know it works with them.

It's still working well on the saves I have it applied to and you're right, it does get better the more you use it 👍🏼

Having the right players for the roles always makes a big difference to any tactic and I wish people would realise that, before they say things don't work.

Thanks again for trying it out!

40 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Thanks for trying it out! Nice to see you applied it to the team of the man himself. I was going to do the same but haven't gotten around to it yet. Good to know it works with them.

It's still working well on the saves I have it applied to and you're right, it does get better the more you use it 👍🏼

Having the right players for the roles always makes a big difference to any tactic and I wish people would realise that, before they say things don't work.

Thanks again for trying it out!

No worries man thanks for making such a solid tactic, been trying to implement this shape into this years fm with no luck so great to be able to use this! Yeah I thought why not test it with the team it's working with! Honestly when you get a chance give it a try! 

Glad to know it's still working well for you! It's still going strong as you can see in my screenshot now, haven't even conceded a goal in the first few games!

It's something that annoys me too, I always see people expecting every tactic to be plug and play and then being shocked and angry that it doesn't work out. Best thing to do is always play out one season see who works in the tactic and who doesn't, then either mould the tactic to your team or if you have the budget replace with relevant players. Horta has been an amazing signing for that left wing position! 

Screenshot_20210405-142142_FM21 Mobile.jpg

52 minutes ago, Zeroskeen said:

No worries man thanks for making such a solid tactic, been trying to implement this shape into this years fm with no luck so great to be able to use this! Yeah I thought why not test it with the team it's working with! Honestly when you get a chance give it a try! 

Glad to know it's still working well for you! It's still going strong as you can see in my screenshot now, haven't even conceded a goal in the first few games!

It's something that annoys me too, I always see people expecting every tactic to be plug and play and then being shocked and angry that it doesn't work out. Best thing to do is always play out one season see who works in the tactic and who doesn't, then either mould the tactic to your team or if you have the budget replace with relevant players. Horta has been an amazing signing for that left wing position! 

Screenshot_20210405-142142_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Onyekuru is my favourite left sided IF for this season's version of the game. He's absolutely deadly for goals and gets assists as well. Doesn't cost a fortune either if you get him early on.

I'll definitely give it a go with Sporting next, especially as I'm a big fan of the Amorim style of play.

The updated version of my tactic also works in the EFL Championship. I was using a different tactic on a Leeds save when they inexplicably sacked me in 2022/23 with 6 games left, and in 3rd spot only 2 points off the top. Wasn't in awful form, finances were good & I saw no other reason for it so it actually made me angry 😂

Instead of leaving it there, I noticed Sheffield Wednesday had a vacancy and still smarting from the Leeds sacking I applied, and thought I'll go to one of our local rivals & show you what a mistake you just made!

I realised really quick that their squad wasn't good but managed to keep them up and head towards mid table as the season closed out.

For my first full season there wasn't big money to spend so I did some squad surgery and got together what was a reasonable squad, but certainly not one of the strongest in the division. I'm suddenly thinking to myself that this could be a real struggle. I decided in an effort to be tough to beat I'd try them with my Amorim system for my first full season and this is what happened;

Most used 11

3Nsy8pS.png

Final Table

DbXvO37.png

Transfers in

sNSeSdP.png

8d9sjjZ.png

Transfers out

nIXF8Or.png

Fi6ZvYQ.png

Goals

ybV923N.png

Assists

xEmWtli.png

Games

vlJH3kX.png

CWQwLWa.png

ap3gy4O.png

Js7wNpZ.png

c6pylDY.png

Well @ZeroskeenI finally got around to a season test with the man himself's team, so here's how it went. The only change I made from my updated version of the tactic was to go mixed passing. I figured the talented midfielders should be on the ball more, as they are in Amorim's system.

Final Table

44FWNxH.png

Transfer business (Nothing in, just outgoings to keep it a true Amorim test)

InwqMWk.png

S7wcVxb.png

Goals

pnsb769.png

Assists

WGAv46g.png

Results

MDAuRtO.png

C5ucHmK.png

ASRg4xH.png

NSt1IqP.png

5acW0IC.png

It's also good to know my system is still effective on the latest version. Might still try some further small tweaks though.

