Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Buffoon Takes Charge of Buffon (Complete)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I love myself a badge, they look so good on my Vibe jumper😁

Anyway this is a lovely challenge created by @Albionic and you can find it Here

These come from the Badges Of Honour created by @Robnob which you can find Here

“In this challenge, the aim is not to score goals, but not concede them. You will manage Juventus (Zebre) for one season, and take Buffon to the one major honour he is missing - The Champions League

The benchmark is to win the Champions League, with no benchmark for goals conceded. A slightly easier benchmark compared to others, but this challenge is slightly different.

Your score will be Buffon's Games Played minus Goals Conceded (Will need a screenshot of his history page), with a further bonus of 20 points for beating Buffon's league points record of 102 Points (Screenshot of the league table)”


I have started this challenge and will be back with an update soon.

Thank You for Reading 😁

347A82F5-D51D-4145-A75C-F86096921586.jpeg.e318557df63acce2ecc0c13afacbd964.jpeg

Edited by Rich
Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Good Luck mate, expecting a stellar season!

I’m not known for my defensive side on here, so I’d say this will be interesting, but I do love creating new tactics, so I’m well in to this 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Transfers 

B38065CE-BB7F-49B7-B8D6-39290520A467.thumb.png.3380336bfc13cfe7a86f4880194daa9b.pngCCCC1453-014B-427D-AFBD-80601ECCC6D1.thumb.png.2fd0921aead266b22790a33556d94316.png
 

So looking at the squad, it wasn’t actually as strong as I thought it would be, defensively and up front we were fine except I felt we needed one world class CB and that came in Varane who’s got all the attributes to help us concede. I am just very nervy about Buffon as his stats are pretty poor tbh. So as long as we don’t concede many chances we should be ok.

We have strengthened the midfield big time and I’m very happy with the people we brought in. For some reason Kuluseveski has gone very poor looking so my idea is to loan him for a bit and wait for a stats boost.

So I will also be back for a review January time of the half season 😁

Thanks for reading.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Transfers 

B38065CE-BB7F-49B7-B8D6-39290520A467.thumb.png.3380336bfc13cfe7a86f4880194daa9b.pngCCCC1453-014B-427D-AFBD-80601ECCC6D1.thumb.png.2fd0921aead266b22790a33556d94316.png
 

So looking at the squad, it wasn’t actually as strong as I thought it would be, defensively and up front we were fine except I felt we needed one world class CB and that came in Varane who’s got all the attributes to help us concede. I am just very nervy about Buffon as his stats are pretty poor tbh. So as long as we don’t concede many chances we should be ok.

We have strengthened the midfield big time and I’m very happy with the people we brought in. For some reason Kuluseveski has gone very poor looking so my idea is to loan him for a bit and wait for a stats boost.

So I will also be back for a review January time of the half season 😁

Thanks for reading.

 

Some good looking transfers there, I am intrigued as to how you get on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Luck @Rich mate! I'll be following, thinking of giving this a go at some point!

 

Some nice transfers there mate, loving Raphael Varane and Mikel Merino!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Good luck Richard

Thanks Dad.

 

5 hours ago, DLC said:

Good Luck @Rich mate! I'll be following, thinking of giving this a go at some point!

 

Some nice transfers there mate, loving Raphael Varane and Mikel Merino!

Thanks mate! I’m halfway done now and will post an update in a bit 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half A Season Update

So welcome back, I’ve had some time this morning to play some as I WFH and I’m quiet. Had to create a tactic from scratch for this and after a lot of tinkering I think I may have created something very nice. 
 

Transfers

So not much to note from the January window, we managed to sign Jose Gaya on Loan which was a great deal as we needed a back up for Alex Sandro.

All The Fixtures So Far

A0A9C552-A5B7-479B-8F59-EE4BF119A8AB.thumb.png.faa33148650b8d19bdbde1241ff65da0.pngC471FC30-0D37-40D2-91C0-688ABED971B3.thumb.png.f4f05a0882eb32b4f3f78aef3d840e0c.png5FB6EE2A-1F22-4348-A5B7-3D4AC08138C3.thumb.png.a8edb84a7316e4009136da034fb56101.png
 

So as you can see, the further I’ve gotten, the better we have got defensively but we also started to struggle to get the goals, a lot of 0-0 including a couple against Man City. The amount we dominate games though, we are averaging around 65% possession and not getting barely any shots against us.

