Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Badge 09: Buffon's European Finale

image.png.48706bd8394bb1082775e48619ba53cd.png

Welcome to the ninth instalment of the Badges of Honour series, and it is the in the historic northern Italian city of Turin that we find our challenger. A man who has won 10 Scudettos, 5 Coppa Italias, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Ligue 1, and a World Cup, but one thing is missing: the Champions League. In this challenge, you will be using the 42 year old Gianluigi Buffon to win the champions league.

Spoiler

In this challenge, the aim is not to score goals, but not concede them. You will manage Juventus (Zebre) for one season, and take Buffon to the one major honour he is missing - The Champions League

The benchmark is to win the Champions League, with no benchmark for goals conceded. A slightly easier benchmark compared to others, but this challenge is slightly different.

Your score will be Buffon's Games Played minus Goals Conceded (Will need a screenshot of his history page), with a further bonus of 20 points for beating Buffon's league points record of 102 Points (Screenshot of the league table)

Usual rules apply:

• No unlockables;
  • No cheating;
  • Own formations;
  • And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database;
  • Transfers, etc, allowed;
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;
  • Again, don’t be a cheat

Also, credit to @Rob for helping me with the idea and to @FuddledFox for the fantastic badge!

Good Luck everyone, and get Buffon that Trophy!

Leaderboard

1. @Dai_ - 60 - Here
  2. @Albionic - 58 - Here
  3. @Rich  - 48 - Here
  4. @hhooo - 47 - Here
  5. @BordeauxAndBrawn - 23 - Here
Edited by Albionic
37 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Great idea. Lovely to see a defensive challenge here and there!

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

Lovely idea. I will give this a go over the weekend I think 😁

21 minutes ago, DLC said:

I'll deffintley be looking at cracking on with this, nice challenge!

Good luck guys, expecting some high quality scores!

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Sweeeet! New badge. A good alternative to goals galore challenges. 

Exactly what I thought when reading this challenge. So good to have variety.

On 17/03/2021 at 22:33, Albionic said:

image.png.48706bd8394bb1082775e48619ba53cd.png

Welcome to the ninth instalment of the Badges of Honour series, and it is the in the historic northern Italian city of Turin that we find our challenger. A man who has won 10 Scudettos, 5 Coppa Italias, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Ligue 1, and a World Cup, but one thing is missing: the Champions League. In this challenge, you will be using the 42 year old Gianluigi Buffon to win the champions league.

Hide contents

In this challenge, the aim is not to score goals, but not concede them. You will manage Juventus (Zebre) for one season, and take Buffon to the one major honour he is missing - The Champions League

The benchmark is to win the Champions League, with no benchmark for goals conceded. A slightly easier benchmark compared to others, but this challenge is slightly different.

Your score will be Buffon's Games Played minus Goals Conceded (Will need a screenshot of his history page), with a further bonus of 20 points for beating Buffon's league points record of 102 Points (Screenshot of the league table)

Usual rules apply:

• No unlockables;
  • No cheating;
  • Own formations;
  • And that means don’t steal the BP and change one instruction - you know who you are! That is cheating;
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database;
  • Transfers, etc, allowed;
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;
  • Again, don’t be a cheat

Also, credit to @Rob for helping me with the idea and to @FuddledFox for the fantastic badge!

Good Luck everyone, and get Buffon that Trophy!

Leaderboard

1.  @Rich  - 48 - Here

I haven't uploaded my Dortmund run cause i went into depression last night after Zagreb Destroyed Spurs 😭🤦🏼‍♂️. But once I'm in the mood. I'll upload my Dortmund stats and then do this. I don't know how to score plenty of goals 😆. But keeping clean sheets?? Oh yeah boy 😎🤪.