Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Geordie: The Big Combo (Season 2)

For anyone who is interested, whilst @George Traistă has decided to bow out of Vibe (for reasons).

I am still going to be attempting this crazy combo challenge.

Season 2 for me will be a re-building of the squad up from the bare minimum squad of 24 that was required for the (failed) everyone's a goalscorer challenge I attempted in Season 1.

So my targets for this year are:

1. Get Diego Tardelli scoring a bit more, to get a good score in his final season of his Last Hurrah.
  2. Get Henry Lawrence as Yellow in the striker position, completing one of the requisites of the KOC challenge.
  3. Get more goals out of Carlos Vega for his Late Bloomer (current score is 15 out of 132 so a big ask for a 32 year old).
  4. Get even more goals of out Memphis Depay for his Peak Years.
  5. Keep Delap improving and scoring at a GpG of at least 0.51.
  6. Rebuild the squad getting ready for the Wonderkids FC challenge in a couple of years.

Yeah.... So... the second season was going ok,. not great, not too bad. I was on a bit of a run of bad form, hadn't won in 8 games in all competitions, and I got this message pop up:

Screenshot_20210403-190916.thumb.png.eed675bafe382521a32c467ba1323ed7.png

It didn't go in my favour:

Screenshot_20210403-190930.thumb.png.95a7319af2965f3223ae96050a63d60a.png

I kind of rage quit at that point, then when I'd calmed down when back in and it hadn't saved for about a week, so I grabbed the transfers I'd made and closed it and went and watched a film. So I completely forgot to get screenshots of how the team was doing (I think they were about 10th at the time, knocked out early of the League Cup by Liverpool, who then beat me as my next game in the premier league was against them straight after. I was doing ok in Europe, I think I was top of my group.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210403-191125.thumb.png.08c24aab9f4bca6d7660ab2a0ae1a7df.png

Screenshot_20210403-191129.thumb.png.382b7155a80293d4751082c897bc9f30.pngScreenshot_20210403-191143.thumb.png.8319615b3e044cc8895b7c25bb2041d5.pngScreenshot_20210403-191147.thumb.png.ab3c3092d04ef19e30b17a41f63e943e.png

I honestly can't be bothered going back in and getting screenshots, I've lost all feeling for the save after everything that happened at the end of last week.

I reckon a few days break and then try something else.

I wasn't happy with my formation, I could only really get Depay to score with any consistency, I had a mass of injuries to me CDs all at the same time (which lead to the results not being great, they were actually mainly draws not losses. But there were some big losses to Man Utd and other big clubs).

8 games without a win gets you sacked at Newcastle?! 

Those vpl guys went like 1 point in 19 games before getting axed 🤔 

Mike Ashley, man. We'll get the new season of TTR soon to set your head straight. 

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Mike Ashley, man. We'll get the new season of TTR soon to set your head straight. 

Yeah. I remember some clubs are a lot more patient. Man City didn’t sack me despite went 25 games losing streak in one of my test 😂

Very unlucky @geordiekrispy. Hope you’d do a lot better for what you are planning for.

Edited by broodje kip
Just now, hhooo said:

Yeah, it was weird... Didn't really see it coming.

I think it was a case of too many plates spinning/balls in the air kind of scenario.

Vela just was not scoring, Tardelli was doing ok, he'd have scored the same amount as season 1.

For all Delap wasn't scoring he was getting lots of attribute boosts.

Lawrence was being an arse and not training to be a striker at all, not getting any attribute boosts, not even getting any percentage increases after games.

Annoyingly there's a young lad in the reserves that would have ticked all the boxes straight away :(