Some Notable Games

Spoiler

D10C0750-6884-431A-938A-5CE9AD49ECEE.thumb.png.03398079d07f531ba781e38bfe3d4832.png51EDB5C2-31C9-49DC-A919-706E43951421.thumb.png.34f527fad654f6ad222ed810ad2a87be.pngF39BB63D-234E-4F00-A3AC-2BF8801FD09F.thumb.png.1c5125374bf4688febc6226443f47530.png29671D9C-FA7C-433C-8E0D-9DB1A323AE05.thumb.png.756c1598cc7c40b26fbce8f497774c22.pngCA3D858D-063B-4199-8475-94F2F9EE3D16.thumb.png.cc63a43be707500b93b96e1888861fb2.png

So as you can see, dominant in some games and it’s nice to create something that gets so much of the ball and sees not too many shots. Hopefully it just gets stronger from here.

The Tables

CBED7F81-4C6B-4253-A5FA-9637BA8B706C.thumb.png.a5b96d9afd03f718a0b2c364d64ef014.pngBF204BE9-CE5D-4139-8D05-B3CCEBE5CA9F.thumb.png.a5ee1ca7c03c67888666eec7a1a5c1fd.png
 

So looking pretty good so far, not my usual all out attack as you see, but hopefully this can’t be the start of my becoming a more defensive player. Who am I kidding? 😁

Buffon 

927C5F67-DDE6-4B30-8DE9-B3DD891F8B63.thumb.png.bad567d5caaca63208e05be17a9e4087.png2E5C06B1-3433-4BBA-90F8-1E41547C1DB2.thumb.png.47c353e60e35ec520af78f00cdd2bff0.png
 

So as you can see he’s got poor stats but he’s actually playing well considering. Only the 6 goals we’ve conceded in all comps so far. Hopefully this run continues. 
 

Looking forward to the rest of the season now. But I am concerned about the champions league, I don’t know if we will have enough going forward to beat these teams. Time will tell.

Thank you for reading, your comments are always welcome 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats a quality first half mate, looking good at the back! I just started a go at this and Buffon got injured for two months in a friendly, so a fresh start needed 😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Fantastic start that. 

Must be painful sitting through the low scoring games though😁

Yeah it’s so different to how I play the game! I am enjoying creating something new though, so that’s a plus. Cheers mate 😁

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

Thats a quality first half mate, looking good at the back! I just started a go at this and Buffon got injured for two months in a friendly, so a fresh start needed 😂

 

Ohhh no way, no injuries for my Buffon yet, fingers cross. I never play this way, so it’s kind of fun haha. Cheers James 😁

40 minutes ago, DLC said:

Wow. 👀 Great start mate!

Thanks mate! Surprised myself here 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Looking good so far, if you can win the champions league it will be an excellent season

 Thanks Albi! I have now finished the season, so all will be revealed soon😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full Season

Hello and welcome back already to my attempt at the Buffon badge. Before I give you my results I got to say I really enjoyed this one and it’s quite surprising as I love scoring goals but whenever I need to create something new it’s always fun.


The Cups

1F906786-C3D8-476A-AB11-73B8371E6016.thumb.png.5a0da8befd90175dd0c2d404dd6ef2d1.pngA714855B-78A8-42BB-B52A-58ABA1440C1D.thumb.png.f4691866372220a591295ec23b9446d3.png

So we win both domestic cups which was nice, we are so hard to beat in this set up and as you can see we love to keep the ball. Which I’m enjoying as I haven’t really concentrated on that before.

The League

C7F58A95-D249-4655-A83F-2A35A882120B.thumb.png.765ead0667d8a9bed7658a6f86b379fd.png
 

Amazing, we didn’t concede a single league goal since our last update, I think that’s how I played the season so quick as I didn’t want to put it down. I can’t believe how much fun I had not conceding. We didn’t however get the 102 points or more as we drew too many games 0-0. But that didn’t bother me much. That’s all that matters now is the champions league.