Tested with Hamburg in germany's second division, used the updated version but with mixed passing focus and direct passing style (not changes i intended to do, they were mistakes when i copied the tactic 🥴 still proved to be efective tho)

League Table

Screenshot_20210430-004355.thumb.png.37181751c65707d95eb88b2920e3bb25.png

Goals

Screenshot_20210430-004545.thumb.png.3ed97b8c55f527dd4ced745a932c0eed.png

Assits

Screenshot_20210430-004552.thumb.png.673ef87e8610b3bc7f91b1412816e6dc.png

Transfers in:

Screenshot_20210430-004705.thumb.png.f7e7bc4c434db18ab980163287747ded.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot_20210430-004711.thumb.png.85bbc5e8f4360c26bad0db032e8458c8.png

Most used 11:

Screenshot_20210430-004438.thumb.png.a73dbec8efbf053202b733b9a560264a.png

Results:

Screenshot_20210430-004528.thumb.png.a80ee924d15705336f66912b4f19b9a1.png

Screenshot_20210430-004508.thumb.png.fe83e229c0c3a6acad118e84a78ea021.png

Screenshot_20210430-004457.png

Screenshot_20210430-004450.png

Congrats for creating such a solid and amazing tactic @Schwantz34

Edited by Lautaro Bianchi
14 hours ago, Lautaro Bianchi said:

Tested with Hamburg in germany's second division, used the updated version but with mixed passing focus and direct passing style (not changes i intended to do, they were mistakes when i copied the tactic 🥴 still proved to be efective tho)

League Table

Screenshot_20210430-004355.thumb.png.37181751c65707d95eb88b2920e3bb25.png

Goals

Screenshot_20210430-004545.thumb.png.3ed97b8c55f527dd4ced745a932c0eed.png

Assits

Screenshot_20210430-004552.thumb.png.673ef87e8610b3bc7f91b1412816e6dc.png

Transfers in:

Screenshot_20210430-004705.thumb.png.f7e7bc4c434db18ab980163287747ded.png

Transfers out:

Screenshot_20210430-004711.thumb.png.85bbc5e8f4360c26bad0db032e8458c8.png

Most used 11:

Screenshot_20210430-004438.thumb.png.a73dbec8efbf053202b733b9a560264a.png

Results:

Screenshot_20210430-004528.thumb.png.a80ee924d15705336f66912b4f19b9a1.png

Screenshot_20210430-004508.thumb.png.fe83e229c0c3a6acad118e84a78ea021.png

Screenshot_20210430-004457.png

Screenshot_20210430-004450.png

Congrats for creating such a solid and amazing tactic @Schwantz34

My updated tactic is already direct passing, did you mean you switched from direct to something else?

Glad it worked for you whatever tweaks you made. I'm still making small changes myself with passing style, as I sometimes used mixed for that and the passing focus to mixed.

I think some of your screenshots are broken FYI.

Awesome that it was good for your team though it's great to see!

Quick update, won the bundesliga after being promoted (only bringing in 2 new players to the starting eleven; 1 CD and a GK), safe to say this is one of the best and most fun tactics this year

Screenshot_20210504-170235.thumb.png.a2fb351aadf96bce3e3eab6558fdc1de.png

On 30/04/2021 at 15:46, Schwantz34 said:

My updated tactic is already direct passing, did you mean you switched from direct to something else?

Glad it worked for you whatever tweaks you made. I'm still making small changes myself with passing style, as I sometimes used mixed for that and the passing focus to mixed.

I think some of your screenshots are broken FYI.

Awesome that it was good for your team though it's great to see!

And also what i meant by mixed passing is this

Screenshot_20210504-170243.thumb.png.dfa204f614b4db3390ff88139645e559.png

I thought I Made mistake because when you applied the tactic to Sporting you changed it to mixed passing (So i thought You were talking about style of passing, not were the passes are headed) sorry for the misundertanding, cheers

1 hour ago, Lautaro Bianchi said:

Quick update, won the bundesliga after being promoted (only bringing in 2 new players to the starting eleven; 1 CD and a GK), safe to say this is one of the best and most fun tactics this year

Screenshot_20210504-170235.thumb.png.a2fb351aadf96bce3e3eab6558fdc1de.png

And also what i meant by mixed passing is this

Screenshot_20210504-170243.thumb.png.dfa204f614b4db3390ff88139645e559.png

I thought I Made mistake because when you applied the tactic to Sporting you changed it to mixed passing (So i thought You were talking about style of passing, not were the passes are headed) sorry for the misundertanding, cheers

Glad it's working for you still. I think I got lucky that it's a tactic that didn't break down after all the game updates.

I haven't tried it with a top team yet so that's one thing I still might have a go at. A Man City or Barcelona test maybe.

3 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

@Schwantz34 - I'm going to give this a go in a new save this evening.

Are you still using the version posted on the 11th March?

Thanks!

I changed my passing to mixed but other than that it's the same still.

