Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Leveling Up Random

Snip

So I've been wandering about the levelling up of players. And how some shoot up really quickly and others level up with almost no attribute changes. I decided to wait until a player was one game away from leveling up and tried replaying the game a few times.

Here is Musiala before his game where he is due to level up.427885890_Screenshot_20210328-093925_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.d552dfcc7ce052ba81fb0ec2338e08e8.jpg

And here he is after scoring 2 goals and getting a 10 rating.417200821_Screenshot_20210328-095723_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.010a7a3942267d90af66122ca980708d.jpg

I replayed the same game a few times and then got this leveling up.

2144356296_Screenshot_20210328-113535_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.4e8ce39a752368c99c257a27c7665237.jpg

Only one attribute point.. but certainly a key one. There are many others on this site who would conduct a far more in depth experiment on this, but it seems that sometimes it can be pure luck.

Cheers

For some of the times I replayed the game I did change his training intensity to maximum on shooting just before the game. But I'm sure this was discussed on last year's version that it doesn't make a difference.

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

You can even get level ups where zero stats move, which is always an unpleasant surprise. 

This is my favourite, happened a couple of weeks ago for me.

Get a level up for a winger:

3FC51324-63B6-4804-BB66-335C9452F3BB.thumb.png.face90c6a53edb1ea698593bf0c24831.png

This should be nice:

FDF8BAAA-4A06-402C-B9D8-09CB26F75EB6.thumb.png.3a07ec022d71e6896d16fd9483eef0d8.png

Crossing goes down one, but at least his positioning went up.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is my favourite, happened a couple of weeks ago for me.

Get a level up for a winger:

3FC51324-63B6-4804-BB66-335C9452F3BB.thumb.png.face90c6a53edb1ea698593bf0c24831.png

This should be nice:

FDF8BAAA-4A06-402C-B9D8-09CB26F75EB6.thumb.png.3a07ec022d71e6896d16fd9483eef0d8.png

Crossing goes down one, but at least his positioning went up.

I just got this one very recently

Screenshot_2021-03-29-00-38-51-94_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.9f8a9c5874ebec0223ff8b8fc65d054d.jpg

Not sure why the arrow was pointing up if the only changes are negative

I tested this one a few times and apparently, it’s almost random when it comes to how much and where the attributes would increase. I remember replaying the match 5 times focusing on one of my players leadership, the first one increase from 10 to 11. Then, the second went from 10 to 17. The third, 10 to 13. The forth, 10 to 15 and the fifth is 10 to 13. It seems quite random to me but I’m not sure if performance would affect anything.

I think it's random, although I think there is something clever in the background that decides the 'shape' of a player, so you probably can't easily hit 20 for an attribute that the player isn't the right shape for. The game has a rough idea of which attributes an update may increase because of that and the position and attribute they are targeting, so it's not completely random, but it's random inside that.

I do know that every time you get an upgrade through the post mactch training screen mechanism, their CA goes up by 5 points (meaning they are that much closer to maxing out). Sometimes they have bigger updates which uses 10 points of CA and I once even saw a 15 point update, but it's almost always 5 points. 

Sometimes I get really good jumps in the attributes I want. Othertimes I get +1 Tackling for my striker and that's it... 

@Rich @hhooo - honestly those screenshots look like players who are coming back from injury, where they had lots of red down arrows when they lost some CA due to the injury and then they get an upgrade where it looks like there has been no improvement, but in fact quite a few of the red down arrows have disappeared now and they are back to where they were - or almost, sometimes they improve something else (and get green arrow) or don't get back the points for something (and keep the red arrow).  

So I'd say Clarke got injured and the update is a bounce back from that, but he didn't get his Crossing back (so net -1 for that), but instead got an extra point for Decisions and Positioning (so net +1 for those).

And I'd say Metehan Sen either lost two levels and just earned one back and still has a another to go to get back to pre-injury levels, or he only lost one, but just didn't bounce back properly.

Or I could be totally wrong and there could be other reasons for this! I know sometimes things go up or down when they retrain positions for eg. So who knows!

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Rich @hhooo - honestly those screenshots look like players who are coming back from injury, where they had lots of red down arrows when they lost some CA due to the injury and then they get an upgrade where it looks like there has been no improvement, but in fact quite a few of the red down arrows have disappeared now and they are back to where they were - or almost, sometimes they improve something else (and get green arrow) or don't get back the points for something (and keep the red arrow).  

So I'd say Clarke got injured and the update is a bounce back from that, but he didn't get his Crossing back (so net -1 for that), but instead got an extra point for Decisions and Positioning (so net +1 for those).

And I'd say Metehan Sen either lost two levels and just earned one back and still has a another to go to get back to pre-injury levels, or he only lost one, but just didn't bounce back properly.

Or I could be totally wrong and there could be other reasons for this! I know sometimes things go up or down when they retrain positions for eg. So who knows!

Sen has actually never been injured or lost attributes before this, which is why I was confused, I've seen the injury recovery situation plenty of times. He has, since that screenshot, gained a point in creativity (14 ->15) and crossing (18 -> 19), with a red arrow still present on creativity, and no arrow on crossing. Might just be buggy arrows.

He is also inconsistent, and maybe frequently changing attributes is one manifestation of inconsistency?

Some players will have a similar situation if they are overplayed or too tired as well, where they temporarily lose attributes until they get a game or two off. 

Edited by hhooo
4 hours ago, Scratch said:

No it’s annoying he hasn’t been injured and before that game he actually had 19 crossing, so I have no idea what happened to him. He is back at 19 now though. 

With you mentioning injuries @Scratch you noticing with smaller injuries now that players get a lot of red arrows? It ruins some players for me and they struggle to regain attributes for a long time. I kind of wish that happened to Jack Clarke as it would explain his -1 for crossing but he wasn’t 👎🏻

2 hours ago, hhooo said:

Sen has actually never been injured or lost attributes before this, which is why I was confused, I've seen the injury recovery situation plenty of times. He has, since that screenshot, gained a point in creativity (14 ->15) and crossing (18 -> 19), with a red arrow still present on creativity, and no arrow on crossing. Might just be buggy arrows.

He is also inconsistent, and maybe frequently changing attributes is one manifestation of inconsistency?

Some players will have a similar situation if they are overplayed or too tired as well, where they temporarily lose attributes until they get a game or two off. 

Ah right, yeah might be the overplaying thing (seems to be linked to the new player dip too). I saw Marc Vaughan say something about that a while back and those attributes should come back when they are rested and happy, as you say...

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

No it’s annoying he hasn’t been injured and before that game he actually had 19 crossing, so I have no idea what happened to him. He is back at 19 now though. 

Sounds like the same thing too?

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

With you mentioning injuries @Scratch you noticing with smaller injuries now that players get a lot of red arrows? It ruins some players for me and they struggle to regain attributes for a long time. I kind of wish that happened to Jack Clarke as it would explain his -1 for crossing but he wasn’t 👎🏻

Yeah, happens to me too. It's okay for younger players as they get it back quicker, but older players (maybe 26+) struggle a lot. And if they get a couple of injuries in a row, it's time to sell them...

It's also a good reason to avoid the best regens, because it's hard for them to get right to the top. If you are playing in a good European league, then a 160 PA player that dips to 155 CA will earn that back a lot quicker than a 200 PA player that dips to 195 CA. It takes a long time to get right to the top...