Champions League

Last 16

22B33FD0-2F02-4F1F-8363-B0C562DD4A0C.thumb.png.ed1b46620dedb86a22470c2141ec8639.png8CBAA7D8-748A-43F2-A5CF-F67525F5B94B.thumb.png.813673104b8e84f1dcba5bd01820ebf9.png
 

So we really scrape through here, but we were pretty dominant. A lot of possession again which really excites me for some reason 😂

Quarter Final

2E542949-41B9-420C-98C5-79251501403B.thumb.png.939fa57272d67e095fa14a2c907c1d86.png297BBDB5-0F47-4BE6-85C0-3D6EA07CF95D.thumb.png.2513d78f9658afabf33a743a71271c79.png

Utter dominance against a very good Atletico team which was really nice. A very resounding 5-0 aggregate score will do us nicely.

Semi Final

5D4041BD-A220-4B6E-8A64-1544A0AAEF48.thumb.png.e2d07bfc7a593fae4fda8c03151fb482.pngDB82B491-F881-41DB-BDF1-423348AF89E6.thumb.png.b82a917660ca309d43247b1b7f5d8ac5.png

As soon as Cristiano got that goal away at Bayern I had a very good feeling, we don’t concede hardly any and we are very strong at home. And that proved to be the case. Restricting Bayern to barely anything. So now just the final to go, Surely we can’t fall at the last hurdle?

The Final

E8EFE22E-747A-490E-9A3C-2041254C198B.thumb.png.4e3cd92ae55313dd05ce981f28b45949.png
 

So we did it, I was expecting the worst when Haaland got that goal. But they didn’t have any more attempts. We kept the ball for 79% of the game, which is madness. I’m honestly smiling writing this, how sad 😂

Rest Of The Fixtures

Spoiler

962EE8E6-6EF2-418D-98A2-9F75E53940BE.thumb.png.8bf8c87493513638ceb7e39efb9e45b3.pngD4ADB7AE-9D90-4FA4-AE12-600AF0AA9522.thumb.png.8ed5789c070be428d3f6df9170fdd66a.pngDDD7C2A5-C940-458A-A8A5-24D445A0E6C6.thumb.png.288f6a8ef180a2a2a95d22fe66c21bce.png

So as you can see, barely any goals conceded. I could try this again as I didn’t have the tactic sorted for a good month or two at the start.

Buffon

 72797DB7-8118-4296-B621-4A40FC97E8E8.thumb.png.b4e107ab3a391c2b5a454aac671448c5.pngD5CEC32F-2AEA-4F92-BD0A-83C23021A074.thumb.png.1d6c893dd01934c2e36b4745f6f890b6.png53935BC4-F4CF-46DF-8A44-B46F716ACDB0.thumb.png.7990758356a15e267980fc54eee2a93e.png

So he done awesome considering how old he is with not so great stats. I gave you my manager profile here as you can see we did only concede 9 all season and no defeats which was very nice.

Score

57-9 = 48

I genuinely had to use a calculator to do the sums there. Which shows my math skills. But I’m very happy with that score. Thought I’d do crap tbh. 
 

Anyway I would recommend this for anyone looking for something different from the norm challenges. I enjoyed lot more than I thought. Also I love this new tactic I’ve created, I feel like I need to test it with an even better team now!

Thank you for your reading and your comments are very much appreciated.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great work mate, glad you enjoyed it. Will add you the leaderboard now, that looks to be a very good score!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really well done mate, would love to see the tactic you used as the possesion is outstanding there! Nice score!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Albionic said:

Great work mate, glad you enjoyed it. Will add you the leaderboard now, that looks to be a very good score!

It was a very enjoyable challenge mate, great idea. So different from the rest 😁

 

22 minutes ago, DLC said:

Really well done mate, would love to see the tactic you used as the possesion is outstanding there! Nice score!

Thanks mate, I am thinking of posting this tactic as I don’t think I’ll make a lot of use out of it to be honest. Maybe the next few days it will be posted 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

First to complete the badge and that score will probably stay top for a very long time. Incredible effort.

Cheers Billy! I surprised myself to be honest. Love that I’ve made myself a new tactic and so different to what I’m used too 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Nice score Richie

Thanks Poppa.

 

10 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Fantastic score Rich. Great to see you going out of your comfort zone and mastering it. 

Thanks Kane! Yeah got to say I needed a bit of a change and this was really fun. I think it’s made me obsessed with possession now and not goals! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2021 at 23:37, Rich said:

Full Season

Hello and welcome back already to my attempt at the Buffon badge. Before I give you my results I got to say I really enjoyed this one and it’s quite surprising as I love scoring goals but whenever I need to create something new it’s always fun.


