Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help DM roles help

StuartM

Morning folks, I've been working on a tactic that is working pretty well. It has taken Clermont from the bottom of Ligue 2 to the top half of Ligue 1 in 2 years. What's the problem you say? Well, my DLP just hits 6s every game and as a result his stars plummet. Maybe it shouldn't matter but it just bugs me, so a bit of a question for those of you who have made this shape work.378943763_Screenshot_20210312-163237_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.9baa225353704e43458e09354ea309c4.jpg

This tactic works by dominating possession and the DLP seems to keep the ball pretty well.336961394_Screenshot_20210313-100830_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.4f6fe51a673ccacfbe46d67598002292.jpg

I haven't always had players that had the right attributes but do have some that do (like this guy) but with little difference to ratings.

96102243_Screenshot_20210313-100213_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.407f4a99c324476044d8b76ca8f241e9.jpg

I tried him as a RP as that seems to work in another tactic I have, but he just never got the ball.

I could just push the DM into the midfield line but that seems like admitting defeat or I could just crack on with it as is.

Any tips?

The ratings of players in the DM position have been pretty broken for years unfortunately and they just don’t get high ratings unless they regularly get assists or goals. Things like completed passes and tackles/interceptions don’t seem to boost there rating.

Really the three options are you either ignore the ratings and accept if the team plays well then it’s working overall, move the DM up to the CM line or back as a Libero or get a DM who can take set pieces that will help boost his rating.

Thanks @FuddledFox, its the answer I thought. I had a tactic before with the DLP on the midfield line but it worked very differently and I'm hoping to avoid a complete tear up seeing as this one works! I've never properly tried a Libero so might have a go with that. Cheers again.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

The ratings of players in the DM position have been pretty broken for years unfortunately and they just don’t get high ratings unless they regularly get assists or goals. Things like completed passes and tackles/interceptions don’t seem to boost there rating.

Really the three options are you either ignore the ratings and accept if the team plays well then it’s working overall, move the DM up to the CM line or back as a Libero or get a DM who can take set pieces that will help boost his rating.

I had a look in to this and guess what, it’s doable to get some roles to have constant 7+ rating without goals/assists.

I found having 7+ tackles completed and interceptions help a lot for DM/BWM/A but sadly it doesn’t affect DLP and RPM

I don't know what attributes are needed by Liberos to make them actually move out of the Deneuve line and do stuff, but in my experience they are identical to BPDs. 

And yes, if ratings are what you are after, you either need to play very aggressively so that he moves up the field further, or move him to the cm line. Doing what your position is supposed to do is not rewarded in FMM (CD is the exception) , only scoring and assisting is. Same deal with keepers, even the best in the world will get a 6.7 or so over the course of a season.l, unless they rack up a few assists. 

Edit: @broodje kip I would say that's still broken to a degree, getting 7+ tackles and interceptions in a game should be a comfy 9 or 10 (and also fmm has about 100x more tackles and interceptions than real life, but still.) 

Edited by hhooo
8 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I don't know what attributes are needed by Liberos to make them actually move out of the Deneuve line and do stuff, but in my experience they are identical to BPDs. 

And yes, if ratings are what you are after, you either need to play very aggressively so that he moves up the field further, or move him to the cm line. Doing what your position is supposed to do is not rewarded in FMM (CD is the exception) , only scoring and assisting is. Same deal with keepers, even the best in the world will get a 6.7 or so over the course of a season.l, unless they rack up a few assists. 

Edit: @broodje kip I would say that's still broken to a degree, getting 7+ tackles and interceptions in a game should be a comfy 9 or 10 (and also fmm has about 100x more tackles and interceptions than real life, but still.) 

Yeah sadly. No DM on real life would do 7+ interceptions every single game. Not even N’Golo Kante.

Thanks for all the responses folks, I'm going to take a closer look at the tactic with the RP and see if I can work out why the ratings are okay there and then play with this to see if I can find a tweak that doesn't stop it working.

I would definitely move the DM up into central midfield and see how it goes.

Nothing more annoying than seeing a top DM come through your academy and accepting that they won’t fulfil their potential unless you change their position (or unless they can take free kicks/pens/corners). 

Edited by Jack
23 minutes ago, Jack said:

I would definitely move the DM up into central midfield and see how it goes.

Nothing more annoying than seeing a top DM come through your academy and accepting that they won’t fulfil their potential unless you change their position (or unless they can take free kicks/pens/corners). 

Or spending big money on getting an excellent DM who is amazing every game but the fans/board think he's wank