Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Replicating barca 2012

So ive been working on a few different formations recently to try and recreate the proper tiki taka that everyone wants. I'm still only about 70% there as loss of the ball completely destroys the formation and creates way to many counter opportunities. Anyone have thoughts? Roles formations ot tactical set ups. Any insights would be appreciated 

Edited by Insidious
5 minutes ago, Insidious said:

So ive been working on a few different formations recently to try and recreate the proper tiki taka that everyone wants. I'm still only about 70% there as loss of the ball completely destroys the formation and creates way to many counter opportunities. Anyone have thoughts? Roles formations ot tactical set ups. Any insights would be appreciated 

I would say they played a slow tempo, narrow width, high defensive line, high pressing, short passing, short goalkeeper distribution.

I believe they played a 4-1-2-2-1. Goalkeeper, WIngbacks, Centre Backs, Anchor Man or Defensive Midfielder, Advanced Playmakers, Inside Forwards, Deep Lying Forward.

I interpreted it like this although I'm sure they changed systems, this is how I vaguely remember it.

8 minutes ago, DLC said:

I would say they played a slow tempo, narrow width, high defensive line, high pressing, short passing, short goalkeeper distribution.

I believe they played a 4-1-2-2-1. Goalkeeper, WIngbacks, Centre Backs, Anchor Man or Defensive Midfielder, Advanced Playmakers, Inside Forwards, Deep Lying Forward.

I interpreted it like this although I'm sure they changed systems, this is how I vaguely remember it.

I'm used to fm pc version, the trouble im having is there's no transition phase in fmm so while you're right they played slowly from the back, in the final 3rd  it was very quick, also they were narrow in defence but wide in attack to create overload opportunities. Ive tried so many permutations of roles, systems and tactics and i can replicate either the attacking position phase or the press defence i can't yet find a way to incorporate both in fmm

Maybe just try supportive/defensive roles at the back, attacking roles upfront, with a mixture In the middle. My logic is, supportive roles will play the slow tempo, pass it off to a more creative & attacking player, who will then speed and dictate the play. Might work with creative freedom set to expressive as well. 

No idea if this makes sense or works, just the way my brain works sometimes haha.

11 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Maybe just try supportive/defensive roles at the back, attacking roles upfront, with a mixture In the middle. My logic is, supportive roles will play the slow tempo, pass it off to a more creative & attacking player, who will then speed and dictate the play. Might work with creative freedom set to expressive as well. 

No idea if this makes sense or works, just the way my brain works sometimes haha.

I hadn't thought of suggesting that, great shout mate!

21 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Ditto mate but worth trying, ive got ised to fmm not having ng player roles. For example using 2 wbs pushing 1 up makes him attacking while a wb in the fb position makes him supp