The Cups

1F906786-C3D8-476A-AB11-73B8371E6016.thumb.png.5a0da8befd90175dd0c2d404dd6ef2d1.pngA714855B-78A8-42BB-B52A-58ABA1440C1D.thumb.png.f4691866372220a591295ec23b9446d3.png

So we win both domestic cups which was nice, we are so hard to beat in this set up and as you can see we love to keep the ball. Which I’m enjoying as I haven’t really concentrated on that before.

The League

C7F58A95-D249-4655-A83F-2A35A882120B.thumb.png.765ead0667d8a9bed7658a6f86b379fd.png
 

Amazing, we didn’t concede a single league goal since our last update, I think that’s how I played the season so quick as I didn’t want to put it down. I can’t believe how much fun I had not conceding. We didn’t however get the 102 points or more as we drew too many games 0-0. But that didn’t bother me much. That’s all that matters now is the champions league.

Champions League

Last 16

22B33FD0-2F02-4F1F-8363-B0C562DD4A0C.thumb.png.ed1b46620dedb86a22470c2141ec8639.png8CBAA7D8-748A-43F2-A5CF-F67525F5B94B.thumb.png.813673104b8e84f1dcba5bd01820ebf9.png
 

So we really scrape through here, but we were pretty dominant. A lot of possession again which really excites me for some reason 😂

Quarter Final

2E542949-41B9-420C-98C5-79251501403B.thumb.png.939fa57272d67e095fa14a2c907c1d86.png297BBDB5-0F47-4BE6-85C0-3D6EA07CF95D.thumb.png.2513d78f9658afabf33a743a71271c79.png

Utter dominance against a very good Atletico team which was really nice. A very resounding 5-0 aggregate score will do us nicely.

Semi Final

5D4041BD-A220-4B6E-8A64-1544A0AAEF48.thumb.png.e2d07bfc7a593fae4fda8c03151fb482.pngDB82B491-F881-41DB-BDF1-423348AF89E6.thumb.png.b82a917660ca309d43247b1b7f5d8ac5.png

As soon as Cristiano got that goal away at Bayern I had a very good feeling, we don’t concede hardly any and we are very strong at home. And that proved to be the case. Restricting Bayern to barely anything. So now just the final to go, Surely we can’t fall at the last hurdle?

The Final

E8EFE22E-747A-490E-9A3C-2041254C198B.thumb.png.4e3cd92ae55313dd05ce981f28b45949.png
 

So we did it, I was expecting the worst when Haaland got that goal. But they didn’t have any more attempts. We kept the ball for 79% of the game, which is madness. I’m honestly smiling writing this, how sad 😂

Rest Of The Fixtures

  Hide contents

962EE8E6-6EF2-418D-98A2-9F75E53940BE.thumb.png.8bf8c87493513638ceb7e39efb9e45b3.pngD4ADB7AE-9D90-4FA4-AE12-600AF0AA9522.thumb.png.8ed5789c070be428d3f6df9170fdd66a.pngDDD7C2A5-C940-458A-A8A5-24D445A0E6C6.thumb.png.288f6a8ef180a2a2a95d22fe66c21bce.png

So as you can see, barely any goals conceded. I could try this again as I didn’t have the tactic sorted for a good month or two at the start.

Buffon

 72797DB7-8118-4296-B621-4A40FC97E8E8.thumb.png.b4e107ab3a391c2b5a454aac671448c5.pngD5CEC32F-2AEA-4F92-BD0A-83C23021A074.thumb.png.1d6c893dd01934c2e36b4745f6f890b6.png53935BC4-F4CF-46DF-8A44-B46F716ACDB0.thumb.png.7990758356a15e267980fc54eee2a93e.png

So he done awesome considering how old he is with not so great stats. I gave you my manager profile here as you can see we did only concede 9 all season and no defeats which was very nice.

Score

57-9 = 48

I genuinely had to use a calculator to do the sums there. Which shows my math skills. But I’m very happy with that score. Thought I’d do crap tbh. 
 

Anyway I would recommend this for anyone looking for something different from the norm challenges. I enjoyed lot more than I thought. Also I love this new tactic I’ve created, I feel like I need to test it with an even better team now!

Thank you for your reading and your comments are very much appreciated.

 

 

Brilliant. Time to be King of Parking the Bus 😎😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KickbackFootball said:

Brilliant. Time to be King of Parking the Bus 😎😆

Hopefully you’re better than Jose Mourinho, sorry mate 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...