6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Who did you use as your RP @Lautaro Bianchi?

I tend to use Rog but interesting to see who others play or sign to play there.

I've been using Matheus Henrique from Grêmio (Brazil) and the well-knowed Tonali (altough he lacks movement at first). But in reality they don't do very well ratings wise :/, i've been wanting to change the RP to an AP to see what happens but in fear that the team breaks down i've haven't done it yet

nevertheless Matheus is an incredible and versatile player for the midfield

How's that save with Man C going?

2 hours ago, Lautaro Bianchi said:

I've been using Matheus Henrique from Grêmio (Brazil) and the well-knowed Tonali (altough he lacks movement at first). But in reality they don't do very well ratings wise :/, i've been wanting to change the RP to an AP to see what happens but in fear that the team breaks down i've haven't done it yet

nevertheless Matheus is an incredible and versatile player for the midfield

How's that save with Man C going?

I'm experimenting a bit. I've set passing focus and passing style to mixed, and inverted the wingbacks;

NyDDIty.png

54FBpn0.png

1QVhKlG.png

1 hour ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Thanks mate.

Out of interest, may I ask what you do for set pieces; mainly defending and attacking corners?

Free kicks are on shoot. Corners are near post and striker set to run near post.

That's about it really. I stopped playing with it too much after the updates killed most things I was doing set piece wise.

On 25/04/2021 at 04:07, Schwantz34 said:

Well @ZeroskeenI finally got around to a season test with the man himself's team, so here's how it went. The only change I made from my updated version of the tactic was to go mixed passing. I figured the talented midfielders should be on the ball more, as they are in Amorim's system.

Final Table

44FWNxH.png

Transfer business (Nothing in, just outgoings to keep it a true Amorim test)

InwqMWk.png

S7wcVxb.png

Goals

pnsb769.png

Assists

WGAv46g.png

Results

MDAuRtO.png

C5ucHmK.png

ASRg4xH.png

NSt1IqP.png

5acW0IC.png

It's also good to know my system is still effective on the latest version. Might still try some further small tweaks though.

Hello @Schwantz34 .Just wanted to know if you changed both your passing focus and style to mixed or just only focus? 

3 hours ago, suman said:

Hello @Schwantz34 .Just wanted to know if you changed both your passing focus and style to mixed or just only focus? 

I left the focus as down both flanks because it seems to make the tactic less effective anytime I've moved off that.

this tactic is simply fantastic, very efficient. in the middle of the season with Sassuolo, without any transfer, first place, 12 out of 19 clean sheets, Caputo is insane.

Screenshot_20210519-214136.png

Screenshot_20210519-214053.png

Screenshot_20210519-214021.png

12 hours ago, Jimbrandon said:

this tactic is simply fantastic, very efficient. in the middle of the season with Sassuolo, without any transfer, first place, 12 out of 19 clean sheets, Caputo is insane.

Screenshot_20210519-214136.png

Screenshot_20210519-214053.png

Screenshot_20210519-214021.png

Glad it's working for you!

I had a good season at Sassuolo as one of my test teams (it's on page 1), but I had signed Daka as my striker. I missed winning the title with them by 3 points so hopefully you can go one better and win it 🏆

On 28/03/2021 at 02:53, JamesVilla said:

Who would you say is the best RP in the game for top level teams? 

Illiax moriba become one of the best midfielder in the game. He cost something b/w 20-30m. You can use him as RP or BBM.Screenshot_20210518-025929.thumb.jpg.76837602d7d9816fa84f96ecd09d3f63.jpg

Tactics look great. Everyone's reponse is quite positive. Will definitely give it a try. I've been struggling to create a tactics that works constantly which is why i haven't been able to play any save after 2-3 season. Hopefully this will work & i get to finish a save for the first time. Will post the results soon.

Edited by Nick11
7 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Illiax moriba become one of the best midfielder in the game. He cost something b/w 20-30m. You can use him as RP or BBM.Screenshot_20210518-025929.thumb.jpg.76837602d7d9816fa84f96ecd09d3f63.jpg

Yeah he really was brilliant on the couple of saves I had him, but wasn't using this tactic when I did. My go to is usually Rog but I do need to try out Moriba in my tactic.

Hopefully it will work for you when you give the tactic a go 👍

8 hours ago, Jimbrandon said:

the tactic works great, nothing to change, just put the players in their place. thanks for sharing.

Screenshot_20210521-081507.png

Screenshot_20210521-081522.png

Screenshot_20210521-081420.png

Screenshot_20210521-081032.png

Brilliant mate I'm glad it's been a success for you!

Thanks again for trying it out.